main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Mother's Tale- Obi-Wan's mother tells her story. Now COMPLETE 4-7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I've been lurking in this story for a few weeks now... and I just want to say that I really like this.

The perspective you chose to take on the SW saga is really original and well done.

I also like the similaritiest between Obi-Wan and his mother that you bring out... the little things like sayings and feelings.

I am really looking forward to reading more

jcs

2. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Why do I get the feeling that boy is going to be the death of my son? :( Though probably not in the way she thinks.

I love how Obi's mom met Padme's mom, but it's so sad to know that they're both going to lose their kids soon. :_|

I wish Obi could somehow let his mother know that he's okay, after the purge, but it would be too dangerous, for him, and for her. :(

I'm really enoying this story, LilyHobbitJedi! :D

3. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    that was such an amazing update! so beautifully written yet so sad. i really can't imagine anyone telling obi's mother's story any better then what you have with this.

As for myself, I feel the weight of my years every single day. When I look in the mirror, the face I see doesn't look like the one I once knew. The time has gone by too fast, the prime of my life gone as if in a dream. I'm no longer the naïve wife I was when I married Ben; now my heart and mind are scarred with a pain nobody should share.

this fic is full of such heart-breaking moments that it almost is too sad, but one thing that you've always accompilished with this is despite all the pain and heartache obi's mother goes through you still show what a brave and noble person she is.
    i look forward to seeing how this ends!
    you are a truly talented writer and thank you for sharing this story with us.

4. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Why do I get the feeling that boy is going to be the death of my son?

[face_laugh][face_laugh]Roll around on the floor.[face_laugh][face_laugh]

We are mothers, and despite everything they will still be our children and we will love them no matter the cost.

Ahh! Yes!:_| I got my emotional exercize on this post.

Good work!=D==D==D=

My Padawan sister lips are sealed, I'll never tell.

5. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Ok i just found this fanfic today, and i gotta say i LOVE it!.. u have done such a fantastic job with the emotional aspects of this story.. i found myself so sad at times :_|

Cant wait to read ur next entry.. plz pm me! :D

[face_peace]

6. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    [face_love] Awe...

I like how Padmé's mother met Obi-Wan's mother. That's really cute.

Thanks for the long post. :) I can't wait for the next one.

7. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    jaina_clan_solo: I've been lurking in this story for a few weeks now... and I just want to say that I really like this.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. :D

The perspective you chose to take on the SW saga is really original and well done.

Thank you!!

I also like the similaritiest between Obi-Wan and his mother that you bring out... the little things like sayings and feelings.

That was one of the things I really wanted to get across with this. To make their be no doubts that Obi is her son.

I am really looking forward to reading more

More is on the way in a minute.

Bastet: Why do I get the feeling that boy is going to be the death of my son? Though probably not in the way she thinks.

Yup. :_|

I love how Obi's mom met Padme's mom, but it's so sad to know that they're both going to lose their kids soon.

Involving Jobal was just one of those random inspirations, I'm glad you liked it.

I wish Obi could somehow let his mother know that he's okay, after the purge, but it would be too dangerous, for him, and for her.

It would be very dangerous.

I'm really enoying this story, LilyHobbitJedi!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

obi_webb: that was such an amazing update! so beautifully written yet so sad. i really can't imagine anyone telling obi's mother's story any better then what you have with this.

Aww...Thank you very much!!!

this fic is full of such heart-breaking moments that it almost is too sad, but one thing that you've always accompilished with this is despite all the pain and heartache obi's mother goes through you still show what a brave and noble person she is.

Yeah that was what I wanted to get across with Rella, that she is far stronger than she thinks she is.

i look forward to seeing how this ends!

The next chapter is coming soon.

you are a truly talented writer and thank you for sharing this story with us.

Thank you very much, I'm thrilled to have such wonderful readers for this story.

Lea-El:Why do I get the feeling that boy is going to be the death of my son? Roll around on the floor.

I will admit that I got a good chuckle when I thought of that line. hehe

Ahh! Yes! I got my emotional exercize on this post.

