Saga A Necessary Deception...AU/Romantic Intrigue...A/P...Completed 06/25/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kelia-Lily, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. G__Anakin Jedi Master

star 4
    Great job!

Bad Papitine.
  2. FitJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ohh more more more more more.. I must know what happens next!! I do hope Anakin can get to her in time before Sids does something quite drastic. I also hope that Anakin understand what Padme was doing the whole time and doesn't get angry with her. Here's to hoping for the best and waiting anxiously.
  3. Lea-El Force Ghost

star 4
    Three evil cliffys in a row. Wow! You are mean.

I got behind but now I'm caught up but still in the middle of a cliffy. Humm!

It is definitely getting exciting. You did say you were going to a twice a week posting didn't you.[face_whistling]

Oh, Well. I guess I can wait.

Good work
    =D==D==D==D=

I didn't give you five because you made me wait till Monday. [face_shame_on_you]

4. AnakinLuver Jedi Master

star 4
  5. ObiWans_Gurl86 Jedi Knight

star 1
    OH my Gosh!! Oh my Gosh!! The cliffy is soo evil!!
    Excellent chapter I can't wait to see what happens next, your really good at keeping my attention, Good Job!!
  6. Kelia-Lily Jedi Knight

star 1
    A/N - and DRL strikes again. Individual replies will be up...eventually

Chapter 40

With Sly?s shrill howls of rage ringing in her ears, Mon Mothma grabbed the woman?s wrists, pulling at them with all her strength. Anakin whirled around in horror, making a desperate reach for Sly as the two women slammed into the balustrade.

Sly bent Mon Mothma over the side, evil determination filling her colorless eyes. In desperation, Mon Mothma released Sly?s wrists, digging her nails into the side of Sly?s face.

Sly shrieked in furry, momentarily releasing her hold. Mon Mothma quickly seized Sly?s shoulders, twisted out from under her and with the last ounce of strength in her body, pushed Sly over the railing.

Gasping for breath, she sank to her knees as Anakin rushed to her side. She looked absolutely shocked and appalled at what just happened, yet was shaking with adrenaline.

?Mon Mothma, are you all right?? he asked, gently squeezing her shoulder.

?I?I?m fine now,? she smiled gratefully at him. ?Thanks to you.?

Anakin starred down at her dumbfounded. ?I?I didn?t do anything,? he stammered, hanging his head. ?I was distracted and you were almost killed.?

?But you caught me and brought me back on the balcony,? she replied softly, reminding him of the earlier incident.

?I should have been more attentive,? he sighed wistfully, once again starring off in the distance at the Senate building. Now that Mon Mothma was no longer in imminent danger, he was once again feeling an urgent cry from the Force of Padme?s danger.

Turning back to Mon Mothma, he gently helped her to her feet. ?Senator, please don?t take this personally but?,?

?You have to go,? she interrupted, nodding understandably.

?I can have the Temple send over someone to make sure you are safe for the rest of the day.?

?No, that?s quite all right.? She held up her hand in protest. ?I need to contact my colleagues about all this. We still have a lot of work to do."

Anakin opened his mouth to protest. Was she actually serious?

?I'll be with trusted friends,? she assured him. ?I?ll be fine, I promise.?

Anakin nodded. ?I?ll check in with you later,? he called as he raced from her apartment.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Palpatine leered triumphantly over Padme, his arms raised in eager anticipation.

Padme screamed, instinctively dropping to the floor behind her desk as the air around her crackled with electric energy. She was trembling with fear, here she was at the mercy of a Sith Lord and she had no defenses what so ever. This situation was so unbelievable yet here she was facing the truth.

?You can?t escape me, you fool!? Palpatine screeched as his office door slid open.

?Chancellor are you all right?? Tafo asked, eyes bulging at the sight before him.

?I?m fine, get out!? Palpatine howled, glaring at his unsuspecting receptionist.

?Tafo, help me!? Padme peeked around the corner of her desk. ?He?s trying to kill me!?

