A New Idea...possibly an old idea......

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by Schph_Gochi, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I wondered if Chicago Force has ever done the Channel 11 pledge drive thing?
    I am scheduled to be a volunteer at Channel 11 on December 7th with the Prairie People Volunteers, Forest Preserve District of Will County. I have done this several times before and it is actually a lot of fun.

Anyway...that is when you sit in the studios and answer the phones and take pledges from people calling in ...it is usually a 4 hour shift. If you get 10 or more volunteers...Channel 11 will give you and extra boost of publicity...but at any rate...if you wear the Chicago Force T-Shirts, they will be highly visible when the camera pans the pledge volunteers.

So....what do you think?
  2. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    I'd be game.... but do we have enough time to set this up?

~H~
  3. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Possibly not....
    But if there is enough interest...they do these pledge drives on a regular basis...and it can always be scheduled for one of the other pledge drives at a later date.

So.....if there is enough interest and reponses to this post...I will get more information.

4. ThomSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm up for it, even though I always hated when those pledge drives would delay my Sunday night British TV viewing... ;)

So, not the next drive, but perhaps for the one after that?

5. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    When I went to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, I was part of a Doctor Who fan group called Time Travellers Anonymous. We would usually answer phones at the local PBS station about twice a year. It would be nice if we could be paired with a program that had a science fiction theme.

Phil
  6. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm.....good idea!
    They changed the date that I will be doing the pledge thing to Dec. 14th....we are supposed to be on the air from noon to 3:00 or 4:00 pm...
    I will try to pick up more information when I am at the station and see what is coming up in the spring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.