main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Necessary Deception...AU/Romantic Intrigue...A/P...Completed 06/25/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kelia-Lily, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh] Go Palpatine!

I have a feeling that he DEFINITELY IS UP TO SOMETHING. How can that guy NOT be up to something? :p

Great update, and I'm glad Padme is oging to inform Bail atleast...

2. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    not much to say about this update - things are getting more complicated.

we need longer updates Kelia!

TnTornado

3. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    great update you guys!!! Padme is in love and I liked how you had her walk right past the Chancellor's office while she was thinking about Ani... cute...

I,too, think Palps has something up his sleeve with her taking down the Senator's names who rebelled... nothing good, I imagine..

Update soon!

Rachel Rose@};-

4. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    ?Thank the Gods I left politics behind,? she sighed, shifting for a more comfortable position.

Okay, so that doesn?t really sounds like the Padmé we know, but somehow I find that refreshing.

Amazing update and I?m looking forward to read more.

5. Across_The_Stars-24

Across_The_Stars-24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2005
    This is such a great story. I like the twist where Padme is the spy. Padme is starting to notice strange happenings with Palpatine. I like how she can't stop thinking about her date with Anakin. Can you put me on your pm list. Can't wait for more. Thanks.

6. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Palpatine sure didn't waste any time. Padme is right to go with her instincts- something is definitely not right there.

Thanks for the PM- looking forward to more!! :)

7. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    So Palpy is plotting and not letting anyone know about it yet??? There's something new and different.[face_laugh]

Padme had better watch herself while observing for him. He is quite clever that snake.

8. JediLara

JediLara Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2005
    I loved the image of Padme being so caught up in her dreams of Anakin that she walked right past Palpatine's office...[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Anakin makes quite the lasting impression...=P~ =P~

I see Palpatine is up to no good all ready...didn't take him long!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    *Finger hovers over red button, labelled "Palpy termination"*

Hmm, will we need Fett for this? Shall i com him?

Need some Ani/Ami!!! Miss him i do!:_|

Cheers_Cazza@};-

10. QueenSith

QueenSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2005
    I'm glad to see Padme is not just taking Palpatine at his word, he's definitely up to something.

Loved her being distracted by thoughts of Ani - looking forward to him showing up again :D

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Ugh. I hate Palpatine! [face_frustrated]

?This won?t be an official task,? Palpatine explained seeing the surprised look on her face. ?But I?d like you to attend the next Senate session. I?m proposing legislation that will send several garrisons of clone troopers to planets not yet under siege as a preemptive measure only,? he stressed. ?But there are several Senators who don?t agree with the policy and I?d like you to make note of each one who disagrees.?

?Really?? Padme replied, unable to keep the surprise from her voice. ?May I ask why??

?Oh it?s nothing sinister, I assure you,? Palpatine shrugged. ?I would just like the opportunity to meet privately with them to hear their arguments and give them a chance to hear more of mine. We don?t always have the time to go over every little detail during the sessions.?

?Something?s not right here,? Padme thought as she agreed. She wasn?t so sure if she herself would?ve agreed to something like that either. She wondered if Bail was one of these Senators and she wouldn?t be surprised if he was.

Padme had better be on her toes! [face_worried]

12. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Just found this, read it and yes, I want on the pm list.@};-

Padme a spy!!! Ooooh! nice twist.[face_thinking]

Meet Ani again now!! Interesting change! I could get lost in those eyes.(I didn't say that did I?)

Paplatine's assistant. Job title stinks so does boss![face_sick][face_devil]

Bail better be careful.[face_worried]

Good work my two favorite writers working together. Perfect!
    =D==D==D==D==D=

13. penpadme

penpadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    I just found this fic and I am hooked already. I definitely want on the PM list. Padme is already very into Anakin and he is very much into her. They are definitely made for each other. Wonderful update and waiting for more!

14. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Palpatine, what are you up to? Padme is smart enough to know
    that he's up to no good. She better warn Bail about it.

Ohhhh...so she did agree to another date with Anakin. I knew
    she couldn't refuse. LOL :D

Great update!

15. Kelia-Lily

Kelia-Lily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    G__Anakin: Palpitine always has something up his sleve

He sure does.

Can't wait for more and thanks for the PM

You're welcome.

michaellover:mmm...Padme is starting to notice Palpatine's hidden agenda what'll happen when she learns Anakin's role in it I wonder?

