Saga A Necessary Deception...AU/Romantic Intrigue...A/P...Completed 06/25/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kelia-Lily, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Palpatine studied Anakin silently for a few moments. ?I find that hard to believe,? he finally said, shaking his head. ?Miss Moore has been my assistant for ten years and I trust her?,?

?I saw it,? Anakin stated flatly.

?You were with Mon Mothma?? Palpatine?s asked incredulously.

?Yes,? Anakin sighed. He might as well tell Palpatine everything. He was going to find out soon enough. ?The Council was working with Mon Mothma to force Sly to reveal her true nature,? he glanced at Palpatine. ?We knew she was the one to alter Senator Zar?s security tape.?

Palpatine clenched his jaw, fury beginning to build in him. The Jedi were getting too close. ?And??

?And we set a trap and she walked right into it,? he paused, turning to Palpatine. ?I?m sorry Chancellor. It?s clear Sly was either the Sith Lord or working with him.?

?What does the Council plan to do know?? Palpatine struggled to control his temper.

?I don?t know,? Anakin answered honestly. ?I have to let them know about Sly?and Padme.? Shoulders slumping, Anakin headed towards the door. ?I?ll keep you informed.?

As soon as the door slid shut behind Anakin, Palpatine let out a howl of rage. How dare the Jedi Council decide anything without his knowledge and approval! He would deal with their betrayal very soon. But first, he had more pressing business. Still seething with rage, he stormed over to his desk, pounding the intercom.

?Tafo, have my personal shuttle prepared for immediate departure,? he barked. Padme should be arriving at the detention center soon and it was time he dealt with her once and for all.

Uh oh. Not good. Of course, if Anakin knows that Palpatine is trying to harm Padme, he MIGHT come to his senses. We can only hope.

=D=
  2. Lea-El Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope he has sense enough to listen to the data pad the big lump.

A Sith lord worrying the Jedi Council did something with out his permission that bad.
  3. VA_Parky Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooooooh nooooooo! Just when I thought Padme was at least relatively safe, Palpatine has to go and stir it all up again. But that really shouldn't come as a surprise. He's not one to sit around and hope for the best, is he?

Great chapter! I could really feel Padme's pain and desperation. I hope the datapad makes it to Anakin before it's too late. Until that happens, I'm going to be biting my fingernails! I'll need a manicure before too long. :p

Excellent job, you two! Still loving this story more and more with each passing chapter!
  4. ObiWans_Gurl86 Jedi Knight

star 1
    OH NO!!!! not good at all, Wow it is so tense right now, lets just hope Anakin comes to his senses before its too late. Good Job Can't wait to see what happens next.

5. ROTSFan Force Ghost

star 4
    Word.

It was rather clever of Padme however to tell that story to the guard to get the datapad back to Anakin. You never can tell whether he's in the Chancellors pocket or not!

But holy crap, Anakin is dense. [face_frustrated]

"...It?s clear Sly was either the Sith Lord or working with him.?

there's your first clue buddy. So much for being a sharp investigator. :p

6. Kelia-Lily Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here are review responses for Chapter 39, sorry it's late again.

Gizzi1213: Huh oh! I knew this couldn't go well for Padme when Anakin learned the truth. Poor boy, he's still split in two with his loyalties. And still making the wrong choices! Not to mention allowing his overactive emotions to rule the day again...has he already forgotten what has happened between Mon Mothma and Palpatine's most trusted assistant, Sly Moore???

Yes he has, Anakin definitely needs to be thinking things through better.

Hopefully Anakin will come to his senses quickly this time and avert disaster.

Hopefully he will. [face_worried]

And, just as hopefully, DRL will leave you both alone so you can focus on important things...like rescuing your readers from these evil cliffies every chapter. Really...there should be a rule against them!!!

Thanks, hopefully DRL will leave us alone.

WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT: I hope she is clutching that data pad real tight. It will come in handy.

Yes, Padme needs to protect that datapad at all costs.

