main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A New Destiny" -- same universe, different destinies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Nov 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Here's another post. It isn't that long, put there are several different plotlines I could take, and I'm having a self-argument about them.

@@@@@@

Vader stalked down the bare corridor of his private chambers, responding to the distress he had sensed through the Force. Padmé had been delivered a short while ago, and upon entrance the luxurious quarters that had forever been empty of life, he could sense the change in the atmosphere. How strange such a frivolous change could effect everything about the place. There was not one decoration, and the spacious rooms had been merely a nuisance and thus ignored, and yet it felt so alive.

A sharp jolt from the Force halted him in his march. Padmé had awakened, and he could sense her cold fear as if an ice crystal had stabbed his heart. Vader was unaccustomed to any feelings invading him, and before, fear from others had always thrilled him. Now, no such sweet pleasure filled him with unlimited power, but sent his already unfocused mind astray. Palpatine would be very displeased, and this notion sent him into a purposeful march again.

The shifting of cloth against skin greeted the Sith Lord upon his entrance. Padmé Naberrie sat rigidly at the edge of the sleep couch, her stunning beauty paling against her large eyes that were dark with raw fear. Again, Vader was halted in his stride.

Padmé lifted her chin. ?Are you to kill me??

?No,? Vader answered, working his dry tone over the simple syllable. How could she think such a thing?

Padmé?s neck was still taunt with anxiety, but the simple breath had given her much strength. At least, her fear had been buried deeper down. ?What do you want with me??

**A good question** Vader thought silently. He knew his answer, and it was the same as before, as those seven years ago when he had wanted to sweep her across the galaxy as husband and wife, together ruling it and bringing firm order to those pathetic lives. Palpatine had warned him she would refuse, but he hadn?t heeded the Wise One?s advice. Now, certainly after what Vader had risked to save her, she would concede.

Vader stepped forward, certain and absolute that there would be no argument. ?You will take your place at my side, my Padmé.?

?I will not,? Padmé said in a quiet, firm tone. There wasn?t even a hint of surprise in her voice, only an expectant dread.

A flash of anger ripped through him, and Vader hissed sharply. ?It is my command!? How DARE she? Again! After all he had sacrificed and risked.

?Then kill me!? Padmé shouted fiercely. ?I would rather die a thousand deaths than serve a murderer!?

?That can be arranged!? Vader?s voice boomed. His blood boiled hot and black, and he felt the Dark Side stir around him.

?Then do it,? Padmé replied, standing from her perch. She swayed weakly, then stood strong and firm.

For a moment, Vader considered it. Yet again, he found that old, forgotten whisper run through him. Exhaling another hiss, he turned on his heal and stalked out of the room. More meditation was required.

2. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    ...I really wonder what he's going to do with Padmé...
    Great writing!

3. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    You go Amidolee! Regal and unserving while Vader stomps around. I love it! Now will Vader become good, Padme turn bad, or will they both end up going for the same goal but in their own way? This story is already very exciting!

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks, everyone! I know what Vader will end up doing, along with Palpy. There's just so many ways to get there, and I have to get Cali and Sabe's plots going before the OT characters come into play as well.

This story is coming a bit slower than my usual rate, but I'll try to have at least one post a day, if not two.

5. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Yay! We're gonna see some old faces soon!

6. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Eeek, I just realized our computer will be dead tonight for some rebooting, and I can't post! Oh, well, I wanted to be lazy tonight anyway! I'll post tomorrow.

7. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Ooh. Aah. I still like this story muchas, Ami. I wish Ami's influence would turn Vader back to the good side, Ani *is* still in there somewhere, like she proved in that post. Vader's trying to protect himself, stubborn dude he is. I wish he could remember lil Ani or have flashbacks of their life even though he so doesn't want to...

Yes, this is JMMJ, babbling again. Someday everyone's going to agree to lock me up (as long as it's with my comp, fine! Bwahahah! =D) Good luck writing! (And so you're not online tonight? *sniff* =()

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I just got home, so I have nothing written yet. But I'm going to try! JMMJ, *shush*! You're getting ahead of yourself!

I think I *will* lock you up with a computer, but I'll have to join you so we can write our story without the interruption of RL.

9. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I accidently said "Dericx" and not "Ramses" in the last post involving Sabe. :*)

- - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - -

The quiet sounds of sleeping beings did nothing to lull Sabé into her own dreams. She lay wide awake in her berth, feeling her ragged, exhausted body fill with a lonesome yearning for her husband. All the nights before on the transport and in that boarding house hadn?t been quite so bad. There had always been much noise and she had been too preoccupied with her mission to locate Frazz that she hadn?t really considered her separation from Obi-Wan as a separation.

A small wave of nausea assaulted her, and Sabé cursed silently. She couldn?t get sick again, not now. It would prove Obi-Wan right that she was in no shape to venture across the galaxy on a lost hope. Scowling into the darkness, she could almost hear Obi-Wan?s pessimistic attitude towards the idea of finding Amidala. The Jedi Knight could really aggravate her at times. What right did he have to judge the odds when he had banked on the longshots more than once? Of course, it was his love protecting her, but was she not the Queen?s bodyguard?

<<A lot of good that did her>>

?Oh, shush,? Sabé scolded herself, rolling over to her side. The nauseated feeling receded, and she gave a sigh of relief. Maybe she should have waited another week after recovering from her ailment, but that would have been another week leaving Amidala vulnerable for a dark fate, if she had not meant one yet.

Restless and becoming increasingly upset with herself for losing her dearest friend, Sabé threw off her covers and swung out of the berth. Her bunkmate, a Duros, was fast asleep, snoring evenly in a pleasant dream. Sabé envied her for a moment, then grabbed her warm cloak and tip-toed out of the barracks.

The floor was cold to her bare feet, but it was a bit comforting. With the dark, wool robe over her nightclothes, she entered the long corridor that stretched the entire length of The Hole. Using the Force, she could sense the minds of others that were awake like her. Unlike her, though, they were not restless, only alert during their night watch.

Sabé opted for the common room, which was more furnished and friendly than the plain decoration of the barracks and command quarters. All illumination was kept at 70% in the corridors, and the light from the common room was only slightly dimmer. Quietly, she entered, her quick eyes assessing the entire room in one sweep. An orange alien of an unknown species was asleep on one of the relaxing couches, reminding her vaguely of a Gungan. At the refreshment counter, which was sparsely furnished, sat Ramses. Taking a few more steps in, she discovered the young man planning a card game.

Ramses looked up with a friendly smile as she approached. ?Hey, there. I thought I was the only night bird.?

?I wish I wasn?t,? Sabé sighed, pulling a stool up beside the counter. ?What are you playing??

?Solitaire. It?s an old game my mother taught me.? Ramses had spoken easily enough, but something seemed to close up.

Sabé didn?t press, but instead studied the deck. It was not electronically run, but a manual game of old flimsy cards. Each card was intricately made, and the corners had been weathered into soft curves. Ramses, young brow furrowed in deep concentration, shuffled and dealt the cards with expert delicacy, his hands flying as the game unraveled. Within a few minutes, four piles of different suits were neatly stacked in front of him. Then, he turned to smile again. ?Want to try? I could teach you.?

?No thanks,? Sabé smiled, shaking her head. ?I was never very good at cards.?

Ramses frowned thoughtfully, then grinned again. ?I doubt that. You have a quick eye, and you were following my hands. I bet you killed several in sabaac.?

Sabé shrugged her shoulders, not willing to admit that she *did* have a taste for card gambling. Although, she hadn?t done it years. Conning Obi-Wan to participate in a duel game had been unsuccessful, and she understood his ?p

10. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Now you've got me wondering what role this Ramses guy will play. And what's wrong will Sabe? Or maybe its not something wrong, but currently inconvient. ;)

I also love the emotional rollercoaster you are putting Amidala and Vader through! Its fun! Great writing Amidolee!

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks for the comments! I'll have more tomorrow

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well . . . I would have a post today, but rebooted our computer, so everything is smegged and our Internet service is lost so we're using an old one. I was tied up all day in other activities, so I have nothing to post at the moment.

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm writing another post now.

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - -

Although Padmé was refusing to give in to whatever this game of wills was about, she couldn?t quench her curiosity of the bare chambers. She had tried to discipline herself and stay on the hard sleep bench after the dark void had left the room, but sitting meant doing nothing. And Padmé had never been one to sit and let life continue without her.

