main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A New Destiny" -- same universe, different destinies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Nov 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -

The inner struggle was ready to snap, and Vader lowered his hand, watching as her almost enchanted eyes fell with it. What was happening to him? Why couldn?t he focus anymore?

Why did he want to be Anakin Skywalker again?

The question froze in his mind, demanding he not ignore it this time. Vader swore at it, trying to push it away in a futile attempt. Why on all of this Sith blessed ship would he want to become that stupid little slave boy? Why would he trade in his glory for that?

Gazing down at the lovely face of his once wife, he knew why. Because it had been Anakin Skywalker who had possessed the heart of the Naboo Queen, not Lord Vader. It had been the Jedi Padawan he had so brutally slaughtered that had captured her lips in a passionate kiss. It had been that Jedi Knight that had married her.

Not him. Not Darth Vader.

He was suddenly overwhelmed with green jealously for the dead and forgotten. How could the dead have what he couldn?t? How could such a worthless being possess such a beautiful soul?

How could he not be him?

Trembling, he stepped back from her, from the image his photoceptors provided. Away from this dangerous ground he was treading. Her eyes bored into him, and he felt as if he was powerless under her spell. Vader was never powerless, but Anakin Skywalker had been. Anakin Skywalker was a weak fool, and Vader was cunning and powerful, revered and feared across the galaxy. How could he possibly consider what was dead to be alive? Anakin was dead, as the other Jedi and Naboo were destroyed under his awesome strength.

Yet as he tried to convince himself he was right, Vader felt that tingling sensation of doubt within him. He was becoming weaker by the moment, and he knew it just as he knew it was her who was causing such indecision. He should have her disposed of, but he knew even as his resentment grew that he could never be rid of her. Even if she were taken from sight and forever silenced, she would find a way back to him, to haunt him and torment his dreams.

Just as the Emperor had when he had first refused to follow his commands. After a long and grueling struggle, he had given in and obeyed, the rewards reaping with all the promised glory.

But at what cost? He had lost his wife, his children, his planet, his mother, his closest friend and Master . . . They were not forgotten in his mind, but merely shadowed by his single-minded purpose. And now the most painful memories of all was in the flesh, prompting and arousing guilt, regret, love, pain, and wistful remembrance from him.

This time he would not flee, he told himself. He would not rush off to his meditation chambers and rebuild his mind, but he would stay and puzzle this with her.

2. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Ohhhhhhhhh!!!! ::deep inhale:: That was great Amidolee! I was almost shaking with excitement! The way you wrote Vader's pov and thoughts was excellent! I love this new story of yours! :D

3. Dark_Luke_Junkie

Dark_Luke_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2000
    Wow! Just found this thread and read it in one sitting -- it's excellent! I love the painfully confused interaction between Amidala and Anakin... The scene where Vader got 'caught up in the moment' and then saw the shadow of his mask... veeery creepy and very cool! I can't believe you didn't get more comments about that scene -- I loved it! :)

~D_L_J

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Thanks for the comment! :) Picked up another reader :)

I've got some stuff to take care of before I can post tonight, but I'll have one up!

5. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Wow! I really loved this one!
    You described Vader's conflict soooo well!!!

6. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Ack! I didn't post :*(

- - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -

In the end, she had decided against risking contact with him. A week passed, and Sabé, with the help of Frazz, had made arrangements to continue her search?against the advisement of the blue alien. He had at least convinced her to take a ?bodyguard?, although he had not used that term. Sabé didn?t think Ramses was exactly qualified, but the young man had shown himself to be able enough.

?Are you sure you should be doing this in your condition?? Ramses asked delicately as she finished double-checking their small supplies.

Sabé shot him an annoyed look. She could have throttled Frazz and Lorlen for spilling her news. ?I?m perfectly capable of spending time on a passenger liner.?

He looked doubtful, then shrugged and swiped the bangs from his eyes. ?You never know what could happen out there.?

?I don?t *need* a bodyguard, or someone tagging along,? she said icily.

?A young women traveling alone would be more suspicious than a couple,? Ramses argued, looking rather annoyed himself. Sabé knew he wasn?t tickled pink to be leaving Zaneeta, but he had been more pleased when he was to accompany her on a ?mission?. He probably didn?t like that fact he?d be dealing with someone that would soon be prone to mood swings and the like. Especially one well-trained in the arts of combat and married to a Jedi.

Sabé studied the younger man for a moment, assessing his attire and the blaster strapped to his hip. She had one of her own, and a vibroblade along her wrist. Their small travel packs were nothing special, and they wouldn?t appear to be anything more than a young couple traveling on perhaps their honeymoon.

