main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC A mother of 2... at 15

Discussion in 'Community' started by SergeyX2017, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'm not taking anything personally. The person I was speaking to is the person who started the thread.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    And he wasn't shaming teenage parents.

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Sean, I'm not even a little bit interested in continuing this exchange. The thread rubbed me the wrong way, and I said something. I think we'll all survive.

4. yeurgh

yeurgh Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2016
    I find your lack of enthusiasm for Gopniks disturbing.

[​IMG]

5. SergeyX2017

SergeyX2017 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2017
    I am aware of that. My sister was in that situation. I am not "shaming" anyone. But, I do think that, while the government should help people in such curcamstances, they should not encourage it.

The problem is, many people in Russian government, including Putin himself, are obssessed with demographics and populatiin growth. They just want the population having more babies, even underage, whatever, no matter what social and such consequences result from that...

6. SergeyX2017

Jan 14, 2017
    Enough about the gopniks please. If you were even mugged by a pack of them (I have), it wouldn't be funny to you...

7. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    My aunt is a great great grandmother because she left college and got pregnant at 18, her teenage daughter, my first cousin, left school and got pregnant at 17, and her teenage daughter got pregnant at 16 and so on. The Alabama redneck life cycle.

8. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    And we can do something about that. That's why you're posting. Gotcha.

Share #nomorerussianteenageparents

9. SergeyX2017

Jan 14, 2017
    Lots of people post about different ****. I decided to post about this. Maybe shouldn't have, as I said.

Again, star out the whole ****ing word.

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Nah... it's okay to post stuff, just be prepared for people to disagree with you... that happens too.

11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    no it doesn't

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I suppose there are a few 15 year old girls who could manage $10,000 wisely, but I suspect most of them would be much better off with some supervision and instruction in how to handle their money. Problem is, I suspect competent and ethical financial/life advisors are at least as rare there as anywhere else.

13. Valryk

Valryk Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2016
    Since I'm a slav I'll squat in my chair for you.

yeurgh likes this.
  14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I had no idea about the $10,000 thing. That is very helpful to the parent(s), but it gives an unintentional incentive at the same time

15. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    the average teenager who gets pregnant isn't doing so to make some easy money, that's just ridiculous. it's as if teenage pregnancy doesn't happen everywhere else in the world, too, without any 'reward' for doing so.

16. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    lol i'm not following, op. you say that sex ed and condoms are scarce, and yet you speak like it was her evil plan all along to become a mother of two by 15.

maek up ur mind

anakinfansince1983 and harpua like this.
  17. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Most 15 year olds are biologically able to have children, therefore they should have children.

- an actual Ender Sai argument

18. SergeyX2017

Jan 14, 2017
    I am saying they, the kids, need to be taught better. Schools should do that. Instead of moralistic religious crap promoted by the Orthodox Church, although some brave parents are, now, successfully, standing up against that: https://themoscowtimes.com/news/mos...nda-classes-under-pressure-from-parents-56652

But too many people are brainwashed, sadly...

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Whaaaaa? Is this the 18th century?

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    When/where did he make that argument?

21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Those two are feuding in the antibiotics thread, since Ender claimed that human dentition implies we should eat meat.

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oh, I see.... the teeth thing.

23. yeurgh

yeurgh Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2016

Everyone else thinks I'm trolling but I thought you might appreciate this. Better work on that ankle mobility, western spies!

[​IMG]

SergeyX2017 likes this.
  24. SergeyX2017

Jan 14, 2017
    yeurgh

BTW, the "gopnik' thing is finally, thank God, going out of style in Russia, you know lol

There is a TV drama series over there, very popular right now, "Law of Concrete Jungle", about a bunch of young thugs in a desolate peripheral 'hood in Moscow, a street gang, basically
    [​IMG]
    who work for this douchebag drug dealer, Vadim
    [​IMG]
    and yes, they are the f-n protagonists, which, I know, is probably a good part of what's wrong with the society over there lol That pic of the boys with bats in my first post here is from that show, actually :D

Well, this show is based on the most current trends on the streets there, and one thing I noticed, not much of that old, 90s crap, the Adidas and all that.

The fashion has changed, totally. For the better, IMHO

Timofei Gordeev, aka "Tim", who is the leader of our protagonist gangstas, I actually love his attire, especially his bomber jacket
    [​IMG]

Leather is making a huge come back over there :D

You can still be a f-n violent, lawless hoodlum criminal, but that doesn't mean you can't also dress well for it ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of my favorite episodes is when Tim comes home, from whence he ran away years ago, from his father, who is crazy (PTSD, veteran of war in Chechnya) and physically abused him and his sister and their mom; and now he is a tough guy gangster, so he handcuffs his dad to his bed while he sleeps and later beats the crap out of him
    [/spoiler]
    [​IMG]
    [/spoiler] Tells him will come back and kill him if he lays a hand on mom or sis ever again...

The sister, Liza, later hooks up with one of his goons, predictably
    [​IMG]

Tim himself has beautiful Elena
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Russian girls love well-dressed thugs who throw lots of cash around lol Why do you think Putin is so damn popular?
    [​IMG]
    [face_laugh]

But, yeah, the age of the gopnik is over, I think, and thank God for that.

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Oy.... slow down with the images, man.