main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA A new quiz thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by soneil, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    It's been a while since we had a quiz thread so here's a new one. Firstly, just a few guidelines to avoid it being abandoned after the first few posts.

First of all, the person who answers a question has the right to ask the next question.
    Secondly, no-one's answered your question after a day or two, then ask another easier question. These threads usually die when someone asks some obscure question no-one knows the answer to and the thread sinks to the bottom because everyone gets tired of waiting for the answer. Hard questions are ok but don't leave them unanswered for too long.
    Thirdly, ask hard questions if they're interesting or if you think people might know the answer. Don't ask ridiculously hard questions just to show how clever you are because no-one knows as much. I don't think that's hapenned in our past threads but I've seen it enough elsewhere.

Anyway, I'll start it off with a question I'd rate as medium difficulty.

The character of Reginald Barclay in Startrek was played by an actor who also played a major character in a hit 80s tv series. What was the name of that character and series?

2. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I believe it was Capt. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock from The A Team.

Correct ?

3. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    That's the one. :)

4. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Dale Midkiff played a cop from the future in which 90's T.V. show ?

What was the name of the character he played ?

5. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Was he the guy in Time Tracks? Darien or something. Only watched it once or twice.

6. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Close enough.

It was Time Trax, and his name was Darien Lambert.

7. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    *Hands ready on the buzzer*

Keep 'em coming eventually we might run into something I know (maybe)

8. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    One for stinky then - though if anyone else beats him to it... ;)

Who took over from John Sherridan as commander of Babylon 5?

9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    No-one? Oh well. It was Elizabeth Lochley.

How about an easy one. Jack O'Neil in the Stargate SG1 series is played by an actor who was previously famous for what TV role?

10. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    hehe, I know this one. McGuyver (sp?)

Q: Who is the other Stargate actor who also appeared in the above mentioned show, and which character does he play in SG-1?

11. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Anyone? I don't know it. Let's keep the thread alive folks.

12. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I'll post the answer since it seems no-one has any idea. Don S Davis, who plays General Hammond in Sg-1, also had a major part in McGuyver.

Another question (an easy one to get people involved): How many versions of the Enterprise has there been?

13. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    That would be a total of seven starships, discounting the Enterprise aircraft carrier shown in Star Trek IV and the space shuttle Enterprise which according to fan canon the starships were named after. The seven starships were as follows: the original star explorer Enterprise commanded by Captain Archer in the series of the same name; the famous Constitution-class Enterprise (NCC-1701) commanded by James T. Kirk; the rebuilt Enterprise (NCC-1701-A) built after the scuttling of the original as shown in Star Trek III; the Excelsior--class Enterprise (NCC-1701-B) on which James Kirk allegedly perished in Star Trek Generations; the third Enterprise (NCC-1701-C) which went through a wormhole and was destroyed in mysterious circumstances; Picard's Enterprise (NCC-1701-D); and NCC-1701-E, a rebuilt Enterprise under Picard's command again.

Next quiz question, and again probably an easy one: name and explain at least three scifi/fantasy/horror citations of the words "Klaatu", "Barada", and "Nik'to".

14. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    3 different versions for you huh?

1: The shut off command for Gort in "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

2: The safe unlock command for the Necronomicon in "Army of Darkness".

3: The names of three back story characters in Jabba's palace in "Return of the Jedi".

New question......

I can see every one dashing off to IMDB for this one but here goes anyhoo....

Which actor who had a main role in "Red Dwarf" also had a role (albeit as a muppet) in Labyrinth?

15. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Crikey. No joke about having to consult IMDB despite my normal reluctance to do so. I had to go to the more section of the cast list before I saw a familiar name on there. :p
    Anyway, quite a long way down the list was Danny John-Jules who was also the cat in red dwarf. I saw a few other familiar names down there too. :)

Here's a new question. Which commander from a sci-fi series was previously well known as a character in tv's bonanza?

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Commander Adama from Battlestar galactica.

OK. One more question before I give up on this thread.

Which Egyptian god was portrayed as the baddie in the Stargate movie?

17. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    that would be Ra.

Q. Which Star Trek actor played another captain in a recent adaption of Moby Dick?

18. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    That would be Patrick Stewart, yeah?

Am I allowed to play, considering I'm not a WAer? [face_worried]

19. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    If it helps keep the thread alive i don't see why there should be a problem with that.

Good to see you here JMK, hows the magical east ?

20. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    correct Kieca. and you are more then welcome to join in :)

21. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Everyone knows you're an honourary WAer anyway caz. Fire away with another question. :)

22. JediMasterKieca

JediMasterKieca Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hehe, ok. :)
    Sorry about the wait, I've been busy for the past few days.

Alrighty, nice easy one to get it going again. I'm terrible with asking difficult questions. [face_blush]

Who directed the 1927 masterpiece, Metropolis?

23. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    That one's difficult enough sicne I haven't seen it. I'll refrain from checking IMDB unless no-one else gets it. :)

24. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Fritz Lang (spelling?)

Alrighty, Who is the only actor to have characters killed by a Predator, an Alien and a Terminator?

25. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Well the only ones I can think of who are in an Alien movie and a Terminator movie are Lance Henriksen and Michael Biehn but I don't recall either of them being in a Predator movie. Is one of them in the new AvP movie? If so then I'd guess Lance Henriksen because I guess he could play the part of another android from the same product line. Is that right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.