Cautiously, like the prey escaping from its predator?s clutches, she crept to the open entrance of the prison. Beyond the bare room was a long corridor, darkened by the conservation of illumination. It was empty and still, void of any life. If it weren?t for her own breathing, she would have believed this to be a vacuum of nothingness.

Swallowing and shaking on weak legs, she started down the chamber, senses alert to the slightest disturbance. Images of torture chambers and traps flashed through her mind, but she consoled herself that such a painful doom was better than any other prospect Darth Vader might present her. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end, and the cold atmosphere and temperature made goosebumps up her arms and legs. Shivering from fear and chill, she pressed on, finding a bend in the corridor.

Beyond the bend was three sets of doors, all sealed and forbidding. Licking her dry lips, Padmé inspected the first. There was no indication of where to press for it to open, and upon her touch, nothing happened. Dismayed, but also intrigued, she ran her hands along the cool door, searching for a seam.

With a sharp hiss, the door slid open, and two bright, glowing eyes stared back at her. Padmé let out a scream, falling back against the opposite wall.

?Oh, excuse me,? a tinny, female voice said. It was a vaguely familiar tone and accent of a protocol droid. Padmé felt her heart hammer as the silver bodied droid stepped out into the corridor, verbomotors whirring. ?I must apologize for startling you, Mistress Vader.?

Padmé stared, catching her breath and feeling suddenly silly for her fright. ?Apology accepted,? she said in a shaky voice. Would this droid report her snooping to the Sith?

?Oh, no, Mistress!? the droid continued in a fretful tone. ?It is I who must apologize. Master would frightfully displeased with me, and I would be deactivated for sure!?

The mannerism of the droid reminded Padmé of another, and she smiled. ?I will not report it,? she said kindly. ?Would you tell me your name??

?My name?? The droid managed to look completely baffled by the question. It?s gold-glowing eyes seemed to narrow. ?Oh! My identification license is 3467-789 AD-4, Mistress.?

?Is that what people call you??

?People, Mistress?? The droid hung her head, as if in sorrow. ?I do not converse with many lifeforms, Mistress. The Master?s orders.?

?Your Master? What does he call you??

?Droid,? it seemed to shrug.

?Who is your Master?? Padmé asked, although she had a faint idea.

?Lord Vader,? it said, a note of pride in its feminine voice. ?It is a very important duty, Mistress, to serve one so highly esteemed.?

?I?m sure it is,? Padmé said softly. ?Tell me, Adee, do you enjoy it here??

The glowing eyes seemed to dim. ?If a droid were allowed to feel lonely, I suppose I would be.?

Padmé nodded sadly, feeling compassion for the creature. It was so refreshing to speak with someone, and the familiarity of the protocol droid reminded her of another dear friend. How much she missed Threepio?s mindless babbling. He had been annoying enough, and Kenobi had threatened to deactivate the poor droid once, when Threepio had taken the notion of bothering Kenobi and Sabé after the Knight had returned from a mission. The Jedi had been most adamant in the droid?s disposal, and Threepio had flew in despair. Afterwards, the droid had managed to almost blush upon sight of the Jedi. Anakin had taken his Master?s annoyance almost purposefully. Of course, once Obi-Wan was in a more cheerful mood, he had taken every possible moment to aggravate Threepio in any po

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, I'm upping this. :)

16. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    :)
    Two other great posts!
    Adee reminds me of Threepio as well, but just a little different...

17. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    I love this, Ami!

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm working on another post right now.

19. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - -

The storm had past, if only to return within hours. Safe and warm inside her barracks, Cali-Ana consumed her nutrition bar in moments, studying the old data pad before her. She yawned and rubbed her eyes, wishing she were young again and full of limitless energy. It seemed lifetimes ago when she had been a well-known Alderaanian actress, and even another eternity since she had briefly lived in the Jedi Temple.

The barracks were an old bunker carved into one of the cavern?s walls. It was of some comfort and pride that this abandoned stronghold had once been a military base for the Old Republic in its early days of glory. It had long since been forgotten and abandoned, records of it destroyed. Her fellow comrades took it as an omen of their coming days of victory over the Empire.

But that was a long journey, and the future was only a vague fog in her mind.

