main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA A NEW BEGINNING

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Drgnfyre4, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drgnfyre4

Drgnfyre4 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    It is my hope that we find something meaningful and enjoyable about this group. Since joining I have seen to it that we have begun informative threads such as a "how to " section and others have put together a group photo album to chronicle our gatherings. And others still have begun organizing participation in local fundraisers pertinent to our geographical demographic. Two seperate families have organized and held group events that have been attended and documented and more are already in the works. I myself went to the effort to represent us to the fine folks at Master Replicas at this years San Diego comicon and was warmly recieved by several members of the San Diego Fan Force and was asked personally to participate in thier photo to be taken the next day. Still others of our group represented us in a newspaper interview.
    This is only a taste of what this group can accomplish as long as we maintain forward momentum. I personally am now going to redouble my efforts to create a NEW, responsible, family friendly image for this group. The facts are tangible and real where the hard work lately has been done.
    I feel we need to define what we want as both individuals and as a group what we want from the IEFF experience. I do not believe that we can in any way survive if personal power plays rule our judgments. To me, being a part of fandom IN ANY GENRE boils down to being able to gleen some happiness and comradery with others who share in this passion. Wether it is simply sheer enjoyment of the films or participating in other aspects such as conventions, costuming or trooping with the 501st, respect for one another as human beings must come first. On many other boards and fan groups I belong to we occasionaly remind one another that it about hapiness inmany ways to many different people, and when it stops being fun, and becomes a power struggle, then everyone loses. Besides, who really wants to be known as tyrant over a STAR WARS club...go ahead, say it out loud...sounds silly doesnt it? I would like to see this become a place where we can share our love of the Star Wars universe, feel safe to share our thoughts and opinions, and feel like a part of a community. The outside world of mundanes are cruel enough to those "geeky trekkie types" lets make this a safe place for one another. Whatever it is you want or need from being a part of this board I wish to help you find it and would hope that those out there would wish the same for me. In a world where people are blowing one another up and blood covers subway walls and children cry for the loss of thier parents, I would hope deep in my heart at least "a galaxy far far away..." can be a welcome place for us who dream of a better tomorrow.

2. Drgnfyre4

Drgnfyre4 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
  3. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    Someone tried to post a suggestions thread a few weeks back but it got locked...how about a round robin thread for positive ideas of things people want from being part of this group? Like a "what this group means to me" or "things I'd like to see" thread? No complaints, but just a place to express personal wishes for the group. It could be a good springboard for us in identifying our group purpose and mission statement.

Just a thought.

4. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    I just read this. Been a long week with back pain. Anyhow, I am in agreement that we all need to get along. It has seemed for sometime us "newbies" have been attacked in some way.
    This group to myself and my husband was something that we saw that we both enjoy and wanted to participate in together. It is something that we hoped we could include our children in as they also love Star Wars. Perhaps love is a strong word.
    I's liek to say more but don't want any locked topics....again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.