main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A new Star Wars Wiki ! (Voluntaries needed)

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by 22A17, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 22A17

22A17 Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2007
  2. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    I see links (albeit red links) about canon stuff and Star Wars RPs, which is essentially fanon, as well. If I may ask, how is this any different from Wookieepedia and Star Wars Fanon?

Also, I see that the Admin, who I assume is you, has already uploaded at least one image. On a Wiki, you really should be using the template {{information}} to source every image that is uploaded. And one final thing (and don't take this as me telling you what to do so much as giving suggestions), Wikia guidelines say that you shouldn't protect the main page of a Wiki just for the sake of protecting it, nor should you protect any page preemptively. The idea behind the protection system is to protect pages that have already been vandalized.

3. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    Very nice, but honestly? The community already has the wikipedia star wars wiki and wookieepedia. Not to mention the Bob Vitas encyclopedia...I just fail to see what this has or is going to have to offer that sets it apart as a valid additional resource. As much work and effort to copy and summarize data as a wiki takes....I would much rather see this team of hardworking star wars fans tackle something that the star wars community doesn't have yet, or at least focus on information about one specific character/ship/location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.