It will be interesting...[face_whistling]

delta-7starfighter:Interesting... I'm glad Padme noticed something was wrong right away.

Yup, Padme is a sharp one.

I'm also glad to see that she just can't keep her mind off a certain Jedi.

Of course!

Great update!
    Thanks for the PM!

Thanks and you're welcome!!

VA_Parky:Whew, I'm glad that Bail had the foresight to add Padme to his 'team.' The Chancellor is already off and running with dirty deeds, isn't he??!

Of course he is.

You two are doing a wonderful job with this story - I am loving every moment of it. And the Padme/Anakin interaction is an added bonus. I love that she's falling for him already!! Awwww!!

Thank you, we're so glad you love the Ani/Padme moments. And how COULDN'T she fall for him?

Had to laugh at how bored Padme was during the start of the meeting. I've been in a few of those myself (nothing so exciting as starship funding, mind you) and boy, could I identify!! So funny!

Glad you enjoyed that.

Awesome work! And thanks for the PM!

Thanks and you're very welcome.

randomangel22: darn it palpy is always up to something i mean duh !! life in star wars wouldn't be complete without him screwing it up !!! i hope padme can warn bail in time...

Yes, that Palpy just never listens, does he?

FitJedi:I agree,, Palpy definitely has something up his sleeve.

Most definitely. [face_devil]

JediKaris:Well it didn't take Palpatine long to resort to some sort of devious behavior...(nope, I don't trust his motives )

Nope, not trustworthy at all.

Very exciting story so far.
    Great updates

Thanks!!

Daenarrah:And now it begins. I like how this chapter supplied so much and really set things in motion even more.

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Now Padmé gets to see Palpatine in action and how devious he can be without it being obvious. I'm glad she caught on right away that something is amiss here. I hope she can get to Bail with it in time before whatever Palpatine has planned. Meanwhile she's suffering from "Anakin on the Brain".

Yes, "Anakin on the Brain" could traumatize any girl.;)

anakin_luver: Go Palpatine!
    I have a feeling that he DEFINITELY IS UP TO SOMETHING. How can that guy NOT be up to something?

That is definitely the RIGHT question to be asking.

Great update, and I'm glad Padme is oging to inform Bail atleast...

Thank you!!

TnTornado:not much to say about this update - things are getting more complicated.

Most definitely.

we need longer updates Kelia!

Hope you enjoy the next one. :)

AnakinLuver: great update you guys!!! Padme is in love and I liked how you had her walk right past the Chancellor's office while she was thinking about Ani... cute...

Thanks! Yes, poor Padme is just way too distracted right now.

I,too, think Palps has something up his sleeve with her taking down the Senator's names who rebelled... nothing good, I imagine..

Well I doubt he's going to buy them flowers.

Update soon!

We will.

Star_Angel:Okay, so that doesn?t really sounds like the Padmé we know, but somehow I find that refreshing.

Glad you do. :D

Amazing update and I?m looking forward to read more.

Thank you!!

Across_The_Stars-24:This is such a great story. I like the twist where Padme is the spy. Padme is starting to notice strange happenings with Palpatine. I like how she can't stop thinking about her date with Anakin. Can yo

16. Kelia-Lily

Kelia-Lily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    Current PM List

Lea-El
    Penpadme
    Across_The_Stars-24
    Delta-7starfighter
    Star_Angel
    G_Anakin
    Randomangel22
    Michaellover
    Jediarym
    VaderLVR64
    Jedi_princess18
    JadeSolo
    FitJedi
    Daenarrah
    WendyGage
    Anakin_luver
    TnTornado
    Jedi_Master_Cazz
    VA_Parky
    RyooNaberrie
    AnakinLuver
    Amidala66

Chapter 5

Padme pulled the hood of her cloak tightly around her face as she hurried through the side streets. She was taking a huge risk going to Bail?s apartment so soon but she felt an undeniable sense of urgency to report Palpatine?s intentions to him. She felt strongly something wasn?t right about his determination to keep a record of all the Senators who disagreed with his legislation, though part of her was also hoping Bail would reassure her it was all perfectly normal during this time of war.

?Padme.? Bail greeted her, quickly glancing up and down the hallway behind her.

?No one saw me,? she said stepping into his apartment and following him into the sitting room. ?I?m sorry for intrusion,? she apologized.

?What?s happened?? Bail?s expression was etched with worry.

