main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A New Forum

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthBane77, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    It has been brought up in the Star Wars Community that topics pertaining to the Star Wars Sequels(Episodes 7, 8, and 9) have been occuring frequently. Of course we are all aware that the chance of these films being made is always in a state of flux. With recent rumors, however, it appears that these film could someday become a reality. It is my opinion that we should indeed have at these boards a forum dedicated to the Sequels. It would be a great place to hold information about the tf.n Virtual Sequels as well, instead of only hosting all of this in the Star Wars Community Forum. I don't think I am alone in this, and it would be very interesting to see how such a forum would play out. Perhaps we could run a trial run of such a Forum, almost like what was done in the fanfic forum, when it was split. Give it a few weeks, or months, and see how things turn out. I wouldn't mind sacrificing some time to do work on it either, coming up with rules/sticky threads etc. So, if you'd like to give this a try, it would be much appriciated.

:)

[color=white=]DarthBane77[/color]

Under reason of the MODs, I am going to lock this up myself. Perhaps when the announcment is made things will be different. Oh well. I'm still sticking to my guns on this one.

2. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    With recent rumors, however, it appears that these film could someday become a reality.

What rumors? You mean the ones where Lucas says he'll never make them?

I don't think an entire forum is needed to discuss three movies that won't ever be made. And even if they may someday in the future come to pass, it won't be for a number of years, you can have a forum then.

3. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    I am thinking the Saga forum could handle topics like that, unless the Saga forum only deals with the Episodes that are confirmed.

4. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    What rumors? You mean the ones where Lucas says he'll never make them?

No. I meant the ones released about Spielberg and the like. I think you should at least give it a chance. A trial run. If it goes over poorly, then shut it down, but It hink it is time for this forum.

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I don't think that a forum dedicated to rumors are necessary. However, should these rumors prove to be accurate, then I would certainly agree with you.

Unfortunatly, these are nothing but mere rumors at this point. :(

6. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    It would also be a great place to hold information regarding the Virtual Sequels. After all, they are 3 films, and there is a lot of speculation. The Star Wars Community just isn't, in my opinion, the right place for it. I think alos, there is more of a chance these films will be made then you may think.

-DB

7. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    Give it a chance. Let me have a little bit of room to work with things, and see if it is not indeed a well-liked forum. I think many people are going to agree with me on this.

Besides, what can it hurt? A trial-run isn't going to kill anyone.

8. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    A thread, maybe. But certainly not an entire forum. The films are not going to be made, so it is rather pointless, whatever rumor you heard. And the topic can be a single thread, maybe call it, "Ep7-9 Speculation and Discusssion".

And we already have 2 forums where this topic belongs:

9. The Star Wars Saga Forum.

10. Lucasfilm Projects Forum

11. And TV shows, etc belong here:

12. Small Screen Star Wars

14. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    I still think its a great idea.

Petition:

DarthBane77

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't think we need a sequels forum. But I am wondering, what about a prequels forum? Are the prequel forums eventually going to merge together into one forum as with the OT forum? The reason I bring this up is that a lot of times topics come up in one of the PT forums that really encompass the whole PT but not really the OT. Or these threads end up in saga, even though they pertain only to the PT.

-sj loves kevin spacey

16. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    It has been brought up in the Star Wars Community that topics pertaining to the Star Wars Sequels(Episodes 7, 8, and 9) have been occuring frequently.

I don't exactly remember this being brought up, since it's not really a problem anyways. These topics are usually locked and directed to the specific threads in the Star Wars Community Forum that are used for the purpose that you have described above.

In fact, I have saved on my computer a file which I simply copy and paste when one of these redundant threads come up. It is as follows:

Well, such questions and topics are for those affiliated with the Virtual Sequel Deparment of TF.N, and the Virtual Sequel Discussion. :)

The Department is more of a structured area that provides updates and information, while the Discussion is more of a "personal" atmosphere where you can add your ideas and talk with others on certain topics. :)

Also, to discuss concepts of "Episodes 7,8, and 9", please visit the Official 7,8, and 9 thread!!! for that.

Your questions will most likely be answered there, and your input would be very much appreciated. ;)

That easily solves the problem of rendundant sequel threads in the Star Wars Community, and directs them to the correct threads for that discussion to take place in.