Tafo blinked in uncertainty, his eyes looking from Padme?s terrified expression to Palpatine?s furious one. ?I?I?I?m calling security,? he finally stuttered, running from the room.

Padme collapsed with relief. Palpatine couldn?t kill her now; there?d be no way of explaining it after Tafo?s surprise appearance.

?I suppose you think you?ve won?? he sneered, slowly shrugging the cloak from his shoulders.

Padme gingerly got to her feet, clutching the data pad firmly in her hands. She watched silently as Palpatine calmly walked across the room, replacing the cloak in the bottom drawer of his desk.

?I may not be able to deal with you now, as I would like,? he continued in an eerily soothing tone. ?But I can assure you, Miss Naberrie, you will pay for betraying me.?

Padme swallowed the lump in her throat and squared her shoulders. ?You won?t be able to hurt me once security arrives,? she boasted, hoping her voice conveyed a confidence she did not feel. ?I will be taken into custody and tell anyone who?ll listen exactl
  7. Gizzi1213 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Huh oh! I knew this couldn't go well for Padme when Anakin learned the truth. Poor boy, he's still split in two with his loyalties. And still making the wrong choices! Not to mention allowing his overactive emotions to rule the day again...has he already forgotten what has happened between Mon Mothma and Palpatine's most trusted assistant, Sly Moore???

Hopefully Anakin will come to his senses quickly this time and avert disaster.

And, just as hopefully, DRL will leave you both alone so you can focus on important things...like rescuing your readers from these evil cliffies every chapter. Really...there should be a rule against them!!!
  8. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master

star 3
    I hope she is clutching that data pad real tight. It will come in handy.
  9. VA_Parky Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh man, I was afraid this might happen! Anakin doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to discovering he's been deceived. [face_worried]

Poor Padme! Not only is she facing some serious charges, but Anakin has lost his faith in her! She's going to be so lost and destroyed. All hope is not lost though - surely Ani will remember his feeling that she was in danger. Why else would that be if Palpatine hadn't been threatening her??? And Sly Moore trying to kill Mon Mothma.... Come on, Anakin - connect the dots!!! [face_frustrated]

GREAT chapter! I will take a moment to celebrate the fact that Sly is gone. [face_dancing] Woohoo!

Thanks for the PM! Still lovin' this story!
  10. Kyana-Morgaine Jedi Knight

star 2
    I LOVE your story!
    PLease add me to your PM list!

I guess Padme is in real trouble! Hopefully Mon Mothma can help her out in explaining Anakin everything on the spying.
  11. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Uh oh. [face_worried]

?It?s true,? she admitted in a hushed whisper, her heart pounding.

Anakin?s mouth dropped open in disbelief.

Padme silently prayed to the Gods to give her the right words explain the situation to him. ?Bail hired me to keep an eye on the Chancellor,? she paused glaring at Palpatine. ?And report all suspicious activities back to him. We haven?t made anything up?,?

Anakin backed away from Padme, shaking his head in disbelief. ?You?ve been lying to me since day one,? he gasped.

?No, Anakin?,?

?She?s been lying to us both, son,? Palpatine added in a mournful tone.

?Anakin,? Padme took his hands in hers. ?Listen to me, I love you?,?

?Liar!? Anakin pushed her away. ?You betrayed me!? he raged. ?Everything?it?s all been a lie.?

Padme?s heart broke at the hurt in his eyes. ?Ani?,?

?Save your lies for your trial,? he replied in an even tone, turning away from her.

Tears fell down Padme?s face as the security team arrived. How could he not even listen to her? So Anakin wasn?t the person she thought he was after all, and that thought was the hardest one to take.

?Take her into custody,? Palpatine ordered.

?Ani,? she turned to him one last time. ?I?I?ll always love you.?

Anakin looked away, only feeling the agony of his shattered heart.

I've got a very bad feeling about this. :p

=D=
  12. Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Master

star 1
    You're mean. Ani is so messed up! If only he'd have gotten there about thirty seconds earlier, then this whole thing could have been avoided. Oh well, totally awesome post!

