main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A New Face

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by AngeloftheRepublic, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngeloftheRepublic

AngeloftheRepublic Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2006
    Hello! I thought I'd say hi and introduce myself since I'm a newbie around this lovely place. Unlike most, I'm not a lurker. I've visited a few times looking at the costume threads when I was interested and at the time was intrigued to join, but never did for some bizarre reason... hmm...

Anyway, I've been a Star Wars fan since I was around 11 (which isn't impressive like some considering I'm only 19), but I was raised on Star Wars in a way, just didn't like it when I was little, but I think that was because I didn't understand it and Yoda just didn't make me want to keep watching...lol... But I loved Leia, that was for sure.

I hope to see most people around as I try to get my little nose into as much as I think I can.

Oh... excited...hehe

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome AngeloftheRepublic! :)

So you are making your own costumes? Which one are you working on and/or which have you already finished? *is curious*

While being at costumes&probs, don't forget to visit the other parts of this forum. There are more great places (especially your local FanForce, maybe there are more who have made their own customs ;) ) and it would be sad if you miss one.

So enjoy discovering these boards and have a good time! :D

3. Shaggadelic_Jedi

Shaggadelic_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2006
    Hello AngeloftheRepublc!
    After reading your profile I noticed that we practically share the same name! We alreadt have something in common! I've only been a menber here for about two weeks now, but so far I've had a blast! Everyone's so friendly...
    Best of luck with your costumes!

:D

4. DancesWithBlasters

DancesWithBlasters Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 22, 2006
    You sound a lot like me. I didn't like Star Wars all that much when I was younger, mostly because my brothers did, but I do now! By the way, I love your user name!

5. AngeloftheRepublic

Nov 29, 2006
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! I love just looking around here!

As for costumes...I'm in the planning stages for a variation of the Picinic dress and have plans in the works for the Refugee dress, but I have to find the right fabrics.

I love looking at everything!

6. justicejedi

justicejedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2006
    sounds like fun!!

hope you enjoy it round here! :D

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That sounds cool. What will be the difference to the original?

Oh, and have you taken a look at your local FanForce? They might be able to help you (maybe suggesting good places where you can buy what you need). :)

8. AngeloftheRepublic

Nov 29, 2006
    The main difference will be the embroidery... I'm hoping to find some sort of sheer fabric as a base since I just don't have the patience for the embroidery. It will have a lace back instead of hooks and eyes (actually alot easier if you're on your own) and the straps will connect to the chemise/shirt rather than the corset. There will probably be a few more changes, but nothing drastic.

As for the local fanforce, that's a little hard since I'm away at school and home is quite a distance away, so...

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Sounds interesting. Maybe you can post a pic when you've finished it? [face_batting]

Why don't you join the FF where your school is? It isn't that unusual to be a member of two FFes. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.