main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A New Destiny" -- same universe, different destinies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Nov 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    Much anger I sense in you. [face_mischief]

Sorry you had a rough time.

Did you here the ep1 music as you walked into town? You know, the music when Padme and Qui walk into Mos Espa? ;)

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, I've just gotten the computer back from a rather war-obessive brother. Unfortunately, I'll be leaving soon to go fix Maggie's adapter. I'm still planning on finishing AND tonight or by Sunday.

3. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Wow!!! The last posts were incredible!!!
    incredible, but terrifying...
    Go Ani!!!

I'm sorry if I didn't post sooner... I didn't have the time to read since days!!!

I hope things will get better for you, Ami!!

4. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    It's been a long time since I have read this story. I've had to limit my time on the computer due to the demands of DRL.

Ami, I don't know all of what has happened since the beginning of the story, but your writing is a sharp as always. Your Palpy is the epitome of evil.

When I have time, I'll check out what I missed.

Sorry about the job situation. :(

5. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Okay, Amidolee has officially snapped.

I can't use my laptop for [b2 weeks[/b]. Best Buy didn't have the new adapter for us, so they let us borrow a universal one--it doesn't fit! It's across the river in Nebraska. I can't write on anything but Maggie. I'm trying to write for AND now, but I simply can't. My mind won't think.

And now I may have to babysit!

I'm going to go cry now.

6. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Hey! I finally caught up with the story! great posts, Ami!!! :D

Don't cry, your Highness, everything will be fine... ;)

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, we got the old barking/eating Dell set up in the basement, so that'll have to suffice.

- - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - -

That was a bad dream Luke thought groggily as he struggled to open his eyes. Stifling darkness surrounded him, and he felt bodies pressing against him from every direction. Confused, he slowed down his thoughts as Obi-Wan and Father had taught him, becoming adjusted to his surroundings. I?m in the ship. That?s right. We are hiding from the bad guys.

A slight rush of excitement raced through his small, cramped body. The elation and thrill of the chase was suddenly clouded by the memory of his dream. He wasn?t supposed to be awake, but someone had knocked him away from the dark, evil man of his dreams.

What was he supposed to do now?

I need your help, Luke. I need your help

?Obi-Wan?? Luke whispered, peering into the dark as if the Knight was there with him.

Obi-Wan did not speak again, but Luke suddenly realized what he must do. No words or feelings were exchange, just the determined knowledge that he had to help his teacher. Luke closed his eyes and relaxed his body, delving deep inside himself while erecting mind shields. He suddenly saw what the danger was?the dark man from his dreams. The hideous cackle sent shivers down his spine, but Obi-Wan?s encouragement drove him past that fear.

Where are you? Luke called mentally, peering through a chaotic world. He knew he should be frightened, but since he did not understand the torment freezing his Master, he had no reason to be afraid.

Luke

Then he saw his Master. Kenobi flickered in and out of the chaos, each time looking closer to death. A silvery pond that reflected an inky blackness stood between them. Luke sucked in his breath, not knowing the depth, and plunge in.

He sank.

And sank.

And still he continued to sink.

I don?t know how to swim, Luke suddenly realized. Strangely, he was not worried. The swirling blackness around him wasn?t meant for him, but for Obi-Wan. As he slowly floated, he cautiously opened his mouth and took a tentative breath. No black water filled his lungs.

Enthralled, he began moving his limbs as if he were walking, not quite sure if this was how one would swim. Slowly, agonizingly slow, he began to cut through the surface. Like warm goo, the silvery black water clung to him as he began moving towards the odd island where Obi-Wan was trapped.

I?m coming, Master! he shouted without opening his mouth. I?m coming

Luke touched the dark, sandy shore of the island and pulled himself out of the water. Exhaustion caused his limbs to tremble, but he pushed himself up on his knees and peered into the swirl that had trapped Obi-Wan.

The swirl began to slow, suddenly wrapping itself around Obi-Wan?s now visible form. Luke couldn?t understand what was happening, but the tormented, pained constricting of his body spoke volumes. The Jedi?s mouth opened, as if in a silent scream, and the gray, red, black, and blue swirls of chaos dived into his mouth. Obi-Wan rose in the air, his body curled back unnaturally. There was a deafening roar in Luke?s ears, and he buried his face in the sand that had no temperature to block out the blinding light.

Silence fell upon them.

Luke slowly lifted his head and opened his eyes. A snowy white field surrounded him. Obi-Wan was collapsed only meters away, utterly still.

For the first time, fear struck Luke hard in the chest. Was Obi-Wan *dead*?

Trembling and shivering, Luke crawled through the whiteness until he reached Obi-Wan?s side. Tentatively, he reached out and touched the Knight?s shoulder. Obi-Wan exhaled slowly, and Luke yelped with joy, hugging the Jedi tightly. ?Obi-Wan!?

Kenobi?s eyes fluttered open. A shaky smile crossed his lips. ?Thank you, Luke,? he whispered hoarsely.

?What did I do?? Luke asked.

Obi-Wan just smiled and shook his head again. Luke thought the smile was old and haunted, but he only pursed

8. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
    Great stuff!

"Epilouge"

9. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    You know what I meant, EK!

K, if this all blows, let me know!

- - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -

Anakin found his breath coming in short, rasping breaths as his eyes darted wildly from Padmé?s now unconscious form and the grinning wrath of Palpatine. Never before had he wanted to kill someone in such rage, and never before had he simply sat while his emotions raged. He?d always acted on impulse and aggressive feelings, but suddenly he sat in a puddle of cold sweat as he mentally battled with himself.

He had no weapon to strike the Emperor down, but he was more than certain that he could overpower Palpatine in both physical strength and the Force. After all, was he not The Chosen One? The one who would change the galaxy forever?

He had to kill the Emperor, but not in rage. Anakin knew this, but how was he supposed to separate his desire to kill Palpatine from the necessity the Force had given him? How could he not feel any joy or satisfaction in his death? Was there anyway to kill without it becoming an action from the Dark Side?

Anakin drew his eyes to Palpatine?s, standing slowly and trembling with seething rage and pain. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the turbolift, doors open. It was empty. Obi-Wan was not there. But he was there just moments before his children had been brought in . . .

Anakin placed his mental shields firmly in place and kept his face expressionless as he mentally surveyed his surroundings. He tentatively brushed the presence of Padmé with the Force and found nothing. No life, no death, no presence.

Palpatine?s eyes glittered as he felt Anakin?s surge of power fill the room. Perfect.

Anakin suddenly smiled at the Emperor. ?Your illusions cannot defeat me, Palpatine.?

There was a flicker of dismay and surprise in the Emperor?s cold eyes. The bodies of Skywalker?s family disappeared, and Kenobi?s twisted body reappeared in the lift.

?It is simply you and I,? Anakin said softly.

?Foolish boy,? Palpatine scoffed, appearing nonchalant.

Anakin thought he could detect and air of uneasiness or maybe even fear in the Sith Lord. Confidence began to swell as he drew upon the Force, gathering it around him. There was a warning plead in his ear, but it was silenced under the roar of the Dark Side from the Sith standing before him.

A blast of blizzard nearly knocked Anakin to his knees. He fought it with intense heat, melting the ice threatening to consume him. Blue lightning crackled at Palpatine?s fingertips, but the Sith Lord did not strike. Anakin felt his own fingers itch, begging for a taste of the electrifying power from the Dark Side. Scratching them against his coveralls, he drew more of the Force around him, preparing to hurl everything at Palpatine and end the battle now.

Remember the cave a voice whispered in his head.

The cave . . .

The thought could not be processed as Palpatine?s cowl was ripped back by the howling of Anakin?s own power and his crazed state of mind. Red eyes blazed with victory as his mouth gaped as he cackled gleefully.

Anakin sucked in his breath and slammed a barrier down between him and the Force, feeling cold and numb with the realization of what was happening to him. Palpatine was drawing on his powers. He must not use them, or it would only strengthen the evil creature before him.

At the abrupt halt, Palpatine jerked back, as if stung.

The Emperor stared at Skywalker, hatred and surprise mixing in his emotions. Two power sources had been abruptly cut from him. He could not see Kenobi?s suddenly steady breathing behind Anakin?s back, but he could sense the Jedi?s escape from the trap. Not that it mattered. After digesting every fear, mistake, and tragedy a second time, no man could withstand such and assault and would never be coherent again. Which was perfectly fine.

Controlling several different minds at once had taken its toll. He?d used his own power to do so, and his only strength had recovered through Skywalker?s temptation. Ripp

11. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Wonderful post. :)

Great story.

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
  13. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    What a fantastic story, Amidolee!! I really enjoyed reading it. Great ending!! :)

14. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    That was a fun story, and I am a sucker for
    happy endings. Always will be. Thanks.

15. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Great Story!! :D I'm both happy and sad at it's ending!!!

16. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
    Good ending Ami!

Don't forget about that other protical droid of Ami's, I think it's time for 3PO to get a girl friend. ;)

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks all! :D

EK, to tell the truth, I've forgotten all about lonely Adee. She'll have to come into play. That'd be fun to drive everyone insane with two droids!

18. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
    Yeah, I just think 3PO wouldn't be such a priss if he was getting some tin. [face_plain]

Did I say that outloud?

19. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    That was a beautiful ending, Amidolee! I loved how you explained Anakin's struggle to keep from using the dark side. And the way you depicted the battle was excellent. And of course, I love happy endings! And this one is even more fun because of the hints in it about the sequel. I've enjoyed every minute of this story!

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    You're disgusting, EK!

But we love you anyway!

Hey, did I just rhyme? :p

21. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
  22. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    You don't have to be sorry, this was a great ending!!!
    I really loved this story!!!
    Too bad it's finished...

You're mean, EK... ;)

23. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
    Who me? ;) [face_laugh]

Well she's making a sequal sometime. :)

24. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Sorry I missed the last bits there, Ami - I just now crawled out from under a nasty case of strep throat. It was really kicking my @$$.

No, your ending didn't suck! <<reaches out and smacks Ami upside the head>> No more of that talk!

I loved the way you depicted Ani's struggle with his rage, which was much greater than any physical struggle he might have had with Palpatine. And Palpatine's parting words were just eerie!

I can't wait to read the sequel! Maybe throw in a little Bail/Sache romance?

Oh, and I agree with E-K, btw. ;)

25. Ewan-Kenobi

Oct 21, 2000
    *Give a hard point at Jae*

See! Do ya see! She agrees with me.

C-3PO:I agree with you too Master Ewan. Grroooowwwll!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.