main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A New Destiny" -- same universe, different destinies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Nov 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Hello fellow Star Wars freaks!!! :-D

I really shouldn't be posting this story yet, but I want to just get it started so I can tinker with it while I wait for co-authors on other stories and such.

If this title has been used, don't beat me! I'm so little and frail, and I think there's some sort of law against that . . .

Anyhoo. This story is going to feature many characters and their lives after Ep3, and taking on an completely different story. The OT will be non-existant once this story is completed. It'll be long, I know that. It will also be taking on many of the events in "Embers of a Dying Age", but Sabe hasn't died. (Yay!) OT characters will be featured, and this story does not revolve around Amidala, Sabe, or Obi-Wan, although they will be in the main characters in the beginning.

"A NEW DESTINY"

**Foreword**

Six years after the fall of the Republic, the galaxy is under the strangled
    hold of the Empire. The Jedi Knights are extinct, and their memory has
    been vanquished from minds by fear and force. A small, underground
    movement has commenced, its goal to overthrow the Empire and bring
    freedom to the galaxy.

Under a pirate attack where Imperial patrols intervened, Sabé Mabriee
    Kenobi and former Queen Amidala of the Naboo were separated. Fleeing
    to Tatooine, Mabriee Kenobi lived a year with assumed dead Obi-Wan
    Kenobi. Amidala did not return to Tatooine, becoming a member of the
    Rebellion.

Wounded in battle, Amidala was captured by Imperial forces, imprisoned
    with her injuries treated under orders of Lord Darth Vader. Mabriee has
    set out to find the former Queen, leaving her husband behind . . .**

Chapter One
    ?The Welcoming?

The blinding white of the Imperial Medical frigate ?Dark Shield? was deathly silent, save for the quiet tones of the observation machinery, and the black, hissing menace stalking the row. White stormtroopers stood guard at their posts, ram-rod straight, their black eyes vacant of feeling while tracing Lord Darth Vader?s heavy steps. The black clad Sith had tormented the medical bays for months now, having trounced upon the healing vessel with his malicious order.

The injured and healing turned white as he passed, praying silently to any gods that this black terror would pass them by without a glance. Everyday, they watched as this ugly creature they revered entered the long medical wing, his contingent in-step behind his billowing cape. He would pass through, as if only to weaken them, spread more pain. Vader would pass them all, retreating to a private chamber, his guards taking post at the closed entrance, droids and doctors excusing themselves immediately.

No one knew his purpose, no one tried to imagine what poor soul was daily punished behind the white door.

Darth Vader entered the small chamber alone, sensing the air compress and hiss as the door slid shut, his own controlled breathing echoing in the deathly quiet. He noted with humorless irony he was simply another machine accompanying and observing the unconscious figure resting under the white sheets. Unlike the machines, though, he could not administer any good. He was a machine of destruction, thriving on the hot coils of the Force.

Following the continuous routine that was almost protocol, he lowered himself to the stiff chair beside the medical bed, satisfied no wires ran from the woman?s frail body to any machines. Almost absently, he was aware of the risk he was taking harboring the rebel. Lord Sidious suspected nothing, and Vader found no need to mention the issue. Discovery would be a small setback, and his case was not lost.

And the Emperor need not know how the rebel survived. Vader didn?t want to analyze his actions at all. The Force had been strong, and he had obeyed its command, not ordering it. The rush of emotions, memories, and instincts had returned, sending him into weeks of confusion and misdirection. Long meditations between medical observations had set him at ease. The Dark Side had allowed it, and what was

2. Uisceban

Uisceban Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2000
    Very good, ou have my interest straight away.

3. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    This is very good, Amidolee!!! I'll be a reader, but I'm to busy to be a co.

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm not looking for co-authors for this story.

Glad you all like it! There'll be more soon!

5. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Ooooo! Great beginning! I'm hooked already. Give us more soon Amidolee!

6. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Wonderful writing Ami!
    Great beginning!

7. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Very nice. The one thing you need to improve on is the amount of posts you've made.:-D

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks all!! :-D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The sharp aroma of heated spice and fuel hit Sabé Mabriee Kenobi?s nose as she stepped off the ancient freighter onto the technological world of Zaneeta. She clutched her small satchel of possessions protectively, her entire body alert to the smallest hint of trouble, the Force surging around her. Calcutta was the capital city of the Zanc system, located on Zaneeta?s equator. The hot, muggy atmosphere only added to the miserable setting. She felt her credit pouch rub against her thigh, hidden beneath her gray, cinched cloak. Gamblers, traders, Imperials, and pirates mingled together, thumbing blasters and casting suspicious eyes over anyone not recognized, and scowling at anyone they knew.

Her sharp eyes scanned the directories written in Basic, Huttese, and several other languages. She ran her tongue along the top of her mouth, searching for the transportation services. Her stomach fluttered nervously, knowing if Obi-Wan?s contact had been captured or killed, she was out of luck. It had been years since Obi-Wan had last known the whereabouts of an old pilot that had befriended the Jedi years and years ago. Frazz, as the Rweekan had been called, had flown Jedi across the galaxy, but had retired a year before the Purge had begun. Any connection to the Jedi had been erased, as all volunteers were, only being remembered in the lives they?d touched.

His last known residence had been on Zaneeta.

Reciting the code number, Sabé followed the flow of travelers, instinctively keeping her distance from the various stormtrooper patrols. She brought the Force tightly around her without extinguishing it. The moving walkways swept her away from the grunge of the spaceport, and she could breathe more suitable air. Although bodies were crushed together, Sabé couldn?t feel more alone. Sadly, she thought back to her stay on Tatooine. The circumstances of her stay had been dire, and she no longer could ignore the fact that Amidala had disappeared, even when in Obi-Wan?s arms. She desperately wanted to stay with her husband, but she could not when Amidala was somewhere out there, needing her handmaiden?s protection.

Obi-Wan had tried to reason. It was a large galaxy, and a missing persons search would only put everyone involved in danger from the Empire. Sabé had fought that she would have to search herself then. The Jedi Knight understood her calling, but he had not been pleased. He?d resulted to begging, but Sabé had stubbornly left. Their good-bye had been painful, and she had almost turned back, if not for the Force pulsing through her love for Obi-Wan that estranged her from the two people she loved most in the universe.

Holding back a depressed sigh, Sabé shouldered her way through the crowd, breaking free at the Calcutta Inner-World Trans-Line. It was jammed as well, and she felt her stomach tighten at the sight of Imperial Customs Officers flocking the exits. She had no weapons, and there was nothing about her that would alert them. The Force-tracers were no longer used, now that the Jedi were dead. If she was calm, they would think nothing of her.

She waited her turn, silently reciting the data Obi-Wan had given her on Tatooine. Hopefully, Frazz hadn?t moved to new quarters.

?ID,? the customs officer barked as the line moved.

?Yes, sir,? Sabé said in an intimidated tone. She presented the ID disk, letting her eyes wander while it was scanned. If she stared at the disc, the Imperials may become suspicious. It was a false ID, of course, but state-of-the art and flawless under a regular scanner.

?Proceed,? he said, allowing her through.

Sabé didn?t sigh, didn?t smile, just nodded and hurried through, finding yet another ticket line. Her final destination was the city of Caracs. It was a smaller city to the north, and almost ignored by the Imperial patrols surrounding the more disreputable equator sectors. Most likely, she?d have to make several s

9. Toga_Sith

Toga_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    The threads on the forum go "Up and Down, Up and Down" . . . Don't mind me, I'm psychotic!

10. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Very good post, Amidolee!

11. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    I'd go nuts if I tired to write more than one story at a time!

