main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A New Destiny" -- same universe, different destinies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Nov 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Are you making the rounds, Julie? ;-p

I've hit a horrendous posting mood in NLL, but I'll get back to this. Unfortunately, I'm being thrown off the internet in a few minutes. So, I don't there'll be anything tonight :-(

2. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -

The landspeeder was of an out-dated make, but it ran smoothly enough over the slushy streets, carrying Sabé and Cali-Ana towards a series of apartments of moderate status. Cali piloted the land craft while Sabé contented herself with the fact she was not going to be a burden to Ramses any longer. She wasn?t that blind not to notice the young man?s restlessness over his duty. It had been their friendship that had kept him from taking off the moment word came over the HoloNet of the resistance?s fate.

Sabé had been suspicious that Ramses had once had some more intimate thoughts for her, but his obvious attraction had died when she had begun to show, and after her numerous hints that she would slice his member in half if he tried *anything*. The kid was quick, and once their strictly friends relationship had been established, he?d taken it as his personal mission to send her back to Zaneeta. Of course, he never completed that mission.

Maybe she had been paranoid, but she had never told him where Obi-Wan was located. Ramses had asked several times in random conversation, but she had stoutly played ignorant of his intention. Especially now that there had been a traitor amongst them.

?How far along are you?? Cali asked as she maneuvered the speeder around a slower vehicle.

?Eight months. It feels like eight years, though,? Sabé said, rubbing her bulging womb. The baby kicked inside of her and she smiled.

?Do you know if it?s a boy or girl??

?I think girl, but I?ve never ventured far enough to confirm it.? Sabé shifted in her seat, pulling her shawl around her shoulders.

Cali paused, turning to glance at the younger woman. ?Does he know??

?Obi-Wan?? At the blonde?s nod, Sabé blushed. ?Uh, no. I couldn?t risk communication with him. I didn?t want Ramses or anyone else to be able to trace it. Maybe he knows through the Force.?

Cali shot her a look of disapproval. ?You should tell him soon. Or, better yet, return to Tatooine.?

?I would love to do that more than anything, Cali-Ana,? Sabé confessed. ?But . . .?

?Why a but??

?I feel as if I?m betraying Amidala somehow. I still don?t believe she is dead, but I?ve searched every way I can without announcing I?m a former handmaiden looking for a supposed traitor.?

Cali pursed her lips. ?She was aboard one of the vessels the Imperials boarded. If she wasn?t killed in battle the Imperials would have executed her.?

?I know. That?s the logical reasoning. But Ami and I have this bond, and I believe I would *know*.? Sabé glanced down at her hands, feeling foolish. ?The Force would let me know. Obi-Wan thought I was insane for it, but it?s just like he would *know* if something happened to one of us.?

Cali smiled sadly, steering the speeder towards a narrow avenue. ?I don?t know that man the same way you do, Sabé. But it does seem like Obi would argue with himself just to keep you on planet.?

Sabé chuckled. ?It was the only time I saw him resort to begging like a regular man. Anyway, I will contact him. But I don?t think I?m ready for space travel on another spice frigate. The Empire has been patrolling the Outer Rim. I think I?ll just wait to have a picnic with them.?

?Here we are,? Cali-Ana announced cheerfully. They were parked in the underground shed of one of the apartment complexes. It was dimly lit, but seemed clean enough. Cali grabbed both of their travel bags and secured the old speeder. ?There?s a set of stairs at the end,? she said, nodding her head towards the well. ?We?re on the third floor, luckily. Nanna and Ven will be there. You?ll like them a lot, Sabé.?

The handmaiden waddled after the taller woman. The air was cold and damp, the stone foundation an icy reminder of the winter season. Outside, it drizzled lazily, a crisp wind rattling the windows of the stairwell landing. When they reached the third level and entered the complex, Cali found herself in a warm, cozy atmosphere. It wasn?t a fancy set-up by any means, but it was clean and stable

3. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    *sniffle* My friends are out celebrating my best friend's sweet 16, and I'm stuck with a dead leg. :-( I'm in a grouchy mood now :mad:

*sigh* Ah, well, Jedi persuasion convinced the parent I needed to go to a movie with them all tomorrow . . .

