main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A New Path to Follow (A/P, Padmé in the medical profession - full length fic) Completed Oct 17/06!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Oooh! She said yes! She got off and all is well with the world... until Helkor starts his dirty tricks yet again! :D

Hey Annie... how about you and the children being Naberries? :p

2. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Wonderful post...so happy. ahhhh.[face_love]
    Great job can't wait for more.

3. LoveAnakin1

LoveAnakin1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    Thanks for the post!
    I am glad she said yes.

4. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Awww wonderfully mushy chapter.. that rocked. I can't believe the board exonerated her, and she accepted Anakins marriage proposal- even better! Can't wait for more, this is just good stuff.

5. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    what a joyful couple of posts indeed. :D

when she said yes...wow, that was just amazing. powerful emotion you described there.

and yes! she isn't losing her license!

as for the puzzle we have going here...i think i have a hunch as to what happened. [face_mischief]

beatiful work!

6. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!! Oh, I wish you could see the happy dance I am doing right now, Jade_Max... or maybe it's better if you don't. I wouldn't want to blind you! Hee! :p

This was AWESOME! I loved both of these chapters - Padme is finally getting some good news in her trial, she agreed to marry Anakin and the happy mushiness abounds!! Awwww...

I'm SO glad that Yoda visited the Tribunal, an action that ended up allowing Padme to check in on Mace just in the nick of time. It sounds like Helkor struck again that no good, little *censored* :mad: I'd like to grab him by the scruff of his neck and kick him in the *censored* Oh dear.. I seem to have become a bit violent. [face_blush]

What a lovely update! But now that everything is going so well, I can't help but wonder what's going to break loose... What can I say? I'm overly suspicious! Oh, and there's also the fact that you admitted that there were going to be ups and downs. I'd better prepare myself, eh??? ;)

I loooooooooooooooooooooove this story! You're such an amazing writer!

7. AthenaHowlMoon

AthenaHowlMoon Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2006
    Great Post!! thanx for the PM!! Cant wait for more!!!
    ciao,
    AhM

8. WiseOldYoda

WiseOldYoda Jedi Master

Feb 13, 2006
    Wow. I just found this story, and it's wonderful. Could you please add me to the PM list?

9. Queen-of-Naboo

Queen-of-Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2006
    I love this story! It has such a wonderful plot. I think it might have been Yoda that altered the dosage to proove his point to the tribunal. After, Mace wasn't harmed at all. I dunno...just a thought

Geez Padme...jumping the guns a bit? Besides, you can always have fun w/o having to have kids...it's called protection!:rolleyes:

Can't wait to read about the dinner!

~Tally

10. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Some very wonderful chapters that you've written Jade_Max. Everything is coming together pretty well for Padmé and Anakin. [face_love] Of course, with Helkor still out there some bad times might still be ahead for them.

11. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    She said yes! [face_love] [face_dancing]

Now if they could just take care of her other problem :mad: everything will be perfect.

Looking forward to the dinner date! :)

12. DragonLotus

DragonLotus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2006
    I bet Helkor has got something to do with Mace's altered bacta mixture...

Oh, and Padme said yes!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Looking forward to their dinner date!

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Well, she said yes, but somehow I doubt that's the end of their difficulties! :p

"Can wait." His insistence was gentle. "I heard about your exoneration in Master Windu's case. I want to celebrate."

"I wasn't exactly exonerated; I'll still be facing a fine and minor temporary suspension once Master Windu is out of danger."

"We'll use it to elope and have a honeymoon." Anakin grinned, finding the good in her darkness, and let her go reluctantly, his hands seemingly unwilling to detach from her. He sighed, as if the loss of contact was something he deeply regretted or that had hurt him. "I came to see you initially because Cordé asked me to let you know that she'll need you for testimony this afternoon at the Tribunal." He scooped his cloak off the floor, but didn't put it back on.

"This afternoon?" Padmé checked her chrono. It was still mid-morning; she had several hours. So much for his 'The Tribunal can wait' excuse. "I'll be there. Anakin-"

He held up his hand, forestalling what she would have said. "We'll discuss it at dinner, Padmé. Right now just let me enjoy the fact that you've changed your mind and said yes."

She blushed. "Alright."

