main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A new post!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Jedi_Jacen, Jun 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    "Check out the brain on Swampsurfer!" -a play on a line from Pulp Fiction

I got air time (well sort of [face_mischief] ) on one of my post. CLICK HERE TO SEE

Go figure, this was mostly just a tactic I have been using to keep our board's name on the top of the boards of AOTC (Spoilers) and AOTC & Episode III (Non-Spoilers). If you don't mind, help me keep these threads updated so they don't sink to the bottom of the boards. Notice! I did get one nibble, by bigmikeisajedi and I am trying to reel him in now (invited to join our FanForce via PM).

This is the kind of action we all need to take to help our group grow.

May the Force be with you all!

2. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I noticed that Lord_Sidious is carrying the link to Lafayette, LA's board in his signature block. Excellent idea!

I would like to elaborate on that and ask that everyone follow suit. Let's make it a practice that if you are a member of our FanForce that you have the following in the second line of your signature block:

Member of FanForce Acadiana: link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10065

I think it will look professional and more obvious to the casual reader. With our combined posts it may catch other local user's eye and increase our membership.

To you Lord_Sidious,
    "Good job." -Obi-Wan, AOTC

3. YO-SOLO

YO-SOLO Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2002
    Hey everybody,

My evil neighbor is making me write a message while I am trying to do my laundry. I can't wait to see the new film. My son is trying to cut me up with his lightsaber as I type this post. If it were real, I would be a girl now :D

Did I mention I couldn't wait to see AOTC?

Wait, did I mention I couldn't wait to see the movie? Wait. Wait. Wait.

We need some more people. Yes, [face_devil] more clones of us! So spread the word, to every person who has heard the most miniscule detail of the SW epic. Stand on the top of your desk, hidden in some cubicle, tucked into a remote corner of the office screaming, "Join FanForce Acadiana!" No. Better yet, run out of you house but neked, screaming, "I am a member of FanForce Acadiana!" Perhaps it would be best to wait for the cops and cameras. That way we will get more press :D

I do not have to read the boards to keep up. Swampsurfer reports all updates to me, and drives me nuts.

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I made up my mind to get the book today. I just can't read all of it.

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Several of us from my FanForce group will be meeting at a Borders bookstore near my house at 7 p.m. tonight to do some serious book shopping. Right now, I plan on buying only the AOTC novelization and soundtrack.

I'll have to lock up the novel so I will not feel the need to read it before May 16th. ;)

6. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    JEDI-SOLO posted in another thread, "At work I've been reading the book since friday. We got it in thrusday."

And you say you just now decided to buy the book and have not completed it yet? I'm starting to sense a disturbance in the force.

Just messing with you. I too am trying to not read the novelization, but find myself unable to restrain myself. Oh, the horror!

7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    LOL!! I bought it and the soundtrack with the Yoda cover.

I have been reading it at work. I will not read the whole thing. I've only been reading pretty much the parts that were in the trailers and the scenes leading up to them. I to have locked it up!

8. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I bought the AOTC novelization and soundtrack last night. I bought the soundtrack with Anakin and Padme on the cover.

I had to seriously restrain myself from opening the novel. It's going to be a long three weeks. ;)

The soundtrack is wonderful. John Williams delivers once again! :)

9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yes it will be a long three weeks indeed!

10. DarthRender

DarthRender Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    I finished the book Tuesday night. It rules!!!!!!!

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Bad news yall I got fired from my part time job today! We had a theif working there and they couldn't figure out who it was so they fired us ALL!

12. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I'm sorry to hear that. :( I'm sure you can find something else.

Transporting pizza is a quick and easy way to turn a credit or two. You might want to look into it. They always need good freighter pilots. You can do that while you buzz the holonet for better work.

I hate theft. :mad:

May the Force be with you, my friend.

13. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks man! At least I got to get a crap load of the new AOTC cards with my discount before I got fired! :)

14. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Anyone interested in downloading a copy of the STAR WARS theme I use on my PC at home? :cool:

If so, I made a copy available on our new web site. You may need to obtain a copy of Desktop Achitect. This too is linked from our site by clicking on the preview image.

15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I'd love to have it! I can't though until my mom finishes building my computer.

Also on a side note remember the SW DVD thing I talked about at meeting 1? Yeah well just like 2 days ago it was changed on our computer! There is no listing anymore for it on DVD. How about that.

16. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I was thinking about that as I worked last night. I meant to post a question for you in this very thread. I was curious about an update on that DVD story. I figured it had to be a fluke.

17. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    Hey Everyone,
    Just wanted to let everyone know, we have a new FanForcer in our midst. My wife gave birth to our first little Sith Lord last night at 7:36 pm. 8 lbs, 4 oz, 21 1/2 inches long. Back to the hospital for me.

DG

18. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Congratulations to you and your wife! :D

19. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Congratulations! Boy OR Girl?

*Whispers to everyone else* Little does he know. DarthGuido's offspring will grow into GREAT jedi.

Which hospital are you in?

20. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    That is indeed very happy news to hear!

21. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    Hey guys,
    It was a boy, we're in Womens and Childrens Hospital. I had the nurses do a Midi-Chlorian count last night. Lo and Behold he has the highest Midi-Chlorian count ever. Almost 30,000...which is better even than Anakin. Ha! Have a great day guys.

DG

22. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Is anyone even looking at the T-shirt thread :confused:

I have setup an e-commerce store with CafePress.com and it is ready to start fulfilling our orders. I will release the URL as soon as we all agree on a design. Two styles Golf Shirt ($16.99) and T-shirt ($13.99).

Oh, yea. When you swing by the website, sign our guestbook. It works now. Thanks.

23. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yall don't forget to watch the intro of ROTJ tonight guys!

24. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Aw not that exciting. :( Last weeks was a hell of alot better!

25. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Something pretty cool happened eariler today. I met someone that was going to celebration II tonight. I asked him if he was on TF.N and he said no he had been here a few times. He is on Rebelscum I never heard of that. He was one of my friends friends so I will try to get more info on him and recruit him for us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.