VA_Parky: Oh man, I was afraid this might happen! Anakin doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to discovering he's been deceived.

No he doesn't. [face_worried]

Poor Padme! Not only is she facing some serious charges, but Anakin has lost his faith in her! She's going to be so lost and destroyed. All hope is not lost though - surely Ani will remember his feeling that she was in danger. Why else would that be if Palpatine hadn't been threatening her??? And Sly Moore trying to kill Mon Mothma.... Come on, Anakin - connect the dots!!!

Anakin definitely has to think things through, but we all how well he does that.

GREAT chapter! I will take a moment to celebrate the fact that Sly is gone. Woohoo!

:D Isn't it great!

Thanks for the PM! Still lovin' this story!

You're welcome, and we're so glad you still are enjoying this!

Kyana-Morgaine: I LOVE your story!

Thank you!

PLease add me to your PM list!

We would be happy to add you to the list.

I guess Padme is in real trouble! Hopefully Mon Mothma can help her out in explaining Anakin everything on the spying.

Hopefully Anakin will learn the truth.

VaderLVR64: Uh oh.

Yeah...

I've got a very bad feeling about this.

With good reason. [face_worried]

Jedi_Kassandra: You're mean. Ani is so messed up! If only he'd have gotten there about thirty seconds earlier, then this whole thing could have been avoided. Oh well, totally awesome post!

Yes, he has bad timing. Thank you, we are happy you liked it.

randomangel22: ANAKIN Sidious is lying to you...again .

Yup.

Geez why can't he just see the truth and stop being so blind .

Yeah, he can be dense sometimes.

Well, the events have taken an interesting turn and hopefully Anakin will be able to see the truth that Padme was working on the side of good and not evil .

Right. [face_worried]

Great post!

Thank you!

piratedreamer: I've known since early on in the fic that Anakin wouldn't take kindly to his being lied to, but I didn't expect the news to come out at the most inopportune moment, nor did I expect him to feed her so quickly to the wolves. I only hope Padme can get that datapad to someone who she trusts and knows how to get it to her network!!!!

Yes, hopefully Padme will be able to protect the datapad. And Anakin will be able to realize the truth.

ROTSFan: piratedreamer's right, the news came at a very bad moment. Anakin's so damn stubborn, always believing in that old guy until it's too late.

In Anakin's case stubborn can be an understatement.

Hope this doesn't end badly. Listen to your heart, Anakin

Yeah...[face_worried]

FitJedi: ugh!!! How absolutely frustrating he is.. always listening to that slimy Palpatine!
  7. FitJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh this just does not look good for Padme, I am hoping that Zen will give Anakin the recorder and he listens to it and comes to his senses. I have to agree with the above, if I was Padme I'd be giving Anakin a swift kick in the rear for how he treated her. Wishing for the best.
  8. piratedreamer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh wait, was the datapad recording Palpatine's evilness normally or in "spy mode"? If it was normal, then Padme did the absolutely right thing, if not...well let's just say a certain extremely dense Jedi won't give a "blank" datapad a second glance. And then there's no guarantee that he'll actually listen to it anyway!!!! Excuse me while I go cry...;)
  9. Star_Angel Jedi Master

star 4
    Another cliffie?oh, I hope that Anakin will get that datapad and see it before Palpatine will reach Padmé.
    Fantastic update.
  10. WANNA-BE-JEDI-KNIGHT Jedi Master

star 3
    Lets hope that data pad gets to Anakin directly!
  11. AnakinLuver Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Kelia-Lily Jedi Knight

star 1
    Gizzi1213: You sneaks! You posted on Tuesday instead of Monday!

SOrry about that.

GAH!!! Anakin...I'm reaching for that 2x4 again...no, wait, I believe I had changed to a railroad tie! Hmmm, perhaps a steel girder would be better. How DENSE can one Jedi be???

In his case, extremely.