She thought wistfully of Obi-Wan, immediately assaulted by a pang of guilt. Her decision not to tell him the news of their child had been difficult, but she was sure it would be better both ways around. Her search wouldn?t be hindered and he wouldn?t worry himself sick of his family?s well-fare.

It?s not being unfaithful, she told herself sternly. It was just seeing things from a certain point of view.

?Are you about ready?? Ramses asked, breaking into her musing.

?Yes. I?m in the mood to break into an Imperial compound and blow them out of the sky.?

- - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

7. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Short, but very informative. Cool! I hope that you will have internet access during the holidays, Amidolee!

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'll try to have a post up tonight, but I have my other stories as well. There will be one tomorrow though.

9. Jedichic

Jedichic Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2000
    Hello :) can't wait for the next part :)........ up

10. Jedichic

Jedichic Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2000
    Hello :) this is great!!! I can't wait for the next part :)..........up

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm apologizing for the delay in posts, but I'm having an argument with myself over a few matters regarding this story. The good stuff is coming soon, but to get there without making this story boring and incredibly long, I'd have to jump about 6 months to get into the good stuff. I'm trying to find the best way to about this.

12. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    Great post!

Well, it's all right! Take all the time you need!

13. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Time jumps don't bother me! (of course, I have no right to disagree, I jumped three years in my story. ;) Looking forward to more when you get the chance Amidolee!

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm writing a post up now before we move ahead a few months.

It'll be the last post for a few days since I will be gone.

15. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Eek! That's right, your surgery. I hope that goes well, but it will be soooo hard waiting for you to recover! :(

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

Time aboard the Star Destroyer passed infinitely, with no distinction between day or night, minute or hour. The company of Adee kept Padmé from going insane. She estimated a month had passed, but when asking Adee, it had only been two and a half weeks. Vader had come and gone, not saying much, but never speaking of his threat or her affirmation of surrender. It seemed he had forgotten, and while Padmé knew something like that just wasn?t possible, she felt herself slowly relax. Vader had not thrown another tantrum and her bruise was gone. Her quarters were comfortable, and Adee always kept up an informative chatter, sometimes telling her where Vader had been campaigning and stopping along the Outer and Middle Rooms.

? . . . we?ve bypassed Tatooine on the way to Ryloth . . .?
    ? . . . skirting the Hoth system . . .?
    ? . . . boarded a suspicious looking Hutt freighter outside of Malastare . . .?

Padmé would listen, locking the information away in her mind. She didn?t know when she would have the chance to use it, but she had always used her resources. Perhaps she would find a way of escape. She had taken great comfort in the fact that Vader had not stopped on Tatooine. Luke was still safe, as was Obi-Wan and Sabé.

Even if Adee was a diligent friend, she couldn?t help but miss her handmaidens and Sabé. The older woman had probably gone to Tatooine, where she was safe with Obi-Wan now. They were probably happy and content in that small hut that served as a rendezvous if they were ever separated. Padmé had scolded herself silently for not returning to Tatooine right away. She had told herself that she would be of better use searching for her missing handmaiden. If Sabé had escaped, she would have gone to Tatooine, and if the Imperials had executed her then she would have been dead of course.

How stupid she must have been, joining the rebellion instead of following Kenobi?s orders?

Padmé was in the process of mulling this over when Adee teetered in on stiff legs. ?Master Vader has returned, Mistress!?

?Thank you, Adee,? Padmé said, slowly rising from her lounge. The dress she was wearing was of the finest velvet from Alderaan; a rich scarlet with a low, round neck. It was beautiful and obviously expensive, and she couldn?t help but wonder why and where it had come from. There were various such dresses, all beautiful but elegant in their simplicity. *Anakin had always liked this style on me* she thought absently. The dresses arrived through Adee, who would fuss over their origins and how they were not Imperial majesty fashion, but more antiquated than she would have liked for ?the Mistress? to wear.

Not that Padmé went dining with the Grand Moffs? wives. She hadn?t set foot out of this maze of chambers, and she wasn?t intending to unless she could go under the disguise of a stormtrooper. Someday, she would free of this elaborate prison.

Adee had already disappeared, and she could hear the slight murmur of voices, then she came shuffling back. ?Your meal, Mistress. Come!?

Padmé smiled slightly. Adee?s meals were always interesting, as it seemed the droid had developed a taste for cooking. It made meals interesting, but many were surprisingly delicious. Today was a type of pasta with herb bits and a creamy sauce. A fine wine was also on the menu, and Padmé settled into the first bite hungrily.

The heavy footsteps didn?t send such chilling shivers through her as it use to, and she couldn?t pin-point exactly when it had ceased. Glancing up, she watched cautiously as Darth Vader entered, her eyes widening in surprise as he sat down across from her.

