main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Mother's Tale- Obi-Wan's mother tells her story. Now COMPLETE 4-7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: A Mother's Tale
    Author:LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe:pre JA-?
    Characters:eek:bi-Wan,OC's
    Genre:Drama
    Summary:The mother of Obi-Wan Kenobi always remembers the son that she lost to the Jedi.

AN: Thank you BrentusofGath for beta reading this again. :D

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 16

10 YEARS LATER

Entry 5221

It has now been ten years to the day since I last saw my eldest son. It's as if it was all a dream, and I never really gave him up to the Jedi. It feels like it was just a bad dream, and I never gave a child to the Jedi. It?s as if Obi-Wan didn't exist, except for in my mind. Only my heart still reminds me that he is still there; I've not forgotten him and I doubt I ever will.

I can only imagine what Obi-Wan is doing nowadays, though it's probably best not to know. If I did, I'm sure I would be worrying about him constantly. I haven't seen him since he was a six year old child; he's sixteen now. My Obi-Wan is becoming a man, and I'm not there to see it.

Though I haven't seen my Jedi son in 10 years, I have fortunately gotten world of his well being. Ben and I have received word from the Jedi Temple that he is doing well. Obi-Wan was selected as a Padawan (I believe that's the Jedi word for apprentice) by a Jedi Master, and is now well on the path to becoming a Jedi Knight. I'm very proud of my son; I just wish I could see him. I hate to admit it, but I envy the Jedi Master who gets to train Obi-Wan.

I should stop complaining about what I cannot change; I do have much to be thankful for. Owen is growing into a fine young man, and I'm sure he's going to follow in his father's footsteps someday. Ben is still the most amazing husband, and I'm glad to have found him. My family is the most important thing in my life.

It is a shame that Frenton has been having so many problems lately. When the government center was attacked by an irate faction of the city; fear spread to every heart and home. I try to disregard it, but the truth is I?m afraid too. I don?t think there will be too long until full scale fighting will break out. I can?t help feeling sure that this will happen very soon.

Entry 5240

Today the most incredible thing happened, I finally saw Obi-Wan again! It was such a shock, that I'm still reeling from it. The day started as any other; it was my house cleaning day, so I almost didn't hear the bell ring. I was so incredibly shocked to see two Jedi standing at the door. Both had an air of familiarity around them. I looked at the older Jedi first, and wondered if I was imagining things. It looked like the same Jedi who took Obi-Wan as a baby. Then I looked at the younger one, and though I haven't seen him in a decade, I still recognized him instantly.

I couldn't resist drawing my son into a tremendous hug, even before I greeted them. Obi-Wan hesitated only a second before embracing me; there was nothing I could do to stop tears from falling down my cheek. I managed to utter a greeting then, and welcomed them inside.

Both bowed and then entered; Jedi are always so polite. My assumption is correct; the Jedi Master is Qui-Gon Jinn, the same Jedi who took Obi-Wan as a baby. Strange that he is now the person training Obi-Wan to be a Jedi. I'm guessing that the padawan he was with last time must be a Jedi Knight now.

I found that it was incredibly hard to take my eyes off my son, so long have I wanted to see him again. Obi-Wan is most definitely growing up, a lightsaber is on his belt and he has a most serious expression on his face. It is obvious that he respects Qui-Gon deeply, and is totally devoted to the Jedi Order. I'm proud that he is my son.

Qui-Gon explained that they just completed a mission here, and were waiting a couple of hours until their transport could take them back to Coruscant. I?m happy to know that the Jedi know of our continuing struggle here, and I?m glad that my son is helping to bring peace to this world again. Obi-Wan wasn?t here for that long, but I did my best to make the most of it.

Obi-Wan

2. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    OOOhhh that was ssoooo gooood obi wan's home for a visit. I bet Ben was shocked to come home to his son.[:D]

Telling on obi wan for puking on qui gon priceless.

good work.
    =D==D==D==D==D=

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwwwwww [face_love] Qui-Gon got to go with him for a visit! Yay!!!

4. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Isn't it a pity that time always flies when you don't want it to?

very true. that line really was sad. but i like that even though she misses obi, she is proud of what he's doing and she accepts things for what they are. she really is quite a brave woman.
    another wonderful update! =D=

5. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Great Update...

Loved her getting to see her boy all grown up.

I don't know if I would have been able to let
    either of my boys go off to be Jedi...

What a difficult thing to do.

Keep up the good work.

[face_pig]

6. -Courtney-

-Courtney- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 8, 2005
    I cannot believe I did not read this as soon as you posted it, this was a great update as always.

7. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    I can't believe I didn't see this 'til now! Sorry.

Haha! I love that she told the story of Obi-Wan puking on Qui-Gon. I can just imagine the flaming cheeks...isn't Obi cute when he's embarrassed? :p

8. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Love the update! [face_love]

I'm so glad Obi's mom got to see how well her boy is growing up. And that he has such a great relationship with Qui-Gon. [face_love]

This is great, keep it up! :D

9. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    AN: Just so you guys know, I will be updating this story as soon as it gets beta'd. And now on to review replies...

Lea-El:OOOhhh that was ssoooo gooood obi wan's home for a visit. I bet Ben was shocked to come home to his son.

Yeah, that's for sure. :)

Telling on obi wan for puking on qui gon priceless.

I couldn't resist. Any opportunity to enbarass Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan is too good to resist.

good work.

Layren: Awwwwwwwww Qui-Gon got to go with him for a visit! Yay!!!

I couldn't resist, glad you liked it.

obi_webb: very true. that line really was sad. but i like that even though she misses obi, she is proud of what he's doing and she accepts things for what they are. she really is quite a brave woman.

I must admit I use my own mother as the model for Rella.

another wonderful update!

Thank you very much!

hyperspace_police:Great Update...

Thank you!

Loved her getting to see her boy all grown up.

:D

I don't know if I would have been able to let
    either of my boys go off to be Jedi...

If I had kids I doubt I would be able to either.

What a difficult thing to do.

That's for sure.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you, I will.

-Courtney-:I cannot believe I did not read this as soon as you posted it, this was a great update as always.

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. :)

PadawanKaterina: I can't believe I didn't see this 'til now! Sorry. Haha! I love that she told the story of Obi-Wan puking on Qui-Gon. I can just imagine the flaming cheeks...isn't Obi cute when he's embarrassed?

He sure is! I'm glad you liked it.

Bastet:Love the update!

Glad you did!

I'm so glad Obi's mom got to see how well her boy is growing up. And that he has such a great relationship with Qui-Gon.

Yeah, I wanted Obi to be able to meet his parents with his master in tow.

This is great, keep it up!

Thank you!

10. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Summary:The mother of Obi-Wan Kenobi always remembers the son that she lost to the Jedi.

AN: Thank you BrentusofGath for beta reading this again.:D

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 17

SEVEN YEARS LATER

Entry 7300

It's finally come down to it; this morning Ben and I became Frenton's newest refuges. I didn't want this day to come, but I knew that things were never going to get better on my world. The civil war that began seven years ago continues to rage; it's become a dangerous place to live. It was extremely hard for us to leave, but our choices were so limited.

We've decided to move to the planet Naboo, a beautiful and peaceful world. I quickly fell in love with this place; the capital at Theed is an architectural triumph and the people made me feel at home instantly. We are living in the capital; our home is a fairly nice but modest little apartment. From our tiny garden, I can see the palace in all its glory. The government is stable on Naboo and has been for many years, I finally feel safe again.

The one thing I still find myself worrying over is my son Owen. He didn't listen to our advice about leaving Frenton; instead he decided to stay and fight in the civil war. He wants nothing more than to come back to us as a war hero, but doesn't realize that all we care about is his well being. I can't help my constant worry for him, and my comlink gets constant use. I only hope Owen will come to understand that fighting won't get him anywhere and that he needs to grow up and settle down. I would love to be a grandparent someday.

TWO YEARS LATER

Entry 7900

I never would've imagined that coming to the planet Naboo would be such a huge mistake. As of today, I'm living on a planet under a blockade by the notorious Trade Federation. It's funny that we escape our world to avoid things like this. I came to love Naboo, but it's still not my homeworld. I wish I could return, but that will never happen I fear.

Our leader during these hazardous times is Queen Amidala, a young woman who has quite the mind for politics. When I first heard that a fourteen year old girl was running for office, I thought it was a joke. Then I heard this young woman speak; she knows what she is doing and I believe she will be a great leader of Naboo. I wonder what must be going through her mind right now, I couldn't imagine having to bear such a responsibility.

Entry 7902

The worst thing I could imagine has just occurred. The droid armies have just now invaded Naboo. I can hear the metal thud of their footsteps right now, and the whine of their repulsor engines. A moment ago I tried calling Owen on Frenton, but communications were scrambled. My hands are shaking right now, I'm utterly terrified. What is going to happen to us now? I hope our queen has a plan.

Entry 7903

I'm in a cell now, with at least twenty other women. One minute Ben and I were sitting in our home minding our own business, and the next we were being herded out by well armed battle droids. Luckily I had enough sense to put this datapad in my tunic pocket; I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this journal to share my thoughts with.