~kass
  13. randomangel22 Jedi Master

star 4
    ANAKIN Sidious is lying to you...again [face_skull].

Geez why can't he just see the truth and stop being so blind :rolleyes:.

Well, the events have taken an interesting turn and hopefully Anakin will be able to see the truth that Padme was working on the side of good and not evil [face_worried].

Great post!
  14. Kelia-Lily Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's the replies to all the reviews from the last chapter, sorry it's late.

Gizzi1213: OK, that does it!!! You two are KILLING me over here. With all the rules on this forum you'd THINK there'd be one against torturing your readers with evil cliffhanger after evil cliffhanger!!!!

Once more sorry about that...but it'll be worth it.

Hurry up, Anakin...Padme needs you!!

Yeah...[face_worried]

**heads off to find a tranquilizer to get through the next week's anxiety of waiting....**

Hopefully it'll just fly by. :D

Star_Angel: Come on Anakin, hurry, he is in quite a dilemma here, he can otherwise stay and help Mon or he can help Padmé, I?m hoping on both but mostly I?m hoping on Padmé. Fantastic update and I can?t wait until I get to read more.

Thank you so much, and enjoy the next update!

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT: Is this where the force lightening comes in? So much for Anakin to handle. Will they both (Padme and Anakin) come out unharmed?

Who knows, it might be.

Jedi_Kassandra: Okay, three things here.

1. I'm very glad I was on vacation last week and didn't have to deal with two cliff-hangers.

:D

2. YOU ARE THE MOST EVIL CLIFFIE MAKER EVER!!!!!!!

We admit it.

3. Awesome posts! and also...thanks for the pm!

Thank you, and you're most welcome!

VA_Parky: What in the world?!! YOU'RE KILLING ME OVER HERE!

But that's okay... I... I kinda like it! Yes, I am a glutton for punishment!

Happy to hear that because the cliffies might not be over yet.

In all seriousness, I completely loved this chapter. Yes, the cliffie made me want to throw a fit that would rival one of my nephew's, but I can't deny that the suspense is off-the-charts exciting!!! I'm loving every minute.

We're so happy that you enjoyed this so much!

But now I have to scream: HURRY UP, ANAKIN! Oooooh boy, this is not gonna be pretty!

Probably not. [face_worried]

*looks around sheepishly* I can't wait for the next update!

And we hope you enjoy the new installment.

MoAngel: AAAAAHHHHH.... No force lightening please.

Yeah...[face_worried]

VaderLVR64: Yikes! What a cliffie!

Yup!

More, more, more!

You're wish is our command.

ROTSFan: Sounds like a mirror image of what happened with Luke in ROTJ...

True they do have some similaries, but this isn't going to be like ROTJ in several ways.

piratedreamer: Gaaaaaa! I thought that by waiting until Sunday to read the previous chapter I was saving myself from a week's worth of anxiety for it's cliffhanger, but this one was far worse!!!! now everyone's about to die (well, except for Anakin. But in all honesty, is *he* the one we're all worried about right now?!?! no! lol.) Now I have to wait a FULL week to find out if *anyone* lives! j/k, great chap, I can't wait 'til next monday!

Thank you. Sorry about these cliffies, but we can't resist. And we hope you enjoy this next chapter.

randomangel22: Okay so maybe negotiation doesn't work with Palps...Padme should've seen that one coming .

Yes definitely.

Anakin better get there fast but then he left Mon with Sly again and now something will happen to her !

Yes. He definitely needs to hurry.

G__Anakin: Great job!

Thank you!

Bad Papitine.

Yeah...

FitJedi: Ohh more more more more more.. I must know what happens next!! I do hope Anakin can get to her in time before Sids does something quite drastic. I also hope that Anakin understand what Padme was doing the whole time and doesn't get angry with her. Here's to hoping for the best and waiting anxiously.

More is here, and we hope you enjoy it! Thank you so much!

Lea-El: Three evil cliffys in a row. Wow! You are mean.

We're sorry...but cliffies fit so well.

