main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A New Destiny" -- same universe, different destinies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Nov 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
    Aw... Obi/Sabé romance. :)

Y'know Ami, now that you mention, everyone else *does* kinda look alike... creepy.

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    What is with this board? It's slow, there's like half a page of blank tan space . . .

I don't want a different set up, I just want my bolds and italics!

3. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Great posts, Ami!!! really funny too! :)

Keep posting!!!!!!!!

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

The journey across the galaxy to Dagobah would probably have been tedious and long to the Falcon?s occupants if it had not been for the entertainment of bickering twins and a very high-maintenance baby. It seemed now to Obi-Wan that the twins did nothing but fight over small things. Usually the quarrels were simple arguing and quickly resolved, but once their competitive behavior resulted in accessing the Force. Neither twin understood their power yet, and if Obi-Wan and Anakin had not been there to block it, results would have been disastrous.

Taesara would add her own cries into the fights, bringing forth more noise. Sometimes she was part of the fight. Luke had appointed himself as practically the nanny, constantly wanting to hold Tae or help Sabé. It was obvious that Baby Tae was quite happy with Luke, but Leia?s attempts to make amends with the infant usually failed. Seldom did Tae not cry or fuss when Leia tried to play with her.

Or, at least until Leia had finally offered her hair for Tae to grasp. After that, the baby was quite agreeable to Leia as well.

?You?re going to have a handful when she grows up,? Padmé commented, watching as Obi-Wan rocked his tiny daughter.

?You have yourself two handfuls,? Obi-Wan teased, glancing to where both Luke and Leia were pouting, having been put into two separate corners of the ship after another quarrel. Obi-Wan winced as Tae sucked on his pinky, sparkling eyes watching him. ?Hey, be nice.?

Tae cooed.

Padmé smiled, brushing her hand over the child?s forehead. Tae wiggled and smiled. ?She?s taken a liking to Anakin. I think that helps him.? She turned her dark, knowing eyes on Obi-Wan, who looked quite thoughtful. ?What are you thinking, Jedi??

?The future. What it holds for all of us,? Obi-Wan murmured, kissing Baby Tae?s forehead. He didn?t speak for a long moment, then caught the former queen?s gaze. ?I was thinking of Tae?s training. Who would train her? In the Order, a father could not train their child. With your permission of course, the twins would be trained. Whether Yoda takes both or trusts me with one . . . who would be left to train my daughter??

Padmé?s eyes widened. ?Do you trust yourself to train one of my children??

?I don?t know.? Obi-Wan looked down at his daughter before meeting her gaze. ?Twelve or thirteen years from now, will I have the privilege of seeing my daughter become a Padawan? I would hope that she could be trained by Anakin.?

Padmé sat down hard, her eyes glistening. ?You would trust Anakin with your own daughter??

?Yes. The dark side will always haunt him. But if he brings us balance, I could wish for nothing more. Anakin is my son, my friend, and it would be an honor.? Obi-Wan paused, a wry smile on his face. ?But who is to say what will happen to any of us? There is no point in making plans so premature.?

?Of course. But knowing it is still wonderful.? Padmé kissed his cheek, smiling as she wiped at her eyes.

Anakin entered the chamber then, pausing when he saw his wife furiously wiping at her eyes. ?We?ll be entering realspace shortly.?

Obi-Wan nodded, handing Baby Tae to Padmé. ?I?ll awake Sabé. She?ll need to pilot the ship as we communicate with Yoda.?

5. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    A very heartwarming post!!

7. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Ahh, so cute. Thanks.

8. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    heart-warming indeed!!!

great post!!

I wonder what Yoda thinks about all this... Please post soon!!!!

9. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    You know, you miss reading this post for a couple of days and when you come back, you find all these cool posts. Ack!
    Anyways, great posts.

10. Jeedai

Jeedai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    I'll try to post tonight.

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  12. Jeedai

Jeedai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm working on the post now. It'll be longer than the last.

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, this looked long on Word. I've had a over-sized load of homework tonight, on top of therapy, so I'm a bit winded. I hope this satisfies.

- - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

Sabé glanced uneasily at the murky green planet that filled the viewport. Dagobah rotated slowly, ominous looking storms swirling in its atmosphere. She turned back to Obi-Wan and Anakin, who were already lost in meditation. It was at times like this that she cursed her minor Force-sensitivity. It gave her cunning instincts and battle, but her power was mediocre in comparison with the mighty Jedi behind her. Even her daughter, barely beyond a month?s age had already exceeded her mother?s power. The sandy hair farm boy cradling her securely was even more powerful, his twin not lagging far behind.

*You?ll be fine if you don?t let your silly thoughts distract you* a voice teased in her mind.

Sabé smiled, wrapping her gloved hands around the controls of the ship, shifting to test her safety belt. Beside her in the co-pilot?s seat, Amidala (who had no connection with the Force) manned the other set of controls. ?I?m closing my eyes now,? she said quietly, taking one last look at the strapped children. Leia and Luke smiled, Taesara wiggled. Taking a deep breath, Sabé plunged into only half-awareness. Her mind was flooded by the presence of three: her husband, Anakin, and Jedi Master Yoda.

Amidala licked her lips anxiously, reacting to Sabé?s commands to the ship as the Falcon dipped into the stormy planet. The Falcon bucked as it hit the first gale. Behind her, Leia cried out and Taesara began to wail. Amidala corrected the repulsors, darting a nervous look to Sabé. As if blind but perfectly sure of her touch, the older woman?s hands guided the ship.

There was more bucking and dipping, but suddenly the storm opened into a clouded tunnel, plunging down into the murky planet. Even without the Force, she could feel its power surging around her like a protective blanket. All worry and anxiety left her, placing her in a battle calm as she helped her dearest friend guide the ship over tangled swamps and forests before coming too a decent landing.

Beside her, Sabé collapsed, unconscious. ?Sabé!? Amidala croaked, unstrapping hastily and nearly hanging herself in the process. Gasping, she reached her friend?s side, checking her throat for a steady pulse.

?She?s just exhausted,? Obi-Wan?s tired voice startled her. Concern showed brightly in his expressive eyes, mirroring her own. He stood and kissed his wife?s sweaty forehead, smiling. ?She did well. As did you.?

Taesara whimpered, bringing her father to more important matters. He smiled and took her from a shaky Luke. ?As did you, Little One.?

?That was something!? Leia exclaimed, face pale, eyes bright.

?No,? Amidala said softly, her eyes on the viewport. ?That is something.?

Beyond the mudsplashed freighter was a jungle of twisted, ugly trees and vines. Snarled trunks twisted savagely, black with inky bark. Animals lurked in the shadows, blending in with the ugliness, their eyes flashing dully for a moment before disappearing. That Falcon rested in a shallow swamp, a muddy green fluid oozing down the viewport from the landing splash.

Amongst the intimidating savagery was a lone figure. He stood in all his limited capacity, adapted to the environment, green eyes bright and intelligent, twisted gimmer stick supporting a failing back, was Yoda. The powerful Jedi Master waited patiently, his calming presence keeping predators away and embracing the beating pulse of the Living Force.

Beside Obi-Wan, Anakin swayed from exhaustion and giddiness. The Force moved slowly and deliberately, a flow of purity that he had never encountered. The whispering voices of animals and plants tickled his ears, played with his skin, and yet this did not frighten or disturb him. As if wrapped in a warm blanket, his muscles and bones melded and ceased their insistent ache from the surgery.

Silence filled the cabin, not even Taesara daring to utter a syll

14. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    LOL!!!
    It describes Yoda very well!!!! Powerful, respected, but always a little funny... :)

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I think Yoda has a soft side for babies :)

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Lol. I love it!! Great work! :)

17. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Math is the devil! :mad: We'd be better off w/o it! It took 2 studyhalls to get through the first lousy problem. It was easy, but it took forever. Then we have six more just like it. What's the frickin' point, I ask you? There is none!!!!!

Okay. Here's a post.

- - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - -

//Why does he bring me here to watch these things?// Mara Jade thought silently as she watched a doctor and his nurses fall to their deaths under the Emperor?s powerful grip. She knew not what they had done to deserve the almost routine punishment, so she could not hold sympathy for them. Showing fear, sympathy, or weakness was reprimanded with a harsh strike or strenuous discipline.