I'll try to get another post tomorrow night.

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
  5. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    AH! I didn't think you would be posting so soon!!!

I like how well Cali and Sabe get along together. And how careful both of them are about protecting Obi-wan from everybody, including himself. ;) Thanks bunches for posting!! :)

6. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Nice post!!!
    I think Sabé will get along well with Cali!

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    UGH! I've been attacked by the posting-surge bug for NLL, and I can't seem to concentrate on this story. Let's all pray it stops soon, or I will have enough will power to write some more here.

I'll try to post today. I have so much story to tell.

8. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
  9. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    I can see I missed a lot! But I'm still here! And I really like how it's turning out!

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm posting more today! I'm writing a Padme/Vader post

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Here's a long, plot-forwarding post to hopefully make up for neglecting this thread!

- - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - -

It was a pity she didn?t have any outside contacts, Padmé thought absently as she eagerly drank in the schematics of the Star Destroyer, the *Executioner*. Years ago, she would have laughed if someone had told her she?d one day be an expert on ship design and mechanics. Heck, she might even build her own droid sometime if it wasn?t for Adee?s sense of failure. The protocol droid would be personally offended if she built a new companion.

It wasn?t as if Adee was wonderful company, because she was a great friend, but it would be nice to argue with someone. Oh, she did argue, and would immediately regret it. Since Adee would agree with her, then Padmé had to take her frustrations out on Vader, if she was completely stressed and he was in a better mood.

Padmé pressed her lips together, her eyes suddenly leaving Darth Vader?s computer console. It was a wonder how she had become what she was now, and she couldn?t precisely chart the progress between them because of this eternal world she lived in. There was no day or night, no week or month. The only way she kept track of the passing time was when Vader announced departure and when he had returned.

Even more confusing and exhausting than this bleak prison of hers that was suddenly becoming her reluctant home, was her relationship with Darth Vader. Ever since the day he had hit her and threatened to kill her if she didn?t surrender, he had not spoken of it. A day turned into a week, then two weeks, then into a month. The Sith Lord never once lifted a hand to strike her, and if he was urged he would simply fling poor Adee against a far wall, then listen silently as Padmé defended the droid. There brief moments of humanity in him, and she suspected it was only shown around her.

Once when he had been absent for numerous days on a campaign or whatever a Sith Lord does with an Imperial Fleet at his disposal, she had finally summoned up the courage to do some intense exploration of his private chambers. Within a week, she had cracked his clearance codes, and then was introduced to the world of the Empire. It would have been wonderful if she had a way of contacting the rebels and leaking all of this information. Under Vader?s authority, she could bring down the Empire with her mere fingers.

Unfortunately, the rebellion?s location was unknown to her, and when it was discovered her slight warning did nothing to save them.

Nevertheless, she still devoted her time alone to the computer and searching all of the files aboard. If Vader knew of her intrusion, and she was rather certain he did, there was never any execution of her continued treason. When he was ?home?, he would quietly attend her meals, sometimes they would speak. It was long and tiring, but something had made him crack his hardened, black shell.

Luke and Leia.

It had been another cautious conversation between them, and Padmé had not revealed their locations, fearing that the Emperor would use them for his purposes. She was not going to forget Kenobi?s warning, or her handmaiden?s fears. Vader had been content to know they were alive, but he hadn?t pressed for their location. It was a moment that had made her unusually jumpy.

?Mistress!? Adee sqwaked, rushing into the room on her teetering feet. ?Master Vader has returned!?

Padmé?s fingers flew over the console, shutting the system down. Her anxiety at his return was always a dizzy rush. Vader always returned in a malevolence mood, and it took some time before he became a calm, almost pleasant company. In translation, he was more Vader than her Ani.

?Thank you, Adee,? Padmé said, hurrying down to her own quarters. As she sprinted, she passed the meditation chambers, a place she dared not enter. By the time Adee was greeting him in a loud voice, her cheeks weren?t flushed and her breathing as normal. She would wait a few moments before presenting herself.