=D=

14. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Star_Angel ? I?m not telling about the security holos ;) Speculation is what makes it so much fun!

naadi - *grin* thanks!

randomangel22 ? Exactly ? who couldn?t say yes eventually? [face_whitle] not telling about the mixture ;)

Tatooine_Ghost ? Thanks!

Handmaiden_Azul - *grin* I adore writing mush ? I?m glad you enjoy reading it. And you?ve an interesting theory about the mixture *grin*

leia_naberrie ? Annie? hey! Nobody calls me Annie! *brandishes fist* er? wait, you?re talking about Anakin? or maybe both? And what guy wants their kids to bear their mother?s name? It?s a legacy, after all lol!

star_writer24 ? Thanks :)

LoveAnakin1 ? your welcome ? thanks for replying!

FitJedi - *laughs* Mush is my [Obi-Wan voice]specialty[/Obi-Wan voice] ;)

anakin_luver ? I couldn?t have her not say yes eventually. Especially since she?s beaten number 1 problem ? now she?s just got Mace and Helkor to worry about. And I?m curious ? what?s your hunch about what happened?

VA_Parky - *imagines happy dance* LOL! I have an idea ? I felt the same way when I finished writing that last post lol! Glad you enjoyed it!

Well, if Yoda hadn?t visited the tribunal, Padmé?s be in their bring on the way to a penal colony... so yeah, it?s a good thing she did, eh?

Ack! AU to my AU idea! *beats the bunny back* Bad bunny, bad, die die die!

AthenaHowlMoon ? Thanks, glad you?re enjoying it!

WiseOldYoda ? PM list? Certainly. They?ll be coming your way, welcome and thanks for reading!

Queen-of-Naboo ? I?m not telling what happened with the mixture ? it?s one of those unsolved mysteries that people will just have to wonder about lol! But awesome theory!

Geez Padme...jumping the guns a bit? Besides, you can always have fun w/o having to have kids...it's called protection!

LOL! True true, but she?s not yet had that kind of fun before ? besides; she?s been dreaming about his kids ? why not enjoy it?

RX_Sith ? Thanks! I?m in the process of wrapping this up, but shhh? no telling ;)

jedi_princess18 - *laughs* take care of the other problem, eh? Helkor? Ah ? that?s next chapter. Read on!

DragonLotus - *whistles innocently* Unsolved mystery ? that?s Mace?s mixture ;) Glad you enjoyed it!

VaderLVR64 - *chuckle* It?s the beginning of something new anyway, not necessarily the end of any kind of difficulties ;)

Post to follow - thanks for reading everyone!

15. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Chapter 24

"How long have you known my client, Ms. Naberrie?"

"Doctor." Padmé stressed the title almost sweetly. "The syndicate has permitted me to practice to assist with saving the life of a Jedi Council member."

Helkor's dour scowl was accompanied by a frown from Leebo. "Your Excellencies, we would like any additional portions of Ms. Naberrie's exploits once on planet barred from record."

Cordé stood. "We object, your excellencies. The evidence is not only valid, but carries great weight under the circumstances. The ruling of the other Tribunal members needs to be admissible to establish a pattern of behavior."

"And what pattern would that be?" The Spokesperson's tone indicated that he was humoring Cordé.

Cordé straightened her spine. "One of decency, respect and a complete disregard of her own safety or requirements when dealing with a seriously injured patient."

The Tribunal members conferred, the sound of their fingers rapidly hitting the datapad screen like the clicking of an angry insect.

Lebo broke in before they were finished. "Your Excellencies, all that ruling does is exploit the idea that we must deal with situations as they arise on an individual basis and not within the parameters of the judicial system as its already laid out. The circumstances of the crime should be held to those that are being persecuted."

The Spokesperson didn't even glance up, but nodded once, indicating they'd heard his argument as they continued to confer.

Cordé waited patiently, her hands folded in front of her, ignoring the looks that Lebo and Helkor were shooting their way. Padmé was impressed by her friend's composure and could only hope that she was faring as well.

The Tribunal members finally folded their hands on the table top and the Spokesperson spoke. "It is a prior ruling of the Syndicate body that other Tribunals are to be permitted as evidence, including previous hearings, trials and sentencing. The Sentencing hearing of which you speak will be permitted as evidence under that ruling despite the valid points raised by the defense. Mr. Lebo, your motion to suppress is denied and you will address Ms. Naberrie as Doctor from this point forward."

