main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Myriad of Possibilities- L/M Drabbles for the UDC2- *Complete* 2/24/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Myriad_Daydreams, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Oh Myriad those were so wonderful!!![face_love] I loved what you did with this week, (as I love every week) ;)
    Rhythm

Humming was a habit Luke had acquired. From where, Mara could not fathom. He whistled an idle tune while punching in hyperdrive coordinates, and tapped a rhythm with his fingers on the counter while waiting for his favorite meal to cool down. At times even his laughter carried a joyous rhythm Mara found hard to resist.

Beneath the skin of his broad chest his heart beat softly, unfailing and constant. Nothing was quite so soothing in the galaxy, for Mara was one for simple pleasures.

Ironic that a farmboy from a backwater planet would have a little known affinity for music.

Hard to pick a very favorite but if I had to, I think this would be it. [face_love] Loved them all though!
    Fantastic job! SQUGGLES!![:D]
    =D==D==D==D=

2. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    girl, those were incredible!!!! And with a happy ending too..marvelous!!!!! I wub wub wub them....just like I wub wub wub you!!!

I especially liked the fourth one....:p ;) Always kissing....ohhh yah baby!

Huggles forever!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I fell behind [face_blush] but just got caught up and I must say that I'm very impressed with the range of characters and emotions you portray. Excellent work! =D=

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Very creative!=D==D=

I love the touch of AU and the reach into the far future at the end. Really, Myriad, these are quite special.

Excellent work!:D

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Myriad that was off the chain poetic, subtle, exquisite! I adored each word but Melody and Symphony were particularly touching. SQUGGLES!!! Diva has always had reason to be proud but now along with the rest of us, she can feel blessed as well. SQUGGLES!!!!!!! Always. :)

6. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    dancing_star: Thank you, star! [:D] The idea of a musical farmboy is so appealing... [face_laugh]

Irish_Jedi_Jade: I wub wub wub you too! [face_love] I must admit, it is nice to write happy endings :) (well, most of the time... [face_devil]) LOL

Jedi Trace: No problem on falling behind, glad you could stop by! Thank you for the compliment [face_blush]

divapilot: Thank you so much, I absolutely love the far-future drabble! Thanks for your encouragement :D

Jade_eyes: SQUGGLES! Thanks thanks thanks! :* Your review made my day! :D Thanks for reading

*PM list (as always) is: diva, Irish, and star

More drabbles up soon, hopefully! ;)

7. Myriad_Daydreams

Jun 22, 2007
    *Glances back at past 4 Weeks*

I've written nothing but happy, fluffy, romantic L/M drabbles for the past 4 WEEKS!? :eek: I am utterly and completely disgusted with myself [face_not_talking]:p

I am sincerely sorry to all my readers, I will bring you lots of action and angst right away! [face_devil]:D *evil laughter*

A/N: This week's drabbles take place over both Saga and Beyond, and are not chronological

[u][i]Week Sixteen Theme: Weapons[/u][/i]

[b]Lightsaber[/b]

Ben held out the hilt of his mother?s lightsaber so that the silver could glimmer in the sunlight, every smudge illuminated.

Drawing on the Force, as he did so rarely these days, Ben concentrated on the piece of metal before him. Beads of sweat began to form after minutes of intense concentration.

In an instant, a wide array of images and emotions flashed past his vision. Rapid blasterfire, sparring matches, and the slight tang of sweat from damp palms assaulted his senses.

This lightsaber had captured the memories of three generations already. How many more would it live to see?

[b]Blaster[/b]

Shots rang out in the halls of the Imperial ship. The ship?s name evaded him, but they were all the same to Han. Same white-clothed clone troopers, same stiff, uniformed officers, and the same cloud of darkness hung over each and every one.

Solo shot again, and another trooper stumbled to the floor with a grunt.

[i]I?ve been on enough Imperial ships to know their similarities?![/i] he thought grimly to himself.

Kriff the old man and the farm kid. Han couldn?t believe himself for saying this but? all these stormies made him wish he were back shipping spice for Jabba again.

[b]Vibroblade[/b]

[i]YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER![/i]

Mara cried out in anguish as remnants of her dream continued to echo in her head. Soaked in sweat and breathing rapidly, she threw the sheets off and rose out of bed.

Glancing around the moonlit room, she reached for a vibroblade lying nearby.