She was surprised when Adee didn?t fret about not preparing enough meal for both, and she didn?t ask what Vader would eat, nor did he order her. Confused, she took another bite of her own food. After a few moments of silence, she looked back at that mask, a frown creasing her brow. ?How do you eat?? she asked, realizing the regular consumption was not possible with the breathing mask.

17. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    This story has a delicious beauty and the beast feel to it, except that they both know that they love each other deeply, they just want to change the other's pov! :D

My favorite line was that Ami didn't plan to leave unless wearing stormtrooper armor! LOL!! Thank you bunches for posting!

18. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Amidolee, I just read this whole thing. Another wonderful story. I hope your surgery goes well.

19. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    Another lovely post!!!

I hope your surgery goes well!

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm back! But unable to stay on the computer long enough to write :-( But I'm feeling much better and the surgery was successful (now *I* have to do all the work in therapy).

Thanks for all your nice replies!!! :-D Maybe I can have a post this weekend!

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

Six months later . . .

Yeetle?s spaceport was all but demanding for repair, yet its state of decay was left unnoticed by the harried travelers as they bustled towards their terminals, anxious to reach their intended destinations for the Galactic Solstice. The holiday that took place a standard week every five standard years had once been the major Republic holiday, but under the years and years of Imperial oppression, its meaning of peace and love had long since been forgotten. This was the first Galactic Solstice under the Imperial calendar, but its manufactured joy was overwhelming to those who stubbornly recalled the quiet celebrations with families an era ago.

Cali-Ana sat sipping a hot mug of café, silently cursing Yeetle?s rainy, wintry climate. The spaceport?s foundation reeked of damp concrete and stone, and she was sure the sewer line underneath had frozen due to yesterday?s blizzard. She couldn?t help but glare at her surroundings. What joy should she feel today? Or tomorrow for that matter? It was gone, all of it. Again, her command had failed; again, the Empire had defeated the rebelling loyalists.

It had started about a month after Mabriee had made contact with her. The spies keeping watch over Lord Vader had sent encouraging news of the Sith?s movements. Apparently his earlier search for possible insurrection had stalled, his interest caught elsewhere in the galaxy. They had scraped by without an attack, and their enrollment had increased. Then five months ago, the Emperor had become restless with all the obedience in the Mid and Core Worlds, deciding to take a visit out to Akara and all the other wonderful worlds of the backwater regions. Many species had been enslaved, and ship yards and building industries had risen at an alarming rate. If you weren?t human, you were only fit to be a slave. Unless you were a wealthy planet ruler, then you were enslaved under Palpatine?s thumb.

Perhaps it had been upon accident, but Cali-Ana doubted anything was complete coincident. Not in this enterprise, at least. Someone was spilling information about the small rebellion. Any attacks of supply caravans were easily thwarted, unlike before. Someone had another?s complete trust, and access to information circulating through the small factions. Needless to say, it was only a matter of months before there had been nothing left of the rebellion.

Of those that had survived, they had disbanded, deciding it best to accept the Empire?s tyranny and pray that they could rise above it further down the road.

Cali sipped at the burning liquid. If she could find the vrelt that had done this, she?d kill them. Now she had nothing. Her career as an Alderaanian actress had long since been forgotten, she no longer helped operate a mutiny, and her Jedi powers would get her killed. It would probably wind up being a waitress job at some grimy cantina on some forsaken world.

Of course, she could always visit Tatooine. Obi-Wan had made her promise that if she was in trouble that she could take refuge with him and Sabé. She didn?t want to bother the couple. Surely Sabé had returned to the Jedi Knight after the news of Amidala?s death had been delivered. The younger woman was smart enough to know when to give up and leave.

The Force whispered softly, and Cali glanced up, her eyes scanning the dank waiting area. Nothing of the unusual, just the regular crowd of annoyed, exasperated passengers. Underneath her heavy coat and head shawl, Cali watched with close scrutiny. A young couple caught her eye. It was a tall young, handsome man arguing with his shorter wife or girlfriend. Under the gray travel cloak and plain skirt, Cali-Ana could make out her round womb. A travel satchel rest at her booted feet, and her long, brown hair was pulled back in a loose braid. There was nothing extraordinary about her, except for the proud, calm way she held herself erect. Her even tone floated across the din of the walkway, amplified by Cali?s use of the Force to hear.

22. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    Nice post!!
    I'm so happy to know that you feel better!

23. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    YES!!! A post! Hmmmm, its good to see Cali and Sabe meet up. When will they tell Obi-wan? ;) I'll be looking forward to more, Amidolee!

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I would have made that post longer, but I was starting to feel icky and had to wrap it up. I was going to write today, but that icky feeling is still there :-(

25. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Merry Christmas! Levitating!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.