The redhead child glanced down at the raw scars on her hands. All parents punished their children so that they would learn from mistakes. It was out of guidance and necessity that her Master punished her for mistakes. She never made the same mistake twice. She learned quickly. Master was proud when she accomplished something without complaint or difficulty. He was harsh, but he needed to be.

Brilliant green eyes fastened on the black cloaked figure staring out at the expanse of Coruscant. He had been very angry. Darth Vader had betrayed him, as had the doctor and his associates. It was both a blessing and a curse, Mara thought of Vader?s disappearance. Palpatine concentrated on her training, yet he was quick to anger and sometimes impatient. He nevered showed his impatience with her, but she could feel it through his frightening, pale eyes.

?You are dismissed,? Master spoke in a tight, controlled tone.

?Yes, Master.? Mara bowed low before turning away. Crista greeted her outside. The mute woman inclined her head, not a smile reaching her lips as she guided Mara back to her chambers.

Once alone, Mara sank onto her sleep pad. Only when alone and tired did she think of her life before coming to the Imperial Palace. She missed her mother; already the memory was blurred and indistinct. She thought wistfully of the kind woman who had been taken by the stormtroopers. Sabé?s warm, ready smile could soothe aches, Mara thought.

Letting warm memories flood her mind, she was able to drift into sleep. Not long after she?d fallen unconscious, Palpatine made his nightly visit into her mind, bringing forth nightmares and tears.

- - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

?She isn?t feverish,? Obi-Wan announced with relief as he kissed Sabé?s forehead. He hated being unsettled before Yoda, but his concern for his wife overruled the general peeves of life. It had been thirty-six hours since they?d arrived on Dagobah, and yet Sabé had not awakened. Her vital signs were normal, only dampened by her long slumber. It more than worried him, it practically sent him into a panic. Cali and Nana had informed him that she tired easily since the birth. Had he placed too much on her? //Silly girl// he scolded her fondly. //You know better. You should have told me when it became too much//

Yoda?s hands brushed over her closed eyelids, the Force swirling around him. After several minutes, he stepped back, clucking. ?Rest she will. Well she is. Need not worry you do.?

?Forgive me, my Master, but telling me not to worry is a waste of breath,? Obi-Wan remarked, his fingers brushing the tiny scars around the hollow of Sabé?s neck.

?Know this I do. Say it again, I will.?

Obi-Wan hid a grin as he clasped Sabé?s unmoving hand. He frowned. She felt cold. The Jedi quickly found another blanket and covered her small, suddenly fragile body. If not for Yoda?s presence, he would have coddled his wife and simply sat in the cabin for hours. ?Master,? he said after he was sure that three blankets were enough. ?You have not spoken much of Anakin, nor the twins.?

?True it is.?

?Why?? He should have known by now that Yoda would not answer his comment as a question.

Yoda chewed on his gimmer stick, as if delaying an answer. ?Changed, Skywalker is. Good for the galaxy, I know not. Why bring him here??

Obi-Wan s

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    That post was just wonderful.

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
  21. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
    Great post. :)

Math is a devil, [face_devil] but the real devil is English classes, [face_devil] (or maybe it was just that the teachers hated me.) I'm rambling, I know.

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I love English classes!

23. MasterJenn

MasterJenn Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2001
    Great post!

Somehow I'm not surprised that Ami loves English...those classes must be a breeze for you with the way you write!!
    Not me...my brain likes math(Yuck, yes I know) and science

24. starwarsfan1000

Aug 21, 2000
    Me, I'm a history buff :cool: and the problem with the English teachers was that instead of reading Stephen King or some other bestselling author when we would have a free read day I'd walk in with a Civil War biography or a naval history book from WWII. They just could not understand why anyone would want to read history books. :mad:

Edit: This is not a problem anymore, but it was when I was in high school.

25. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    Sweet post!!!!

Well, I like math and science(We all have our strenghts...)...
    My French teacher seems to think just like your English teacher, starwarsfan1000... I have to read a book written by a great(yeah, right!) French writer from the XVIIIth century!!!
    And I shouldn't talk about my English classes... I'm being taught a language I already know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.