I got behind but no
  15. piratedreamer Jedi Knight

star 3
    [face_worried] I've known since early on in the fic that Anakin wouldn't take kindly to his being lied to, but I didn't expect the news to come out at the most inopportune moment, nor did I expect him to feed her so quickly to the wolves.:_| I only hope Padme can get that datapad to someone who she trusts and knows how to get it to her network!!!!
  16. ROTSFan Force Ghost

star 4
    piratedreamer's right, the news came at a very bad moment. Anakin's so damn stubborn, always believing in that old guy until it's too late. [face_not_talking]

Hope this doesn't end badly. Listen to your heart, Anakin [face_shame_on_you]
  17. FitJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    ugh!!! How absolutely frustrating he is.. always listening to that slimy Palpatine!! I do hope he comes to his senses and finally realizes that what Padme is telling him is true. Here's to hoping for somewhat of a happy outcome to this.
  18. Lea-El Force Ghost

star 4
    I just want to kick his sorry caucus all over Coruscant.

Believing Palpatine over Padme ! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mon Mothma's a tough old Senator. She must be from Texas.[face_cowboy]

Thanks for the PM @};-
  19. immortalimp83 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I love your fic! Padme as a spy, hee hee. Could I be added to your PM list? More more! Pretty please? ~Anastasia
  20. ObiWans_Gurl86 Jedi Knight

star 1
    ANAKIN UR so dumb!! he such a blind man, I hope everything gets all figured out and Anakin finally wakes up to see the truth and then well becomes humiliated like he deserves lol WOW lol I guess I have some sort of problem with Anakin Ha, maybe Obiwan will save the day!!! Excellent post can't wait for more!!
  21. immortalimp83 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Whoa! I just got to the end of what you've written so far. Please tell me there's still hope for Anakin and Padme. (crosses fingers that Palpatine will be undone.) Although knowing "Pruny" he'll be doing more evil and mayhem. But Sly Moore's out, so that's a plus... ~Anastasia~

Angel: I know what's goin' on with you.
    Faith: Join the club. Everybody seems to have a theory.
    Angel: Hmm. But I know what it's like to take a life. To feel a future, a world of possibilities, snuffed out by your own hand. I know the power in it. The exhilaration. It was like a drug for me.
    Faith: Yeah? Sounds like you need some help. A professional maybe.
    Angel: Hmm. A professional couldn't have helped me. It stopped when I got my soul back. My human heart.
    Faith: Goody for you. If we're gonna party, let's get on with it. Otherwise, could you let me out of these things?
    Angel: Faith, you have a choice. You've tasted something few ever do. I mean, to kill without remorse is to feel like a god.
    Faith: Right now, all I feel is a cramp in my wrist, so let me go!
    Angel: But you're not a god. You're not much more than a child. Going down this path will ruin you. You can't imagine the price for true evil.
    Faith: Yeah? I hope evil takes MasterCard.
    Angel: You and me, Faith, we're a lot alike. Time was, I thought humans existed just to hurt each other. But then I came here. And I found out that there are other types of people. People who genuinely wanted to do right. And they make mistakes. And they fall down. You know, but they keep caring. Keep trying. If you can trust us, Faith, this can all change. You don't have to disappear into the darkness.

22. Star_Angel Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, this is so bad. I knew that this would go bad, but why can?t Anakin just not listen to Palpatine this once, okay, I know that it looks bad but?I dunno?
    Where is Tafo, I hope that he will tell them the truth, and that Palpatine won?t ?deal? with him before then, but you never know with him.

Fantastic update, I?m on the edge of my seat about this.
  23. Kelia-Lily Jedi Knight

star 1
    Chapter 41

Padme followed the security detail through the corridors of the Senate oblivious to the stares and gasps of disbelief of everyone she passed. Tears slid down her cheeks; the image of Anakin?s devastated face frozen before her eyes. How could he look at her like that? As if he really believed she never loved him?

She was still shocked that Anakin could even treat her like that, but her sizzling anger burned into feelings of extreme despair and betrayal. Palplatine?s hold on Anakin was stronger than any feelings he had for Padme. She didn?t care much about what they were going to do to her, as she did for Anakin?s complete love and faith in her.

