main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

a new spoiler for Rebel Stand on TFN

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthDave, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDave

DarthDave Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2000
    Some of this is partially known but just posted is

Star Wars New Jedi Order: Rebel Stand MMPB: Luke Skywalker's daring mission to halt the Yuuzhan Vong's nefarious plot to overthrow the New Republic is struggling on all fronts. And time is slipping away for Han and Leia Organa Solo, trapped on a small planet whose rulers are about to yield to Yuuzan Vong pressure to give up the Jedi rebels. On Coruscant, Luke and Mara Jade Skywalker have made a shocking discovery that is preventing the Yuuzan Vong from exerting complete control. But when the enemy tracks them down, Luke and Mara are thrust into a fierce battle for their lives!

Everything is known I think except for the shocking discovery of Luke and Mara.

Personally I wonder if it is like something from the War of the Worlds with maybe bacteria or something from all the wastes that Coruscant produces.

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I think its more of an 8th cortex/Vong religion not being true thing.

3. DarthDave

DarthDave Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2000
    You could be right. Probably a better chance than what I speculated but I didn't get that impression from reading that

4. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    shocking discovery that is preventing the Yuuzan Vong from exerting complete control

Most likly the religion of theres prevents them from either 1.moving beyond Corascant2.Moving without both Jedi sacrificed 3.Something in the phisical GFFA.

5. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    It better be somthing good... Not like something that will deminish them in 3 books...

6. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    "But when the enemy tracks them down, Luke and Mara are thrust into a fierce battle for their lives!"

That's the bit that's getting me excited! Hopefully, Luke is finally going to use his jedi powers!

and i am also intrigued as to what this 'shocking discovery' could be...

7. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Interesting...I bet it is something that will destroy them in three books. I mean, we're getting close to the wire here, they need something going for them for a change, no matter how lame...

8. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Rebel Stand will be a good book, if the spoilers allude to anything.

9. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    The shocking discovery ...
    not only the Lusankya (sp?) was buried in the Coruscant ground, but now that half the palace is gone courtesy of Borsk, they'll discover Palpatine's second eye. Bye bye Vong.

10. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Maybe this is the beginning of the Shamed Ones rebellion so many people have been predicting.

11. NovaScarlette

NovaScarlette Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2002
    perhaps its time Luke starts kicking some serious YV ass and Mara dies.

12. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I garenty its a religious uprising or force.

13. Ghent99

Ghent99 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    Sounds awesome! Luke and Mara in a fierce battle is what I have been waiting for, other than Anakin's return. One of my favorite writers is writing it so it should be good...rereading Solo Command right now.

14. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Rad, Luke and Mara, cut off and surounded in the heart of enemy territory. Their only option? Fight their way out. This is a good thing. :)

The "secret" could be any number of things. Maybe it's the planetside resistance by those left behind. It could be a new super weapon or something the Vong are afraid of.

15. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Unlikly, Del Rey would not go that far out of the way, the Vong will die internally I assure you, if you do not belive, Ill be chuckling in the end.

16. SST_Beetle

SST_Beetle Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
    I agree with Chissdude, I don't think it's going to be some fancy Superweapon, but most likely an internal problem that destroys the Vong.

17. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Most likly very similar to the collapse of classical Maya, you should listenI have a PHD in that field.

18. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Incorrect, the shamed ones don't even know how to rebel according to Eov:RE. And in case you're forgeting, this is the New JEDI Order. The Jedi will save the galaxy, not the shamed ones.

19. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    The Jedi are to few in numbers, I said nothing of the Shamed ones,the Jedi will gain help from the downfall of the Vong religion, thus starting a brutal civil war amonst the casts of Vong.

20. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Maybe they find something that the Empire had been researching, but forgot about it when the Empire feel so long ago, and it is a new super weapon. Why or how could they find out about the shamed ones rebellion or religion on Corusant?

21. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Maybe the Vong cant touch too much of Coruscant because its so automated. There really isnt a "natural" layer too it any more. Im mean sure... its some where, but REALLY far down.

22. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Maybe, maybe, amybe, yes maybe. However likly its a religiouse thing, and im willing to bet heavily.

23. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    [Gandolf realizes that he?s agreeing with what chissdude10 has to say, has heart attack and dies]

24. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    CLEAR!!!!

ZAPPPP

CLEAR!!!!

25. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Geee, sory Gandolf!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.