Padme quickly explained Palpatine?s plan and her concern of an ulterior motive. ?Is that normal?? she asked.

?Not exactly,? Bail frowned. ?Senators have been known to meet with each other to try and persuade the other to see their point of view but it?s highly unusual for the Chancellor to get involved personally, especially with his own legislation,? he paused rubbing his chin. ?It can be perceived as intimidation.?

?You think the Palpatine is up to something??

?No doubt,? Bail nodded. ?When does he plan to start the meetings??

?I?m supposed to start contacting everyone later this afternoon,? Padme replied. ?And?um?you are the first one on the list.?

?I?m not surprised,? Bail laughed. ?Don?t worry, I can handle myself.? He sighed. ?I will let the other Senators in our group know so they can warn as many of the others as possible.?

They sat silently for a few moments, each lost in their own thoughts. Despire Bail?s confidence in his abilities to take care of himself; Padme couldn?t help but worry for her friend. When she first took on her new assignment she was appalled at the very thought that Palpatine was up to something, but now she certainly had her doubts. But trying to figure out what the Chancellor was up to might take a great deal of time. Time that Padme wasn?t sure they had.

?There is something I?d like you to do,? Bail announced cautiously. ?I?d like you to get me a list of the planets Palpatine wants to send troops to.?

Padme?s eyes widened in surprise. ?Why?? she gasped.

?I?d like to contact them and see if they would be willing to turn down Palpatine?s request to send troops.?

?I can?t do that,? Padme replied. ?Palpatine will figure out I?m involved immediately?,?

?Not all of them,? Bail interrupted. ?Just one, maybe two. It won?t completely thwart Palpatine?s plan but it may just keep a few planets out of this war.?

?So you think the legislation will pass??

Bail sighed and suddenly looked weary and defeated. ?Palpatine seems to get everything he wants these days,? he said sadly. ?And with these up coming meetings?,? his voice trailed off.

?I?ll send you the list as soon as I can,? she promised. This wasn?t exactly what she signed up for but if there was anything she could do to keep one planet from suffering, she was more than willing.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Padme studied her datapad containing the information Bail requested, silently debating whether or not to send it. Part of her thought Palpatine had a good argument for preparing planets still enjoying some sense of peace for a possible invasion. On the other hand, Bail?s argument for defeating the enemy where they were currently engaged also made sense.

She groaned, shaking her head in frustration. This is exactly why she got out of politics. Too much debate and not enough action. It gave her a headache.
    Ta

17. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    :eek: uh-oh padme ran into some trouble!!! darn you i wanted to see the date scene [face_frustrated] just kidding!!

18. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    guess the senators that didn't agree with Palpatine are being "taking care
    of" by someone right?? hopefully not Ani![face_worried]

19. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh oh.. dead bodies in the middle of a room.. so not good. I think Padme may be over her head a little bit here.
    Great update, can't wait for more.

20. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Well there goes her worries as to being disloyal to a friend.

Now she has to worry about other friends being killed.[face_worried]

She is also going to have to worry about Ani reading her thoughts... nah all she will think about around him is him.[face_love]=P~:*[face_batting][face_blush]

good work thanks for the PM@};-@};-@};-

21. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    :eek:

Not expecting that...This definitely a little fishy, to say the least!

But I bet Padme will forget it in a jiffy when Anakin is around [face_love]

Great update!

22. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    hmmm... I'm glad Padme decided to do the right thing for Bail... he deserves to be warned of anything Palps is up to...

so Senator Fang Zar is Dead? I wonder who the culprit is besides Palps...

It's cute though that Padme was excited about their date... cute...

Rachel Rose@};-

23. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh no!!! I halfway wondered if she would find something sinister going on at Fang Zar's office. I see I was right to worry!!! Whoever did that is obviously sending a message - and not one of the happy variety! [face_worried]

Great update. The intrigue is increasing with each passing moment. I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. Though I suspect the sight of a dead body will ruin Padme's anticipation for a romantic evening. Darn it! ;)

Awesome job, you two! You make an awesome writing team!

24. penpadme

penpadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    And the plot gets thicker. Great update and I wonder who killed Senator Zar? This is so intriguing and now I want to know where Anakin is taking Padme for their date? Love it and can't wait for more!

25. Tally-Skywalker

Tally-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    Hey, this is a really fun fic! I like the idea of her as a spy. And, geez, Anakin wastes no time in courting her, hehe. Please add me to the pm list!!!

~Tally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.