main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A new spin on capital punishment.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by JediMasterRevan, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Studies have shown it costs even more money to execute someone.

Yeah, if you do it the Ted Kennedy(C) approved way. I want to just push them off a 30,000 ft cliff.

2. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    In those clear cut cases, what a waste! Expendable human life can be an incredibly useful resource. Think of all the years you can shave off life saving drugs reaching the patients if you can test them on human subjects without worrying about their well being.

If the drug is toxic, some men who commited atrocities like raping and killing six year old girls dies a horrible death. If it does work, you've just saved the lives of thousands of patients. Talk about a win win situation.

Thats a brillient idea. Of course then have the whole what-do-we-we-them thing but it's a good idea.

3. Eschatos

Eschatos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2005
    Is there anyone willing to discuss the issues who is capable of showing a modicum of respect for the worth of their fellow persons?

4. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    Is there anyone willing to discuss the issues who is capable of showing a modicum of respect for the worth of their fellow persons?

No. The Right wing-Wrong wing split has been cut too deep.

5. Eschatos

Eschatos Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2005
    If by by "Right Wing", you mean the misanthropic bastards who would endorse the views you have been espousing and by, "Wrong Wing", you mean sane, caring individuals who can see every side of a question-then we are in agreement.

However, unlike you, I take the approach of respecting all human life without exception e.g. by opposing both abortion and shooting abortion doctors. Somehow, I have two impressions of you: 1)You own at least one "Sic Semper Tyrannus" shirt. 2)You find one of the two aforementioned positions to be one of convenience.

6. Emperor_Joe

Aug 7, 2002
    If by by "Right Wing", you mean the misanthropic bastards who would endorse the views you have been espousing and by, "Wrong Wing", you mean sane, caring individuals who can see every side of a question-then we are in agreement.

I'm fear we have come at a split. The right wing I was refering to was the Right-wing(Republicans), and the Wrong (Or left) wing.

However, unlike you, I take the approach of respecting all human life without exception e.g. by opposing both abortion and shooting abortion doctors.

Good for you.

Somehow, I have two impressions of you: 1)You own at least one "Sic Semper Tyrannus" shirt.

No I don't. I think people who use Latin in daily conversations are stuck up and rude.

2)You find one of the two aforementioned positions to be one of convenience.

Naw, shooting abortion doctors would take way too much money but abortion is wrong, yeah.

7. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Is there a chance to keep at least one thread on topic today?

8. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Theoritically I'm for execution but I'm always worried about the possibility that it's the wrong person.

In the end I'd have to vote against it.

9. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I'm totally against capital punishment. I like the sound of that "declaration of independance" thingy. What'd you say it was again? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.