Of course, I'm wondering if Zen Elsin will actually hand over the datapad without listening to it. Then again, given his last experience with Anakin, he likely doesn't even want to touch the cursed thing. I can't believe the guards even let her keep it. Wasn't she searched when she was taken into custody?

They probably figured she would have nothing on her that could be dangerous.

Meanwhile, back with dear ol' Palpatine, wonder what he's up to? Nothing good, that's for certain!

Definitely not.

Frankly, I hope Padme gives Anakin a dose of his own medicine back to him once this is all resolved and leaves him until he come groveling back for being so obtuse!

[face_laugh] Maybe she will.

Jedi_Kassandra: yet another evil cliffie...you're good at those. So, Padme recorded her "personal time" on the data pad? Yeah Right! I just hope Ani reads it and doesn't throw it in some incinerator somewhere.

Yup, we like our evil cliffies too much. Hopefully Anakin will read it.

Thanks for the pm!

You're welcome.

VaderLVR64: Uh oh. Not good. Of course, if Anakin knows that Palpatine is trying to harm Padme, he MIGHT come to his senses. We can only hope.

That's for sure.

Lea-El: I hope he has sense enough to listen to the data pad the big lump.

Yeah...[face_worried]

A Sith lord worrying the Jedi Council did something with out his permission that bad.

It sure is.

VA_Parky: Ooooooh nooooooo! Just when I thought Padme was at least relatively safe, Palpatine has to go and stir it all up again. But that really shouldn't come as a surprise. He's not one to sit around and hope for the best, is he?

No he isn't.

Great chapter! I could really feel Padme's pain and desperation. I hope the datapad makes it to Anakin before it's too late. Until that happens, I'm going to be biting my fingernails! I'll need a manicure before too long.

Thank you, yes poor Padme is definitely going through alot right now.

Excellent job, you two! Still loving this story more and more with each passing chapter!

Thanks again, we're so happy you're loving it.

ObiWans_Gurl86: OH NO!!!! not good at all, Wow it is so tense right now, lets just hope Anakin comes to his senses before its too late. Good Job Can't wait to see what happens next.

Yeah...[face_worried] Thank you, more is coming soon.

ROTSFan: Word.

It was rather clever of Padme however to tell that story to the guard to get the datapad back to Anakin. You never can tell whether he's in the Chancellors pocket or not!

Not you definitely can't tell.

But holy crap, Anakin is dense.

Yup, at least he is now.

there's your first clue buddy. So much for being a sharp investigator.

[face_laugh] Yes, he can work on his skills a little bit.

FitJedi: Oh this just does not look good for Padme, I am hoping that Zen will give Anakin the recorder and he listens to it and comes to his senses. I have to agree with the above, if I was Padme I'd be giving Anakin a swift kick in the rear for how he treated her. Wishing for the best.

Padme is definitely in a tough situation now, and no longer has her Jedi protector. Hopefully Anakin will realize the truth, or he might not.

piratedreamer: Oh wait, was the datapad recording Palpatine's evilness normally or in "spy mode"? If it was normal, then Padme did the absolutely right thing, if not...well let's just say a certain extremely dense Jedi won't give a "blank" datapad a second glance. And then there's no guarantee that he'll actually listen to it anyway!!!! Excuse me while I go cry..
  13. Kelia-Lily Jedi Knight

star 1
    A/n - apologies for the delay in updates. The good news is, the rest of the story is written and will be posted on time :) Thank you to everyone who is sticking with us [:D]

Chapter 42

Anakin left the High Council Chambers with a heavy heart, slowly making his way through the Temple to his quarters. He had given his report to the stunned Council and now they were discussing their next move.

He sighed wearily, thankful he was not needed for the debate. With Padme?s betrayal weighing heavily on his mind, there was no way he could focus on anything else. Right now, he didn?t even care whether Sly Moore was the Sith Lord or just one of the manipulated minions.