Entry 7904

I'm sad to say that my situation hasn't improved in the least, in fact it's worse. The battle droids are constantly harassing us, and giving us only a very little to eat and drink. According to the rumors flying about, the Queen escaped Naboo right under the nose of the Trade Federation. I have no clue how or why she did, I only hope she knows what she is doing. I must ask myself one question, how was she able to escape? Even with bodyguards, battle droids are not easy to escape from. Unless they had Jedi assistance, of course.

Depression threatens to overtake me here. Without contact to my son or my husband, the feelings of worry and anger have overcome me. I want to do something, but what can an average woman do against odds

11. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    i LOVED the end when obi smiled at his mother during the parade! reading this really make me want to watch episode 1 actually!:p
    this isn't the end of the story is it? i hope not! i want more!
    but anyway, the last update was great. i really enjoyed rella's perspective to the events of episode 1. it adds to the movie, as it's only talked about what's happening to the average citizen on naboo and here we get to acually read what happened from a citizen's point of view. (and obi's mom no less!)
    wonderful update!
    =D=

12. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    I loved that you had Obi's parents move to Naboo, that was a nice twist. [face_love]

I actually just finished watching TPM, highly edited, of course, (I always fast-forward every part sans Obi-Wan :p), and I loved reading about the whole blockade thing from an average citizen's perspective.

I was sad to hear that Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn was killed, my son must be very upset. I remember the master being a very compassionate person, even by Jedi standards. I couldn't forget how much he seemed to care for Obi-Wan, they truly seemed to have a great friendship. I wish I could be there to comfort my son, but he's not a child anymore. :_|

I loved how Obi smiled at his mother at the parade. Awww. [face_love]

I can't wait for more of this! :D

Edit: Did I ever tell you I really like the first line of your sig? Sawyer's my favorite. =P~ :D

13. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!He looked at his Momma.:_|:_|:_|:_|

I like how you tied it in with the move to Naboo.

I have the feeling that Padawan is going to be the death of him though. Sorry I couldn't resist that.

Good work, really good work.

=D==D==D==D=

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Obi-Wan saw his mother and smiled at her! What a wonderful touch.

I really enjoyed the update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Goooooood Very Gooooood

Great job

Keep up the good work

[face_pig]

16. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    I like this chapter, now it is starting to fit in with the films & it is moving alot faster.

17. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    I also noticed a young boy standing next to him with a padawan braid. Could this mean that my son is not only a Jedi Knight, but also a Master now?

Yup...all too soon. :(

My eyes didn't leave my son; I wanted to burn this newest vision of him in my mind forever. Then, as if he knew I was looking at him, (I wouldn't be surprised if he did), Obi-Wan seemed to look straight at me, and then he smiled.

:_| So sweet! *sniffle*

18. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    obi_webb: i LOVED the end when obi smiled at his mother during the parade! reading this really make me want to watch episode 1 actually!
    Thank you, I feel like watching it again too actually.

this isn't the end of the story is it? i hope not! i want more!

No, it's not the end. But the end will be coming soon.

but anyway, the last update was great. i really enjoyed rella's perspective to the events of episode 1. it adds to the movie, as it's only talked about what's happening to the average citizen on naboo and here we get to acually read what happened from a citizen's point of view. (and obi's mom no less!)

Thank you! It was just a random idea to have her be in Naboo, I'm happy it worked out.

wonderful update!

Thank you!! :D

Bastet:I loved that you had Obi's parents move to Naboo, that was a nice twist.

I'm glad you liked it.

I actually just finished watching TPM, highly edited, of course, (I always fast-forward every part sans Obi-Wan ), and I loved reading about the whole blockade thing from an average citizen's perspective.

I do the same thing. [face_laugh]

I loved how Obi smiled at his mother at the parade. Awww.

Thank you!

I can't wait for more of this!

More is coming soon.

Edit: Did I ever tell you I really like the first line of your sig? Sawyer's my favorite.

Sawyer's not my favorite Lostie (Charlie is) but he is the funniest guy! And I have to say he IS very cute.

Lea-El:AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!He looked at his Momma.

Yuppers! :D

I like how you tied it in with the move to Naboo.

Thank you, glad you liked it.

I have the feeling that Padawan is going to be the death of him though. Sorry I couldn't resist that.

I think you may be right! [face_laugh] I have always thought that was one of the most hilarious lines in SW.

Good work, really good work.

Thank you, my new Paddy sis. :)

KELIA: Obi-Wan saw his mother and smiled at her! What a wonderful touch.

