main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A New Beginning

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Vergere, Aug 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    thanks jade and liz!

i even have another post in the works. now how often does that happen?

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Must be nice to have freetime. :)
    You've got a lot of action going in that last post. And you have another coming. Cool :)

I've missed you at my story. Catch you later.
    :)

:D I'm sending happy thoughts today!

3. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    aw thanks, rebelmom! i miss your fic, and i wish i could just find the time to get my act together and catch up on everything. don't even tell me how far behind i am....eek!

looklook! another page! :D...is that good or bad?

4. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Oooh, very good. :)

5. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Hey V
    good last post..
    nice action..

up

6. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
  7. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    thanks jade! :) my faithful upper

here's just a tiny blurb...

Han lunged through the newly-made opening and landed hard on the deck of the Yuuzhan Vong ship, Anakin on his heals. It had taken them a considerable amount of time to simply cut through the hull?their weapon of choice being that of a lightsaber. Firstly, the violet blade could barely cut through without flickering out of existence. Then, they had discovered that the hull was self-repairing and closed in on itself where ever there was an unnatural opening. So after they had found a sufficient makeshift frame for the door, father and son had finally made it to the other side.

Anakin kicked in the frame and let the wall close around a ration bar he pulled quickly from his belt. ?So we know where the Falcon is later,? he explained. Han nodded and smirked. This whole escapade reminded him a little too much of one of Lando?s stories from when he went hunting for the Teljkon Vagabond with Lobot and the droids.

?Do you know where they are?? Han asked, pulling his blaster from its holster.

Anakin nodded and pointed down the corridor. ?That way, I think they?re close by.?

?...we?ve lost life support, the bridge is in flames, losses account for half the crew...? The captain of the New Republic star destroyer trailed off. Despite the situation, his expression remained alert and disciplined.

Admiral Kre?fey glanced at the holoprojection and found the ship whose captain he was currently speaking to. It was tilting just above the mass of the Yuuzhan Vong mother ship, and it was very apparent that the pilots were fighting to gain control of the failing ship. ?Did you order all personnel to abandon ship?? He breathed, knowing that there was no saving the SD this time.

?Yes, sir, but...well, there isn?t much hope of surviving out there than in here.?

?Well put. Do you have any maneuverability at all??

?Barely. We have techs working on that at the moment.? The man paused, then added, ?Admiral, the crew and I are fully prepared to sacrifice ourselves for the good of the New Republic.?

Kre?fey nodded tightly, admiring the man?s patriotism. ?Allow any personnel who wants to live an escape pod. Then, ram the main Vong ship.?

The man nodded as well, accepting the fateful orders without a flinch. ?As ordered.? He saluted.

The Bothan returned the salute. ?You?re a good Captain, you?ll be much missed.?

?Thank you, sir.? The man signed off.

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    thanks for posting again. I hope to read more soon. :) School almost out?

9. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    thank you rebelmom! :)

i have 13 more days!

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Oooh, nice, a post, even if it is short. :)

11. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    AWESOME V
    THANKS!!

he he
    up

12. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    ok X-FILES RULES!

(i had to get that out, jade understands what i mean)

thanks to becca and jade!

i'm going to try to finish writing this very soon, because i have no idea how much i'll be able to visit the JC during June--especially at the end of the month. we're also about 2 posts from the climax and a few after that and we hit the epilogue(yay! finally!:D)

just thought i'd clue you guys in on my plan :)

13. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    uh huh baby!!

They finally figured out the Truth..

and how cute was it??

sweet

anyone want to know what i'm talking about..he he

check out this page..
    http://www.ddgallery.net/season8/existence/existence2.htm

BUT BE WARNED THERE ARE SPOILERS AMUCK

14. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    another shorty here, but we're moving along. :)

?Where?re the Imperials when you need ?em?? Han grumbled as he sneaked a look around the corner. Six Yuuzhan Vong warriors stood guard at the mouth of the corridor that would?according to Anakin?lead them to Luke.

?Right here.? Han jumped at the voice. He turned on his heal, and found an Imperial team staring at him intently. ?We were told to find you and heed your orders,? the woman in front continued. She held her hand out to him. ?Hi, I?m Lieutenant Gish.?

?Han Solo,? he took the proffered hand and motioned to Anakin with a nod. ?This is my son, Anakin.?

?So, Han Solo, do you have a plan?? Gish, an average sized woman with piercing hazel eyes, stared him down, expectancy in her hard gaze.

Han paused, and then flashed his most cocky smile. ?I always have a plan.? His smile faded as she continued to stare at him. Han cleared his throat. ?Well, Anakin here knows that the people we?re here to save are beyond that hallway. If we can get through those guards...?