He was so caught up in his heartache, he wasn?t aware of the greetings and looks of concern from his fellow Jedi. His heart felt as if it had been shattered. All these long weeks Anakin felt himself growing further in love with her, and to feel the scorn of her betrayal was almost more than he could take.

She led him on all this time but in the end she really was just a brilliant actress. Padme didn?t love him, but saw him as a means to an end because of Anakin?s friendship with Palpatine.

?How could she have done this to me?? he bemoaned. The door to his quarters slid open as he approached and he stepped inside making his way to the simple sofa in the far corner, not bothering to turn on any lights.

Sinking into the plush cushions, he buried his head in his hands finally allowing the tears to fall. ?Oh Padme, why!?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan rose from his chair the moment the session was over, striding as quickly as he could for the door. The pain Anakin was in broadcasted so vividly through their bond, he had barely been able to focus on the meeting let alone offer his own suggestions.

Knowing how stubborn Anakin could be, he prayed silently to the Force for the right words to say to bring some comfort to his former padawan. He didn?t believe Padme had callously used Anakin despite not telling him her reasons for becoming Palpatine?s assistant. No, there was something more?something elusive?

?Master Kenobi! Master Kenobi!?

The excited voice jerked Obi-Wan from his thoughts. He whirled around to find the young padawan normally stationed at the Temple entrance running his way.

?Yes, Padawan Mithus??

?I have a delivery for Knight Skywalker,? Mithus gasped holding up Padme?s data pad. ?I?ve been trying to contact him, but he?s not answering his Com.?

Obi-Wan took the data pad, frowning. ?Who?s it from?? he asked.

?It was delivered by a Senate security officer,? Mithus replied. ?He said it was from Padme Naberrie and for Knight Skywalker?s eyes only.?

Obi-Wan?s head snapped up in surprise. ?Padme?? he repeated in confusion. ?Why would she be sending Anakin her data pad??

?Thank you padawan,? Obi-Wan nodded, slipping it into his tunic?s pocket. ?I?ll make sure he gets it.?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan slid the door to Anakin?s quarters open, his eyes blinking rapidly as they adjusted to the darkness.

?Anakin??

?Go away,? Anakin moaned.

?You can?t hide in here forever,? Obi-Wan continued, gingerly making his way to the sofa where Anakin was hunched over.

?Can so,? Anakin sniffled.

Obi-Wan?s reply was cut off when he banged into the dinning table. ?Lights on,? he said sharply, biting back a curse and rubbing his shin.

Anakin winced at the obtrusive light, burying his face back in his hands.

?Anakin,? Obi-Wan settled beside him, squeezing his shoulder firmly. ?I understand you?re upset,? he began. ?But we are on the verge of discovering who the Sith Lord is. We could end this war and restore peace to the Galaxy.?

?I don?t care,?

?ANAKIN!?

Anakin sighed heavily. ?I know, Master,? he whispered softly. ?I?just?it?just,? his words trailed off as a fresh wave of pain washed over him. ?Why did she have to lie to me?? he turned his tear stained face to Obi-Wan. ?Why did
  14. Gizzi1213 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Finally he stood, dropping the data pad on the sofa. "I know what I need to do," he announced heading for the door.

"What about the -"

"I'll deal with it later," Anakin replied.

shakes head in disgust Anakin! Anakin! I give up, I really do. Someone just take a blaster to the boy to take ME out of my misery of waiting for him to wise up!!

Sigh...my one hope is that Obi-Wan's words had some effect on the Great Dense One and he'll come to his senses!!

Glad to know the story is written, looking forward to the rest!
  15. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Yikes! I"m almost afraid to read the next post. :eek: But I know I will. :p

Anakin sighed heavily. ?I know, Master,? he whispered softly. ?I?just?it?just,? his words trailed off as a fresh wave of pain washed over him. ?Why did she have to lie to me?? he turned his tear stained face to Obi-Wan. ?Why did she have to use me??