The hilt of the weapon was smooth under her callused fingers, and the Force tingled in anticipation. Lingering hatred resonated clear in her mind, and in a sudden rage she hurled the blade at the wall.

It stuck out, quivering slightly, and Mara exhaled deeply. She would not kill Skywalker.

She couldn?t.

[b]Bowcaster[/b]

Leia sighed as she viewed the growing pile of clothes accumulating on the floor. Han had always poked fun at her for occupying more closet space, and that the concept of ?shared living space? never sunk in, but she never listened.

As the pile rose ominously higher, Leia conceded he was correct.

Hardly daring to look at Han?s side of the closet for fear of finding yet another ancient shirt, something caught her eye.

She blinked.

Chewie?s bowcaster.

Tears prickled at her eyelids. Han told her it was lost when Sernpidal fell. Yet here it was, clear as day.

[b]Thermal Detonator[/b]

Ben's hands trembled uncontrollably over the button panel. The power to solve all the problems in the galaxy lay at the fingers of the cousin of the man who started it all.

Glancing once more at the camera directed at the common room of Jacen?s apartment, where Luke and Darth Caedus engaged in a heated saber battle, he held his breath.

His finger pressed down, and the entire apartment complex apartment blew into ashes.

Both dead.

?I?m sorry dad,? Ben rasped. ?I had to. I needed to kill Caedus. The galaxy is safe now..."

He couldn't stop the hot tears that streamed down his face.

8. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Jul 19, 2007
    FIRST!!!

EDIT: heheh....Oohhhh Myriad!! How could you do that to me?!?!?!?!?!?!? :_| Those were incredible...the humor interspersed was priceless!!! But the last one....HOW COULD YOU!?!?!?!??!?!?

:_| :_| :_|

*sob* *snif* *WAHHH!!!!*

Still, those were incredible!!! You're so awesome....and SOOOOO far ahead of me!!! I have to go work on drabbles....lyk RIGHT NOW! :D WHo cares I should be working on real life stufff......that's boring. ;) But girl, you shouldn't be ashamed for doing mushy happiness! That's what makes the world go 'round, girl!

[face_good_luck] Irish

9. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Ok, slacking again.

Week 15

Excellent metaphors all around. In Rhythm, Luke probably got his affinity for music by creating his own after avoiding that band in the Mos Eisley cantina and PLAYING THE SAME TUNE EVERYDAY!!!
    Symphony took me for a loop. That was creative. And expecting now some composer to come up with The Skywalker Suite. [Paging John Williams!]

Week 16

I bet Anakin had no clue that his last lightsaber he made when he was himself would last so long and go through so much. I myself have noted something similar to this in my work.

Nice little memory of Han's while shooting away on the Death Star. Little did he know then that if he had been back with Jabba shipping spice how empty his life would have been in comparison.

Wondering the timeframe of Vibroblade. Excellent view of Mara's transition out of her mindset she was trained with.

After seeing the title, I figured Chewie would enter into it some way. After reading a bit I didn't think it would, and then BAM! Waterworks!

Did I misread the last one? He already lost one parent to this monster so he kills the other parent along with the monster? "I enter the plea of Temporary Insanity, your Honor."

Excellent as always!

10. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    Wonderfully vivid. I liked the idea in "Lightsaber" that somehow all three generations's images were transferred with the item. That it somehow held something of Anakin, Luke & Mara, and now Ben within it.

"Bowcaster" was touching. "Vibroblade" was intense, as it should be!

But that last one. [face_worried] Ben will do what he needs to in order to save the greater good. So much like his namesake...:_|

Great job!=D= =D=

11. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Thermal Detonator

Ben's hands trembled uncontrollably over the button panel. The power to solve all the problems in the galaxy lay at the fingers of the cousin of the man who started it all.

Glancing once more at the camera directed at the common room of Jacen?s apartment, where Luke and Darth Caedus engaged in a heated saber battle, he held his breath.

His finger pressed down, and the entire apartment complex apartment blew into ashes.

Both dead.

?I?m sorry dad,? Ben rasped. ?I had to. I needed to kill Caedus. The galaxy is safe now..."

He couldn't stop the hot tears that streamed down his face.

:eek: :_|:_| No!!!! :_| Luke!!!