"Yes, your Excellencies." Lebo inclined his upper body stiffly, shuffling several things on the desk in front of him to collect his thoughts before continuing. "How long have you known my client, Doctor Naberrie?"

Padmé wanted to smack him for turning her title into a slur, but answered evenly, trying to keep her tone neutral. She wasn't going to let them get to her. "Professionally, I had not worked with him before his assignment to the Medical Frigate."

"Were you aware of his medical history, his areas of expertise?"

"Yes, sir. I am familiar with his career."

"Did you request him specifically?"

"I requested assistance from qualified medical personnel, but no I did not request him personally. The choice to assist was Mr. Helkor's."

"I see." Lebo flipped through his notes. "Are you aware that my client has several commendations for triage and patient care in difficult situations?"

"Yes sir." Padmé bit her tongue. She wasn't going to give them any more ammunition.

"You don't sound thrilled by that, Doctor Naberrie. Can you please explain why?"

Padmé took a steadying breath. "Mr. Helkor and I do not share the same priorities. He did not believe in allocating resources to assist any of the civilians caught in the cross fire. He insisted on treating clones before individuals, insisting that the fighting force of the army, not its leaders, be tended to first."

"Why don't you agree with that?" Lebo checked his notes.

Padmé's tone became hard. "Forgive me, Mr. Lebo, but the clones are bred in a test tube, by the thousands, maybe even by the millions. We have the possibility of always growing more. The other individuals, Jedi for example, happen only once every million. They cannot be bred in a test tube or manufactured. They take several decades of training to achi

16. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    Chapter 25

Padmé stopped in at the temple to check on Mace's condition before returning home. A healer she didn't recognize was sitting on the ground by the bacta tank, one hand against the glass, their eyes closed. Another healer took a few moments to explain to Padmé that the healers were taking turns ensuring Mace was placed into a deep healing trance - and stayed there - to accelerate the healing process.

Satisfied that the Jedi Master was in good hands, Padmé and Cordé returned to her apartment. Cordé spent the next hour packing her things and assisting Padmé with her hair as Padmé prepared for the dinner date Anakin had promised her.

Her eyes sparkled with anticipation and if her smile held a slight tremor of anxiety it was put down to her knowledge of Anakin's unspoken promise. She didn't know what to expect tonight other than he had sworn she would enjoy it. And she was willing to believe him. Any event, even a simple dinner, would be heaven with him.

"Padmé?"

"Hmm?"

Cordé stuck her head into the master suite. "You've a call coming through. Did you want me to get it?"

"I'll grab it. Are you just about packed?"

"Ready and waiting." Cordé's smile was mysterious. "I can't say I blame you for wanting to get rid of me. I'll see you at the Temple in the morning, alright?"

"Cordé?"

"Yes?"

"Thanks. For everything."

She shrugged. "That's what friends are for." She disappeared.

Padmé grinned. Friends indeed! She turned, flipping the switch for her comm. unit and accepted the call. Anakin wouldn't be calling to cancel on her, would he? The face that resolved itself in the image was the last one she expected to see. "Chancellor!"

His smile was easy, almost delighted. "My dear. I just heard about your win in today's Tribunal session. Let me be the first to extend my congratulations."

"Thank you, Chancellor." She hadn't been expecting to hear from him; not this soon at any rate. "It's a great relief that I will be allowed to go back into my practice."

"So soon?" He looked puzzled. "Was I misinformed?"

"Misinformed, sir?"

The Chancellor regarded her for a moment with an expression she couldn't read and then smiled. "I had heard you were tending to a critically wounded Jedi. Seeing as how Anakin is no longer wounded, I had assumed it was something new."

She let out a silent breath and nodded. "You're correct, Chancellor, I am tending a Jedi who's been wounded. Fortunately he's out of the most dangerous portion of the treatment. That is, until we begin rehabilitation."

"Splendid! I see you are intent on celebrating, would you be inclined to grace me with your presence and join me for dinner this evening, Doctor? To celebrate your win, of course."

She blinked and then fought down the urge to panic. She couldn't very well tell the Chancellor she had a date with a Jedi, nor could she tell him no politely. She cast about for options, staring at his pleasantly smiling face. Nothing came to her. Not one thing. She opened her mouth to respond and then snapped it shut. She couldn't accept; she'd already accepted Anakin's invitation!