?Do you have detonators?? Anakin broke in, his face alight with an idea.

?Yeah,? Gish motioned to one of her subordinates and was handed a box, ?here.?

Anakin took the box, opened it, and found eight thermal detonators within. ?Good. I?ll float these down the hall with the Force and explode them. Can you distract whatever warriors come to investigate the explosion??

The woman nodded readily, and the heads of the eleven others behind her bobbed likewise. Anakin took a deep breath and chose three of the small bombs. He seized them with the Force, and once he was positive of his grip on them, he snuck around the corner and propelled them towards the warriors on guard so that they floated silently behind them at shoulder level. He pushed the detonation buttons forward.

They crouched against the floor and plugged their ears against the ensuing explosion. Before the dust had settled, they were all running at full speed down the hallway.

15. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Ooooh, a post! :D

16. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000

up

17. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    whoo hoo V
    it was short but it was nice

:)
    good job

18. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    i am on a roll!

Luke Skywalker evaded another thud bug and got a solid Force grip around the alien?s throat. He was just about to squeeze when the distant sound of blasters distracted his concentration. He sighed with relief, and finished off the warrior.

Never had the sound of blaster fire been so welcome.

?Luke!? That was Han. Luke turned to the voice and saw his long time friend running towards him, a team of Imperials on his heels. In the corner of his mind?s eye, he noticed Anakin had ignited his lightsaber and was fighting the Vong. ?Luke, you all right??

?We will be once we?re off?? he broke off abruptly as the floor shifted with a sudden jarring motion, throwing everyone hard against the wall.

The wind knocked out of him, Luke struggled to his feet.

?What the hell was that?? Han demanded to no one in particular. As if in explanation, his commlink beeped. ?Leia??

?Han, you have to get out of there,? her voice came through urgently. ?One of our ships just rammed the ship you?re on!?

?Are you alright??

?I?m fine! Just get out of there.?

?Okay, hold on.? Han thought fast. How would they be able to make it all the way back to the Falcon from here? ?Leia, get the Falcon out of there. We can get out on an Imperial shuttle.? He looked quickly to Gish for a confirmation; she nodded hastily.

?I?m not leaving you!? came the protest.

?Yes, you are! Now get out of there??

?I?ll be fine, quit worrying about me.?

?Leia??

?Han,? Luke?s hand came to rest on his brother-in-law?s forearm, ?She?ll be okay, and she does have a point. I was talking to Lieutenant Gish and she says her transport is further away than the Falcon.?

?Great,? he blew out a breath. ?Fine, but be prepared to get away quick.? He replaced the comm on his belt and looked to Luke. ?Round up your team, Luke, we gotta get moving.?

-----

?High Priest, the Jeedai cannot be contained. The ship has been rammed, and the damage is too much to be repaired quickly enough.?

Akkaize stared down the aide, fury building within him. ?The Jeedai must be defeated. Send all of the troops, if you have to, but do not let them escape!?

?I will deliver the message, High Priest.? The aide left.

Akkaize turned back to the battle, his expression turning to one of disgust. These infidels had not proven to be so...persistent...before. Perhaps the missions reports filed before the invasion had been false. Akkaize extended his arm to its fullest length and allowed the amphistaff he kept under the folds of skin to slither out. He had been allowed the honor of this special weapon upon the eve of his promotion to High Priest. It would come in great value now; he couldn?t trust the troops to defeat the Jeedai, and so he would do so himself.

19. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
  20. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    Whoa! I'm finally caught up. . .sheesh, a person stays off the computer for a few weeks and suddenly the whole place is a-changin'! Stories are twice as long as they were before, new stories have come and gone! :)

I'm glad I found this one again, though! :D

21. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Wow, I missed so many posts!!! They're so good Vergere! You'er stories alwasy seem to catch the great theme of Star Wars, Space and gruond battles, angst and love. I love it :D :D :D

22. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    wow thanks guys

glad you're back KM! speaking of catching up...i have a few of your fics that need reading...as well as a few others [face_shocked]

i was hoping to have more up last night but it didn't happen...hopefully we'll get there tonight :)

23. jade51999

Nov 5, 1999
    YEAAA VEREGRE!

AWESOME!

24. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    so i was trying to type a post last night and my entire computer kept lagging! then the cable went out which blocked me from internet access(sorry, that's why i got off so suddenly, jade). needless to say, i hate my computer and the post didn't get done ;)

sorry, i'll try for tomorrow since today i'm busy

25. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Awww, it's ok! My computer gives me trouble too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.