main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A much needed talk (Obidala!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hananiah, Feb 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Title: A much-needed talk.
    Summary: Anakin and Padme finally sit down and talk out their problems (is an Obidala)
    Rating: U
    Timeframe: Episode 3

Notes: Nope I haven't been converted to Obidala but my friend Theresa who is an Obidala has challanged me to write an obidala while she writes a Sabewan so here it is. I hate Obidala's that demonize Anakin so here they are breaking it off in a mature way. Leaving the way free for Anakin to be paired off with someone more suitable!

They sat. Two figures, emblazoned against the fire. Padme twined her fingers together, unwilling to begin, wanting to turn and run.
    The man beside her seemed so lonely and sad and Padme felt her heart clench. She had never meant to hurt Anakin, in her heart she truly loved him, but it wasn't *love* the all-consuming love that she felt for Obi Wan.

"Padme, I have to tell you something"

"Ani, there's something" they both trailed off, staring at the other intently. Anakin cleared his throat almost on reflex they grinned at each other.
    Gallantly he gestured for her to go first. Wriggling on her stool Padme found a spot where she was most comfortable and began.

"Anakin, you know that you're really important to me, with you I can feel young and free and not inhabited at all, but I'm not..."

"Happy" the young Jedi finished. She looked down at her, almost sheepishly. "Padme marrying you felt the right thing in the world, at that moment, but now-"

"It's not"

Again the silence, Padme tried to understand, the conversation she had been dreading wasn't that bad, she and Anakin were on the same page.

The tension was beginning to lift; it felt so good to be able to speak out at, to name what she wanted without fear. Anakin was truly a wonderful person.

Anakin stood, his eyes bright. "I can't regret the time we had together, but I also know that I am not the man to make you happy. And I want you to be happy Padme, more then anything." He shrugged. "I want Master Obi Wan to be happy too"

They stood together; two people who had been thrown together, in a whirlwind romance had grown up. The story was over.

Padme wiped tears from her eyes, not knowing whether they were tears of happiness or of sadness.

"I wasn't lying when I said you were special Anakin, one day you'll find someone who can love you"

The old cocky smile was back and his bright blue eyes twinkled at her. "Oh I Know"

Giggling Padme playfully smacked him in the chest. Anakin grew serious causing Padme to straighten.

She wrapped her arms around him, "Promise me we'll always be best friends" she heard him promise, and then pulling back she pulled on his new long hair, smiling at him through her tears.

"You go and find some female Jedi that will share your adventures,? she advised, giving him a sisterly stare but Anakin was still serious.

"Padme you need to talk to Obi Wan, he doesn't know how you feel"

The heaviness Padme had put at bay came back, and she felt her features fall into a scowl. "It's not that easy Anakin"

Anakin shrugged his lean shoulders, in a gesture of innocence.

"Make it that simple, Padme, Obi Wan deserves to know, he moves out tomorrow, it would strengthen him if he knew."

The Jedi pressed his hand into her shoulder then left. Feeling more alone and sadder and more hysterically happy then she had in her whole life Padme walked to the balcony.

Things between her and Anakin were all right. That was a gift she never wanted to loose but could she really risk her heart and tell Obi Wan how she felt?

Would he care? The kisses they had shared had been hidden and chaste, She didn't know whether or not his feelings were as deep as hers. She looked to the sky, which was beginning to light with the coming dawn. Suddenly anxiety gripped her and the senator turned on her heel and sprinted through the palace, sending silent prayers to every God she knew.

She came to a rather spectacular halt beside Obi Wan; the Jedi

2. SITH_LORD_MARIANA

SITH_LORD_MARIANA Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2004
    Good story, because I'll admit it I'm an obidala and sabewan fan. [face_blush]

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    for your first obidala viggie, Han, it was wonderfully written.

~aeryn

4. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    GREAT JOB, HANANIAH!

5. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    THIS WAS SO SWEET! AND I'M GLAD THIS ISN'T LIKE OTHER OBIDALA STORIES WHERE ANI TRIES TO HURT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.