Thank you very much!

I really enjoyed the update!

I'm glad you liked it.

hyperspace_police: Goooooood Very Gooooood Great job

Thank you very much!!

Keep up the good work

I will.

-Courtney-: I like this chapter, now it is starting to fit in with the films & it is moving alot faster.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

PadawanKaterina:Yup...all too soon.

Poor Qui, poor Obi. :_|

So sweet! *sniffle*

I'm glad you liked it.

19. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005

AN: Thank you BrentusofGath for beta reading this again.:D

Here is the pm list. If you want to be added/removed then jsut let me know.

obi_webb
    Lea-El
    hyperspace_police
    Tiffanty1

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 18

TEN YEARS LATER

Entry 11209

All of Naboo was shocked today to discover that our former Queen, Padme Amidala was nearly assassinated. The holonet reported she was going to Coruscant in order to vote on the army creation act, when her ship was destroyed. Luckily, she was smart enough to realize the risk and so her decoy was killed instead of her. Politics may be important, but I can't see why they would be so important as to kill anyone who disagrees with them. I certainly hope she has improved her security efforts.

Entry 11213

Tragedy struck the planet of Geonosis today, and not even Ben can console me. The reports all tell of several Jedi being killed by the droid armies of the Separatists. The world holds Jedi in such high esteem, that to hear of so many casualties, shocked everyone. If these bold and brave warriors are dying in battle, then what does that mean for the rest of us? What does this mean for my Jedi son?

I'm so worried for Obi-Wan, what could be happening to him right now? I know that he's been in and out of danger his entire life; after all he IS a Jedi. To hear of this incident on Geonosis scares me beyond belief. Was he one of those killed? What about his Padawan? Did he know those who died? If my son is alive, then I can only imagine what he must be feeling. It must be incredibly hard on him. I just want to talk to him; I want to hold him as I did when he was a baby.

Entry 11214

I have received a message from Obi-Wan! I couldn't hardly believe it, until I actually saw it for myself. This is what the hologram we received said.

Father and Mother,

As I'm sure you must've heard about the incident on Geonosis, I felt I should let you know that I'm doing well. Don't worry for me, I have the Force as my ally. Take care, as I fear this conflict won't end anytime soon. I hope you and Owen are all well, I miss you all.

Obi-Wan

I can't say how relieved I was to see this; Obi-Wan wasn't harmed and he hasn't forgotten about his family. That warmed my heart more than I can express.

Entry 11212

The holonet is calling it the Clone Wars, because apparently the Republic now has a force of clone troopers. It sounds fishy to me, but I'm happy the Republic has a fighting force. I thought that when Naboo was invaded ten years ago that it was the absolute worst thing that could happen. Well I was wrong. Since the Clone Wars began, nothing has been the same. War is the most horrible abomination; I'm saddened that it has taken over the galaxy. Nothing and nowhere is safe anymore.

While I'm very happy that Ben and I have had a good life here on Naboo, we still miss our homeworld dearly. The civil war that ravaged the planet has ended, but I'm not sure that it won't start again. Owen still refuses to move to Naboo with us, but he has at least settled down. He now has a son and daughter of his own; I finally got my wish for grandchildren. If only they were here now, how I worry for them all everyday.

As for the events that have overtaken the galaxy I can only pray that it will be extremely short lived. Wars that ravage a single planet are bad enough, but a galaxy wide war is terrifying. From what Ben was telling me there is a Separatist movement headed up by Count Dooku, who I was told is a former Jedi. Planets all over are falling to the Separatists side and even the dreaded Trade Federation is involved. I have a very bad feeling about this.

20. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    i like that you're covering obi's mothers perspective on the prequel trilogy events! and it was such a great moment when obi sent the message to his family!
    he must have known how much his family had to be worried for him!
    =D= though i'm sad to hear that this will be ending soon! you have really crafted a wonderful piece of work with this!

21. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    OOOh! Momma has a bad feeling about this! Now we know which side of the family Obi-Wan got his Force sensitivity from.:)

I'm glad he called home and she has grandchildren.:)

I look forward to your next post.:D

Your Padawan sister[:D] Yes, we have a good Master.:cool:

22. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Aww, I loved how Obi sent his family a message to let them know he was alright. [face_love]

I have a very bad feeling about this. Me too! :_|

Can't wait for more! :D

23. -Courtney-

Oct 8, 2005
    "I have a bad feeling about this"
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

24. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    obi_webb: i like that you're covering obi's mothers perspective on the prequel trilogy events!

I'm glad you like it. :)

and it was such a great moment when obi sent the message to his family!