Stunning update, Myriad! Excellent as always!:) You're wonderful, even though that last one just about broke my heart!:_|

Awesome job! Hugs!![:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

12. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Wonderful! =D= I love the full range of emotions your writing expresses. I seem to have trouble keeping up, so if you have a PM list would you please add me to it?

Favorite line:"This lightsaber had captured the memories of three generations already. How many more would it live to see?"

Great line! So creative and intense. Your personification of the lightsaber really touched me here.

Bravo! =D=

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wowed and floored by each drabble--but Lightsaber Bowcaster and Thermal Detonator really were grabbers. =D= The first because it probably wasn't the first time that happened :( The second because wow!!! Couldn't bear to part with that last reminder :_| The last because --Bravo!!! Cadeus was taken out =D= Tragic that Luke had to go too... but it was a sitch where Ben couldn't take the chance. :(

And the last four weeks of drabbles--no apologies needed LOL I was really getting a thrill out of all that mush!!! :D

14. Myriad_Daydreams

Jun 22, 2007
    Irish: Awww, sorry for making you cry! :( You know how angsty my muse likes to be! [face_laugh] Thank you so much for your kind words, and now YOU are ahead of ME!!! Arg!!! :p Watch out, I'll catch up soon! [face_devil]

madman: Wow, thanks for such a long review! :) I was thinking Vibroblade was sometime during TTT... and yup, you're right about Thermal Detonator *evil cackle* Both of them dead as a doornail... poor Ben :( Thanks for reading!

diva: Why thank you! [:D] Ah, the pressure of being a Skywalker :_| Glad you liked these!

star: Awww thank you! Sorry for making it so sad, but hey c'est la vie! ;) Huggles to you for being so kind! :*

JP: Thank you so much! [face_blush] I'd be happy to add you to the PM list :) Glad your enjoying these!

Jade_eyes: Awww Je you're too kind! [:D] Hugs to you for such a warmandfuzzy review! [face_love] I'm glad you liked these, and of course I knew YOU wouldn't have a problem with 4 weeks of L/M mush :p

*PM's to be sent to divapilot, Irish_Jedi_Jade, dancing_star, and Jade_Pilot

Well, truth be known, I don't have the next week's drabbles ready yet [face_blush] I figure if I do replies I'll have to have the next update soon Besides, I have to catch up to Irish!!! :D Thank you for your kind reviews everyone, they really mean a lot to me [:D]

15. Myriad_Daydreams

Jun 22, 2007
    Finally! Week 17 is here! :D Angst, glorious angst! [face_devil] (Thanks to Irish for her suggestion/help... I'm catching up to you!)

This week is a far AU, a slice of possibility if The Last Command had gone differently....

[i][u]Week Seventeen Theme: Command Executed[/i][/u]

[b]Black[/b]

A pair of lifeless eyes stared eerily out at Mara from the face of Luke Skywalker. Once vibrant and trusting, the spark of existence was absent.

Mara glanced down at the sleek black weapon, the end still smoked lightly in the aftermath of shooting. The victim in front of her twitched once more as the Force subsided into gentle ripples once more.

The Last Command had been fulfilled.

Skywalker?s hand lay limp in his lap, outstretched mere moments ago. He told her he was not afraid of death.

She did not believe him, and fired the shot.

She believed him now.

[b]Blond[/b]

His funeral was an event Mara did not bother considering. No one knew she had killed him, but it still felt wrong. Some other poor soul had been convicted and condemned.

Luke would not have wanted another life to be taken, and Mara knew that. But he wasn?t here to tell her what was right and wrong anymore, a grateful escape.

She flicked on the holo nonchalantly and was greeted by news broadcast image of a farmboy with closed eyes and a mess of blond hair laid out on a funeral pyre, and fighting back tears became exquisite torture.

[b]Red[/b]

Thunder cracked moments after lightning illuminated the sky in a blue flash. Rain began to fall in large drops onto the rough duracrete, turning Mara?s once red hair into a matted brown mess.

She stumbled slightly, gripping a nearby trash compactor for balance. At first a few drinks seemed like the perfect solution to the constant pain, but hours later Mara realized quite the opposite.

Her stomach heaved, and the ground swam before her eyes.

Why the pain? Why must she be made to suffer these memories? Mara had executed the Last Command.

Then why did the memories follow her everywhere?

