main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Narrow Path"; - new SW fanfilm in the making

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by TTH, Apr 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTH

TTH Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2001
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am pleased to announce that yet another fan made SW film hit the light of the internet: "A Narrow Path".

The project is based in Nuremberg, Germany, and is already developing since 3 years. We kept it quite secret because we all want to really make it happen and not publishing yet another 'announced but unfinished' fanfilm.

The plot of "A Narrow Path" is set before the Invasion of Naboo, in the middle of the Golden Age of the Republic. It's main character is a female Jedi apprentice being sent away from her master on a "probably quite boring journey" - which could end as her very last test and her very first threat. But until then she has to walk a narrow path...

Several scenes of the film are already shot, stills from the production you can see at the official website of the movie. The team consists of 7 people, one of them being Sandra Mosch from the SW fan site The Next Amidala.

If I now made you curious please feel free to look at our homepage of A Narrow Path and drop us a comment here or in our own forum. The homepage and the forum are all in English - as the movie itself will be.

A release date is not yet determined - but we'll do our very best to get it finished somewhen in 2004.

May the force be with you!

T.T.H. and the rest of the ANP crew

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    :eek:

WOW.

Just... WOW.

This one just shot up to darn near the top of my most-anticipated list.

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I second Adam on this one

4. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    As do I. Wow, this looks to be a quality fanfilm.

[EDIT] Wow, motioncontrol! How do you have such connections? Are you a film student? A real producer? What gives?!

5. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    wow. I simply love the website.
    the movie looks great as well. Nice presentation!

6. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Yeah, the site looks really excellent, and from what I can see, the flick will be too. Impressive sets, looks like.

But what I don't get is, why would they order a Jedi to Coruscant when the temple itself is located there? :confused:

7. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    If he was in seclusion, maybe?

Looks awesome... that's way up there. Maybe not at the top, but up there.

8. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Just out of curiousity...why is there """ on the title? Is it just me?

9. Antilles01

Antilles01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    i think it might be messed up mark-up codes.

like Tydirium, this is one to look forward to!

10. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    I think its some characters messing up....that happens sometimes when I preview my post....like the weird characters like: ?, ¿, é, etc.

I hope that made sense. :)

11. JediLegOBlock

JediLegOBlock Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    Episode-X has latched onto this one and has done a small promo on it. I got the link from them.

Looks fantastic!

12. Nath

Nath Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2002
    Looks interesting.

13. unclepain

unclepain Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2002
    Actually, I found this little gem on their site-

quote-"Already in the early planning of "A Narrow Path" Matthias "T.T.H." Grobe started to develop an application especialy focusing on the rotoscoping of CGI effects in scenes with swordfights (lightsaber as medieval).

It tries to automize the many reoccuring tasks of rotoscoping, to maximize flexibility (at the end of rotoscoping you just can change the color of your blade within the whole sequence with just some mouse clicks) and to minimize the manual effort per frame.

Yet this application is far from being complete but the "proof of concept" is already given. It is a Windows application and works with AVI videos and "image strips" (e.x. BMP images)."

OK- does this interest any one else besides me?

14. panicstruckpro

panicstruckpro Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I am with you guys. This "Narrow Path" production looks very impressive, and I love their website design. Stunning and very pro look. Some great work being done on this project, and looking forward to seeing it! Keep up the good work guys and let us know more as you go along... on the top list for me to see!

15. yikes

yikes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Wow. You guys are no joke! Thats a pretty hardchore project you've got going their. I cant wait to see your finished product!!!

16. anp_com

anp_com Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2003
    Hiya everybody,

this is the "art director" and webmiss of "Narrow Path" joing in. I know T.T.H must be quite busy with other things, so I will try to answer some questions in the meantime.

First I'd like to thank you all for your kind reception of our little movie. ;-)

Now for some questions:

1. "Wow, motioncontrol! How do you have such connections? Are you a film student? A real producer? What gives?! " -Silverfox

Yep, we have the connections! We are no film students and no real producers, it just happened that our visual effects guy has a smaller motioncontrol downstairs and that he knows the right people! ;-)
    That's definitely a plus.

2. "But what I don't get is, why would they order a Jedi to Coruscant when the temple itself is located there?"
    Ryan_W

That has something to do with our backstory regarding the Jedi Master. So, yeah that Jedi Master lives in seclusion as DarthArjuna has pointed out!
    ;o)

That's it for the moment, guys.
    Oh, ya, we have made some excellent progress with our real models, just check the website later the day for pics.

Cheers!

17. anp_com

anp_com Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2003
    Hiya once again,

Just thought I mention to you guys the latest images of our model making session today.

We have applied the paint as well as more lights to the industrial district of our spaceport surroundings....

You can find the new images here:

ANP Model

(Please hit the "Models" button to access the subsection)

Is any one else here trying to build real models instead of CG (doing it the old fashioned way)?
    ;o)

18. yikes

yikes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    WOW! Nice models! I have always prefered moves that use miniatures over movies that use CG (take Lord of the rings for and example).

OUTSTANDING WORK!

19. anp_com

anp_com Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2003
    oopsie,
    forgot to mention that our special effect supervisor told me that this model is a background model only, like a 3D mattpainting if you like!

So, the film camera is never that close on the buildings as in those making of photos!

;o)

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.