Glad you liked it. :)

Good work!

Thanks!!

My Padawan sister lips are sealed, I'll never tell.

Hehe, and I won't say a word either.

Veloz: Ok i just found this fanfic today, and i gotta say i LOVE it!.. u have done such a fantastic job with the emotional aspects of this story.. i found myself so sad at times

Thank you, I'm so glad you are enjoying this.

Cant wait to read ur next entry.. plz pm me!

More is coming soon, and I would be happy to pm you.

PadawanKaterina: Awe... I like how Padmé's mother met Obi-Wan's mother. That's really cute.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

Thanks for the long post. I can't wait for the next one.

You're welcome, more is coming soon!

8. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: A Mother's Tale
    Author:LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe:pre JA-?
    Characters:eek:bi-Wan,OC's
    Genre:Drama
    Summary:The mother of Obi-Wan Kenobi always remembers the son that she lost to the Jedi.

AN: Thank you BrentusofGath for the mad beta reading skills again. :D

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 20

ALMOST A YEAR LATER

Entry 123267

Today marks the lowest point the Republic has seen in the Clone Wars. When I awoke today, Ben was avidly watching the holo; a look of mild consternation on his face. I sat down next to him and saw the report detailing General Grievous's newest attack; on Coruscant of all places. I couldn't believe it was actually happening. If the heart of the Republic is vulnerable, then what will happen when the Separatists go after a harmless planets like Naboo?

Ben held me as I cried; it seems he's been doing that quite a bit lately. We both watched as the battle raged on; Republic starships taken down by vulture droids and the giant cruisers shooting brightly colored turbolaser beams at one another. My heart when went out to the poor pilots whose lives ended in a brief flash of flame.

Later, on the same day, my grandchildren came over for a visit while their parents worked. Mak, my grandson is now seven and his sister Adira is five. They remain perhaps one of the few joys left to the old woman I've become. It warms my heart to see these two young children play; they are so innocent, not knowing about the horrors of this war. They are very fortunate to live on a world such as Naboo, for Frenton remains more of a battleground than a home.

My grandchildren were busy playing some imaginary childish game, while I watched the newest holonet report. To my utter disbelief the holonet reporter explained that Supreme Chancellor Palpatine was kidnapped by the Separatists. I couldn't contain myself this time, despite the fact that I didn't want to break down in front of my grandchildren.

"What's wrong, Gramma?" said little Adira, climbing up on my lap.

For a moment I debated on the best response to answer her. "I'm just worried, dear," I said simply.

"Don't be sad, Gramma, Uncle Obi will save the day," she said, patting my hand.

The only thing I could do was pull Adira into a hug; she was right. I couldn't lose hope. My son Obi-Wan, and the rest of the Jedi are out there right now. There is no way they will let the Supreme Chancellor go without a fight. The question is will they be too late?

Entry 123268

I have incredible news from Coruscant! Chancellor Palpatine was saved by none other than my son and Anakin Skywalker. Little Adira knew it all along; I'm surprised she's not Force sensitive. The other part of the report was to announce that Count Dooku, leader of the Separatist forces was killed. This is the best news I've heard in a long time.

It's worrisome to think of my son facing down that dangerous man, and coming out alive. The prowess of the Jedi, never continues to amaze me. Now that Dooku is dead, perhaps that will mean that this war is almost at an end. I certainly hope that is the case, for I'm so tired of hearing reports of bloodshed and loss.

From what I've gathered, the next target for the Republic is to capture or kill General Grievous. I don't know much about the individual in question, but what I have heard scares me. He is a cyborg, with a small part of him actual living tissue. He has also killed several Jedi, using their lightsabers against them. This monstrosity is a violation of nature; unfortunately he's still at large.

Entry 123281

Recent events in the Senate have started to concern me greatly in the last week or so. I'm no politician and I wouldn't claim to know the intricacies that the Senate is involved in, but I'm really beginning to wonder if they have our best interests in mind. More and more direct power is being given to the Supreme Chancellor. I've been told that this is to effect swift change, but that sounds more like a dictatorship than democracy to me.

