Hi A new Padawan has arrived.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by TheProtocol, Nov 2, 2012.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. TheProtocol Jedi Master

star 2
    Hi guys!

I'm new here and I'm honoured to have joined the Jedi Council Forums. My name is Matt. I'm 28 and I live in Sydney, Australia.

I've loved Star since before I can remember. Return of the Jedi is actually the first movie memory. My earliest memory is the speeder bike chase through the forests of Endor.

As I grew older I saw the other two Star Wars movies and I was hooked. I've read most of the expanded universe up to the end of the New Jedi Order. I haven't read the stories after that, yet.

My screen name is in reference to C3PO who is one of my favourite characters. His banter with R2D2 is hilarious, not to mention with Han!

Star Wars is my first love and I can't wait to interact and experience the next few years with the rest of this community in the lead up to the new sequel!

Matt.
    BultarSwan and WIERD_GREEN_MAN like this.
  2. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome Matt! :)

It's pretty cool that you write that much about yourself and so to get to know you a bit better. Speaking of "getting to know you"... Have you seen these two threads already? Yesterday and answer&ask.

Don't miss to visit the welcome party and to check out the various boards. Somehow I have the feeling that you might be interested in meeting other SW fans from your area. Are you? :)

Enjoy your stay! :)
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Failte Nua Duine! Glad to have you with us, Matt. Nice name you opted for. Stick around a few years & possibly join our staff... that name has "Moderator" written all over it. :p
  4. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
  5. TheProtocol Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks everyone for the welcome :) and I'd love that!

There are so many forums and threads - especially now that the ST has been announced - that it will take quite a while to get through everything and find my feet hehe.
  6. Skywalker_T-65 Force Ghost

star 6
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  7. Rotticus Jedi Master

star 1
    Welcome!! your going to love it here!! cya on the threads :)
    WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  8. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  9. TheProtocol Jedi Master

star 2
    Thanks for the suggestions. There is so much more in the EU by way of books than when I stopped reading years ago I don't know where to start. The last book I read was The Unifying Force, I haven't read any stories since then. I want to re-read all the books though. When I finish the current book series I've started reading I want to gt back into the book and catch and re-read the ones I have.
  10. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Glad you found us mate! Welcome to another Aussie!!! I've not read past the New Jedi Order books, just couldnt get past them! I am reading Mercy Kill here, as I ADORE the X Wing Series!!
  11. Cardinal77 Jedi Youngling

Hi, my name is Matt and I am also from Australia. I am 34 and have been a Star Wars fan for 30 years. Love it all and I am currently reading Allies, enjoying this series so far.
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  12. TheProtocol Jedi Master

star 2
    Welcome another Matt from Australia! Hope you enjoy and stick around! I'm loving this place!
  13. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Welcome Cardinal77! You should start your own welcome thread so everyone can say hello! ANOTHER AUSSIE!!! So completely Awesome......I for one am VERY pleased!
  14. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
Moderators: Skiara