- - - -

Vader paced in

12. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh, boy! More......Please more! This is really good. :)

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'll try to have more tomorrow!

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thankyou! :)

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I've got another post coming up soon!

*gasp*

16. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    YES!!!! I'll be ready for it!! :D

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Four

?Oh, my, this is heavenly,? Sabé moaned, swallowing the last tart, which happened to be her sixth. ?These are going to turn me fat.?

?You?re already fat,? Cali stated, glancing up from the small communication device she was recharging.

?Why thank you! You know, you don?t want to bother me that much because I have a tendency towards mood swings.? Sabé licked her fingers, feeling the baby roll inside her. It was a warm, delicious feeling, to know she carried this child. She felt immense compassion towards Cali-Ana, who had lost her own son, Ben. She frowned at the ex-rebel, ex-actress. ?Is it ready? I hope it wasn?t damaged.?

Cali grinned, holding up the prize. ?Nope. I never knew he tinkered with things. He was too busy eating and running into walls.?

?Was he that clumsy as a teenager?? Sabé asked with girlish curiosity.

?You bet!? Cali managed to keep any sadness from her tone. ?We were heads over heels for each other from the start.?

Sabé winced. ?Ouch.? She smiled thoughtfully. ?I?ve only known him as dignified and graceful.?

They exchanged understanding looks, both thinking of how odd their situation was and how they minded it not a bit. They?d come to understanding on Naboo.

At the moment, they were preparing to contact the Jedi Knight on Tatooine through a special comlink he?d given Sabé. It sent an entirely different pulse through space, and only his receiving link could trace it. Sabé explained that there was also some manipulation of the Force on both parts, and Cali didn?t doubt it for a moment. The holo-projector just needed to be cleaned and recharged.

?I?m not sure about this,? Sabé grumbled, pushing up against her pillows, and arm supporting her womb as she moved. The child kicked against her hand, causing her both to wince and smile. ?She?s been rather active these past few days.?

Cali looked up. ?How are you feeling? No pain or sickness??

Sabé pursed her lips. ?No, and I don?t want to jinx it. The Force will protect it.? The memory of carrying her last child to seven months was a painful recollection, and she never wanted to repeat it. ?You know he?s going to come after me once he knows I?ve got a kid ready to pop out.?

Cali shook her head, bringing the small device to the bed and kneeling beside her companion. ?It?s ready.?

Sabé took the small, dish-shaped object in her palm, closing her eyes and drawing upon the Force. Following Obi-Wan?s explicit instructions, she was able to stretch out and call him through their bond, also channeling her connection to the comlink, activating its power and directing it.

There was a long, precious moment before the machine hummed and she felt him brush her mind. Slowly, she opened her eyes, watching Obi-Wan?s face appear on the screen. It was a murky picture, but it was more than she could have hoped for. Her heart leaped with joy as she took in his brilliant blue eyes, light beard and cropped hair, the reddish gold color streaked with gray.

?Love,? she managed to say, caught up in the moment, forgetting Cali-Ana?s presence.

Obi-Wan drew a deep breath, his emotions projected through the Force. ?Oh, Sabé. I was so worried.?

She smiled fondly. ?You needn?t be.?

?Yes, I should,? he said bluntly. His eyes softened. ?You?re glowing.?

?It must be this frequency,? Sabé teased. She glanced at Cali-Ana, who nodded encouragingly. ?Um, there?s something you might want to know. Don?t get upset with me, because it was just my stubborn duty to Amidala that kept this from you.?

Obi-Wan frowned slightly, his eyes growing concerned. ?Was your search successful??

?No,? Sabé said tightly.

?I?m sorry, love.?

?Yes, well. I?m not done yet.? Obi-Wan?s brow furrowed in dismay, and she plunged ahead. ?Obi-Wan, dear, I?m pregnant.?

If a Jedi could be stun into showing his stupor, Obi-Wan managed to project his shock through a galactic distance rather well. He didn?t say anything for a long moment, then coughed. ?H-How??

