main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL A New Hope at Outdoor Film Festival

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I'm planning to go. [face_alien_1]

2. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I'm in...
    will probably go down there straight from work (Oak Lawn) rather than drive home (Mokena) and come back...which will probably get me there around 3:00 to 3:30 pm

3. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I will definitely be there as well and will be taking the Metra down after I get off work.

4. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I'm about 60% sure I'll be there. Just have to see if the wife will be off of work that day so she can watch my little man.

5. YodaDaMax

YodaDaMax Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2003
    I'd love to go, but it's on the first day of school!

6. Bamboleo

Bamboleo Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    oooooooooooooooooh! I wanna go!

7. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    I called the "box office" or whatever number was listed for this, and asked them what version they will be showing. The guy had no idea cuz all it said was "Star Wars"! I swear people are stupid. I asked if he could look into it for me and give me a call back, and they said they can't do that sort of thing.........kind of pisses me off....but whatever.

I will defenitely be going, as I am currently trying to figure out how I'm getting down there after work. Since I do not have a costume, I'll probably just wear my CF shirt like I did on Sunday when I went to Ravinia...maybe this time I can actually see/meet some CF peeps...really didn't see anyone at Ravinia in a CF shirt...

8. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    wearing a costume will be dictated by the weather..
    ;)

both of my costumes are very warm....I have done a serious amount of sweating in them of late...

come to think of it....
    most of the costumes are very warm....

9. flippingyodacola

flippingyodacola Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Ill be there, probably with Phyllis, but not in costume.
    Ill be comming from swimming, so sitting and watching a movie will be a nice relief.
    Of course, Lionel will be in costume...
    "Its not fun for me if I cant look like an idoit"

10. nalan1138

nalan1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 2, 2002
    I am gonna try and attend, depends on that whole work thing, and since I am to lazy to look it up, what time does it start? Right after dark? Cause if Haz goes, I will feel safe, otherwise.............

11. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    well ...Mr. Lazybones...:oops:
    it starts at 8:09 pm...
    yeah...8:09...
    well..
    that must be "darkness"

12. Jedi_Meatbag

Jedi_Meatbag Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    It should be close enough to darkness by that point. I'll be heading out there with a group from my school sometime around 4. I am soooooo tempted to parade around in my new costume, especially since I am less than 24 hours removed from GenCon this past weekend.

13. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    go for it...there will be other costumes down there..

14. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Have fun everyone, I must work......
    Ed

15. KevoFett

KevoFett Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2005
    I'm really excited about going to go watch it, I can't wait till tomarrow. This will be the first time I go watch A New Hope on the big screen.

16. doc4converse

doc4converse Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    I wish I could be there. Y'all have fun. The weather is perfect for costumes unless you are wearing Leia's bikini costume.

17. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    I'll be there around 10:00 A.M. Hope to see everyone there.

Phil

18. MrShiny

MrShiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Anyone going today have a cell phone so we can find the spot?

19. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I'm not going to arrive until between 730 and 8pm so I've got the same question as Shiny, is there someone we can call when we get there so we can find the CF group?

I'll be wearing my CF shirt so please keep an eye out for me but I know it'll very difficult with that huge of a crowd.

And if someone does have a cel number please PM us as I know it'd probably be a little odd to post it publicly. Thanks.

20. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    I don't have a cell phone....I plan on being the last person on earth to not have one!

21. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    <out of town anal daddy nerd whose opinion can be take or left for what it's worth>

just bear in mind that if there's a large group of folks coming very late, and a really sweet spot staked out in front, those further back may frown upon the huge CF contingent in their shiny shirts taking up all the best real estate.

in other words, bring lots of blankets, i suppose.

(I only mention it because I've heard of issues like this in the past with similar outdoor events.)

</out of town anal daddy nerd whose opinion can be take or left for what it's worth>

22. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    ref cell phone.........ok, can I be the next to the last person to get one:)

23. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    AWESOME to see ANH on the really big screen again...and ...as always...good to see all of the rabid fans last night!

24. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    man...just imagining how awesome this must have been...grant park on a perfect summer night in chicago, thousands of movie fans and star wars nerds, a HUGE screen and a great flick...

have I mentioned that I miss chicago in the past 12 hours? well, i am now.

25. Jedi_Meatbag

Jedi_Meatbag Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    Oh man, wasn't last night grand? To be able to finally see ANH on a big screen with that kick ass sound system(3 words: Death. Star. Explosion!!!!). All of the photo ops were great. I had no idea that so many young people were so into Star Wars. I'll never forget the kids that asked a few of us for autographs after the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.