main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub A New Order With A Personal Face - The Galactic Empire of the EUC

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SpecForce Trooper, Aug 3, 2017.

?

Where do your loyalties lie?

1. Original Empire

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  2. Imperial Remnant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Empire of the Fel Dynasty

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Empire of Darth Krayt

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. First Order

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. 2nd Imperium

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Pentastar Alignment

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Empire of the Hand

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. Imperial Warlords

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017

It's what I grew up with, Lord Vader and grand Admiral Thrawn have always been favourites, and I never had as much interest in any of the others than the original.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  2. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I can't get into any of the Warlord states. Even the nicer ones. A bunch of shabla traitors if you ask me. I only like the loyalist continuity.
    Original Empire -> Remnant -> Fel Dynasty.
    Warlords were traitors to that line. Same with Krayt. The only traitor I like is Carnor Jax who killed Palpatine and cut away a lot of the Empire's nasty human supremacy.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  3. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Carnor Jax is one of my faves too...

4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    SpecForce Trooper
    Aren't you overlooking the Pentastar Alignment here?
    The remnant wouldn't have succeded in preserving the empire without Ardus Kaines groundwork, he build up Bastion and the other important worlds of the remnant. Paelleon just took it over after Kaines death. Also Kaine was the first imperial who did away with the prejudices against nonhumans, mostly for pragmatic reasons.

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Hello I'm here to proclaim my undying loyalty to the Fel Empire.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  6. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Yay more people!
    -SpecForce Trooper
    -Darth Invictus
    -Snokers
    -DARTH_MU-
    -Anedon
    -Darth_Vader1972
    -Master Vo'Un'Var
    - @Amon_Amarth

Clearly you see the light. What's so great about the Fel Empire to you? People who don't like the Fel Empire don't know how to have fun. [face_laugh]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    The Felpire I think honestly is the best government for the Galaxy-it's a benovelent quasi aristocracy. The Fel's power isn't unlimited and the clause of killing or redeeming Fel emperor's that fall into darkness acts as a fail safe.

They are basically the empire evolved into a more benovelent institution while still retaining the benefits of the empire.

Also they have a really awesome aesthetic.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m still here, honest!

My favourite Imperial Knight was Master Treiis Sinde. He was the perfect man to be beside an advise the Emperor. He knew his line, and he held to it - and would hold his Emperor to it as well.

The Alignment’s contributions were important, if anything essential to the survival of the Remnant - fourteen sectors of Imperial continuity - but at the end of the day Kaine betrayed Coruscant and perhaps if he’d allowed Thrawn to have the Reaper events at Bilbringi would have gone differently...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Speaking of who saved the Remnant-let's give a clap to Pellaeon. It was he who made the decision to surrender thus preserving Imperial ideals and institutions, it was he who shepherded the remnant throughout the tumultuous post civil war period till his death at the hand's of Tahiri Veila.

Honestly Pellaeon can not be praised enough, for his foresight, humility, intelligence, and statesmanship.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  10. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    True enough!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    I'd love to join. I find myself to be a fan of Imperial aesthetics in general. Star Destroyers, the Stormtrooper Corps, The Dark Jedi, the grey and black architecture. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a shadow trooper. Weird fantasy, I know but... FOR THE EMPIRE!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    It rose above the mistakes of the old Empire, to make GFFA a better place, at least for a bit. Definitely not a fan of the fascist, misogynist and specieist faction like Palpatine's Empire was canonically (excluding the Disney-canon). Things started to get better with Thrawn and Pellaeon. Instead of fear and needless bloodspilling, Imperial Remnant's leadership used brains and tactics. As Thrawn himself said, "I am not the Lord Vader, I do not spend my men recklessly. Nor do I take their deaths lightly." Alas, not all of the squabbling warlords of the Remnant had such grace and vision.
    Pellaeon later truly brought it honour when he acted as one of the finest statesmen we've seen in Star Wars during the Camaas document crisis, having the foresight and bravery to sue for peace when needed.
    And later still the Fel dynasty turned the Empire into a more progressive faction; less xenophobic and tyrannical yet strong. They somehow included the best of both worlds, and formed a benevolent monarchy akin to our Enlightened Absolutism. Their Victory Without War initiative brought prosperity. (It is problematic, as the Imperial Mission seems seedy and brainwashy, yet it is reminiscent if not hommage to Frank Herbert's Dune regime, which I found amusing.)