Jobal told

9. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    Oh this is just so sad :( :_|

Tnx a lot for the update and the pm!

10. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    "Don't be sad, Gramma, Uncle Obi will save the day," she said, patting my hand. O:)

Good line I can see her say it.=D=

OK uncle Obi you have to find a way to let Mom know you are alive.:_|

This is a really good story. I will miss it when it's completed.

=D==D==D==D=

11. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    another terrific job on her prespective on the events of episode 3!

i think that was about the cutest line i ever read! i'm really glad she has her grandchildren to help her through all this!
    espcially with the new empire and her being so worried for her son..
    =D= well done as usual!

12. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wow, Lily, My heart breaks for Obi's mother.

Not evening knowing (and she may or may not ever know) if he survives the attack.

You really pack so much emotion into these updates, I love it!

jcs

13. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005

Awe. [face_love] How cute. "Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is."

I keep thinking back to that day when Qui-Gon Jinn took Obi-Wan to the Jedi Temple, should I have stopped it then? I know he was meant to be a Jedi, but he might've been saved from such a horrible fate.

No, no, no! He's alive! He's alive! He's alive! Don't give up. :(

14. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Oh, Obi-Wan has to go find his mother now! She is too kind and loving for him to leave her hanging like that! Of course, she has not been a part of his life... but still!

Great story, Lily! Poignant and saddening. =D=

15. Jedi_siriwan

Jedi_siriwan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    I love the story~ =D=

16. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Veloz: Oh this is just so sad

Yeah :(

Tnx a lot for the update and the pm!

You're most welcome! :D

Lea-El: Good line I can see her say it.

I couldn't resist adding in the grandchildren.

OK uncle Obi you have to find a way to let Mom know you are alive.

Don't worry, she won't be left in the dark for long.

This is a really good story. I will miss it when it's completed.

Thank you! I'm sure I'm going to miss writing it too.

obi_webb: another terrific job on her prespective on the events of episode 3!

Thanks, glad you liked it. :)

i think that was about the cutest line i ever read! i'm really glad she has her grandchildren to help her through all this! espcially with the new empire and her being so worried for her son..

Her grandchildren definitely give her a different perspective on things.

well done as usual!

Thank you very much, so glad you liked it.

jaina_clan_solo: Wow, Lily, My heart breaks for Obi's mother.
    Not evening knowing (and she may or may not ever know) if he survives the attack.

Yeah, very sad situation. :(

You really pack so much emotion into these updates, I love it!

Thank you, I do my best. :D

PadawanKaterina:Awe. How cute. "Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is."

Yuppers. :D

No, no, no! He's alive! He's alive! He's alive! Don't give up.

Don't worry there is still one more update...;)

Luna_Nightshade: Oh, Obi-Wan has to go find his mother now! She is too kind and loving for him to leave her hanging like that! Of course, she has not been a part of his life... but still!

I will say that Obi-Wan hasn't forgotten his parents.

Great story, Lily! Poignant and saddening.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it. :)

Jedi_siriwan: I love the story~

Thank you!!

17. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Summary:The mother of Obi-Wan Kenobi always remembers the son that she lost to the Jedi.

AN: This last chapter of A Mother's Tale has taken me days to write because I wanted it to be a certain way. As a result the last chapter is HUGE. So I've split the chapter in two parts. Here's the first part, the conclusion will be posted either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks to all my reader for all their wonderful words of inspiration! I also need to send out a big thanks to Master BrentusofGath for the mad beta reading skills again.

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 21: Part 1

Entry 123307

It is ironic to think that these war free days are incredibly worse than the ones during the fighting. Everything has happened so incredibly fast. My head is still spinning from the grief, shock and absolute horror I've been subjected to. Just when I felt things couldn't possible grow worse, a new tragedy reaches me. How much is an old woman supposed to take?

I'm still in mourning for Obi-Wan, yet I haven't truly accepted the fact that he is dead. My son is resourceful and powerful, but even then he could be outmatched. I don't want to think about it, but his body could be lying unforgotten on some unforgiving planet. I wonder if I will ever know what happened to him, but I'm beginning to doubt it.

