A new contest to "complete the circle" (serious one-- read!)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by wixmmm, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    I know it's finished, I was referring to Macho's post.

Dark Redemption could be a good choice... but I think we might have trouble contacting the director... does anyone know how to contact him?

Cya
    Mike
  2. Gardulo Jedi Knight

star 3
  3. Darth Virru Jedi Master

star 2
    I'd love to...but not sure if I can yet with this computer. My computer is at school, this one is a 300Mhz Cyrix *cough*crap*cough*. I might attempt it anyway.
  4. Shadoe42 Jedi Knight

star 3
    The concept is intriguing. I would like to get in on this one. Something right up my alley.

Shadoe
    MSP Prophet.. hmm can we guess which program I will edit on? hehe
  5. grand_admiral_ewok Jedi Master

star 4
    The director's called Peter Mether. I wonder if it'd be possible to contact him through TFN Fanfilms?
  6. ExFilms Jedi Master

star 4
  7. Darth Virru Jedi Master

star 2
    Soooo . . . . . um . . . . . . which movie? <long pause>

Anyone?

Anyone at all . . . .

So be it. Close Encounters of the Third Kind it is!!! BWA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
  8. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    Well... daft suggested that I not go with a pack, and it makes sense.

It looks like we will have an actual fanfilm that will have to be downloaded, and from that you can use it however you want to make a trailor.

The current top runner is Duality to make the trailor for, I suggest this because the TFN servers are currently slow, and the duality server is always very nice... i'm thinking the trailors can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes. We need to keep filesizes down...

The top 10 trailors would then be selected by the creator of the fanfilm chosen.

Any comments?

Cya
    Mike
  9. Dezion-Karr Jedi Knight

star 3
    I guess whether or not we personally liked the film isnt important. Don't jump on me but personally, I really am not all that fond of Duality. Just my $0.02. Anyway...

I like letting the film maker chose who made it... but that could become more personal preference ~ them chosing to see which trailer is closer to their own vision, and... isn't this supposed to be about all of our visions? Just a thought.

Peace

~DK~
  10. buliwif Jedi Master

star 4
    is it duality then? i'm itchin to get started! just say the word and the editing will start!
  11. Darth Virru Jedi Master

star 2
  12. ExFilms Jedi Master

star 4

Have you decided how long the trailer should be?

13. Krapitino Jedi Master

star 4
    For the record, I wanna play too!
  14. Darth Virru Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah, so . . . um . . . . seeing as I'm on 56k right now, I'd like to start d/ling whatever movie it is now. Since this computer is one of the new ULTRASLOW computers that will be able to render 1min of footage every 24 hours or so...

I also felt it was necessary to not let this fall to the depths of the second page! *gasp*
  15. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    heh, u can count the newbie in! (that'd be me, ofcourse) me and my 56k modem and adobe premiere are ready for some action (i dunno if my website is though)
  16. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm still in. But good luck getting permission to use Duality, bud.

M. Scott
  17. grand_admiral_ewok Jedi Master

star 4
    OK so confirm these things for me if you would, wixmmm:

*As soon as you get the go ahead from the fanfilm maker, we start work.

*We make a trailer for the fanfilm in question.

*What must the approx running time be? 2 mins maybe?

*May the footage be altered in any way (like reversed or colour modifications)?

Finally, I think Duality is excellent visually and choreographically (is that a real word? who cares), but that's about it. But I am more than happy to partake in making its 'Trailor' as you say.
  18. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    Listen, Duality was an EXAMPLE I haven't checked my pms yet, so i hope that rive didn't pm me all angry.

But yes, once the fanfilm has been chosen we go ahead with the downloading and editing of the trailors. (i will not participate).

The trailor can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 1.5 minutes I am thinking... MAYBE 2. We need to keep bandwidth in mind.

And for one more record, the fanfilm maker DOES NOT choose the winner, but rather, incase there are too many entrants, he chooses the top 10. Although the fanfilm maker DOES have the right to only choose 7 if he really things those are the only ones worthy.

Remember, it would be his creation we'd be playing with on the net... so I think that term would be perfectly acceptable.

NO fanfilm has been selected yet... I'm asking YOU GUYS for suggestions. SO far I've only heard people say "NOT this fanfilm" (and one vote for Dark Redemption).

Remember, with tfn currently slow, tfn movies might be out of the question... MIGHT.

So what are the suggestions... lets get this going.

Cya
    Mike

PS: I have an unused POP3 amail account at gamespy. It has unlimited use and space, so I figure the trailors can be emailed there... now just for HOSTING the trailors... I am considering hosting them on gamespy, but that could be risky, as I don't want to get booted. (it's not metal gear solid related...)

ANY help with the actual hosting would be MUCH appreciated.

19. Darth_Redicolous Jedi Master

star 3
  20. Dezion-Karr Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll suggest Essence of the Force.

~DK~
  21. _Vengeance_ Jedi Master

star 4
    heh... heh heh... heh heh heh... hahahahahahahaha! How about TROOPS? Seriuosly, you could make such a funny trailer outta that!

And if no one else wants TROOPS how about............ A Question of Faith?
  22. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    WIX: I'm not worried about Rive...

M. Scott
  23. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    Dorkman: OOOOOHHHHHHH. I get it now.

Here's a thought: Dark Skies???

Cya
    Mike
  24. predinator Jedi Knight

star 3
    Instead of choosing a single film, why dont we all have a go at making a trailer for TFN fanfilms in general? That way we could incorporate parts of any film hosted by TFN, and make a trailer for the website.

What do you guys think?
  25. wixmmm Jedi Master

star 4
    While that's a good idea I think that there would be just too manly variables involved... like, certain people can't download all the movies and such.

Also, one major thing of this competition is seeing how people take the same things (as close as possible) and are able to make completely different things with them.

Cya
    Mike
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.