main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Name from the Past; Vader vig between ANH and ESB. Reader replies 03/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sache8, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    A Name From the Past

The bridge of the Executor was a place feared by many, and for good reason.

Because I have made it so.

Lord Vader tightly clenched his fist at his side with pleasure. Fear was like a drug to him. He fed off it, used it to strengthen his power, to dominate the weak. The Executor?s crew made for ample sustenance. Here, he was master. Here, he had built his legacy.

But lately it did not seem to be enough.

Some might say it was unfortunate that Darth Vader was forced to wear a mask. But right now he was thankful for the anonymity it afforded him. He did not want anyone to even catch a glimpse of the thoughts running through his mind.

He had long lived under the shadow of his master. He had learned much about the Dark Side and the Sith. He had learned to trust his feelings, to feed off his emotions. For many years he had reveled in the glory and power it brought him, but now the elation had faded, leaving him hungry for more.

For over a thousand years the tradition of the Sith had been passed down. From master to apprentice. And it had always been to one apprentice, never more.

Now he understood why.

He had destroyed Tyranus to earn his place at his master?s side, eager to learn how to harness new heights of power. He had learned what was necessary, and?

Now he wanted to be the master.

There. He had finally let himself acknowledge the thought. He drew his Force shields tightly around him, wanting to hide it. Though, truth be told, it probably didn?t matter. Palpatine had not built an Empire by being a fool; doubtless, he expected such thoughts from Vader for years.

Tyranus had entertained such thoughts. Idly, Vader realized that it was probably for that reason that Palpatine had encouraged the Count?s downfall. Tyranus had been brought up to command, to lead. He had tasted the potent wine of power long before encountering the Sith. Tyranus had been a noble, a politician, a warrior-- Vader was only one of these things. It came as no surprise that his journey to this point had been so much longer.

But now he had reached it. So what would he do about it?

And if I was the master, who would be MY apprentice??

?Lord Vader,? said a curt voice at his elbow.

With slow deliberation, Vader turned to regard the young officer standing there. The man?s face was a perfectly chiseled sculpture of military discipline- impassive, betraying nothing. But beneath his calm exterior Vader could sense apprehension.

?Yes, Lieutenant??

?Milord,? the young man began, straightening himself and lifting his chin, ?I have assembled the reports you requested. I am sorry for the delay.?

?Then I trust you have not returned empty handed??

?No, milord.? The anxious Lieutenant extended his palm upward, displaying a small, discreet black datacard. ?What details I was able to discover,? he continued, ?are all contained in those files. There is not much, but then?you did not request much. Although it was very difficult to accomplish.?

?Yes, Lieutenant.?

He had wanted to learn the identity of the pilot who?d destroyed the Death Star. The pilot was strong in the Force, and thus a dangerous enemy to the Empire. The pilot had been strong in the Force--enough so that he could present a danger to the Empire--so Vader was interested in finding him, and destroying him quickly.

?Did you discover his name??

?Yes, milord. Skywalker. Luke Skywalker.?

If Vader had been grateful that his face was hidden behind a mask before, it was nothing to how grateful he was now.

?Skywalker?? he repeated. He knew his vocal modulator would make the word sound as ominous as everything else he said, but the word came out of his true mouth like a curse from the past. It had been a long, long time since he had said that word. It felt strange to say it now.

?Yes, milord,? the oblivious young Lieutenant said again.

?Good work, Lieutenant,? said Vader. ?You may go.?

The military, with the exception of th

2. ForbiddenAngel

ForbiddenAngel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    It's interesting. I like it soo far! Keep it up!

|Angel|

3. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Well done, I think you did a good job of getting into Vaders head.

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    You know I love it, Sache. Beautiful. :D

5. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Great work Sache. You write Vader very well. :)

J_J

6. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Wow, wow, wow! I'm truly impressed by your Vader characterization, Sache! There are few writers who can write Vader WELL, and I think you're among them. ;) :) Awesome job!

7. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Wonderful job! :D I agree with the others, you did a brilliant job getting inside Vader's head! :)

8. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    Wow. Thats fantastic. Just loved it!

9. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    It was really interesting how you portrayed Vader's lust for power. I really enjoyed this story.

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great writing there Sache8. You captured Vader perfectly. That's no easy task. ;)

11. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I tottaly agree with Sara, its like you captured Vader from the movies and put him unto the computer screen. Great job! You should make this into a longer story. :)

12. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    wonderful characterization Sache. :) I love reading your writing. :)

13. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Yay! A Vader fic! A Vader fic!

And it's really Vader. You've done a great job with this. I loved everything about it.

14. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    wow I like this you have Vader down perfectly too nice work keep it up

15. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Thanks everyone for reading. I was just conveniently moving my little Vader Vig to the pretty new boards and picked up lots more readership. I'm quite flattered. :)

ForbiddenAngel: I'm afraid that this was only a one-poster, but thanks for reading. If you want to read (sort of) more, I wrote another Vader Vig called "A Promise Fulfilled," for which there is a link in my bio. I'm probably going to be moving that one too, once DRL gives me half a minute to do it :p

crystalrain: Getting into Vader's head can be an unnerving experience. I thank you :)

Gabri: Thanks, Gabri. Nice to see you here... again ;)

Jedi_Johnson: Hey, long time no see pal. Glad you enjoyed. :)

Mar17: [face_blush] I don't try to penetrate Vader's mask often. He's a tough cookie to crack and it's absolutely exhausting! :p But thank you so much.

Monica_Skywalker: **bows** Thank-you. :) As I told the others, writing Vader is a somewhat unique experience from most of my other writing.

darla101: Gracias. I like your username by the way. :) Reminds me of the Little Rascals. I need to see that movie again, it's really cute... :p

red_rose_knight: Lust for power seems to be the only thing that motivates those Sith guys. Vader reflects a little more on this topic in my other Vader vig, "A Promise Fulfilled."

Sara_Kenobi: "You captured Vader perfectly. That's no easy task." Heh, you're telling me. Thanks. :D

Princess1: "...its like you captured Vader from the movies and put him unto the computer screen. Great job! You should make this into a longer story." Wow! That was some kind of nice compliment. :) I don't have any inspiration to make this a longer work, unfortunately.

RebelMom: Thanks. You're one of the most awesome readers ever! :D

geo3: Hehe! Happy to oblige you. If you like, you can try out my other Vader short too. **whispers** I actually like that one better of the two** ;)

JediFalcon: Thanks ever so much. :) The one post is all though, I'm afraid...

Thanks again, everyone! :)

16. Mystic_Ally

Mystic_Ally Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2003
    Great start! I meant to review earlier but my computer wouldn;t let me. I love this, you have Vader down perfectly, though I'm obviously not the only person who thinks so :)

UUPPP!!

17. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Heh heh.... Sorry I've been gone so long. [face_blush] I'll try and stick around this time.

J_J

18. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Wonderful vig! I love what you've done with Vader and I always wondered just how Vader would feel about that one key little piece of information... ;)

Nice insight on Kenobi, I really was impressed by that, and I'm sorry, but I burst out laughing at the "He knew it to be true" line. I guess Vader recycled his thoughts as a lecture on his son. ;)

Great great vig, very nice handling! :)

19. -LadyVader-

-LadyVader- Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2002
    Wow...I thought I was watching a new movie for a minute there! Excellent Job with Vader...I could actually see his mind ticking!

-LadyVader

20. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    That was great! The others have summed it up nicely, a great job at getting into Vader's head!

21. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    The little rascals? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a Buffy Character! My favourite, a real vicious ou know what!

Thats so depressing!

22. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Uppeth.

23. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Wow, this was a great vignette :) Nice to see an original take on 'how did Vader find out Luke was his son?'

24. Sache8

Mar 19, 2000
    Thanks much :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.