I like it too, it has a different flavor and of course, I love anything AU! I'll try not to hound you to death with my begging for more posts! :D

12. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Great storie Amidolee! :) I never grow tired of reading au's........ :)

13. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    Oooh....A new story. Does this mean, that Luke and Leia will also have a different lifestyle than the one they knew? Luke and Leia Vader?

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'll have a post up in a little bit, K?

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -

A cold, gray cloud had settled over her body. It was like being trapped underwater and looking up towards the sunlight, but her limbs were leaden with the pressure of the water. Muddy, gray water. Like the polluted gutters of Coruscant. The warmth had left the mud, and it was only this cold reality and harsh light.

Then the sounds . . .
    There hadn?t been sound before, and now she could hear the sound of an empty room. There was a soft click of an atmospheric computer adjusting the cold, recycled air.

Her throat felt scratchy, and she realized she could *feel* her mouth with her tongue, could *feel* the cold, *hear* the hissing of the ventilation system. It was such an extraordinary occurrence, that she was motivated to test this new ground. With caution born purely from hibernation, she concentrated on her eyelids, finding the simple action of opening them difficult. Determined to win this battle, she pushed the heavy weights open.

A blinding light assaulted her, and she shut them with a whimper, her hands automatically flying to her face, the reflex sending sparks of pain through her cold limbs. Breathing deeply and forcing the pain away, she slowly removed her hands, squinting in the light. Gradually, her eyes adjusted, and she turned her head on the hard pillow, frowning in confusion at her surroundings.

Wasn?t she suppose to have died? Executed for her traitorous acts against the Empire? Padmé remembered the day well. The Imperial attack on the rebellion?s newly advised base, being ordered to evacuate by her commander, then the small frigate being boarded by Imperials. She?d been shot in the chest, alone in the corridor of dead bodies, bleeding and feeling her life slip away.

Then out of the arid smoke he?d appeared, as if to finalize her death. The pain had been to great, her body had shattered and she?d collapsed at the black feet, as if bowing to the dark evil. She remembered the dark red blood staining the leather, the red a brilliant banner in her darkening world. How wonderful to die at her love?s feet, she?d thought. Padmé had expected Darth Vader to order her death to his stormtroopers. Her ears had been pounding when the deep voice had ordered them away. Then she?d collapsed to the floor, her lungs screaming in pain and for air. Blood covered her right breast, running down her arm and torso, onto that black creature. He?d knelt down, as gentle as when she?d met him. He?d cradled her as she coughed blood all over his frightening mask. She had stared at him, unable to cry, and comforted that at least she was with Ani, if only to lose him again.

Then she had died.

Padmé frowned now. How could she be here? Where was here? Before she could dwell on these questions, the door hissed open and two white-cloaked doctors entered. The Imperial insignia marked their right chests, and two stormtroopers flanked them. Padmé stiffened. Why couldn?t she have died? Was she going to be tortured in an Imperial prison?

?Welcome back,? the human male said with a thin smile. Padmé was given the impression he rarely smiled, and his muscles seemed to tremble with the effort. She gazed at him silently. ?You will receive your ration now, once we check your vital signs.?

The other, a younger human male came forward then, carrying the small instruments. He looked to be in his late twenties, his black hair cut military style, and his manner was of stiff profession like his mentor. Without preamble, he was checking her blood pressure, blood level, heart rate, and vital signs. Then they conversed in muted words and left her alone.

Moments later, the door hissed and a protocol droid entered, carrying a tray of military food. Padmé stared, her mind slowly working through the situation. The droid set the block of grayish material beside the bed, then adjusted her bed, her upper-body rising until she was sitting up enough to eat. Then the food was presented to her, along with a clear liquid. The droid left, its even steps clicking softly

16. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    YYYYYYYYAAAAAYYY! Another Amidolee story! And this one has Padmé and Vader in it, too! I am officially happy for the day. Thanks, Ams!

Love the story, and I can't wait to see more! I wonder what Vader's doing to Padmé... I don't know if he could stand to torture her, even *after* his turn... *shrug* Good luck writing!