Her comlink peeped, interrupting her thoughts. ?Angli here,? she answered, hoping she didn?t sound too annoyed.

?There is an encoded message waiting for you in the command center,? a voice replied.

?I?ll be right there.? Sighing, Cali pulled on her thermo vest and boots, groaning as she stood. She needed to sleep soon. Going twenty-four hours without sleep never helped anyone, especially those who had to deal with her.

Walking briskly, if only to get this task behind her, she reached the command center, another hollowed out cavern, in minutes. Captain Skip, as the affectionately called the burly man that ran this operation, turned as she entered. ?Excuse the intrusion on your rest, Angli, but it is reading as extremely important, and for your eyes only.?

Cali ignored the curious eyes, her brow furrowing as she seated herself in the computer console. Quickly, she keyed in her own clearance code, waiting for the message to translate. A message from Akara? Cali was familiar of the planet, for she had spent two weeks in The Hole, helping organize the small refuge. Could Frizz have vital information, but why wouldn?t he bring into to the higher officers?

As she read the message, she was first elated, then fell into deep concentration. Sabé, her old love?s wife, was staying in The Hole. Queen Amidala was missing, and Sabé planned to find her.

Cali paled, her hands suddenly cold and clammy, and not from the damp atmosphere of the caverns. How could she tell the loyal handmaiden that Amidala had been killed in an Imperial attack almost two months ago? It would crush Sabé, but at least it would save her from risking her own life to chase a ghost. And then she could return to Kenobi on Tatooine.

Taking a deep breath, Cali began to transit her reply.

20. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    I'm glad your computer is no longer held hostage, Amidolee. ;)

Delightful posts of course, and the prissy droid who's name was 'droid' fits in perfectly with Vader's lingering Ani-nish (is that a word? lol) behavior and character. :D

21. Toga_Sith

Toga_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Thanks, Julie! Your replies are always fun to read!

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -

?Your arrival has left me in quite a flounder,? Adee brattled in her hostess manner, although it seemed her etiquette was experiencing some short-circuits. ?Master never has guests, but he is most adamant about you, Mistress . . .?

Padmé gazed around the slightly more cheerful food consumption chamber. The small table was blocky, coordinating with the food-processors. Sitting in a heavy chair, she ate a slightly more delicious meal than of the infirmary. The Corellian spice on the wardon bird wings added a special flavor to the otherwise bland meal. Adee had been talking non-stop, and usually repeated herself many times. As of now, she was retelling her life with Darth Vader, and how nice it was to have a guest in the dreary chambers. Padmé couldn?t help but warm up to the silver creature. Adee was nothing compared to her handmaidens, but at least there was someone non-threatening. Her heightened senses were easing, but she was still expecting to hear the frightening sounds of Vader?s steps and his breathing.

?Oh!? Adee suddenly cried. ?How could my memory banks slip so??

Padmé paused in her ravenous chow. ?Is something wrong??

Adee managed to wail. ?I had orders to fit you with a new attire, and I fear I have failed yet again! Oh, Mistress, I have been a failure from the start. Master becomes so annoyed with me when this happens!?

Padmé placed a calming hand on the droid?s arm. ?Adee, it is all right. I will not inform your master of a delayed fitting. If he blames you, I will tell him *I* ordered you to feed me first.?

Adee seemed faint, if a droid were able to do so. ?Oh, Mistress! You are most generous! And brave!?

Padmé smiled weakly. ?Yes, well. Why don?t I save us both the trouble? I am full now, and you can attend to me as ordered.?

?I most-heartedly agree with you!?

- - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

23. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    A droid that can almost faint? LOL!! come to think of it 3P0 practically fainted when Luke was attacked by Sand People in ANH (though he passed it off as taking a bad step). That was very silly. :D

(My replies are fun to read? Really?) You are doing great Amidolee! I don't know how you manage to balance more then one story... But I'm glad you can! :)

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Julie, do you read USJS? I've got a spin-off fic running now. I can't believe I'm writing three stories at once!

25. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Yes I read USJS, its absolutely the most bizarre, tragic and hysterical fic I've ever read - of course with so many incredible writers that was inevitable. :D

I haven't checked up on it for the past few days.. *runs off to read it.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.