[b]Brown[/b]

Sweat beaded on her forehead and gathered in her palms. The blaster felt cool in comparison. She trembled? was this the only way? There had to be another way, another route? but the future looked bleak. No escaping the memories, countless murders, the look on Luke?s face before?

She involuntarily shuddered. She loaded the tan blaster, bringing it up slowly. What would death feel like? Numb perhaps? That would be a welcome feeling.

Her eyes closed, and suddenly a voice drifted into her ear. One that she thought would never be heard again.
    [i]
    Stand firm, Mara.
    [/i]
    It was Skywalker.

[b]Bald[/b]

A cool breeze flitted past her nose, carrying with it the scent of evening air. The apartment balcony was the perfect viewing place for the sunset.

?Are you coming to bed, love?? a voice sounded from behind, and Mara smiled fondly.

?In a minute, Adair,? she called out to the form of her newlywed husband.

Turning back, she breathed deeply for the first time in years. To think she came so close to losing any chance for happiness by foolishly taking her life?

?Thank you,? she said softly to the bald, barren lands below. ?Thank you Luke, for saving me. For giving me the chance to live.?

16. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Jul 19, 2007
    *WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!*

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Girl those were HORRIBLE!!! I mean...well, you know what I mean. They were so tough to read but so well-written!! Wowwwwwww......You are such an amazing authoress!!! You're totally amazing girl, as the last weeks of lovely mush prove, then you BAM! transition to this angsty torture!! *bows to awesome talent* You're fantabulous! Don't ever let me hear you knock ur amazing drabble-writing ability again!!! Cause its a big fat ugly LIE!!! [face_shame_on_you]

GASP!! you know what this means?! We're both tied!!! You could beat me again!!!! NOOO!!! :eek: *runs off to work on drabbles*

HUGGLES to the best writer ever!!!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

17. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    o_O So......what kind of week have YOU been having???

Yes, yes, the writing is exquisite, but dang, girl! I have half a mind to pull up to your place in a big RV and cart you off to Disney World! [face_laugh] Of course I guess we'd have to pick up the rest of the group, too!

Well done...sigh. =D=

18. divapilot

Nov 30, 2005
    I love how the act that she did so cavalierly came back to haunt her tenfold in guilt.

Then why did the memories follow her everywhere?

Because what you did was wrong, wrong, wrong and you KNOW IT!:_|

I love how Luke helped her find happiness again. Even though she killed him, he still redeemed her.

Wonderful! Angsty, yes, but wonderful!=D= =D=

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wowsers Myriad. How can someone so warm and .... you know how to write angst so well ;) I hope as JP says it's not a reflection of your bad week LOL!!! Hugs!!

20. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Blond

His funeral was an event Mara did not bother considering. No one knew she had killed him, but it still felt wrong. Some other poor soul had been convicted and condemned.

Luke would not have wanted another life to be taken, and Mara knew that. But he wasn?t here to tell her what was right and wrong anymore, a grateful escape.

She flicked on the holo nonchalantly and was greeted by news broadcast image of a farmboy with closed eyes and a mess of blond hair laid out on a funeral pyre, and fighting back tears became exquisite torture
    :_|:_|:_|:_| Oh my gosh!! There's not enough crying emoticons!! That was one of the most saddest things I've ever read!! Luke!!! :_|

You are truly talented, though.[:D] As heartbreaking as these were, they were fabulously done! @};- Awesome!! Bravo!
    =D= =D==D==D=

21. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Wow! What a turn of events! And to think that even if Mara had fulfilled her "last command", Luke Skywalker would still be her savior even after death.
    Awkward, but profound concept! =D=

22. Myriad_Daydreams

Jun 22, 2007
    I apologize if this past week's drabbles upset anyone, I realize they were quite dripping with angst [face_blush] I'm perfectly cheerful, it's the muse that's the evil one ;)

Irish: Wow girl, thank you so much! :) I'm blushing at all your kind words!!! [face_blush] I'm glad you enjoyed them, even if they were evily angsty... and thank you for suggesting the name!! :D Didn't expect that did you? o_O

JP: [face_laugh] Don't worry about me, I'm fine! :) Though a trip to Disney doesn't sound too bad... :p We'd definitely have to pick up Irish and diva along the way! [face_laugh]

diva: It's peculiar, but I love the idea of Luke helping Mara, even in death [face_love] Glad you liked, even if they were angsty angsty!

