W.VA A moment of Pure Truth!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Zandoran_Celix, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zandoran_Celix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    WOW! This is probably this most excitement I've felt since I found out about Episode III release date! I'm from Barbour County and I'm over in Bridgeport/Clarksburg all the time. And I have been wanting a star wars fan group to join for a long time. I never knew one existed so close.....Do you think maybe I could join you guys?
    Not many Star Wars fans around here except my family and they really arent as avid a fan as I am. It'd be a welcomed change to have some people to talk to.....So if I'm like worthy of consideration please reply.
  2. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Of course you can join us! :D We'd be happy to have you in our club! We do all our meeting plans and stuff on this board, so keep checking back here to see when our next meeting will be. We also have a club website you can visit as well:

WV Fanforce/Outlanders' Haven

Welcome!!! And I hope to see you at our next meeting!

:D

3. Zandoran_Celix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cool! I also have another question...where is this WV JediCon Held? And where do you guys usually have your meetings?
  4. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Jedicon is in Middlebourne WV. We at Outlander's Haven are not in charge of that event, we just had a table there for the day last year.

We also go to the Pittsbugh Comicon every spring. There's a lot of neat Star Wars stuff there, and we also meet up with the Pittsburgh fanforce for dinner and fun. However, this spring we are all going to Celebration III in Indianapolis!!! :D :D :D

As far as meetings go, we usually meet in the Clarksburg and Fairmont areas. However we are more than happy to meet elsewhere to accomodate other members.

So tell us a little about yourself. :) How long have you been a Star Wars fan? What's your fav character? Not that we require such information, I just think it's nice to try and get aquainted with new people... :)

5. Zandoran_Celix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well alittle about me...hmmm...well first of I'm not little lol. Literally, and I'm 19 a recent graduate from the West Virginia Junior College wiht an Associates degree in computers. I'm not Working right not though as soon as i get my license and a car I will be. I fix computers so ill be my own boss. (forgive the gramatical errors but im tired of correcting them) I still live with my parents so yeah...My favorite characters are Mace Windu and Yoda. I've been a Star Wars Fan All my life....But i didnt truly become obsessed like i am now until i saw Aotc right after it came out on dvd. my favorite movies are AOTC & ESB but im sure one episode III comes out itll take over as the number one fav....i just hope it isnt as bad a disappointment as Episode one was. so how many of us is there anyway? and Id love to go to Celebration III but thered be no way cause id have no way there, no money even if i did. But Life hands you things like that too so.....You all have fun there and maybe ill meet you all before you go. also im a christian so yeah you know.....though at times I may not look or act like i am...trying to fix that though. Well that enough of me rambling seems i typed a whole novel of my life when you only asked for a little bit aobut me lol......so feel free to tell me aobut you all.....
  6. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    There are about five active members in the club, with a few tag alongs here and there as well. Don't get me wrong though, we love our tag alongs! :)

As for me, I'm 30 and been married for about 8 years, (no kids). My hubby is a welder and heavy equipment mechanic, and I'm presently going to Beauty School.

My favorite SW character is Boba Fett. I have an entire room in my house that is 95% nothing but Fett stuff.

Ummmm.... That's about all I can think of for now. It's early, and I haven't had my coffee yet... *blah*

Oh, forgive the lack of response from other members. Raptor and his wife had a baby last week, so I think they might be a tad occupied... :p

Our other members are all really busy with work and such. But they swing by the boards on a regular basis... Sometimes "real life" just gets in the way of all the fun... :p

:D
  7. Zandoran_Celix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I understand. And congrats on the child when ever you read my postings here raptor......and yes it seems life likes to get in the way of all the fun. i fear it will soon replace my staying up late and sleeping in till noon very soon once i have a work obligation to attend to. I hope to be come a very active member and yeah so its back to real life i guess.....
  8. Darth_Raptor FanForce CR & Webmaster, Clarksburg, WV

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hello! Glad you dropped by :) Sorry there has been a delay from me, but I'm getting back into the swing of things :) Looking forward to meeting you at one of our meetings soon!

I'm 28, married, and the father as of last week. Been a star wars fan for many many many years. I work as a Senior Systems Administrator. Other than Star Wars, I enjoy computer games, yes many SW related, as well as NASCAR racing.

Rap
  9. Zandoran_Celix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    very coool......i like nascar too.....umm pardon if i sound really dumb..but what is a senoir systems administrator?
  10. Darth_Raptor FanForce CR & Webmaster, Clarksburg, WV

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I take care of all the computer servers here as well as the network devices. I'm also in charge of all the other administrators that we have here as well.
  11. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    In other words......he's a bigshot with NASA.

*is impressed with fellow club member*

:D :D :D

12. Dotanis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Actually Raptor administers a system for the wholesale decimation of seniors. Yes Palpatine has nothing on him. When it comes to cold hearted people in the galaxy look no further than your local senior system administrator. ;)
  13. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK, I'm slow to jump in here, I know. It's been one of those weeks. :p

Welcome! :)
  14. Zandoran_Celix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    hello ithorian...very cool...i had applied for a job to be an network administrator.....didt get it though...i could be a network tech but i dont think i could be administration......
  15. Wraith_wolf Jedi Padawan

Welcome to the boards Zandoran!

Hi guys! After losing my ID info for the 1,347th time, Im back again! Been a long couple of months here.

Man, I go away for a short time, and everything happens, I swear! 'Grats on the lil'un Rap!

Raptor is basically the Man, having the coolest digs of the group, and the coolest job. =)

As for the meetings, my new schedule will leave me open for Thursdays and fridays, after next week. I'll be out of town here this weekend, so wouldnt be able to make the meeting. Ah, well. Ever since Beast (my car) blew a oil piston, i limp to work and back and lil else. Hopefully I can catch one of the meetings soon though. I would love to get the chance to catch up with everyone! I miss u guys!
  16. Darth_Raptor FanForce CR & Webmaster, Clarksburg, WV

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    You guys are nuts!!

Welcome back wolf, and thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.