"Doctor?"

She swallowed hard. She was going to have to tell him no and hope she didn't offend. "I'm afraid I have already made plans this evening, Chancellor. Plans that I am loathe to break, even with such a tempting offer. May I take a rain check? Tomorrow evening, perhaps?"

The Chancellor's image stared at her silently and she wondered if she'd managed to offend him. Finally he nodded. "Tomorrow evening, then. You can join me for the Symphony and then dinner."

"I'd be delighted, Chancellor. Will 1800 do?"

"It will be my pleasure, Doctor. 1800 is fine. Enjoy your evening."

His image disappeared and Padmé placed her hand over her heart, wondering at the tension his request had caused. She'd become frightened, almost panicked, as she'd fought to find a reason to say no and an alternative. At least he'd understood. She took a deep breath, trying to calm the nerves the call ha

17. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Exit Helkor

Enter Palpatine.

From the frying pan into the fire! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] I looove this story!

Curious - why was Lebo so upset at the trial? Does he have a personal experience with Helkor's version of the Hippocratic oath?

He didn't cook! :eek: :mad: I am truly, deeply..... relieved! :p

wondered how she could be so naive??

:confused: About what? The reporters? Or something even worse? [face_mischief]

Wonderful chapter again, Annie. :p

18. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Oh, yay, Padmé is free, although, I have serious doubts that this is all over. Helkor will want revenge, I?m sure of it, now I just want to be sure that Anakin and Padmé will stay together no matter what they?ll have to face.

And then there is Palpatine, I mean, I have to admit that it took a while for me to figure out that Helkor is working for/near the Chancellor (I have known it for a while though, although I can?t say that I?m a 100% sure, but close), probably to get Anakin, and knowing Padmé?s influence on him (the movies), they would want her out of the picture.
    I just hope that nothing will happen on that dinner.

Oh, this was two wonderful chapters and thanks for the pm.

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Well at least THAT'S over. o_O Now things are getting even more interesting between Anakin and Padme! :D

Anakin Skywalker, magnificent in his Jedi robes with his boots shined to almost mirror reflection, waited for her with an answering smile on his lips. She did a double take.

He was dressed in black pants, a hair shy of being indecently tight, and his jerkin one she hadn't seen before, a shade lighter than the black of his pants. He wore a cream colored shirt underneath the jerkin; the collar folded back and open at the throat, complimenting the ensemble with a flash of contrast. The faint odor of boot polish mingled with his natural scent of spice and machine fluid.

=P~ What? Oh sorry, got distracted. [face_blush]

=D=

20. naadi

naadi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2005
    AWWW[face_love] finally they had some time to themselves,can't wait for more mush???looking forward to reading more!!=D= [face_peace]

21. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Lovely mush. Nice addition to an otherwise intense situation. Great as always. Can't wait for more!

22. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Cool that the coucil is footing the bill.
    More Please![face_praying]

23. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    This story is SO incredibly cool!!!! I just can't get enough of it!! I mean, I saw your PM and said 'there's no way she could have updated again so quickly' - but lo and behold, you did!!! And then I made a sound like this: Wheeeeeee! [face_blush]

Wow, what an update it was too! Mainly, Helkor got what was coming to him! HA! Take that, you big, lying meanie! [face_beatup] Enjoy your time in jail! Neener, neener, neeeeeener!

*looks around sheepishly* Oops, there I go again!

The Anakin/Padme sections of this story are absolutely some of the most romantic I have ever read! [face_love] I get butterflies in my OWN stomach for crying out loud! It's just amazing the way you describe their interactions, their dialogue... *sigh* Everything is just perfect!

Of course, I know there's going to be some rocky stuff up ahead. *buckles seatbelt* Bring it on! I'm ready!!

Great job, Jade_Max! Gosh, this story is so amazing!

24. Queen-of-Naboo

Queen-of-Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2006
    I get so excited now everytime I see an update from this story in my pm box!

This is such a wonderful fic!! I loved the whole fairytale feel to the date scene. Very lovely. I just hope we don't see anymore of Helkor and his accusations!

=D=
    ~Tally

25. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    Ok I think I almost fell off my chair when you described Anakin =P~ =P~!!

Well at least Heklor's in jail wherever that is finally!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.