Entry 123308

Poor Jobal; a horrible tragedy has befallen the Naberrie family. Her beloved daughter Padme has followed the Jedi, and is now dead. All of Naboo is mourning this loss, for she was well loved; the funeral is expected to be attended by many.

What makes this even worse is the fact that Padme died pregnant. As a mother, this makes my heart scream out in the agony of it. From what I've heard, she died before giving birth. It's strange we live in a highly advanced society, yet women still die in childbirth. The birth of a child is supposed to be a happy occasion, not noted with the death of both the mother and her child.

I wonder if the baby's father knows what happened to Padme; does he even care? The universe has become such an unforgiving place, that even I fear to know the answers. The galaxy today is not the one I knew as a child. Everything is going to change, and its it's not for the good. I just wish I didn't have to witness it.

Entry 123310

Today I attended the funeral for Padme Naberrie Amidala; it was very hard to endure. I stood on the side of the street as the procession bearing her went by. The look on Jobal's face was one of absolute grief and hopelessness. She walked with her husband Ruwee, her daughter Sola and Sola's husband and children.

I was very grateful that Ben was standing with me, offering his support. He knows how much this has affected me. He simply is the dearest man and the most loving husband I could have ever asked for. My husband held me close as we continued to watch the funeral procession, and then we saw the queen. Queen Apailana's face was painted so that it truly showed how she must be grieving. The whole planet of Naboo will feel the loss for many years to come.

Entry 123315

Today I had the most remarkable visit from Jobal that still has me in shock. When she came it was very lucky that I had my trusty recording rod in my pocket. Since I'm beginning to get more forgetful as I grow older, I've begun to carry the rod with me at all times. It helps me not forget the important things I need to do for the day. Well, as I was saying, Jobal visited me. This is what happened.

I was relaxing on my chair when I heard a knock on the door. I remember being very surprised to see Jobal, because I'm sure she still must be grieving for her daughter.

"Hello, Jobal, so good of you to visit," I said, embracing my friend.

"Rella, I have something to tell you," Jobal said, skipping the formalities.

"Yes?" I asked curiously.

"It's about Obi-Wan," Jobal stated.

I tucked Obi-Wan away, deep in my heart wher

18. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    omg :_| this is so sad! :(

i cant wait to read the next last part.. i hope she at least gets to see Obi Wan before she dies :_|

tnx a lot for the pm!

19. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    I'm glad for Jobal and Rella's friendship, to have someone to confide in about their children. I always wondered if Padme's family knew about the babies.:)

Poor Rella sick and dying at least Ben is there for her but he will be lost without her.:_|:_|

I will miss this story so much. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    =D==D==D==D==D=

20. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Veloz:omg this is so sad!

Yeah. :(

i cant wait to read the next last part.. i hope she at least gets to see Obi Wan before she dies

The conclusion is coming up very soon.

tnx a lot for the pm!

You're welcome! :D

Lea-El:I'm glad for Jobal and Rella's friendship, to have someone to confide in about their children. I always wondered if Padme's family knew about the babies.

I'm sure that Padme's family knew that she had died in childbirth, I'm just assuming they would also know about her children. Know of them, but not know about their fate.

Poor Rella sick and dying at least Ben is there for her but he will be lost without her.

Yes he will be. :(

I will miss this story so much. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thank you for reading it. [:D]

21. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    another fantastic update! and it sounds like the next part will come soon! the last part of the story, which i look forward to reading to see how things end but i also will miss reading updates for this too.
    i especially loved the bits talking bout rella's husband. the part that really got to me was his reaction at learning of her illness. his reaction and emotions were so realistic which added to the sadness of it. course, you always do a superb job with the many different emotions displayed in this!
    =D=

22. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    obi_webb:another fantastic update! and it sounds like the next part will come soon! the last part of the story, which i look forward to reading to see how things end but i also will miss reading updates for this too.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you've enjoyed my little story. :D The update is coming sooner than you think. ;)

i especially loved the bits talking bout rella's husband. the part that really got to me was his reaction at learning of her illness. his reaction and emotions were so realistic which added to the sadness of it. course, you always do a superb job with the many different emotions displayed in this!