I just thought it would be in Obi-Wan's character to think about that.

he must have known how much his family had to be worried for him!

Yup!

though i'm sad to hear that this will be ending soon! you have really crafted a wonderful piece of work with this!

Thank you very much, I'm glad you've liked this story.

Lea-El: OOOh! Momma has a bad feeling about this! Now we know which side of the family Obi-Wan got his Force sensitivity from.

Yup. Well earlier it did say that no KENOBI ever was Force sensative before. Technically she's not a Kenobi by blood.

I'm glad he called home and she has grandchildren.

I was happy to write it too. :)

I look forward to your next post.

More is coming soon.

Your Padawan sister Yes, we have a good Master.

Yes we do. :) But be careful, don't want our macho Master's ego boosted. [face_laugh] Don't tell him I said that...[face_shhh] Ok if you're watching Master, it was just a joke. *looks around nervously* [face_worried] No need to zap me, ok? *Runs and hides*

Bastet Aww, I loved how Obi sent his family a message to let them know he was alright.

Yuppers! :D

Me too!

*Sigh* Why does Stars Wars have to be so sad? Then again if it wasn't, we probably wouldn't like it as much.

Can't wait for more!

More is coming soon to a board near you. I think I injested too much sugar today...

-Courtney-: "I have a bad feeling about this"
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

You can say that again. [face_laugh]

25. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005

AN: Thanks to my master BrentusofGath for the beta.

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 19

TWO YEARS LATER

Entry 123015

Looking back at the entries I made right before the outbreak of the Clone Wars, I must say my expectations were right on. These last two and a half years have been atrocious; the loss of life is innumerable. Hope is a thin thread shared only by the few; most people are resigned to their fate, but I'm one of the few who still believes in a safe and free Republic. Above all I trust the Jedi.

The first time I saw Obi-Wan on the holonet, I couldn't stop the swell of pride I felt. Then I continued to see him and it wasn't long before the name Obi-Wan Kenobi became a household name. I'm incredibly proud of him; my son has become an extraordinary Jedi even by their standards.

The holonet reporters call him The Negotiator, because he is able to resolve conflicts without violence. Obi-Wan is not just a Jedi Knight now, but also a Master. I've heard that he is now on the Jedi Council; even with my limited knowledge of the Jedi, I know that the Council is reserved for the best. He is General Kenobi, as he leads others into battle. My baby boy is one of the most influential people in the galaxy.

Being the mother of the Negotiator is not that easy, as some might think. Any time I use my credit chip at the market, the cashier gives a double take whenever he sees the last name Kenobi.

Some joke about the coincidence of my name being the same as Obi-Wan's, others ask me the 'do you know him' question. If I answer correctly then I'm hounded with a million questions, so I've taken to telling them there is no relation. When I say it, the knife wound in my heart grows deeper.

As I've already said, I'm very proud of Obi-Wan's achievements as a Jedi. I still am a mother however; so I can't help being constantly worried. He does all these terrifyingly dangerous acts of courage, that he somehow is able to come out of alive. I see it on the holonet, and the whole time I'm on pins and needles. I don't want to watch it, because I know the fear and worry will grow, but I fear I might miss something important if I don't.

Besides Obi-Wan, the holonet reporters are flocking to his old apprentice, Anakin Skywalker. I'm sure that was the little boy I saw with Obi-Wan those many long years ago here on Naboo. Anakin is called The Hero With No Fear, as he often gets himself caught in the most precarious of situations. Obi-Wan tags along, and seems to play the part of the bait on more than one occasion. Why do I get the feeling that boy is going to be the death of my son?

Owen eventually decided to move his family to Naboo, when Frenton was won by the Separatists. He lives close by, and is working for the Naboo government. There is one less worry for me day to day.

Ben is still getting around all right, despite the fact that his age is just beginning to catch up with him. He is fortunate that he is still fairly healthy for his age; must be those persistent Kenobi genes.

As for myself, I feel the weight of my years every single day. When I look in the mirror, the face I see doesn't look like the one I once knew. The time has gone by too fast, the prime of my life gone as if in a dream. I'm no longer the naïve wife I was when I married Ben; now my heart and mind are scarred with a pain nobody should share.

The saddest part is that it isn't just the elderly that have aged; this war has caused too many young people to grow up faster than they should.

I'm not sure what is going on in the Senate these days, but I'm getting very concerned. It seems to me that the more this war drags on, the more deliberation the Senate does. I know the Supreme Chancellor has our best interests, but sometimes it seems like he doesn't put those emergency powers to good use. I was

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.