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'll probably have a post up tonight. =)

18. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Wow!
    I really love this!!
    Great story and really well written!!!

19. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Here's a long post!

- - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - -

Vader knew the moment she awaken, for the Force stirred inside of him, distracting him from the Emperor?s words. It was an reprehensible fault to be lead astray in his Master?s presence, and Vader quickly centered his mind on Lord Sidious, hiding his impatience to end the communication.

The Emperor paused, his eyes glittering shrewdly behind his black cowl. Across the galaxy, he could still pin-point his apprentice?s moments of failure, and this one was obvious. The Sith Lord needn?t tear down Vader?s mind shields to know he was already thinking past the conversation. It would be easy to reprimand Vader, but a nonverbal scold was more effective.

After a long moment of silence, Palpatine continued. ?Due to our quick dispose of the Jedi, and the fear bestowed onto those who dare whisper the cursed beings, the Force is forgotten. The military?s power is now the ultimate Force . . .?

Vader understood Sidious. While Palpatine spoke of the strategy, he was covering his fear. If anyone powerful enough to use the Force learned their abilities, the Jedi would rise and the Sith would be destroyed. But there was no one with such power. Only he and the Emperor, and Vader was no traitor.

?Continue your inspection, Lord Vader,? Palpatine said. Vader bowed his head and the communication ended.

Alone in the private communications chamber, Vader let out a relieved breath. It hissed through his mask, causing the walls to shudder in response. He stood from his knees, shaking the uneasy feeling within him. Palpatine knew he was wandering, and his silence was all the more unnerving. It irked him to no end to know Sidious knew of things he did not. His Master was closed off, only offering little tid-bits while he demanded everything from Vader. The Sith Lord did not resent his Master, but was indebted and grateful to him.

Like the fog of darkness he was, Vader stalked down the corridors of the vessel, knowing his personal guards would follow him without beckon. He would have to dismiss them permanently. The infirmary was immaculate, everything pristine and polished.

?Ah! Lord Vader!? Dr. Mortiff called, his voice rising nervously. ?I was just contacting you.?

?I said *before* the patient awakened,? Vader snapped, striding right past the shorter man and heading straight towards the private chamber.

?Yes, Lord Vader,? Mortiff said, hurrying after him. ?The patient?s signs are well, but she is weak and has refused to eat.?

?I will take matters into my own hands,? Vader snarled, not bothering to turn and address him. ?No monitoring.?

Mortiff paled, exchanging a glance with the young, male nurse at his side. ?Yes . . . Lord Vader. As you wish.?

The chamber?s door hissed open and he stepped in. The chamber was quiet and still, nothing changed but the patient?s position. She was curled in a fetal position, the white sheets pulled tightly around her slender body. Vader gazed on her, frustrated he couldn?t look upon her with his own eyes. He knew she was conscious, her anxiety rolling across the room to him. The cold fear, the sense of an animal trapped after a long race from the jaws of its predator, was such an oddity in this woman that he was willing to believe it was an impostor and immediately dispose of her.

Padmé had never once been afraid, not even when she had collapsed at his feet, fighting for each raspy breath of life. She would have died brave, but a traitor. Now she was alive, and she would join him, and see his life through his eyes and finally understand.

If she wasn?t weak and afraid.

Padmé listened to the rhythmic sound of the respirator. It was like a heinous taunt, ugly and scarring what had once been the only person who had ever truly understood her, or at least, she thought had. Each rasping breath served as an awful reminder of the death of her love. Obi-Wan Kenobi had been right, Anakin Skywalker was dead, murdered by this dark creature of evil.

She wanted to lay t

20. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Oooooooooh! Another Amidolee story! Enjoying it, as always!

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - -

A brilliant streak of orange lightning split the turbulent skies of Akara, allowing a brief moment of daylight before surrendering the planet into darkness again. The short bursts of electricity revealed the small, battered frigate of an authentic make nestled against the rocky cliffside. Donned in water-repellent coats, their blasters nestled in their arms, ten guards stood post around the ship and small headquarters entrance, withstanding the onslaught of Mother Nature.

