main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation A "new jedi order" after the empire era? I dont think this is a logical plot

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by DeathknightEdge, Nov 6, 2012.

1. DeathknightEdge

DeathknightEdge Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2012
    I see many people talking about how the movie will take place aprox 30 years after ROTJ which I agree on. What I also hear is about how Luke will have established this great new jedi order and jedi's will once again be a part of the post empire republic or whatnot. We cannot be assured the empire is completely gone btw and if there is conflict still after 30 years the galaxy is a big place.

But I ask you to think on this from a realistic logical standpoint. If you think back to EP3 when the emperor had declared himself and how he gave his speech on how the jedi had tried to kill him etc everyone there from every planet seemed to be on the same page of "Jedi are bad now" they have become a threat. Thus order 66 happened and everyone seemed to be ok with jedi being hunted down. Except for a few who knew the truth Bail Organa and a few, jedi and their "ancient religion" are bad news.

Now I know that the empire did bad things (blow up planets, desolve the senate EP4) etc. But for the most part order was kept and relative security in the inner rim so most ppl would still be on board with them. It was only the rebel alliance who was really rag tag and not offically from any planets that opposed them. You could say that many ppl were displeased by Ep6 hence the victory celebrations the emperors dead etc but the empire was still "Their" army and in control.

I dont think even after 30 years that the empire would just be completely gone, it may be that there is some sort of civial galaxy war happening in Ep7 I dunno. All of the Moff wouldnt just say well thats it give me my retirement. They may have the senate back and a conflict between empire remnants and new republic again I dunno.

Anyway to my point: I dont think the population as a whole would be willing to just be like hey luke come train a bunch of new jedi and lets start this whole process over again. We will rebuild the temple and all that jazz etc you can have free reign over disputes all of that, lead troops do it all. I feel many ppl would view them as dangerous, older ppl as terrorists. Young ppl as "whats a jedi"? Jedi were once guardians of peace yes in the past but the popular view of them changed drastically by the empire. They may not like the empire but they also may not want jedi running around again. We know Luke battled with the alliance but how many ppl even knew he was a jedi knight? or Vaders son? wouldnt be a good mix i dont think.

Also, Despite what yoda said would Luke even want to train others? I kinda felt luke would just kinda dissapear wanting to move on and have peace, maybe even solitude like Kenobi on Tat. He never seemed like the type to want to organise something like a totally new order that would take hundreds of years most likely. It really depends on how dedicated he is going to be in EP7. Still i dont see new jedi orders like in all the EU books. I could see a very small secluded group of jedi padawans but nothing like i think alot of ppl are imagining for the movies.

Another point if they killed off Luke in Ep 7 or 8 i think you could kiss a new order goodbye no one else would have the knowledge to do this. I really hope he doesnt die.

Thoughts or am i mistaken?

2. JStepp

JStepp Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 10, 2011
    Without the Jedi there is no star wars as a lasting franchise. Sorry I hate to burst peoples bubble but they aren't going to make a trilogy about smuggling spice or collecting bounties, the Jedi and probably the Sith are always going to be a part of the main franchise. SO they are not going to have the jedi order die out and if the opinion of the populace can be changed by one speech by Palapatine one speech or action can change it back. ​

The-Eternal-Hero and Voss like this.
  3. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    All good points. Thing is I don't want to see them explain how the Jedi returned into good graces. I just wanna get on with the story.

Also, those who started the Rebellion, the seeds of which started in Episode III (I know you've seen the deleted scenes, which GL said these specific scenes are cannon) those 6 or so systems know the truth. And would have exposed it by then I would think.

Regardless, its not interesting enough to me to spend too much time getting into the Jedi struggle to get into the galaxies good graces. We should just assume they do.. But thats just this guys opinion..

4. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Well I don't think we should have jedi and sith. But, with the empire experimenting in cloning and other genetics. I don't see why they couldn't have stored mini colorians and began experimenting again. The Empire already resembles the Nazi party, so I could easily see in the Star Wars universe them experimenting on super soldiers. It might be cool if they had some of Vader's DNA (blood) on cold storage and they started making "force workers" to do manual labor and started colonization "slave colonizes of force clones. " Used by governments secretively to get work done for free.

But these colonies aren't exactly legal and they are kept in secret. And maybe some one gets a hold of vader's mini colorines and injects them and then that person whipes out the colonies and becomes the villain and Luke Skywalker feels it in the force because of the tremble, tragedy , and feels that he's too old to fight this villian himself so he uses the force to find and take on a young apprentice who escaped the slave force worker colony.

