main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Mother's Tale- Obi-Wan's mother tells her story. Now COMPLETE 4-7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    obi_webb:you're right that was sooner then i thought!

Hehe, yup!

that was the perfect ending to an incredible story. you manage to fit more emotion in your posts then any writer i know of!

Aww, thank you very much.

you did a truly beautiful job the entire story.
    this is a story that adds so much to the star wars saga for me because as far as i'm concerned this is exactly what happened with obi's mother! it's always something i've wondered about, and for me i finally have my answers!

I wanted those questions about Obi's parents answered and that is why I embarked on this story. It's not cannon and never will be, but I like to pretend that this story actually happened.

thank you so much for this story! it's been a pleasure reading it!

You're very welcome, and thank you so much for your wonderful reviews!

Veloz:That ending was sooo beautiful!. u seriously had me getting all teary eyed there

It had me tear eyed to write it too. I'm glad you liked it.

This was a fantastic story, and so very touching!.. i've enjoyed so much reading it, and i hope u keep on writting because ur very good at it.

Thank you, and don't worry I'm not ever going to stop writing.

Also, if u ever decide to write more fanfics, feel free to keep me in mind for pm's cause i'd love to read anything else u write! ic story, and so very touching!..

Thank you, I would be happy to pm you any of my future stories. :)

Lea-El: That was beautifully written.

Aww, thanks! :)

Poor Obi all his worries and Mother dying too. I am glad Ben found her diary and found comfort in her memories. I loved she had her family with her til the end and Ben was so sweet.

I really wanted Obi-Wan to somehow read the diary at first, but then (with some help), the idea to have Ben find the diary in the end was much better.

This was a pleasure to read and I look forward to you other works.

Thank you!! [:D]

2. PadawanKaterina

PadawanKaterina Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2005
    :_| Oh, that was such a good ending...very sad, but wonderful.

You truly have a way with words. You can communicate the depths of Obi-Wan and Ben's sorrow yet clearly portray Rela's joy at knowing her son is alive. It's amazing.

It's been a privilege reading, and I will miss this story. [face_peace]

3. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    PadawanKaterina:Oh, that was such a good ending...very sad, but wonderful.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

You truly have a way with words. You can communicate the depths of Obi-Wan and Ben's sorrow yet clearly portray Rela's joy at knowing her son is alive. It's amazing.

Thank you so very much. [:D]

It's been a privilege reading, and I will miss this story.

I know I'm already missing writing it, it was a joy to write. Thank you!

4. rabideuphonium

rabideuphonium Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    'Lo master!

I'm in the process of reading all your fics (or at least the ones I can find) and re-reading some of them too. :) Learn by example, heh?

I must say that I love this fic. When I first looked at it I was slightly skeptical. After all, how much can you write about Obi's mum? Unless it's another "Obi's parents want him back" fic or "Obi's parents are actually Jedi" fics. However interesting these are, they don't quite have the same down-to-Coruscant-iness about them that this one does. Rella and Ben are two normal people here. They aren't Sith in disguise, they're just regular humans with a famous son. Intriguing when you compare it to what the parents of modern-day celebrities might feel. Of course, they didn't have to sacrifice the raising of their children, and could still keep in contact with them, but it's still fun to think about. The bit where Rella couldn't go into the market without someone recognizing her last name especially tickled me.

The story, of course, brings up the old debate about Jedi attatchments outside of the Order. Of course, the Jedi couldn't show preference to their family members in crises, but didn't Obi demonstrate that he could still care for his family (with a glance and a smile) without interfering with his work? And he didn't exactly drop his cover and run to his mother's deathbed, risking the fate of the galaxy. I think your portrayal of his ways of dealing with attatchments is completely believable.

Oh well, I feel like I learned something today, at least. I'll be visiting the rest of your stories soon!

*bows*

Thanks master!

-Your padawan
    (oh that's so fun to write!)

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Bringing up our story of the month! :D

6. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    The end made me cried. I loved it.