Thank you very much! Ben is definitely not taking this very well :(

AN: Well I've FINALLY reached the last part of my little story about Obi-Wan's mom. I hope you all have enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it. I want to thank BrentusofGath for not only the beta, but for all the good advice. [:D]

The verse below in this chapter is taken from the song Held by Natalie Grant.

I wish to dedicate this in memory of my Great Grandmother, who lost the fight against cancer. @};- @};-

A Mother's Tale

Chapter 21: Part 2

Entry 123332

This will be my last entry. I?m now confined to my bed, since my energy is sapped even when I try to do simple things like dress my self. My family knows it won?t be long for me; they?ve made it a habit to visit me once a day now. Mak and Adira are still too young to fully understand what is happening to their grandma. It nearly broke my heart when they asked if I would take a walk for them, for I had no choice but to gently refuse the offer.

The worst part about dying has to be the knowledge that when you die you will inadvertently cause your loved ones to grieve for you. I would tell them to not shed any tears for me, but I know they would never listen. I can see the sympathy and sadness when they put on a brave face, I hate to make them suffer and cause them pain. My poor grandchildren probably will take it very hard.

My last entry, I never would?ve imagined it. I started this diary when I was a naïve twenty two year old who was about to have her first child. Now I?m a careworn sixty year old on the verge of passing away. During the almost thirty years I?ve kept this journal, it has become a sort of friend to me. This datapad is the only place I reveal the deepest secrets, worries and fears of my heart along with expressing the most joyful moments of my existence.

It seems only yesterday when I started this, on the very day that I discovered I was pregnant with Obi-Wan. It?s amazing at how fast time flies. Looking through to my earlier entries, I see how I?ve transformed from a young girl into a woman. I wasn?t destined for great power or wealth in my life, but I lived the way I wanted to.

As I lie on the bed I?m going to die on, I think about my legacy. My oldest son is a Jedi, and I have no doubt he?ll continue to live as one. Through him he saved and help numerous people, out of pure compassion to do good for anyone needing it. I can?t possibly forget the day I gave birth to him, nor the one when he was taken out of my arms by a friendly Jedi Master. I know that it was right, and I?ve always been proud of his accomplishments.

My youngest son Owen has also made me very proud of him. It?s true that his independent pride caused Ben and I to worry about him when he was a youth. It?s also true that he is now a loving husband and father. He has grown into a much wiser man through his days of fighting in the Frenton Civil War, and I love him dearly. His wife and children are an absolute delight, I miss them already.

And my dear husband Ben, I?m saddened to know that I will soon leave him. He?s always be

23. obi_webb

Aug 4, 2005
    you're right that was sooner then i thought!:D
    that was the perfect ending to an incredible story. you manage to fit more emotion in your posts then any writer i know of! you did a truly beautiful job the entire story.
    this is a story that adds so much to the star wars saga for me because as far as i'm concerned this is exactly what happened with obi's mother! it's always something i've wondered about, and for me i finally have my answers!
    thank you so much for this story! it's been a pleasure reading it!
    [:D]

24. Veloz

Aug 30, 2004
    :_|

That ending was sooo beautiful!. u seriously had me getting all teary eyed there [face_blush]

This was a fantastic story, and so very touching!.. i've enjoyed so much reading it, and i hope u keep on writting because ur very good at it.

Also, if u ever decide to write more fanfics, feel free to keep me in mind for pm's cause i'd love to read anything else u write!

=D=

[face_peace]

25. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    :_|:_|:_|:_|:_|
    That was beautifully written.

Poor Obi all his worries and Mother dying too. I am glad Ben found her diary and found comfort in her memories. I loved she had her family with her til the end and Ben was so sweet.

This was a pleasure to read and I look forward to you other works.
    =D==D==D==D==D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.