main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A new Padme Costume?!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Samantha, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    LOL -- I would bet money that this is the costume she wears when she addresses the senate. There aren't really any other options! At least not in AOTC, and those are AOTC publicity stills. Not Ep III.

2. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    I was referring to Obi-Dawn's earlier comment in the thread where she shows the pic from the graphic novel. Here's what O-D said I will say that this new gown reminds me heavily of an Elizabethan inspired dress, and it totally resembles the sketch in the art book. But, the graphic novel shows her in the other dress and the art book says this new gown wasn't used in AOTC but that George came back to it. See what I mean? There is a possibility that this dress is not used in the Senate scene or AOTC at all. But if that's the case then why are they showing publicity stills of it? ?[face_plain] I don't know what to think. *Screams in frustration* My head hurts. I've been thinking too hard.

3. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Well, a lot of these costuming publicity stills were probably made sometime during shooting but before editing began. So at the time of the photo shoot, the scene for this dress probably was still in the movie. Or even if it wasn't, it would still be a shame to not even show all of the detail and hard work the costume department put into this outfit. Hence pictures that are driving us all crazy because we don't know what scenes they're from.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about this. :)

4. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    We all could be wrong Stormtrooperprincess, but you do bring a good point up about the publicity stills. At least we have less than two weeks before we'll know for sure :D

5. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    Just upping more Padme threads....

6. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    Is anyone actually considering making this dress, or is everyone planning on waiting till we can get a better look at it? I think it's a very intriguing dress, but it's definitely not one of my favorite Padme costumes.

7. daisyahchoo

daisyahchoo Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I have a theory on where this dress is in the movie. Perhaps it is not necessarily a dress that Padmé wears, but maybe something a handmaiden/bodyguard may wear when she dresses as a decoy?

8. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    Well, it is definatly Natalie in the pictures, so I doubt if it is her decoy in the movie. Besides, neither Corde or Dorme wear an outfit that looks like this.

9. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    I agree with Mrs_M. That's definitely Natalie. Also, it doesn't look like any of the handmaidens that I've seen that are going to be in the film.

10. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    It was used in a promo here and * S P O I L E R *

Yes, I came back from Singapore's Charity Premiere a few hours ago. No, I'll not say more than what was mentioned already here (unless you guys press me for it) or my writtings will get censored by the 2 great moderator again. :p

11. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    I'll press you for it Darth_Eagle ;) I'd really like to know all the details. PM me if you don't want to put it on the board.

12. Mrs_MayimNaar

Feb 14, 2002
    ooooo me too! I want to be spoiled! [face_clown]

13. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, it wasn't used in AOTC at all. And it's also not the gown worn by Corde as the one she wears at the beginning of the movie is similar to Queen Amidala's Black Mourning Gown in TPM (mostly the hair style), although it seems a bit greyish if I remember it clearly.

But this headshot was used for one of Singapore's Promos, so this could indicate that this Gown had been publisized somewhere. Moreover, there are rumors that certain scenes had been cut but these scenes were the ones associated with the Fett's fates. So our best bet is Ep3 or at least AOTC DVD? :D

I'll TRY to quick snap a shot or sketch Corde's gown on Monday but I can't promise anything. (Ps: Yesterday was the Charity Premiere here; Monday will be special screening for winners of various contests sponsered by the Official TV Media of AOTC here)

14. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    Thanks Darth_Eagle :)

15. Aanix_Durray

Aanix_Durray Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Take a closer look at the middle pic posted by Mrs_MayimNaar, there's a Jedi protecting (porbably Obi-wan) her and a driod in the background (and not a droid from AOTC), I'm guessing this is Episode III. Awesome pic!

16. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Sorry to break it to you, but that is the torso of a SuperBattleDroid, from Episode II.

Seems to part of a collage of Episode II pics, so I'm guessing that costume, like the blue turtleneck, bare belly costume was from a scene that was cut.

Have to wait for the DVD I guess.

17. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    At least we won't have to wait as long for the AOTC DVD as we did for TPM DVD. I'm really interested in seeing the costumes(including this one) that was left out of the film.

18. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Oh wow, what awesome dress! But its not in the movie! :( Thats not fair!

19. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    It's not fair princess1 :(

20. queenseamstress

queenseamstress TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Jan 30, 2002
    Wow...I really missed all of the regal gowns from EpI, and from this movie I have only had one really big one to try to make-Queen J-and now I find this...hmmm....
    I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!
    I am calm now...
    I read the book, and there were quite a few things happening not in the movie-so this has a good chance of being on the dvd.
    To me the dress doesn't look like it is flaring out like she is pregnant-it looks like the violet sequins are making it LOOK like it flaring it out...the lines are kindof fooling to the eye. I would definitely say this is EpII cut...what a shame...it is stunning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.