Dericx Hajep pressed his lips together, squinting into the darkness, watching where the green cloud of his glowrod illuminate the rocky path before him. Barely perceptible through the roar of the wind, the crunch of pebbled stone alerted him to Commander Angli?s ascent. He glanced back, admiring the obstinate nature of the attractive woman duly carrying the generator battery over her back and up the steep side to the bunker. The storm gear obscured the slender curves and beautiful face, her frame burdened under the weight of the back. The rain hat was sloshing with water, the dull splats of the fat drops echoing on the rubbery material.

?Think you can make it?? Dericx asked cheerfully, raising his voice above the wind.

?Oh, yes. I?m more concerned about *falling* than collapsing from exhaustion,? Cali-Ana replied wryly. A moment later she was at his side, shifting the back and centering it across her back again.

Dericx smiled tightly, forcing himself not to look down and around him. Being a grown man, he would never admit to anyone he had an intense fear of heights. This small, routine assignment could have gone to anyone, but when Commander Angli had volunteered this round, he?d quickly joined her. Dericx wasn?t a bold or open person, and although all of the rebels welcomed him, he hadn?t made any close friends. Many of his comrades had already formed ?groups?, and his social skills lagged. Commander Angli was perhaps a favorite among the small group stationed on Akara. Her often sadistic outlook was cheered with a friendly smile and a pure laugh. Dericx admired her easy, confident manner and had been flattered when she had struck up a conversation when they had both been assign (with several others) to organizing the small arsenal of damaged weapons acquired through smuggling and looting junkyards.

?Just a leg,? Cali-Ana said, her voice swept away in the rain. ?Come on, soldier.?

She took the lead, trudging up the slippery rock in her terrain boots. The wind continued to howl, threatening to push them into a free-fall, but they both hugged the wall, fighting back. It seemed hours before they reached the crevice. Cali-Ana ducked in first, sighing as the wind died, leaving only the wet entrance to the cavern containing the power generator. Water dribbled from the overhang, echoing off the high walls. A flash of lightning lit the passage as she fished for her glowrod and entered the damp-smelling cavern.

?Cozy,? she murmured, turning slightly to watch her red-head companion catch up. Dericx was short for the average man, his red, curly hair usually tossled. He had soft, brown eyes that were quick and shy, but quite observant and attentive. He was built with broad shoulders, a strong, compact body giving him an almost young appearance. At forty-two, she was almost five years his senior, yet his manner was often more ?mature? than hers. <<One of my many flaws>> she thought silently. <<Is my inability to truly take anything seriously. Yet, I cannot imagine living every thought with such careful analysis>> What kept her focused was the small rebellion, and the memory of what the Empire had destroyed.

?A potential summer home, perhaps?? Dericx joked, gently setting his pack with the generator components beside the repaired machinery.

?The envy of any Alderaanian,? Cali smiled, thinking back to the beautiful planet that had been her home for nearly a decade. She set her own supplies beside him, and without further delay, they set to work fixing yet a

22. Toga_Sith

Toga_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    I think I'll up this, just cuz I panic when it drops.

23. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    I think I'll up this, just for the heck of it. =) Great job on the Ami/Vader interaction, Amidolee! Amidala really does know how to ask good questions. Though the answer should be obvious ~ he loves her, silly! =D

I hope to see Cali take on a good role in this story as well. And I'm really excited about this certain rumor I've heard about this story... *wink* Can't wait!

Great job, Ami, and don't get worried when the story goes down, cause it happens to everyone! Just means that there are lots of readers around, and more readers means more possibility that you'll get some with good enough taste to respond to your story. =D

24. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Im really liking this one! Great work! :)

25. DarkLady27

DarkLady27 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 26, 2000
    I just read this and I can't wait for more! (Please post soon).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.