I highly doubt an entire forum is needed, when a few dedicated threads in the Star Wars Community Forum do the job efficiently themselves. ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

17. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Actually, GS, andy thread in the SW Saga forum about 7, 8, 9 is locked on sight, as it should be, since they're not a part of the Saga. There's an official thread in SW Community about it and a thread in the CT forum about them. I think that's plenty. How would you fill a whole forum with that discussion? There's basically nothing to discuss. It'd basically turn into a purist forum where "Well, let's throw the EU out the window and speculate" is a common viewpoint.

18. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    Well, I think that at least, if there is to be no Sequels forum, that sequels discussion should be allowed in the saga Forum. But I'm still going to go with my gut on this one and bet I'm not alone.

19. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    Why can't we just try it? A Trial-run

See how it goes? Its not going to kill ya, is it?

;)

20. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    I don't think it fits in the Saga forum either, since it deals with the basis of the 5 movies (and 6, when Ep. III comes out and is open for discussion) in the Saga we already know.

Speculation usually happens in the Star Wars Community Forum, as it should- and so it's not coincidence that the majority of relevent sequel topics are located there. ;) :)

21. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Why can't you just post it in the Official thread? The Official Thread?

Just post it there. Its not going to kill ya, is it?

;)

22. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    it's not coincidence that the majority of relevent sequel topics are located there

Well, of course its not coincidence, as thats the only forum that allows it. Also, I think there's a lot to discuss. You dedicate a forum to the prequel films before they are released. They are oftn times only filled with speculation. BTW, its not just speculation. There are some solid facts. Also, its a lot to dedicate every single topic dealing with the VS into one thread. There could be numerous threads on this, and I think there should be. Give it a try, at least.

23. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    You dedicate a forum to the prequel films before they are released. They are oftn times only filled with speculation. BTW, its not just speculation. There are some solid facts.

Yes, but they knew that the prequel films were going to be created. In the early stages a lot is filled with speculation, but those movies were verified to be produced and released.

As for the rumors, that is all they are, rumors. It could very well be solid information and they could very well happen, but there has to be more information to act on.

24. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Well, of course its not coincidence, as thats the only forum that allows it.

Exactly, because that's the forum to discuss it in. You don't have people posting about Episode III spoilers in the in the RPG forum, because Episode III are for the Episode III Spoilers Forum, and Roleplaying is for the RPG forum.

Likewise, sequel discussion can be done in the marked threads in the Star Wars Community Forum. ;) :)

Also, I think there's a lot to discuss. You dedicate a forum to the prequel films before they are released. They are oftn times only filled with speculation.

Of course, because the Prequel films have a lot more discussion than the prospect of sequels. Why? Because we know for fact that the Prequels are going to be made, and there is tons to discuss on it, a majority of which isn't speculation like is done in the Virtual Sequels thread and such, considering it is based off of rumors on production and such. And since no sequels are currently being made, you can't discuss rumors on production, since they're not being produced. ;)

Also, its a lot to dedicate every single topic dealing with the VS into one thread. There could be numerous threads on this, and I think there should be.

The Virtual Sequels thread isn't even one of the most active threads in the Star Wars Community forum. I doubt that an entire forum is needed for it. ;)

25. Devils-Advocate

Devils-Advocate Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    I would like a Trial Run for a forum where JCers (read: me) petition for Abner_Doon to be unbanned.

*checks*

Crap, never mind.
    ;)

26. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    What about the Virtual Sequels having the forum for the most part then, but other sequel news can be posted there? There's a lot to talk about in the VS, and one thread containing discussion on three films and the aspects thereof is a push.

27. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    What about the Virtual Sequels having the forum for the most part then, but other sequel news can be posted there?

When the sequels are officially announced, and actual sequel news comes out, then a forum can (and, if it's a official, most likely will) be created. Until then, all news is rumor and speculation, since it's not happening. ;)

28. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    Tell me. what would happen to the Episode III forums if George Lucas decided mid-way thro to stop production and not to make the film?

29. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    They would probably be allowed to exist for a short while, so all of the complaining could be contained to those forums. Then they would most likely be taken out back and shot (forums).

30. DarthBane77

Feb 26, 2003
    Because thats exactly what happened to the Sequels. There were plans. There was:

A new villian.

A new plot.

A New Force of "Evil" to hinder the galaxy.

Conceptional art.

A possible toy-line(which is where most of this information went after the decision to pull the plug)

I'm telling you. These films have plenty to discuss.

Also, the Virtual Sequels could go side-by-side with them. It would make a good forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.