main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

a new look on han/greedo

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by fosh-bantus88, Jan 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    after watching the special edition of anh, i thought that greedos shot was totally out of place, and rediculous, also i remember hearing boba in esb saying "hes no use to me dead". and then jabba says "why did you fry poor greedo?" so greedo shooting at han is just plain moronic.

i though, what if they alter greedos subtitled dialouge to make him say something like "jabbas's gonna feed you to the sarlacc". then han blasts him

do you guys think that this would do han justice, and still be acceptable by georges moral standard.

2. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    yeah. greedo shooting first is the worst idea ever. han shooting showed him as a bad-ass

bad-asses=cool

3. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    i like it when greedo shoots first.

4. fosh-bantus88

Oct 27, 2003
    wow, you liked it when greedo shot first, you must either be george lucas or just expressing a form of sarcasm.

let me know if im mistaken

5. jedi_john_33

Sep 26, 2003
    im not george lucas and it isnt sarcasm.

i dont see why it should be hated...i dont see anything wrong with it. people just hate it because they hate the SE's.

greedo should have shot more than once

6. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
  7. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I found myself liking the change just slightly when a slow-motion viewing of the scene revealed that Han actually fires twice in rapid succession, but I'd still just rather see Han fry Greedo like he always did.

8. fosh-bantus88

Oct 27, 2003
    well, the point im trying to make is that greedos shot is too abrupt and stupid.

Its like if you were talking to someone who needed to capture you alive. then in the middle of the conversation, he just shot you.

I think han can shoot first and still be "politically correct". it just needs to have greedo say something where han knows that if he is taken alive, he will die. then it kinda will be in self defense.

9. jedi_john_33

Sep 26, 2003
    it's still the best scene in ANH i say!

10. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    It just looks so ridiculous. How the hell could he miss Han as close as he was sitting? And he's supposed to be a bounty hunter? He was four freakin feet away from him. And the effect of Han's head moving was just laugh-out-loud hysterical. It looks like something an eight-year-old would do in Paintbrush or something.

11. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Just because one does not agree with anothers opinion on the Greedo situation (or any for that matter) does not mean that one is a Lucas lover or is being sarcastic. One could always like that particular scene and there is nothing wrong with it.

12. fosh-bantus88

Oct 27, 2003
    oh, ya, i know, its just that you see so mush sarcasm on message boards these days...

13. jedi_john_33

Sep 26, 2003
    im not george lucas and it isnt sarcasm.

i feel funny quoting myself...but, i said this, and you still said i was being sarcastic

14. fosh-bantus88

Oct 27, 2003
    oh, no i meant in general theres too much sarcasm.

eh, maybe ive just been looking through sw community for too long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.