main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A name?

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey guys!
    I was thinking that when we become official, we want a cool name for ourselves. It's just one more thing we can start thinking about now. If you guys have any ideas, post 'em!
    I personally am partial to Jedi themes. For me, the Jedi are what make Star Wars.

2. DarthDion

DarthDion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Yea Jayna is right we should start thinking about a name but before we do that we need to start thinking about when and where are first meeting is going to take place !!!

3. MortWindu

MortWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    one step at a time, people want to make a name, want to have our first meeting... i think we should listen to Forja-Bingbey and check out the po6 photos from opening weekend and give our opinions and applauses, then go from there... i personally saw these costumes in person and they were grade A, very detailed and very good replicas from the movie. im going to look at all the pics from the costumes that i didnt get a chance to see...

4. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Well of course we need to think of a meeting time, but I personally can't do that until I get back in Florida. I just thought it would be fun to start tossing around ideas for a name. No harm in that, right?

5. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    What's in a name I ask you?

What Episode should we use our name from?

Daytona Beach....?

The Daytona Beach Blah blah blah!

The Blanks of Daytona Beach?!

Let's start tossing ideas around, cause I think its gonna take a while.

6. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I'm partial to Episode 5 personally, though sometimes Daytona beach feels more like Tatooine. We could be the Daytona Beach Jawa Siesta!

Utinni!

7. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Oh wow- the Tatooine reference is a great idea! I like the idea of incorporating our local surroundings with the name. The only problem with Tatooine is the fact that we are right along an ocean (hence the beach part of our city's name ;)). I don't think Tatooine had many oceans. Any other planets that remind you of dear old Daytona?

8. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Daytona Beach Lakeside Retreat Hommies of Naboo

9. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    HAHA, I'm with Forja on this one!

10. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    I'm partial to "Daytona Wastes" myself.
  11. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    lol, Forja! [face_laugh]

12. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Oh God, did I really write that last night. Well quite frankly waste is what comes to mind when I think of Daytona, but I don't think it would make for a good name. Maybe we should take a look at the different names that are out there already and that could give us a good idea of what we should shoot for?

To bad we couldn't work the different events around town into Star Wars names. You could have Pod Race Week, Speeder Bike Week, Dark Side Reunion.

No i'm not a racist. Just man of many talents, and I can twist ballons into animal shapes like monkey intestines, and sheeps leg.

13. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    A peek into my thought process....Daytona....Dagobah...Dagobah Beach...Daytonabah....Dagotona...Daytobah... Daytona...Sun, Sand...Sandtroopers...Suntroopers...Beachtroopers... Mos Daytona....and with the weather recently, the Daytona Moisture Farm. Sorry. Long day at work.
  14. Commander_Clone

May 26, 2002
    I wound't rely on any of the other fanforce names, at least in the southeast branch. They really...need some work. This is our chance to really stand out down here!

And if we can't be jawa's, then we should be tusken raiders! Raiders of the lost ark! Daytona raiders? Nevermind.

Jawa's have more fun anyway.

15. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I never really liked Jawas all that much. They creeped me out.

I like Forja's idea of integrating Star Wars into our local events, though. I went dirtbiking last weekend and I think I drove my family crazy when I refused to allow anyone to call the motorcycles anything but speederbikes. It's more fun that way!!

16. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    What, you don't think "Hothlanta Rebels" is a catchy name for my Atlanta FanForce chapter, Clone-Trooper? :p

I like Karma's thought process concerning your chapter name. Seems to be going in an interesting direction. But, as DarthDion pointed out, you guys need to meet before you can really get things rolling. There is no harm in starting a list of possible chapter names, however. :)

Whenever y'all do decide to meet, don't forget to send me the details. Keep me updated! :D

17. Commander_Clone

May 26, 2002
    Sorry Minacia_Brightstar, but I'm not sur Hoth and Atlanta have anything in common...especially this time of year.

But you gave me an idea..hoth means wampas!
    Think of random creatures from star wars for our name.

We could be the Daytona Beach Dianogas, or dewbacks, or Mynocks, Ewoks? (no)

If I can't be a jawa, then I want to be a wampa.

18. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Commander_Clone
    Your getting stuck in your metaphor.

Jayna
    Good for you

Monica
    Thank you for being the voice of reason.

And I don't want to belong to a chapter that is named after any small furry, slimey creature from the Star Wars cannon. I would rather gargle with broken glass.

Daytona is the "Birth Place Of Speed" so something along the lines of incorporating that into a name might be cool, otherwise I still say we sit down watch the movies and try to come up with ideas, and yes still look at the other chapters for what has worked for them.

19. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    To explain our name, just for the heck of it:

Atlanta is called Hotlanta on occasion. Thus, Hothlanta seemed rather clever, especially since Hoth is the exact opposite of our climate during the summer, at which time we often dream about cooler temperatures. ;)

Here's a suggestion, which you really do not need to do until you guys have completed at least two meetings. Make a list of everyone's chapter name suggestions, and then make a poll and let everyone vote. This is fair and it cuts down on disagreements. That is how we handled it.

20. Commander_Clone

May 26, 2002
    Ok, fine..no furry creatures today.

How about a reference to podracing? I don't know a whole lot about it, but one of us should be an podracing expert.

The daytona Podracers?

And don't diss Wampas. They are cool.

21. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    I think that we should start trowing ideas around again. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

22. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    This could be a good idea to talk about at our meeting on the 17th, it would give us a good amount of time to think and then discuss it. Untill then we could just toss around some ideas.

23. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    I've always liked my bro's joke of "Dagtonah." But that's just stupid.

24. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    I think that the name doesn't nescessarily have to be a play on words with the name of the city, it could just make a referance to Pod Racing, Speeders, etc. Look at the Spice Minners for instance. I like the whole Pod racing tie-in. George likes speed and racing, and we have a very famous race track in town.

We should next try and grab some web space and start a website. The banner could have something with Anakin and Sebulba's pods racing and the race flags whipping in the dry arid wind. Mighty cool, if you ask me.

What about the Bota Eve Beach Racers, or The Gambling Derilcs of Daytona, The Chance Cube Sell Outs, Sebulba's Neck Mussles, Pit Driod Players, "Ohh, that's gotta hurt." yucksters, Double Dip Triple Threat Thrusters, or just the Daytona Beach Pod Racers, or Daybonta Eve Beach Racers.

or just plan... ?

25. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    the Daytona Maul(s)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.