Luke dies trying to fight this vader hybrid in a epic battle at the end of the first film and the apprentice is taken in by leia and han who raise him . It is his sister after all.
    LOL I'm done with that, I'm just rambling...

Better yet Palpatine's DNA is in cold storage and the villain is a palpatine hybrid.

5. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Luke Skywalker destroyed a death starand helped depose an oppressive dictator...I think he's in the good graces of most who love freedom.

6. DeathknightEdge

Nov 6, 2012
    Oh yeah I love the numerous jedi around much like the clone wars era and love the show, trust me. I just dont think 7 is going to start out as alot of ppl are thinking off the bat with luke's new order ala EU. I know there will be new jedi of course, new baddies to saber with, and perhaps by the end of Ep9 the order will be fully established and welcomed is all.

7. DeathknightEdge

Nov 6, 2012
    Well to be fair Wedge, Lando, it's a trap, and friends destroyed the death star. Luke was a prisoner tbh heeheh

Edit, oh yea first death star duh. Wo knew there were TWO death stars??

8. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Hmm.

Anakin brought "balance" to the force.
    Luke is "the new hope" for the Jedi.
    and, "there is another"

IN YODA WE TRUST... or I at least do. These are the "truths we cling to" and "they depend greatly on our own points of view"

One way they CAN make EPVII and still keep to the Canon of the films would be to make it mean balance as in One Jedi-One apprentice vs. One Sith-One apprentice. Hence balance as in Ying-Yang.

Luke training one Jedi (Leia and then Leia picks another one) to take the mantle once he's gone, and a new Sith somewhere emerging with his apprentice.

In this scenario you can have an older Luke (which theoretically at least could be played by Mark Hamill though he wouldn't), or Leia (sorry but I don't think Carrie Fischer would come back), and a padawan learner that is older (like Luke was when he started).

I think the movie could be smaller (some back water planet out of the way) where our new Hero will somehow become involved with the new Jedi to fight some unknown baddie starting trouble somewhere that we don't know anything about but that will eventually be revealed to be somewhat related to the Hero (DOH!)

9. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Star Wars did just fine when the only Jedi on screen were Luke, Ben and Yoda so I don't think it's a matter of NEEDING several Jedi in the movie, but it's definitely what people will want to see. After seeing the slew of Jedi we have in the PT, the general audience would love too see the Jedi Order rebounding, at least a little, and re-establishing some type of order.

10. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Yoda only told Luke to pass on what he had learned. He never told Luke to restart the Jedi Order. And considering the 'new' way in which Luke was taught the Force, with going on mostly feeling and instincts, that falls in line with the way Qui-Gon went about things with the Living Force. I don't see the Living Force giving a crap about the structured environment and rules/Codes of an Order. And quite frankly, that strict way of following the Code, especially with the way it meshed with the Republic, is what helped to a degree in bringing about the demise of the Jedi in the PT.

11. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well the code was inevitable a large organization need some rules.

Yes, the order will get restored. As for Luke dying that would assume in 30 years he never trained a single person which is hard to believe.

Also another fact, evil never stays down so Luke not training anyone would be dumb because there is always a Sith Artifact out there.

12. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    If the Saga should have taught anything, it's that evil is within, and can consume you if not kept in check. You don't become evil because of some artifact.

13. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Having a New Jedi Order in it's early stages offers the opportunity to take a different approach to the Jedi.

While they do serve "the good side", they could very well do it quite differently from the old order that's been around for thousands of years.
    Which can either be very good or very bad, depending on the approach.

14. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    ^ agreed, rules can change...

15. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Emotion, yet peace
    Ignorance, yet knowledge
    Passion, yet serenity
    Chaos, yet harmony
    Death, yet the Force

Jedi Code - Original version

There is no emotion, there is peace,
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge,
    There is no passion, there is serenity,
    (There is no chaos, there is harmony) - optional line, not present in some texts
    There is no death, there is the Force.

Jedi Code - Revised ('Modern') Version

16. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    Having some people unhappy with the re establishment of a new Jedi order would be a great plot point.

Also for me the Star Wars saga (not necessary stand alone or EU films) needs the Sith like Cher needs Sonny/Chritmas needs a Turkey/Butch needs Sundance. I think for drama we need Jedi and Sith but think three films would be far to brief to establish the credible rise and domination of the Sith before the Jedi triumph again. Wouldn't it be great if this could b done in a 6 film arch.