main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A New Start. (After AotC) A short story w/ original characters

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by shuttle_captain, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shuttle_captain

shuttle_captain Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2003
    If I posted this wrong, please let me know. I'm new to the story forums.)

A New Start
    by Chris Martin
    The day the clones turn on the Jedi, a cantina owners life changes forever.
    11/08/03

It started out like any other day. Burr had started doing inventory on the bottles. Soon, his cantina would be filled with people and aliens from all over, trying to forget they lived on this poor excuse of a world. He felt odd being in the minority, but being human also gave him special treatment from some aliens. Almost pity, but he didn't care. He wouldn't leave here for anything. He was happy. He was finally living the good life. He had a ship, although it was a used Republic shuttle, he'd spent a long time fixing it up. He even made a holographic co-pilot for someone to talk to on those long runs for more liquor. Mainly because Davmit got sick during trips longer then a day. He'd been here for 8 years and had made some good friends. No matter what they said, he liked this world.
    Metrapia was a world just inside the core of the galaxy. A 'rest stop' off the main corridor. You only stopped here if you either needed fuel or sleep. The inhabitants of Metrapia were from many different worlds, but all were regulars. they complained about living here, but never left.
    Suddenly, he heard a slam. His assistant and friend, Davsmit, came in through the back door. He looked nervous, but he always looked that way.
    Especially before inventory.
    "Something weird is going on.", he said, putting down his jacket.
    "What's that, Dav?".
    "I don't know. Something.". The sweat glistened off of his beard, which made the gray show even more. "You remember that battle we heard about over on Tiuvh 3?".
    "Ya.", Burr replied. "Those droid armies got their metal butts handed to them."
    "Well, have you noticed that it's been real quiet since then? I mean, we haven't heard anything about the new Chancellor. Not to mention who's winning the war. the holo-nets been down for 3 days.".
    "You still watching that? All it tells you is how many people died. It's depressing.".
    "It's the war. how can you NOT watch it? I mean, what if they came here?".
    Burr laughed outloud. "Come here? Why? They need to use the restroom?".
    "I'm serious. Why hasn't there been anything?".
    Burr walked over and turned the OPEN sign on. "Maybe the wars over. Maybe all the Knights got together and finished it.".
    Davsmit put his apron on. "I don't think so. I've got a bad feeling about this.".

A few hours later, the cantina was filled with the regular patrons. Ghospy was trying to beg another drink. the Woiddish brothers were arm wrestling each other for a drink and Saraosa was working the crowd, trying to find a place to stay the night. Burr looked away from his paper work to reach for his drink. Ripples starting forming on the water. Soon, they grew larger. A loud humming sound could be heard overhead. It was a ship and a large one to.
    Everyone started walking outside to take a look when the whole town exploded. Ships started flying over, firing, almost randomly. They were republic ships! Why were they firing innocents? An explosion rocked the cantina and some pieces from the cieling fell onto the bar.
    Davsmit quickly hid under the bar. Ghospy and everyone else started panicking and rushing toward the door. Burr tried to slow them down, get them to stay calm but it was to no avail. the cantina was emptied of patrons in seconds, only to be replaced with smoke and debris from the roof.
    Burr looked out again and saw people running down the street, away from another ship. It was making a strafing run down the middle of town. Somebody running, fell in front of him. He picked her up. "What's going on?".
    A panicked look on her face, she swallowed hard and said, "It's the Republic. Their after the Jedi. they say they need to be brought to justice.". The blood ran from her face as she looked at him one more time. "Their hunting the Jedi.".
    She ran away and left Burr alone. He went back into the bar, only to helplessly watch as the middle of the cantin

2. Cantina_Owner

Cantina_Owner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2003
    Nice short story. I liked the hologram co-pilot idea.

3. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Very interesting. Would like to see more. Wonder who the master was.

4. shuttle_captain

shuttle_captain Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2003
    Really? Thanks, man. I'd like to do more if people think I'm good enough to read. :)

5. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    yeah...nice story. Plentifull action.

I also liked He drove like a mad taun-taun on spice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.