She wanted so desperately to believe he would realize all tender moments they?d spent together, all the soft kisses they shared were real once the shock of her secret wore off. He had to! ?Gods, let him realize I would never, could never have lied about that,? she prayed as she arrived at the head of security?s office.

?You?ll wait here while transportation to the detention center is arranged,? the lead guard stated, pushing her into the office.

Padme nodded as she entered, stopping abruptly at the front of a bulky desk that dominated the small room.

?Miss Naberrie,? a shrill voice called from behind her.

Padme turned to see a stout, middle aged man scowling at her.

?I?m Zen Elsin,? he explained, not waiting for her reply. ?Head of Senate Security. I?ll be guarding you until the transport is ready. Please have a seat.? He waved slightly at two small chairs pushed together at the side of the desk.

Padme moved quickly to the chairs, her hands clenching?the data pad! Startled, she glanced down at the priceless object in her hands. She?d forgotten she was holding it ? forgotten all about it actually. She had the proof of Palpatine?s treachery right here. All she needed to do was get it into the right hands.

?Mr. Elsin,? she tentatively began.

Zen?s head snapped up in impatiently. He hoped she wasn?t going to try and plead her innocence with him. From what he?d been told, she had been caught red handed in treasonous activities by the Chancellor himself. Nobody was going to be able to help her now. ?Yes??

?I?I have something that belongs to..,? Padme paused, troubled by the annoyed expression on the guard?s face. He didn?t look as if he was interested in anything she had to say, let alone be willing to help her deliver the data pad to Senator Taneel. How could she convince him to help her?

?What is it?? he snapped.

?My data pad.? Padme held up the small object for his inspection.

Zen frowned. ?What was this fool prattling on about? And why couldn?t she just wait until the guards from the detention center arrived and bother them?? ?What about it??

?I?ve been spending some personal time with a certain Jedi,? Padme explained, smiling shyly.

Zen froze. It couldn?t be.

?I recorded our time on the data pad,? she continued. ?And I don?t think he would appreciate it being made public concerning?,? she shrugged, gazing at him hopefully. ?Perhaps you could deliver the data pad to him without anyone finding out??

Zen swallowed the lump in his throat. He had a very bad feeling about this. ?Which Jedi?? he asked hoarsely, fearing the worse.

?Anakin Skywalker.?

?Great,? Zen moaned, shuddering slightly. He barely got through his first encounter with Anakin and now he had to bring an embarrassing reminder of Anakin?s encounters with a traitor to him - personally. Why did everything always have to happen to him?

?Hand it over,? Zen sighed, praying to the Gods Anakin would be willing to destroy the data pad and not him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Anakin stared blankly out the window in Palpatine?s office. He could scarcely believe the events that had just transpired. Padme was a spy! Her only goal to set up an innocent man and in order to help another Senator achieve power. Everything she?d told him, every touch, every kiss had been a lie.

He
  24. Gizzi1213 Jedi Knight

star 1
    You sneaks! You posted on Tuesday instead of Monday!

GAH!!! Anakin...I'm reaching for that 2x4 again...no, wait, I believe I had changed to a railroad tie! Hmmm, perhaps a steel girder would be better. How DENSE can one Jedi be???

Of course, I'm wondering if Zen Elsin will actually hand over the datapad without listening to it. Then again, given his last experience with Anakin, he likely doesn't even want to touch the cursed thing. I can't believe the guards even let her keep it. Wasn't she searched when she was taken into custody?

Meanwhile, back with dear ol' Palpatine, wonder what he's up to? Nothing good, that's for certain!

Frankly, I hope Padme gives Anakin a dose of his own medicine back to him once this is all resolved and leaves him until he come groveling back for being so obtuse!

25. Jedi_Kassandra Jedi Master

star 1
    yet another evil cliffie...you're good at those. So, Padme recorded her "personal time" on the data pad? Yeah Right! I just hope Ani reads it and doesn't throw it in some incinerator somewhere.

Thanks for the pm!

~kass
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.