main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A new Head Admin: Grilled-Sarlacc

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Kimball_Kinnison, Mar 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    He felt like Wise's hatchet man to me and not conflicted about what happened. He chose his side and stuck it out as nineteen of his peers resigned or were forced out. But hey, I'm not just aiming that accusation at him, but those who stayed and didn't truly call Wise in to account publically for his poor handling of the situation. It's not that I don't respect his or others' past contributions - many of them have been rock solid but for this - but it irks me to no end to see the way this was handled. It really does, but perhaps I'm in the super-minority here.

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I can tell you from many conversations that G-S was conflicted from the beginning, and put in a difficult position. You can agree or disagree with how he acted or did his job, but he had nothing but good intentions from the start of all this.

I dislike much of how this has been handled from the start, but that's a different matter to me.

3. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    Well, I can only go on public perception, and it was poopy.

4. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Very few mods came out of this looking good in my view and almost none of those are above VIP.

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The opinion is fine but as someone who PM's regularly with GS I can assure you the entire thing tormented him. Every single person whether demoted, or if they stayed, or left of their own accord toiled with this and didn't like going through it at all.

For every PM GS got, he apologized. Philip simply chose GS to e-mail and that was it. He didn't ask for it to happen that way. He asked why he didn't e-mail me. The whole thing surprised him. He was the messenger and handled himself with incredible professionalism.

And he didn't ask me about the head admin position at all. He wanted me back in the position. Even when I decided to return as a manager and we were unanimous to make it GS, he was still hesitant. I've never known him to brown-nose about anything in all the time I've known him. He didn't do it to me, Josh, or Philip I can assure you of that. If anything, I threw it on him. I surprised everyone by deciding to be a manager. I'm not upset with you, Bane. You're a mod buddy. But that's simply untrue and I can attest to that. :)

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I just don't like the fact that things went through G-S and not you Sape. It doesn't feel proper that he is Head Admin now. This is nothing personal against G-S he does an excellent job and has always been one of my favorite mods here...but it just doesn't sit right with me.

7. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Congrats GS on your promotion!

Good luck... you're gonna need it!

8. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I just don't like the fact that things went through G-S and not you Sape

All Philip's doing. He wasn't aware that Sapient was the head administrator for quite some time.

9. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Rox, your viewpoint is valid. But I don't think we should hold Philip's ignorance against GS. What if it was Raven/Gandy whom Philip decided to be his messenger instead of GS? Then this wouldn't be an issue.

It's not GS's fault that Philip was clueless about who ranked where in the admin structure here.

Maybe Philip will now think Sape is the head admin ;)

10. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    You did surprise everyone by becoming a manager. I thought after you were demoted, you'd stick with the Departed Mods and see them all back or none at all. But that's one hiccup in a career that otherwise has not bothered me at all. Like you said, we're mod buddies and I wish all the Mod Team success.

But I will not let them forget there are still eighteen of their number who aren't with them. Perhaps I just think I would have reacted differently; hell, we all know what happens when the Staffers **** around with me: drama, yelling and banning. I'd like to think I could've convinced nearly every mod to boycott Wise, but with preparation.

But that's all tangetical to this and G-S. Perhaps it's because I've always carried a grudge since he came in just before I left in 2002 (summer) and deleted the icon work I had done. It felt like a slap in the face from an upstart who didn't know better. This could be because of that. But the past weekend helped none at all with my perception.

royalguard - if it was Raven, I would've given him hell in private and public. I still don't like how he sat on his hands in my eyes and let people leave. I don't. I cannot state enough how poorly this was handled, but I guess all will be water under the bridge in a few months.

11. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Congratulations, Grilled-Sarlacc..

I suspected you would be chosen for this position eventually, and I believe you will make a formidable Head Administrator.

Peace.
    -LT

12. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Congrats on your new position.

You've made significant contributions to the forums with your work on icons and your spoiler compilations, so I'm certain of your orgaizational skill and ability to handle the function.

Best of luck with it!

:)

13. Cheri

Cheri Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000
    Congrats G-S, and good luck!

14. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    congrats GS.

while still have bad feelings about everything that's gone down the past few days, none of it has to do with you. not to mention that i don't think it has anything to do your promotion.

so sincere congrats on the new job :)

edited for clarity

15. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Guys, some of the mud-slinging I'm seeing thrown at GS in this thread is pathetic and immature.

(To those who aren't participating in the name-calling, which would be most of the posters here--this isn't directed at you.)

Grilled has worked his ass off on this site, both with the icons and in moderating, and deserves to be head admin. It does not mean he kissed Philip's ass. You've never met a U.S. Marine in person if you think any of them are ass-kissers. He got the job because he earned it through hard work and fair administrating.

16. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I just don't like the fact that things went through G-S and not you Sape. It doesn't feel proper that he is Head Admin now.

So Phil's ignorance should be held against G-S? That doesn't make sense to me.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Congrats Grilled!! Don't let that metal head of yours swell too much from the extra responsibility! ;)

18. FuzzyRatt

FuzzyRatt Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2003
    Congates, Grilled.

You are already doing a great job.

I am off line for five hours and we have two new Mods and a new Head Admin. Now that is what I call progress.

At this rant, I'm going to need a scorecard. ;)

Edit: Can't spell after midnight, brain shuts down. 8-}

19. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Congratulations, GS. :) :) :) you'll be a great head cheeze !!!

20. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Congrats, Grilled-Sarlacc! You will be a great head admin!

You have always been very nice to new users such as myself when I first came here. You even took the time to post pictures of my former icon's (Senator Lexi Dio) role in AOTC, and explained to me who she was. Her role in AOTC was all of 2 nanoseconds long, but the costume was fabulous.

Again, congrats!

21. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Congrats, big guy. :)

22. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    Congrats buddy! Knock 'em dead!

23. DarthBane420

DarthBane420 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 13, 2003
    Semper Fi Gs, the flag has been planted on the shores of TFN...

[image=http://www.capitolmuseum.ca.gov/virtualtours/shared/linkmedia/Marine_flag.jpg]

24. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Conratulations to you :) Have fun up there Mr Head ;)

25. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Congrats, G-S, fellow old guy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.