J_e: Considering I'm usually bubly and friendly, I have no idea why I like to write angst! [face_laugh] Thanks for reading!

star: Thank you thank you! [face_dancing] You're way too kind [face_blush]

madman: Thanks! ;) I think Luke would do whatever he could to save her [face_love]

*PM list: diva, Irish, star, and JP

23. Myriad_Daydreams

Jun 22, 2007
    Something a little different this week... Jaina! :D I'm not much of a Jaina fan, and I'm terrible at characterization with her, but she can be loads of fun to write. Especially J/J [face_love] This week's drabbles take place during the NJO-- hope you enjoy! [:D]

[i][u]Week Eighteen Theme: Conflict in Mind[/i][/u]

[b]Coruscant[/b]

There was no going back. Not now.

What was once a thriving center for society, politics, Jedi, and the most advanced technology in the galaxy, was now a pit of Vong overgrowth and decay. There was no point in even calling it Coruscant anymore.

It was silly, really. Her childhood had never allowed for Jaina to truly call any one place ?home?. Coruscant was just one of many places she had lived in.

As she glanced down at an old photo, stubborn tears burned in her eyes. For some reason, it was still painful to think of it as? [i]gone.[/i]

[b]Corellia[/b]

He was Corellian.

He was Chiss.

He was stubborn.

He was kind.

And he was also sleeping in her bunk, in the way of some much needed sleep.

As much as Jaina wanted to shove Jag out of her bunk without a second?s thought and collapse gladly onto the soft pillow, finally snatching some much needed sleep, it was impossible. With each breath he took, the start of a snore emitted softly from his parted lips. He looked so indescribably vulnerable laying there, that she couldn?t help but smile.

She could sleep later. For now, she simply watched him.

[b]Kashyyyk[/b]

Sword of the Jedi.

A strange title in the least. Why, swords hadn?t been used in centuries. Perhaps Uncle Luke had been referring to a lightsaber? A light-sword?

She tossed her saber between hands, refusing to admit fidgeting. Hours ago, standing on that brightly illuminated stage in front of her peers and superiors, a strange look had overcome Master Skywalker. Instead of simple encouragement or praise, as he had given the previous Knights, her Uncle addressed her as the ?Sword of the Jedi?.

Even now, as her fellow Knights departed for Kashyyyk, she still pondered the meaning of those words.

[i]Sword?[/i]

[b]Korriban[/b]

?Why Jag, why??

?What??

?Why are you being so stubborn??

?Oh, now [i]I?m[/i] being stubborn? I?m not the one refusing to talk about this.?

?Talk about what? There?s nothing to talk about.?

?Don?t say that Jaina. You know something?s bothering you.?

?Yeah Jag, something along the lines of a galaxy-wide WAR is bothering me!?

?You?re not listening to me.?

?What do you want to talk about? Sith Lords on Korriban? Hutts smuggling spice on Tatooine? Talk Jagged Fel, I?m listening!?

?Never mind. You won?t listen anyway. I don?t know you anymore.?

?Sad thing is? I don?t know me anymore, either.?

[b]Tatooine[/b]

It was finally over. The war was [i]over[/i]!

In a blur of frenzied embraces and words, Jaina finally extracted herself from the overzealous arms of her mother and father. She appreciated their concern, but she needed time, if only minutes, to herself.

Stepping outside the hangar she extended her hands to catch the full warmth of the sun?s rays. Freedom had never felt so real.

There would be more wars to come, as there always were. Her loved ones would never be invincible.

But for now, she drank in the joy like a glass of water in the parched sands of Tatooine.

24. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Jul 19, 2007
    Myriad! You beat me!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I really like that face...it looks like me right now loving the awesomeness of that last set!

:eek:

hehe...awesome drabbles girl! And you beat me again! :rolleyes: What am I going to do? I'll have to do something EXTRA mushy with these to get you back! :p Either ways....those were beautiful! You used the prompts really well, and I really like your Jaina-you did excellent! Great great job!

Plus, i'm FIRST!!!!!

hehehe....[face_laugh]

Love you!!
    [face_good_luck] Irish

25. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    ooooh...you should do J/J more often! I enjoyed this a great deal! Nice variation in the drabbles! :)

Well done! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.