main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A name for Anakin and Tahiri's child

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi_Alman, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I know that each person's story is unique, but I believe that most A/T stories should have at least some things in common.

For example, I know that Satine and myself are looking for names for Anakin and Tahiri's child, but cannot come up with anything.

If any writers already have a name, or can suggest one, I at least would like to hear it.

2. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Here are some of my ideas:

Female: Shmi (for Anakin's GGM)
    Lyric (for a mutual friend)
    Amie (roughly after Amidala)
    An original name

Male: Luke (after their mentor)
    Ikrit?(dunno about this one)
    An original name

Some original names (meanings from a baby book):

Female: Jyl (youthful)
    Adelaide (prosperous; happy)
    Nina (girl)
    Ilona (beautiful)
    Hope (hope)
    Leda (lady)
    Mabyl (lovable)
    Maida (maiden)
    Pryma (first child)
    Salome (peace)
    Rona (mighty power)
    Sophi (wisdom)
    Selima (peaceful)
    Tia (princess)
    Victoria (victory)
    Wynne (fair)
    Xanthe (golden yellow)
    Zahara (flower)
    Zoe (life)

Male: Alan (handsome)
    Alben (fair, blonde)
    Alex (helper of mankind)
    Allard (noble and brave)
    Alphonse (noble and eager)
    Alvin (beloved by all)
    Anson (of divine origin)
    Asher (happy, blessed)
    Aubrey (blonde ruler)
    Bowie (yellow-haired)
    Brian (strength, virtue)
    Bruno (brown-haired)
    Chaim (life)
    Cullen (handsome)
    Curran (hero)
    Ethan (firm)
    Evan (young warrior)
    Farrell (heroic)
    Fremont (guardian of freedome)
    Hale (hero)
    Haley (ingenious)
    Keefe (charished, handsome)
    Kyle (handsome)
    Lucius (bringer of light)
    Omar (first son)
    Prentice (apprentice)
    Quinlan (physically strong)
    Selig (blessed)
    Sloan (warrior)
    Waite (guard)

Thoughts? Ideas?

3. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    If you wanted to go with traditional 'name after family members' idea I think that Anakin would want to name a little girl Leia after his mom, or Luke after his uncle.

But for origionals:

Girl:
    Nova
    Nyree
    'N' names work well for this...

and for a boy:
    Liam
    Oran

My advice is to stay simple...

~~~Aanix

4. Jagged_Antilles_Fel

Jagged_Antilles_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    Maybe for male,Jacen
    For female,Leia or Jaina.

5. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    In my fic, Namesake, I named their small son Luke, to complete the circle: Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Anakin Solo, Luke Solo. :)

As for naming a daughter, Shmi, they would have no way of knowing that that was her name. They know nothing about the prequels.

6. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Well, I'm personally of the belief that all fics should be completely unique - names and all. If you want to make a character have the same name as a character in another fic, you should PM the author and ask them for permission, then give them credit. Beyond that, I don't really think fics should have to remain consistant as far as names go, since we are essentially creating our own version of the wonderful galaxy that George Lucas has told us so many stories about, but that's just my personal opinion.

7. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    I just thought that it would be fun to have a character orginal to the fanfic forums, but has the same name in all stories written about him/her. I understand if some don't want to have the character named the same as in another story. I just need to have a name, and thought I could use the same one that others are using.

8. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Anyway, I think I'm going to use a female child for my fic, and I'm leaning towards the name Ilona, meaning beautiful.

9. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    I think that's a pretty name for a girl. Can I borrow some of the ones that other people chose because I need some people to vote for mine?

A lot of the ones I were going to mention were already mentioned and I just realized that the other names were stupid.

10. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Okay, whatever name you choose, don't choose Earthly name (like Alan or Victoria). When I see Earthly names in fanfics (and even in books like The Thrawn Trilogy), it makes me cringe. Making up names is not THAT hard.

Using existing names (Luke, Han, Leia, Jaina, Jacen, Anakin). I wouldn't do that either. There already is one person who's named after someone else (Anakin Solo), and I think that's enough. In some fics an exception works, though (like in Mcily's "Namesake", because you see it from title and it's symbolic, the complete circle).

Naming their child Shmi or Amie (after Amidala) doesn't make sense either, since they have no knowledge of the past.

So I'd advise you to make up a name. You mentioned the name Ilona - it's nice, but it's too eathly. Try change it a bit - for example, "Ilonne", or something like that. See what I mean? :)

11. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Yeah, I see what you mean, and I agree. I just try not to make names too exotic, otherwise it detracts from the story more than it adds to it. I like Ilona because it sounds somewhat exotic (I'd never heard of it before), while still being Earthly. I may consider changing it a little though. Thanks for the thought. Perhaps we could get a list of the best names, and then take a poll?

EDIT: I just thought of this. The last main character I remember with an accent mark in the name was Padmé. Why not do a name with a bit of a Spanish accent, like Iloña (E-lone-ya). I kinda like the way that sounds.

12. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    It seems that Satine is the only one considering any of the names I posted, and no one else is discussing, so I guess I'm just going to use Iloña.

13. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    I'd better not tell my sister that name because I know she'll love it and claim it for whenever she has a baby 8-} and then the fic will never be the same! jk.

14. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    That would be cool.

Now if we could only find her a man to marry named Anakin...

EDIT: (Just didn't feel like making a new post for this comment) I just realized that I'm not going to need a name for a while. It would be to early in the fic I'm writing now. Maybe in the sequal...

*Braces self for mixed feedback*
    [face_plain]

15. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm upping this for anyone who is actually interested.

I've decided on using the name Ellona for A&T's daughter, and I'm using the accent thing for another original character.

Hope my list helps you in some way Satine.

16. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    How about Illonya...just my two cents

-jsd

17. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    when I rewrote my fic Calm Before the Storm I just called their kid Anakin... I don't think it could work in many other fics but it was fitting in mine.

18. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hmm... I like Salome... Nice name...

19. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    In my A/T trilogy, they named their daughter Cassa Doj'i Solo...Cassa because it was Tahiri's mother's name. (And it also means 'prophetess.' Doj'i was my Yuuzhan Vong word for 'dawn,' or 'sunrise.' (The title of the story that Cassa was born in was called 'When Comes the Dawn.' There were several reasons behind it.

20. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    In my story, Return to Grace, I had their son named Tryst. I believe it was the name of Tahiri's father. Ask Qwi. She gave me the idea. ;)

21. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    LOL, yes, Tryst was Tahiri's father. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.