?You don?t know that she did,? Obi-Wan replied, holding up his hand when Anakin opened his mouth to protest. ?Have you considered the possibility Padme?s feelings for you were genuine? That falling in love with you wasn?t part of her plan??

Anakin?s brows furrowed in thought. ?She used me to get to the Chancellor,? he protested.

?She was working for the Chancellor,? Obi-Wan pointed out. ?She couldn?t have gotten any closer to him.?

Anakin shook his head.

?Think about it Anakin,? Obi-Wan continued. ?What did Padme actually gain from spending time with you? Did you ever talk about the Chancellor? Or her work at all??

?She tried to set him up,? Anakin offered weakly.

?Did she??

Anakin glared at Obi-Wan. ?What do you mean? She admitted she was spying on him!?

?Spying,? Obi-Wan agreed. ?Not setting up. There?s a difference.?

Anakin shifted uneasily.

?I think you need to set your feelings aside and examine the facts more closely,? Obi-Wan advised, rising from the sofa. ?Oh yes,? he reached into his pocket. ?Padme sent this for you.?

Anakin gazed at the data pad in confusion. ?Why?? he asked, taking it from Obi-Wan?s hands and examining it closely.

?I don?t know,? Obi-Wan admitted. ?I thought it would mean something to you.?

Listen to Obi-Wan!!!!!

Okay, I feel better now that I've got that out of my system. :D

=D=
  16. randomangel22 Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin needs to get it together geez *slaps Anakin upside the head* :mad:!

Just read the stupid datapad and all your questions and doubts will be answered.

Great post!
  17. DarthVaderette Force Ghost

star 2
    Please PM me with updates, I'm anxious to see how this all plays out.

18. Lea-El Force Ghost

star 4
    Another evil cliffy, this is getting scarry. I hope the next one is coming soon.

I'm not as mad at Anakin after this post. Just a few minor kicks in the shin for not reading the datapad.

Thanks for the PM@};-
  19. VA_Parky Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh man, Padme is one tough cookie. I like to think that I'd be able to face Palps with my head held high, but let's face it - I'd be a quivering mess of Jello. :p I do admire her fortitude though.

And Anakin. *shakes head* What in the world are we going to do with him? Obi-Wan, thankfully, was there to bring up some very valid points. Let's hope that the 'thing' Anakin decided to do involves visiting Padme's holding cell. Just maybe he'll overhear some of Palpatine's true nature. [face_praying]

I've got my fingers crossed - can't wait for the next update!!! Woohoo! This is so exciting and nerve wracking - all at the same time!!!!
  20. ROTSFan Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin stared silently into space, his long fingers running along the edges of the data pad. Something wasn?t adding up?The more he thought about it, the more he realized Padme hadn?t gained anything to use against the Chancellor from him, so why was she seeing him? And why send him the data pad? He?d never seen it before, what was he supposed to do with it?

Well, you can lead a horse to water.....

Maybe Anakin should consider a career change; something to suit his...emo tendencies.

At least his departure (to Padme's cell I assume) will neatly coincide with the Chancellor's visit. At least the Force is doing it's job even if he isn't.
  21. FitJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ugh.. that was cruel, once again an evil cliffie. I'm glad that Obi-Wan has been able to take a little bit of sense into Anakin. I hope he gets to Padme before it's too late. Great update, I love it how he just felt so used and broken- very well done.
  22. ObiWans_Gurl86 Jedi Knight

star 1
    ANAKIN!!!! Look at the data pad......geez. WAKE UP lol OMG whats gonan hapen next Im scared......good job need to read more soon.
  23. Kitten Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't believe I just barely discovered your story. It is amazing, though I have to say I am a bit annoyed with Anakin. I mean, he didn't even give Padme a chance to explain. Maybe, he just doesn't deserve her.
  24. AnakinLuver Jedi Master

star 4
  25. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    *eyes fall out of head*

I just read the entire 33 pages of posts. I am following with Active Topic Notification, but you can send me a PM because it might be easier for me.

*goes back to lurking, popping eyes back in*
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.