main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A New Beginning - congratulations Knight Durhelediel :)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Title: A New Beginning
    Author: Layren
    Rating: G
    Summary: Just a short piece for my padawan's knighting -- I love you sweetie! I almost cried while I was writing :p You're all grown up ..
    Disclaimer -- all recognizable characters belong to the Great Flanneled One ...

Jedi Master Layren Tho'lan sighed as she knelt in the center of her living room floor on one of her meditation mats. Today was a day that was both dreaded and craved at the same time for today her padawan, Durhelediel would be knighted. She had taught her everything she could and she knew her padawan was ready -- but she still knew it would be hard to let go.

/Was it this hard when Master Qui-Gon knighted me?/ She thought to herself with a sad smile of bittersweet remembrance. She remembered her knighting day as one of the happiest in her life. She hadn't considered the effect it would have on her Master leaving him alone. She had been filled with an indescribable joyous feeling on that occasion and her Master had taken her out to dinner to celebrate along with her closest friends.

Padawan. She thought of the word and what it meant. Bonds forged in trust, friendship and love. The bond had grown through their various trials they had endured. Her padawan had been through a lot of medical and emotional trauma recently with this last mission and she knew she would always have struggles. Just because her padawan ship was over did not mean that her padawan wouldn't have someone to go to if she needed it. Quite the contrary Layren had said that her door would always be open no matter how late if her apprentice needed her.

The knighting ceremony was scheduled for that afternoon. She slowly stood to work the kinks out of her muscles from sitting so long. She had risen long before her apprentice to give her and extra chance to sleep in and to make her favorite breakfast. Her padawan would sleep in until noon if given the chance and today she decided to be lenient and allow it even though she really wanted to wake her and give her a giant hug. There would be time enough for those this afternoon. She sighed as she went to go make breakfast. To her great surprise the door chime rang and she wondered who could be visiting her this early.

She went to the door and smiled upon seeing her former Master, Qui-Gon Jinn. "Good morning." He greeted. "I hope I didn't wake you, I thought you could use some company today."

"Yes Master. I?m glad you stopped by. How did you know?"

He smiled slyly. "Just because I'm getting old doesn't mean I've lost it all yet you know. If I told you my sources I couldn't use them anymore." He smirked a little and then became serious. "The bond doesn't ever dissolve completely. I may not be able to sense you're exact thoughts these days but I still can tell various moods. I thought you needed a companion."

"So I did." She said as she poured him a glass of tea. "I've just been thinking of Durhelediel. She's grown so much but I hate to let go. Was it this hard when I was knighted?"

He smiled wistfully. "Indeed it was one of the hardest things I had to do. One of the hardest parts of growing up is realizing that those under your care no longer need your guidance."

"I am finally realizing that. Jedi aren't supposed to have any attachments but we still are bonded to those we nurture and protect."

"Yes." He nodded to show his agreement. "That is so."

She took a breath. " I would like for you and Master Josel, his wife Lana and Master Ly'rath to attend the knighting ceremony this afternoon." A knighting ceremony was a very personal one and only close friends and some of the high council members were usually invited as witness.

"I would never even dream of missing it, padawan." He replied as he sipped the last of his tea. "I will inform Kyran and Devin that you want them to be there if you don't think you'll have time to contact them before this afternoon."

"Please." She said earnestly. She handed him several pieces of toast and some home made spread that she had mad

2. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    ::stares in shock at the shorn braid:: So many emotions swirl through me: pride, happiness, sadness, and even a touch of fear of the unknown.

Thank you, Master Layren, for thinking that I am ready.

::wraps former Master in big hug:: I hope I make you proud of me.

3. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    [:D] you're welcome -- glad You liked the ficcie :D Of course you will ;) I have complete confidence in you ...

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    How sweet and surely memorable!!! Congrads Knight Durhelediel!!!
    And good luck for exploring the unknown! :D

(edit: Happy b'day Layren!!)

5. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Awwww... This was sweet. Congrats to Durhelediel. @};- =D=

Happy b-day Layren! [face_monkey] You deserve a monkey! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.