Hear hear. *raises glass to Pellaeon*
    [​IMG]

13. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Great to hear. Don't know what's wrong with the Mission though. I think the Empire of the Fels was one of Star Wars' best factions for a few reasons. The Mission, being one of them. Victory Without War. Actually helping out the Outer Rim. I can't stand people who hate it for making the bad guys nice. That's why I like it. Redemption is what Star Wars is about.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  14. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    To add a little addendum to my thoughts on the Fel's reign and the Empire at large, the creators of Legacy had no idea their work would be canned by Disney. I'm willing to state with absolute certainty that the Fel Empire would become a fully democratic republic later down the line. The EU showed a clear path of the Empire reforming and returning to it's Republican roots.

With Thrawn racism was dropped and non-humans were allowed to serve. This policy would later be fully adopted by the Empire.
    Pelllaeon accepted peace when many Imperials would prefer suicide over admitting defeat.
    Later the Empire's chiefs would be democratically elected.
    The Fel dynasty introduced the humanitarian Mission and introduced Victory Without War.
    The Second Imperial Civil War was a very direct purging of Palpatinist elements.
    If this isn't a return to the Republic I don't know what is.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I imagined that the Empire and Alliance would merge and turn into a constitutional monarchy, perhaps with a dual legislature- the ‘House of Commons’ being the Senate, of which the Chancellor is head, and the second the unelected ‘House of Moffs’, to which the Emperor was the head.

I do not recall if the Senate had been restored or mentioned during Legacy II, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Such a merger could have ensured a government that would outlast the old republic. Maybe in 30,000 ABY citizens of the GFFA would be talking about the glorious fel empire and the senate with the twin pillars of the Jedi and IKs holding it up.

17. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Should have specified that the Imperial Mission is a fantastic idea in theory that, as you say, helped a lot the Outer Rim and the Empire itself. Yet, with sleezy af Moff Rus betraying the Fels, swearing allegiance to Darth Krayt, and hypocritically spreading the Sith agenda, my impression of it is wary. Also idk, guess Konrad Rus' Mission reminds me of those questionable charities who'd only provide aid when discriminating or spreading agenda.
    Admittedly, all that was the Sith abuse of the original Mission ideals and goals.

One can never make everybody happy, but that would have probably been closest to what would make the main political currents in GFFA happy.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  18. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Ah, now I get it. I hope Marasiah will restore the Mission to it's pre-Sith days.

19. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The Mission was very much an example of imperial "soft power" a RL diplomatic concept in action.

The Mission brought good will to the empire and allowed the empire to cultivate support especially amongst those neglected by the GA.

20. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    So we're all fans of the Empire to some extant. How do y'all feel about the Fist Order?

21. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    It's interesting.

22. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I'm not a fan of it-it's basically a rebooted empire without what made the empire a force to be feared.

My most generous interpretation is that the FO is made up of young neo imperial fanatics who would be laughed out of the room in the presence of actual imperials

23. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I don't like it myself. It's just a bunch of immature cosplaying mustache-twirlers. At least Palpatine's Empire had some real people. All the First Order-ers seem like cartoon characters. They don't really have any redeeming qualities, besides not having slavery, but the post-Palpatine Empire in the EU did that and much more.

24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    One thing that irked me to no end-was Hux's speech at the beginning of TLJ it was almost comedic in how moustache twirling it was.

I simply couldn't take the FO seriously as villains after that.

25. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    The FO reminds me of people who try to emulate the Nazis because they think that's cool and edgy. Same with Kylo and his Darth Vader fetish. I guess that Snoke wasn't really into that but used their delusions for his own ends, but now the inmates have taken over the asylum.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.