main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Necessary Deception...AU/Romantic Intrigue...A/P...Completed 06/25/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kelia-Lily, Jun 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penpadme

penpadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    Oh, and the mystery deepens. I hope that Anakin will not get lost in the lies and Padme will see what is truly important in all of this... Anakin!

2. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Oh I can't wait to see where Padme's investigation leads! So exciting. I can't wait for the next installment.

3. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Ah, what an ominous final statement to end on!

Another great chapter though! How much do I love Bail in this story? He is so great - and how brazen! To pass a secret message to Padme in the middle of the hallway? AWESOME!

Oh man, I cannot wait to see what's going to happen next!!!

Thanks for the PM, you two!

4. JediLara

JediLara Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2005
    And the plot thickens.

I wonder just how much of a role Sen Heiken played in Zar's death?

Very nice update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Ohhhhhhhh...indeed, VERY interesting

Padme, Padme, Padme...thinking about Anakin again are you? [face_mischief]

Bail is very sly when he wants to be isn't he?

I can't wait til the next post! Great chap!

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    A Senatorial investigator would have been easy enough to work around, it wouldn?t have even been a problem to wean information out of the investigator on the pretense of keeping the Chancellor informed but Anakin reported directly to Palpatine. He wouldn?t be so easily charmed.

Sure he will! [face_batting] I liked Bail's comment that if he changed his mind, something's really wrong. Great point to make.

Myself, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of Palpatine's intimidation tactics. I doubt it's just a scary look and some scandalous photos. [face_worried]

7. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    well at least padme is going to be spending some time with anakin so that should count for something haha ;) [face_laugh]!! i hope they'll be able to prove that palpatine killed zenator zar fang...

8. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    this is getting more and more serius as time passes, I wonder if Palpatine knows Padme's real job, and it's just playing along to fool her.

9. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    nice job again

padme's going to have her hands full trying to help.:)

10. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    And the plot runs deeper!

Great update!

TnTornado

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Uh oh, this sounds very bad indeed! [face_worried]

?Something terrible must have happened to make him support Palpatine?s legislation,? Padme realized as she turned the recorder back on.

?I?d like you to try and find out what?s going on in the meetings Palpatine is having,? Bail continued. ?I?m not sure if we?re all going to be subjected to the same treatment or if?,? his voice trailed off. Taking a deep breath, he looked directly into the recorder. ?And if I should change my mind, we?ll know there were serious intimidation tactics. I would expect you to take your findings directly to Mon Mothma,? he paused for a moment. ?All your findings,? he emphasized as his image faded.

Padme sank back against the cushions of the chair in shock. ?Things are about to get very interesting,? she sighed. And little did she know how very right she was.

Now I'm REALLY worried!

Hurry up and post. :p

12. delta-7starfighter

delta-7starfighter Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Oh, I like it. :)

?I?d like you to try and find out what?s going on in the meetings Palpatine is having,?

Dangerous. Should be interesting.:D

Great job! Thanks for the PM.

13. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    I bet Palpy is blackmailing Senator Haiken or should I say Darth
    Sidious? Hmmm...something fishy definitely going on...

Note to Padme: You can do your mission and still have fun with Anakin! ;)

Thanks for the PM and I look forward to your next update! :)

14. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    The plot thickens. I have a feeling too that Sidious is behind Haiken's supporting of Palpatine. I love his dual personality. And Padmé is really going to have her hands full now.

15. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Looks like Padme's gonna get down and dirty... having a certain blue eyed jedi info outlet could be useful, I mean come on Padme! He's on the backfoot when it comes to dominance with the two of you!

Great post, waiting eagerly for next!

