Spok, WA A New Hope to be played at former theater in town

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --SwordSaint-- Jedi Knight

star 1

If they really are planning on going through with any self-righteous splicing, I don't think I'll be making it to the theater next week or any other week.[face_shame_on_you]
    [/quote]

OKEY-DOKEY[face_worried]
    i'm sure you'll be sorely missed.

PS. Lighten up dude! Your'e going way over the top.
    Swordsaint out.
  2. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    DAMN.

* reluctantly plants foot in the dirt *

This isn't going to go well. Either way.

* leaves foot in the dirt, and draws a line *

Chris is right. Period.

It's not like it was the most controversial, or even offensive, movie put out. That year, or ever.

* while foot is still in the dirt, pulls it back, and draws another line *

It IS their building, and because of that they have the final say in what is, or is not, screened there. UNFORTUNATELY, that also gives them a right regarding content of what they agree to screen.

I don't agree with their possible choice in this matter. But there is no guarantee that this is thier final choice. There is still time to debate the matter with them.

Chris, you are both; very intelligent, and very eloquent.
    Talk to them. Not John or anyone else in this Forum, but the people at that Church. In a very respectful manner. It IS their place. Not ours, or yours. You have no more right to tell them what they should play than they have to tell you what YOU should watch.

No matter what, the final decision regarding what is on that screen is up to them.

I will do my best to be at the "A New Hope" screening. Chris, I really hope to see you there.

Anything beyond that, is still "up in the air".

Intelligent communication is always a good idea.

3. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I think an important fact to keep in mind here is that when they eventually air Episode 3 on TV (and they will) they WILL edit that scene out, I don't see how it's much different, and I don't see what the big deal is.

This is the last I will post on this matter. If and when they do decide to show all 6 and decide to edit that scene out, Choose whether you want to attend and view it, if so, great, if not, great. But please do not make a fuss over it. It's not worth it. For the good of the group, just drop it.
  4. mightyd4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hmmm.
    "(*%(*& %*&% (*&% (*& @(*&%(*&^ @&*^ &*^(*&^&%$*&^% (*&@% (^*% *(^@% (*&%^ @(*&% (*&^@%^( *^%(*&%@ (*^% (&^%@)( & %^@(%)(&^*^%$(*&^ (@&*% (*@&^ %(%^ (@^&*% (@&*^%$@^(% @^%(*&^@(*^ $ % *^%$%(*&^(*&@#^(*&%(&*@^(*^&@%T*&%@*& ^%$^%#$@*&% *%&$ @*%&$ *&%$%$@ @*&%^$ @*&%$*!@ ^&%@ @&%^$ *&^% @%^$*&%^$@*&%^$ *& ^& *&^% *%&$ "

There is my rant on the subject. I couldn't say nothing but I can't say anything either. I had a big message here, but I decided to edit it out too.

On a lighter note, maybe if they edit it out, we can act if out in front of everyone with some gasoline and a match! (Joking!)

It's late, I'm not tired, have to get up for a hectic day at work in the morning, so this may not be the most coherent post.

5. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I recieved an email this weekend from Donnie from Liferoads Church, he's been watching the discussion, and asked me to post this for him...

I think that nullifies this entire discussion.
  6. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
  7. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    A thought occurred, anyone want to make some buttons with the new logo that we can wear for the movie night?
  8. -JediClone- Jedi Master

star 2
    Discussion nullified. I'll be there.
    (There's no emoticon face for "sigh of releif". Pity.)

It was never my intention to p*ss off or split the group or bully the church into doing things my way. Censorship is just something I feel very strongly about and I felt I could air my grievances without breaking the no politics/ no religion bylaw.

Whether I show up in costume will depend on if I can still fit into it.

9. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    HAHAHA, That's one great thing about this group... we can get all riled up, but given enough time, we're a big happy family again...

Good night Spokantina, I'll be back in the morning.
  10. mightyd4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    A quick poll:

On Friday should Nick...

1. Go to his 10 year high school reunion and see a bunch of people he doesn't really care about.

2. Go to the Star Wars movie with you guys/gals.

3. Stay home and play video games by himself while crying in his beer.

11. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    2... and not just because I wanna see higher attendance at this event... :D
  12. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    So, who is actually going, and of those, who is dressing up and as who/what?
  13. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going, dressing as Han Solo.
  14. Eledaia Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just blew off my 10 year reunion, and my best friend from high school is probably going to kill me because I made her go alone....so you know who to blame if I go missing....
  15. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going as a dark Jedi (thanks to James) complete with glowing lightsaber (thanks to John).
    Also, I'm bringing a friend who will be a Jedi. Duels may break out ;)
  16. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay for random acts of violence!!! ;)
  17. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll answer these in the order presented:

1. Since you don't care about those people, don't go! Go see Star Wars, instead.

2. Since you do care about us and like being around us, you should definitely go see Star Wars with us!

3. While staying home and playing video games isn't bad in itself, if you're alone and crying into a beer... well, that's just not healthy. Go see Star Wars.

I'm debating dressing up for the movie. Since I don't have any outfits that directly relate to any of the films, I doubt that I will. But I'll probably bring a sabre.

Aw Crud!

That's a great idea John! Somehow, I doubt that we'll be able to get them together in time for the movie. C-4 is a definite possibility.

Want to set up a button-making meeting? :D
  18. -JediClone- Jedi Master

star 2
    Hey, Nick. Joe looked up a replica-prop website today:

http://www.newmoonprops.com/

Among other cool Star Wars swag, they are selling resin casts of Darth Sidious's lightsaber for $20.00 and I am definitely getting one. If you'd like one (or if anyone else wants something from the site) LMK and we can split shipping costs.

And no, I don't think they ship overnight.
  19. mightyd4 Jedi Knight

star 2
    "It looks like a big white....... Woody? Woody Harrelson?" (Quote from Ausitin Powers if you missed it, about the resin lightsaber)

Good news is I will be going to the movie, and going to the other half of my reunion on Saturday.
  20. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    Way to get the best of both worlds :D
    I hope the reunion was fun
  21. Eledaia Jedi Knight

star 3
    That was fun! Thanks for inviting us, Donnie and Liferoads church and let us know when you show another one!
  22. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, thank you very much Donnie and Liferoads church.

That was very cool.

And thank you everyone for going and hanging out at Pizza Hut, afterward. I really appreciate that.
  23. The_Cheeser Force Ghost

star 3
    Yes that was great!
    So you all went to pizza hut dressed up? How many looks did you get?

When I went to meet my wife at sharis, Sammy wanted to go inside with full Darthness. So he did and had fun telling mommy that he got to play with big kids!
  24. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm glad Sammy had a fun time. I did and so did Heather.
    Hey John, we need to construct PVC sabers again so we can beat on each other without worrying about breaking the shiny ones.
    Pizza Hut was a blast. Another group came in and a couple of girls thought we were dressed kind of weird. Our waitress thought it was cool :D
  25. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    Sounds like you all had fun! I'm sorry I missed it. My bro's wedding went well though :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.