main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A more realistic petition....

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by myway, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myway

myway Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2004
    With the approaching arrival of the OT on DVD, less than a yr away :), I think it's important that we focus our attention on a more realistic goal and petition. While we are mostly all in agreement that we don't like some/all of the SE changes, we can also recognise that to get George Lucas to go completely against his wishes is along shot. I suggest therefore that we try to get changed than, the single most infamous and intollerable SE change.....Greedo shooting first, the change so infamous that it was referenced in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I simply think we have a much better chance of getting that done, than releasing entire movies that George doesn't want released. I have to run now, so I'm sorry if this post seems a little rushed, but please respond and I'll check back later.

Look for existing threads :).

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Eh. I don't care who shoots first.

Regardless, Lucas does not strike me as the type who would listen to petitions when it comes to his aesthetic work. But if you want to organize it, have fun.

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Lucas does not care. Whether Greedo or Han shoots first the DVD will still sell!

My problem with the SE is Jabba CGI. It looks too fake!

My second problem is that Naboo should be at the end of ROTJ.

My third issue is that I think more of Corucant should be seen in ESB and ROTJ.

I don't think any of these issues will be resolved for the DVD.

Seldon

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    There is already a petition somewhere about getting the original OT on DVD. One of the major reasons for this it to have the restored Han shooting first.

Personally, I don't care about all these special changes. I just want George to get them out on DVD already, why be picky?

5. myway

myway Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2004
    yeah, I already signed the petition for the O-OT on dvd, I just thought of this as a backup. Hopefully if we don't get the completely original films, at least we'll get the point across that we DON'T want simply a transfer of the se trilogy that most of us already have seen and/or own on VHS.

6. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Regardless, Lucas does not strike me as the type who would listen to petitions when it comes to his aesthetic work. But if you want to organize it, have fun.

"ooooh...flag on the play! Lets listen and see what the official's call is..."

*WHISTLE*
    "Illegal use of the word aesthetic! 78 yard penalty, and loss of down!"

"Well, the coach has got to be pretty upset about that penalty."

"Yeah, they practice all season to avoid costly mistakes like that, and BAM! Someone uses a word like "aesthetic". What was he thinking?"
    [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.