... Missing Anakin. :( [face_batting] [face_whistling]

Cheers_Cazza@};-

16. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Padme's really in deep now! I hope she knows what she's doing.[face_worried]

17. Kelia-Lily

Kelia-Lily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    **Apologies for the lack of author replies this week - we'll get to them this week :D **

Current PM list

Across_The_Stars-24
    Amidala66
    Anakin_luver
    AnakinLuver
    Daenarrah
    Delta-7starfighter
    FitJedi
    G_Anakin
    JadeSolo
    Jedi_Master_Cazz
    Jedi_princess18
    Jediarym
    lady_sapphire
    Lea-El
    Michaellover
    MoAngel
    Penpadme
    Randomangel22
    RyooNaberrie
    Star_Angel
    TnTornado
    VA_Parky
    VaderLVR64
    WendyGage

Chapter 8

Padme sighed, shutting off her com link in frustration. Anakin had just informed her he would be tied up at the Senate all morning an unable to come see her to complete his questioning until sometime that afternoon leaving her with several hours with nothing to do. She was desperate to begin looking into Senator Zar?s death but Palpatine had made it clear she was to take the day off from work so showing up at the Senate for any reason was out of the question.

'Just when things were all starting to proceed well all this had to happen', Padme mused. If Palpatine was indeed behind Fang Zar?s assassination, then he was doing an excellent job of trying to cover it up. And if he was behind it then why was he so happy to have Anakin working on the case? This was so confusing even for her and she had Bail and Mon Mothma counting on her.

?There must be something I can do now,? she groaned resisting the urge to curse Palpatine?s kind heart. She had no doubt he was only thinking of what was best for her and she appreciated it but she only discovered Senator Zar and as horrifying as that was, she wasn?t so fragile that it would render her incapable of continuing to work. ?It?s a good thing his receptionist didn?t find him,? Padme thought and froze.

His receptionist! Padme remembered meeting her briefly the day before while trying to contact Senator Zar. They had exchanged pleasantries and even laughed when they realized they lived in the same building. ?I can start by interviewing Nyla,? she thought with a start. If Palpatine was gracious enough to give her the day off, surely Nyla would have been as well.

Padme felt very relieved to know that she could at least make use of this time off. She entered the turbolift and dialed in the floor she wanted; it was time to get some answers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Padme anxiously rang the bell to Nyla?s apartment hoping she would be willing to speak with her.

?Yes?? A diminutive young woman whose tear stained face was lined with grief opened the door.

?Nyla?? Padme smiled softly. ?I?m Padme Naberrie, the Chancellor?s assistant. I just stopped by to see how you were doing.?

?Padme, it?s nice to see you again. Please come in.? Nyla wiped her tears and held the door open. ?It?s so nice of the Chancellor to send you to check up on me.? She smiled gratefully. ?He?s such a kind man.?

?Yes.? Padme followed her into the small living room uneasily. ?It?s probably better that I don?t mention Palpatine didn?t send me,? she thought as they settled next to each other on the room?s only couch. ?How are you this morning?? she asked as they settled next to each other on the room?s only couch.

?As well as can be expected,? Nyla sniffed. ?I still can?t believe the Senator is dead.?

Padme patted her arm gently in sympathy. She took a deep breath and hoped that Nyla wouldn?t become either defensive or suspicious. ?It was a shock. Do you know anyone who would have wanted to hurt him??

Nyla shook her head emphatically. ?No. Everyone loved Senator Zar, even the Senators who didn?t agree with him politically liked him personally. And how could he not be safe in his own office!? She pounded the cushions angrily. ?What good is that stupid surveillance system when a Senator is still murdered in his own office!?

?It might help you to know the Chancellor has asked the Jedi to officially investigate,? Padme said quietly.

Nyla?s head snapped up. ?The Jedi?? she whispered hopefully.

Padme nodded.

?That?s w

18. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Very interesting, hmm, I wonder what Anakin will tell her, if he will tell her anything.

And I can understand Padmé?s frustration.

Wonderful update and I?m really looking forward to read more.

19. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh yes, very interesting indeed! [face_thinking] And what a smart idea for Padme to pay a visit to Nyla!!! It's a shame she didn't know more... but now Padme has a better idea of how things work around there. Hopefully that will help, at least!

And Anakin! You need to ignore your dutuies and go visit Padme this instant! I'm feeling the need for some Ani/Padme interaction! :D

Great update! Thanks for the PM!

20. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Wonderful update again... Padme is trying anything to get answers,but I hope she doesn't over step her boundaries. But then again if she got kidnapped or injured a certain Jedi would have to come to her aid. hmm. Ok I'll stop now.

21. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    [face_thinking] hmm very interesting...so padme's gotta a hunch there. darn you why did you have to stop the chapter right there i wanted to see padme and anakin together [face_laugh]!!! excellent update!!

22. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    I like Nyla,interesting name for a character.:D

Smart thinking for Padme to talk to her outside of the official investigation.[face_thinking]

Good work
    =D==D==D=

Thanks for the PM@};-

23. Kelia-Lily

Kelia-Lily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    AN: And here are the belated review replies for chapter 7, sorry again about the lateness.

G__Anakin: Great Chapter thanks for the PM

You?re most welcome. Thanks!

Across_The_Stars-24: Thanks for the pm. The chapter was great.

You're welcome, thanks!

Padme does not like Palpatine coddling her. She had a great respect for the murdered senator. I thought it was cute that she would not let her attraction to Anakin stand in her way heed investigation. She is really worried about the jedi investigation in her way to heed her investigation.

Yes exactly. Padme is definitely tredding in unfamiliar territory and wants to be careful.

Bail is now starting to get desperate since the murdered senator changed his vote that morning.

Yup.

I think Palpatine ordered his murder by his henchmen. He doesn't seem the typed to sullen his hands with the dirty work.
    I guess we'll see.

You sure will. :)

AnakinLuver: Oooh! Things are about to get very interesting indeed!

Thank you!!

I love Padme's internal battles... and she is very worried about Anakin leading the investigation... something is going to happen isn't it?

Yup, but you'll have to wait to see what.

and Bail's beginning to suspect things as well as Padme...

Of course.

I hope nothing happens to Bail... that would be awful...

It sure would.

Senator Haiken doesn't seem respectable anymore... or is it really him?

If it is then something has happened to make him change his opinion.

Lea-El: Thanks for the pm.

You're welcome.

Intriguing post ...if I change my mindyou'll know something wrong hum!

Glad you liked it.

Good work

Thank you!!

Star_Angel: Interesting and amazing update.

Thank you!

?How can he keep my attention like this when I?m not even in the same room??
    Well, he is Ani so it?s not as shocking as one might think.

Exactly...[face_love]

Thanks for the pm.

Welcome.

MoAngel: Ahh, the intrigue knows no bounds. Very good chapter, well except for the no Anakin part!

Thank you and don't worry Anakin will be back. How could Padme go without him anyways?

lady_sapphire: Well...I told you. Things are going to get very interesting on all fronts now I guess.

Most definitely.

Thanks for the PM!

You're welcome.

penpadme: Oh, and the mystery deepens. I hope that Anakin will not get lost in the lies and Padme will see what is truly important in all of this... Anakin!

Yes, Anakin is more important than those silly politicians. Well except for Bail of course.:D

FitJedi: Oh I can't wait to see where Padme's investigation leads! So exciting. I can't wait for the next installment.

We're so glad you're enjoying this!

VA_Parky: Ah, what an ominous final statement to end on!

Glad you thought so.

Another great chapter though! How much do I love Bail in this story? He is so great - and how brazen! To pass a secret message to Padme in the middle of the hallway? AWESOME!

Yes, Bail is such a wonderful character. It's a pity there aren't more stories about him.

Oh man, I cannot wait to see what's going to happen next!!!

:D

Thanks for the PM, you two!

You're welcome.

JediLara: And the plot thickens.

Definitely.

I wonder just how much of a role Sen Heiken played in Zar's death?

You'll see.

Very nice update

Thank you.

anakin_luver: Ohhhhhhhh...indeed, VERY interesting

We're happy you think so.

Padme, Padme, Padme...thinking about Anakin again are you?

How could she not?

Bail is very sly when he wants to be isn't he?

Of course.

I can't wait til the next post! Great chap!

Thanks!

JadeSolo: Sure he will! I liked B

24. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    and the mystery thickens!

you have me really curious! i hope Anakin found something out...but i get the feeling that you will keep us hanging. :p

can't wait til the next update!

25. delta-7starfighter

delta-7starfighter Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Interesting. Talking to Nyla was a smart move.:) I'm glad she benifited from it.

Great update! Thanks for the PM!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.