main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL A New Hope - message boards in the Orlando System

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sabacc, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    In the roll call thread we've been discussing having our primary discussion board be carried out separately from here. RogueScribner has created a board at EZboards I think is workable. It's not what we had before, but much of the functionality is still there. Please check it out and chime in here or there with suggestions or thoughts. This is not a done deal, but he and I have put a little time into it to see how it might work. We need input! Thanks in advance. -Campbell

2. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    Does it notify you when someone replies in a topic you're watching? THat's what I'm missing the most right now. I think I saw that feature here, just too lazy to look it up at the moment...!

3. zam-70

zam-70 Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2005
    I just registered on the ezboard and so far I like it.

Jennifer

4. Padawan_Tai-lin

Padawan_Tai-lin Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2005
    I have the same question as Audrey

5. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Yes it does.

6. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Come on people, lets get this new board rocking!!!!

7. Audtoo

Audtoo Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2005
    i'm in!

8. Eofer_Draijonsai

Eofer_Draijonsai Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2005
    I'm on. Hopefully I won't encounter the password problems I have here. But What little I saw looks alright.

9. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Password problems- that's one of the most annoying challenges with these TF.n boards- your password is not held long enough and you can't choose your own. Often when I have something I'd like to say I'll skip it because I don't want to go digging for that unmemorable password TF.n assigned me.

Also- if you happen to be in right now, drop onto the new boards and say hi in the chatroom. It's linked at the top of the page and requires Java.
    http://p105.ezboard.com/borlandosystem

10. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    What are you talking about? I have my own password here. If you go under "Options" can't you change your password to whatever you want?

11. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Blast it! How could I be so stupid?

It's probably been a long time since I checked, but I know that was not there before. Thanks for the tip. OK, nevermind, I got my password changed, I say kill the exboard. joke. Thanks for the help, Rogue.

12. Padawan_Tai-lin

Jul 13, 2005
    I tried logging into our new "home" on the EZ but, the page/link was not found......what's happening?

13. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I visited the site off and on last night and I just checked it a minute ago; everything seems fine.

14. Padawan_Tai-lin

Jul 13, 2005
    hmmm...ok....everything is ok now.....i guess it must have been a fluke :)

15. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Sometimes ezboard goes down for maintenance and I know sometimes the board will lag for a few minutes but then pick up again. I'm not sure why that happens. Any downtime we experience as a Gold community will be replenished so we won't be paying for dead time.

16. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Mike, I'm sure this would have to be submitted by Dale, but do you have the time and interest (I know you have the talent) to make a banner for this board that would make it more consistent with our ezboard? There's no rush because we'd want to do it in conjunction with how we want our ezboard to change. If we do. -Campbell

17. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    You mean for here? Do they do that? I guess I wouldn't mind working on something, but I'm juggling a couple of other projects at the moment so I'm not sure when I'd get to it.

18. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Just a little bump, nothing to worry about....

If you just happened into our forum, check out the link in our signatures for the real activity. Welcome!

19. kyzman99

kyzman99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    Is the board down? I have been trying to get on for hours, but keep getting errors.

20. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    It is down. Mike's researching with good and possibly not-as-good results. We know it's an ezBoard problem serverwide. Stinky time for it though. How was FX today? -Campbell

21. kyzman99

kyzman99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    FX was packed. We got there about 9:45am and had no problem getting in. However, those getting there later were met with very long lines. The set up is a bit spacier (sp?) than past years, but it was still just as packed. We met Sharon there and chatted a bit. First hit was George Romero, who was super kind and all smiles. Next up was a walk of the perimeter and a stop to see how the other celebs were making out. By far, the popularity of celebs was the following: Robert Englund, George Romero, Firefly, David Caradine. The Firefly folks had a huge line by 11am. Caradine seemed like a bit of priss, so I passed on his auto. My buddy picked up a Peter Mayhew auto, and he was as charming (sarcasm) as always.

Not a tremendous amount of goodies from what I could see, but I picked up a Saga Fett, and an ESB Tauntaun ($12 w/ box). No reissue interactive R2s, so that was a bit of a bummer. I'm thinking there should be some decent deals for tomorrow, since everything was at peak price today.

Random notes:

- Packed...including parking was all over the lawn outside. Much bigger turn out than I have seen even for Megacon.
    - They handed us swatches of Halle Berrys costume for X-men 3 as a gift when you walk in - pretty cool
    - Not as much SW stuff as I would have liked. Most of the usual vendors, with a bunch of 'junk' vendors to fish through.
    - Priscella Barnes is not aging as well as she thinks she is. She was wearing a belly shirt, and had a nice roll of fat hanging over her skirt. Did I mention skirt? Good...b/c you would not want to look at her old vein ridden legs. Sorry...I know I'm not a great catch either, but cmon and dress a little better. She was wearing a purple top where her nipples were visable through it. Not so good...
    - C3 Vaders were everywhere, and without the shell, they went for as low as $15.
    - New saga Hoth figures were everywhere, and the price fluctuated from $8 per figure to $15 ea
    - Didn't see as many costumes as last year
    - Master Replicas booth is all the way in the rear of the main bldg, across from Peter Mayhew. Nothing new there, except for 2006 memberships.

Hope you all have fun tomorrow. While I would love to go back another day, I was happy to escape with only dropping about $100.

22. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I don't know if you got autographs for Summer Glau and Alan Tudyk, but if you did or if you saw, how much were they charging? Also, were they allowing photographs to be taken for "free" or did that cost even more? I was shocked at MegaCon last year where, for the first time I can remember, a few actors were not only charging for an autograph but charging MORE if you then wanted a picture with them.

Brandon

23. kyzman99

kyzman99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    I did not wait on the Firefly line. I think most people were signing for $20 each. Not sure on the picture charge, but haven't seen anyone, except for Peter Mayhew today charge for taking a picture. Some celebs have their own cameras that they ask for you to take pictures with and then they sign - for another auto fee....not.

If you are heading there tomorrow, go straight to the Firefly line, since it seemed to be the line to be on. I saw some people with Firefly costumes on as well.

24. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Mayhew charged for photographs? Typical. I guess he thinks that Revenge of the Sith was a gigantic boost to his career and credibility.

If I do not make it tomorrow, I have someone going who should be able to get me the autographs I want. Sadly, this will be only the second time ever, out of all of my autographs, where I am NOT there to get them. It makes it just a tad less impressive, of course, but as long as it has the "To Brandon... etc.," I'll be somewhat happy. I do hope to be there, though. The issue is, and I explain this because I know full well that everyone cares, that for two more weeks my days off went from Fridays and Saturdays to Mondays and Tuesdays. A gigantic "Uhg" is all that I let out when that happened. They'll be back to normal soon enough, but it is typical that it would happen right now. So, I worked today, and I work tomorrow. I am not due in until 4:00pm, but still... Sigh.

Oh, well. Thanks for the information... especially about Mayhew. Not that I was going to get his autograph (already have it), but even if I wanted it, I'd not PAY for a picture with him. It was bad enough when Prowse stole $10 from my friend, and now Mayhew does this.

Damn, to hell with working weekends. It goes beyond sucks and straight into SuXor.

Brandon

EDIT: Are you taking part in the Lunar Festival in WoW...?

25. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    I don't know about FX, but at Dragon*Con the celebs charged one price for an autograph and requested an extra $5 donation to a hurricane fund for a photo with them. I think I ended up paying $20 each to Jewel Staite, Adam Baldwin, Morena Baccarin, and Ron Glass. I wish I could be there this weekend to pick up Summer Glau and Alan Tudyk. GRRR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.