main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A New Fan-made Prequel Trilogy That Will Flow Better To The Classic

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AJGrind421, Aug 28, 2013.

1. AJGrind421

AJGrind421 Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2013
    So I've had this idea in my head for awhile now and I'm going to school for film next year and I always hear fans who hate the prequel trilogy (I personally thought it was OK, but it could be better) and so I thought to myself, what if a huge group of fans who love the classic trilogy come together and create a NEW prequel trilogy that everyone would love and there wouldn't be as many questions at the end (And NO Damn Jar Jar)
    I'd like to hear peoples thought on this.
    And one note on the side, I would film the new projects like the original ones were, more practical effects, and less cgi effects, anyway let me know I really want to hear everyone opinions

2. Sur-Gon Jinn

Sur-Gon Jinn Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2013
    and how and who would decide what would dictate "everyone" "loving" it? The prequels were a disappointment in my eyes as well...but...what qualifies you or this group to speak for "everyone" in order to say it'll be "loved"

and how would you fund this? what about copyrights? What exactly are you looking to accomplish with this?

If you want to make a fan-film with your own take on events and whatnot. Go for it. No one should stop you. But the film will NOT be canon..will NOT replace what we already have...and will NOT be "loved by everyone"

Everyone thinks they can do a better job with the prequels...which considering what we got I'm sure many could. But what YOU dictate as "good" and what I dictate are two different things....and that's just the two of us....not including the various other fans.

so again..what exactly are you looking for in doing this fan-film? again if it's just for fun, go for it. But it's not replacing anything....and not everyone will agree on events that should could or would take place.

3. AJGrind421

Aug 28, 2013
    I'm not saying that it would replace what's already been made, I'm just saying if alot of fans who did not like the prequels could get together on forums like this and get a combined idea pot and see what we (the fans) could do, I'm not saying it would be just me but a wide collection of fans whom together bring skills and ideas to the table, of course not everyone would like it but maybe if alot of us could get together we could possibly do something epic and of course no one would make any money in this we are just supporting a franchise that all of us love

4. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    Interesting.
    And after you could make all new original trilogy. Than we'll have the whole saga that will be loved by everyone.

5. AJGrind421

Aug 28, 2013
    Exactly, of course not Everyone will love it but hopefully they would enjoy it more than the prequel trilogy

6. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Moving to Fan Films

7. Something_Exile

Something_Exile Jedi Master

Nov 23, 2012
    As someone who just finished Film School, let me you warn you now that unless you're a secret millionaire with the most natural talent ever seen, you will not be able to make one feature length Star Wars film, let alone a whole trilogy. Our final year project involved us making a 10 minute film, with very few special effects, actors that worked for free, free equipment thanks to our university, and very few, basic sets. Still cost £500. What you propose would cost millions upon millions.
    In the nicest way, change your focus to something small. Very small. Start with a small film, then work your way up very slowly, cause like everyone else, your first films will suck. Our first films were differently terrible, but our most recent endeavors are much better, it takes a lot of practice. Keep your expectations realistic, cause you won't be making a new Star Wars trilogy but you seem to be enthusiastic enough that one day, with enough practice, you could make a great short fan film. And that's not a bad goal.

8. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    You know, while I agree that the prequels could've been better, and wasn't as good as the ot, but I personally love them.

I don't claim to be able to make a better prequel trilogy, and I honestly think that anyone without proof of how "great" of quality their work is, that claims to be able to make it better than Lucas did, is full of it. Even if it's true, without proof of the fact, it's nothing but talk. That's why I don't make those claims.

I will gladly make a claim to being able to write a synopsis for a trilogy that was more structured and well written than the pt, because I have a lot of writing from the past 13+ years, a lot of which proves that fact, (and the fact that I actually have written said synopses).

So I guess if I were to give any kind of thoughts on this subject I'd say, go ahead and write the scripts if you want, but if you are going to make a star wars related film, make something original, instead of remaking someone else's work. When you finish work of your own, even set in someone else's universe, it ends up being something that you wind up being much more proud of. Other wise you end up with something that you just point at saying, "hey, look what I did".

Just my six and a half cents....