main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA A New Fan Force?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ScottAlmighty, May 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottAlmighty

ScottAlmighty Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Hey guys...I went to the Episode 2 premier at VCC and got the little Moisture Farm Co-Op business card or whatever...just wondering...is this different from that?

Also, how do I "get in", like, REALLY be a member of this thing? Does it require me just being a fan and living in Richmond, or is there something I have to do or what?

Oh yeah, and does this group have a name? Is it just called "Richmond Fan Force" or what? If that's it...we should have a naming competition...like a voting thing on here...unless of course...people just want to leave it the way it is.

Sorry bout the overflow of questions/suggestion...alot to say, and very little time to think it out.

PEACE

2. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    Several of us were member of the MFC, unfortunately the group disolved after Episode 2. Those of us who wanted to continue to be club members of some sort formed the fan force group. We voted on the name Commonwealth Cantina a few months ago. All you have to do if you would like to join the group is show up for an event. We have been trying to plan a picnic. Hopefully a date will be set soon. It would be nice to see you there.

3. ScottAlmighty

Feb 1, 2003
    Oh, word. Commonwealth Cantina is a good one...I was hoping it wasn't "Richmond Fan Force." lol. Anyhow...

Let me know when that picnic is, and I'll more than likely be there. Sounds like fun. Peace.

4. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Maybe June? Would be fun..cheap and easy.

Keith

5. ScottAlmighty

Feb 1, 2003
    I'm game. Tell me more about the Cantina...is there a leadership thing? Member roles? Anything like that?

6. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    man, i haven't posted in a while! or even checked this board out!

amaunet is our city rep, but there is no hierarchy of leadership other than that. i think the group has a picnic tentatively planned (that i will be unable to attend because i have to work). PM amaunet for details!

7. pod_civc

pod_civc Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    hey there:) I have not posted or looked @ the boards either in a long while. Is there going to be a picnic or another one planned if there was one already?

gb

8. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Greg,
    I see you found the appropriate thread for this question :) And you answers lie there.

9. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Once July 1st rolls around I should have a little more free time.

Keith

10. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Will you guys have a website up and running soon?

11. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    There was no interest in setting up a solely fan force website. The majority of the group is involved in a local gaming group that is much more active and thus the decision was made to concentrate the funds to that website.

As you can tell, there has been very little interest to do things as a fanforce, outside of just meeting up. I seriously hope this changes soon...

12. camisa

camisa Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 20, 2000
    I expressed interest in a website, unfortunately I have no idea how to even start on one. I'm lucky to be able to navigate the web. What we really lacked was someone with the ability and willingness to make up a website.

13. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    And some people to pay for the site. I know right now with the HcP we are struggling to get those that said they would help with the $75 a year to pay.

14. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Hey camisa. Have you tried geocities? I'm a web-moron and I was able to do this. . .

MACON CLONES

The best part about it is that it's FREE! We are a small group and at the moment we don't want to run off newer members with any "hidden costs." So this has worked out great for us.

Even if you don't create a Richmond, VA FanForce site, check it out anyway. It has helped me in my understanding of web development.

15. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Geocities is yucky in my personal opinion.

But I am all for a website considering what the HcP site has done for membership there, but I really don't know what we would use the website for. Right now, we have only met 4 times, and can not get people together to participate in activities. IF we got more participation from the current "members" I would say taking the time to do a real webpage would be worth while. We have message boards here, we have not had activites as a ff group, and we could not even get feedback on the ff banner.
    Right now, what would we include on the site? If we can come up with stuff to include, I will ask Jason (or I can do it) to work up a simple site that would reflect our group.

16. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    are you not meeting as a Fanforce group anymore?

17. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    We're working on it. Some of us have been really busy lately working on one thing or another.

Keith

18. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    FAce to face meetings are really hard when you have a group of people who have thousands of things going on. We have had online chats when we can, but are still fighting for face to face meetings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.