It was Cali?s turn to speak. ?Oh, sh

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
  19. Vee

Vee Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 16, 2000
    Yes, up! :)

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I thought Vader and Kenobi's actions would spark some speculation . . . :confused:

21. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm writing another post, so hopefully it will be up tonight.

22. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Oh goody! I've suffered all day and never got a chance to read this until now. :(
    I liked Obi's reactions a lot! And his decision at the end was great. He does need to go to Sabe! :D

Thank you Amidolee!

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Can't wait untill the next post!! :)

24. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Ack! I thought you were posting Amidolee? *tries to wait patiently* :)

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I had to tweak it a bit!

I was also threatened by MJ to get postng on the USJS T or D thread.

- - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -

Padmé?s pulse raced as she paced the corridor outside of her private chamber. Adee had been deactivated hours ago, and she was awaiting Vader?s arrival. She felt a deep uncertainty about what she was agreeing to. Vader?s news of Palpatine?s knowledge had sent her heart plummeting, but it had been caught and raised at his vow. She could sense the determination and sincerity in his words that were pure Skywalker, but couldn?t help but doubt if it was a trap to capture Luke for the Emperor.

Padmé had no Force powers, and she may now be completely blind in her overwhelming hope that Anakin Skywalker might have resurrected from the dead. It was perhaps incredibly stupid, but she couldn?t extinguish that small flame of hope. Something told her this was right, and she felt her heart begin to warm with long-dormant emotions.

She heard him before she saw him. Tucking the stormtrooper helmet under her elbow, turning as Darth Vader entered the room. ?The shuttle is ready,? Vader said in the quiet manner he had developed throughout her captivity.

Padmé nodded, wordlessly pulling the helmet over her tightly coiled hair. The helmet smelled of stale sterile, and she felt very confined and clumsy. She picked up the blaster, holding it in the guarded position he had taught her, tucking it to her chest. Hopefully, her small size would not be noticed beside Lord Vader, although the white armor did not fit properly. Their gamble was banked on the assumption no one would dare question Vader?s movements.

Their small Imperial shuttle was ready for them, supplied with everything they would need. They would jump to desolate system and then race for Tatooine. Padmé prayed she would be able to find Obi-Wan Kenobi there as he had told her. The Jedi Knight would handle the situation and secure her feelings about Vader. They would save Luke from the Emperor.

?Padmé,? Vader said in a soft of voice as he could manage. Hesitantly, he stretched out a gloved hand to hers, dwarfing her small hand in his. Padmé swallowed and raised her eyes to the mask, wishing she could see inside. ?I will not fail you as I failed before.?

The words rang purely of Jedi devotion, and Padmé felt her throat close, overcome with emotion. It was odd, with each of them behind masks and enclosed in their armor, they touched each other deeply than in a pure nakedness. Life never ceased to surprise her, and Anakin Skywalker had been the biggest surprise of all.

She couldn?t nod. Vader released her hand, turning with confident steps. Padmé concentrated on marching smartly behind him, native curses rushing through her head as they entered the bright corridor outside Vader?s suite.

They passed Imperial crew members and officers, but they were given a distant respect. Vader?s departure was assumed as another ?personal encouragement? to the next world that hesitated in pledging their loyalty to the Empire. Padmé thanked her strict training as a child, knowing how to carry her body self-importantly. The staccato beating of her heart was delivering a nauseating flow through her throat, and she didn?t exactly appeal to the idea of vomiting in the confining mask.

It wasn?t until the shuttle was in hyperspace that Padmé breathed properly. She pulled off her mask, turning to the silent figure of Vader in the pilot?s chair.

?I haven?t flown my own craft in years,? Vader admitted quietly, sounding almost young.

Padmé smiled slightly, remembering her husband?s great love for flying anything fast and dangerous. ?Why??

The black mask turned to her without being intimidating. ?For the sake of importance.? The black gloved hands wandered adoringly over the controls, and Padmé felt even closer to Anakin Skywalker. More and more the black, unbreakable barrier of Darth Vader was being chiseled away.

Padmé felt some of her courage return, and she *had* to know for sure. ?We will have to find Ob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.