main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars A New Threat (around 2000 BBY)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Master_Starsun, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Starsun

Master_Starsun Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2010
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away... STAR WARS!

The Republic has ruled a peaceful galaxy for centuries. The Jedi number in the thousands and all seems well...

I need as many as 5 players and as few as 2. The game will be mainly sandbox but there is a story whoch will develope pretty quickly. I do need one person to play a Jedi Padawan on the verge of knighthood to be apprenticed to my Jedi Master.

Okay now... Here is the rules: No God mode No fighting eachother in OOC and My word is LAW!

Here is the Char Sheet

Name:
    Species:
    Description:
    Class(Jedi,Dark Jedi,Smuggler etc.):
    Force Sensitive?:
    Weapon(s):
    Clothing:
    Ship:
    Bio:
    Please PM me your char or questions.

2. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    By the by I really do have a story lined up and it will involve a lot of action so put on your high octane pants and come play!

Here is the Jedi Master I spoke of, he is my char.

Name: Phanius
    Species: Umbaran
    Class: Jedi Master
    Description: a tall humanoid who smells of dusty old tomes.
    Weapon(s): a green bladed lightsaber
    Ship:-
    Bio: This Jedi Master has a questionable philosophy that he has named the Potentium. He is seen as a radical by many of his peers and has gathered the party at a cantina on Coruscant to talk of a private endeavor...

3. john123abc

john123abc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2010
    GM approved

Name: Spirba Dha Werda (Passing Shadow)
    Species: human (Mandalorian)
    Description: His real name is unknown and he prefers to be called Passing Shadow or just Shadow, Shadow is a tall, dark haired Mandalorian who rarely removes his helmet, he is very sarcastic, a little insane, and somewhow cold, although he would gladly die for his friends and Mandalorian values.
    Class: Mandalorian Crusader
    Force Sensitive?: some level of force sensitivity although he never explored it or trained himslef in it
    Weapon(s): old modified slugthrower rifle, an old vibrosword, wristblade (much like those used by republic clone commandos), wristshot, and modified slugs (ammo)
    Clothing: old modified Mandalorian schock trooper armor, jetpack
    Ship: old modified Basilisk war droid
    Bio: Shadow was born and raised on Mandalore, the homeworld of Mandalorians, little he knew about his father except that he was a great warrior, but not a Mandalorian, his father left him an old sword, armor, and a Basilisk. It became a Shadow's quest to find information about his father and his possible location, like every Mandalorian he also seeks glory of battle and war.

OOC: sorry I've changed my character sheet a little but I thought that an experienced Mandalorian veteran would know how to fight with many types of weapons and would have access to prototypes weapons and armors.

4. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    OOC: That is okay. They look like they'll be just fine.

5. john123abc

Jan 23, 2010
    OOC: How many other players send you their CS?

6. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    OOC:I know of one CS headed my way, then we will begin. Anyone else who joins can do so during gameplay.

7. Alewolf

Alewolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2010
    Greetings, I have played online Txt games before, but never posted on the Jedi Coucil. I discovered I can not send Pms. I am intrested in the part of Padawan. Would this be acceptable?

NAME: Nivae
    SPECIES: Juhani Cathar
    DESCRIPTION: Golden in color with stripes of a Butterscotch hue. Eyes are Greenish Blue.

CLASS: Padawan
    FORCE SENSITIVE: Of course
    WEAPONS: Green Lightsaber of simple construction, Claws, Sometimes a side arm, Long needle thin knife often hid on her person (seldom without it)
    CLOTHING: Padawan robes and Braid
    SHIP: None
    BIO: Nivae is the youngest of Shindo, whose mate died in the child birth. She was raised in a household of males and lacking a female role model, often acted out of her station. Nivae was greatly loved by her father and brothers; however, of all her siblings it was Sullik, whom she admired most. She would often irritate him as she followed him about and tried to imulate him in all things. Her habit reached its apex and caused a local scandal when she started to style her hair in the traditional male style adopted by her brother. Thus it should of been no surprise when at the age of 10 she secretly followed her older brother to the Veldt grasslands. Sullik and two friends had decided to go to the kiltik hatching grounds to prove their valor. The young males started well enough, but soon became overwhelmed. They were not as mature nor prepared as they had believed. Nivae was nothing if not courageous. She leapt to her brother's defense and the 4 younglings were able to fight free of the kiltik and return home beaten but very much alive. Then things became hard for Nivae. Her brother was embarrassed, being "saved by his little sister", quickly poisoned their once loving relationship. The incident forced Shindo to seek the help of female relations to "curb his daughter's continued rebellion". Fortunately for Nivae, her local notoriety caught the attention of the Jedi Master, Koltan Qui, who was conducting business on Cathar for the Jedi Council. He was the first to sense her strength in the force. Although old for a padawan she has learned quickly, her fierce nature and single minded determination has allowed her to make great strides and over come the handicap of her age. She is now on the verge of knighthood.

8. john123abc

Jan 23, 2010
    You will be able to use PMs once you get 20 posts so just be active on forums or go to New PLayers Start Here discussion, there there's a link to a discussion where you can get 20 posts just by spamming

9. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    OOC: The Cathar is great. Welcome to the game. 20 posts is pretty easy to get and it's worth it, because if you need to PM later you'll be glad you can do it. Alright onto business. This is my first text game that I'm GMing, just a fair warning lol.

In game: The cantina that you have been summoned to is in the upper city of Coruscant, so it is relativly devoid of the typical stereotypes. Instead it looks more like a lounge thay serves expensive liquors from exotic planets. You see Master Phanius sitting at a booth in the center of the room, laughing with a waitress.

For John123abc: you have worked with Phanius before, he pays well and when he needs to be he can be quite the master tactician. In other words, he isn't bad for an aruetiise.(Mando word for non-mando). He sits there at his table being his personable self to the hired help. Something tells you deep down that its just an act. That isn't the job though. Phanius has brought you here to discuss a job. He notices you and motions for you to take a seat. "How is my favorite Mando'ade?"

For the Cathar: you find it strange that Master Phanius has called you to the Galactic Corner Cantina in the middle of the day, or at all really. However, Master Phanius did say he was going to be sending help with you on your trials mission, but you assumed it would be Jedi help. As you enter the smells of alcohol and smoke are almost overwhelming. Using your amazing talent for focus you concentrate on your business and not the stench. Your master sits at a table just a few meters from the entrance and is currently waving at a figure clad head to toe in armor and arms, a Mandalorian! Is that who your going to be working with? Master Phanius looks your way after conversing shortly with the Mandalorian. "Ah my apprentice arrives. How are you this morning, Nivae?"

Tag you two!

10. john123abc

Jan 23, 2010
    IC: Spirba Dha Werda/Passing Shadow

Shadow was on Coruscant because there was a possible lead about his father, however it turned out to lead nowhere. Then his old partner called Shadow in propositon of an job, Shadow showed up of course, he couldn't refuse an offer from a great warrior like Phanius even when he wasn't one of his fellow Mandalorians. When he came to a cantina he saw Phanius and something deep inside told him that this is just an act, Shadow decided to secretly prepare his wrist blade incase he would need to quickly defend himself. Shadow sat down next to Phanius and after a short conversation Shadow noticed a padawan entering the cantina, Phanius welcomed him and they had a short conversation, when they were done Shadow took Phanius aside, "a kid? I don't work with kids Phanius, I'm not a babysitter,"...

TAG: GM/Phanius or alewolf/Nivae

11. Alewolf

Alewolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2010
    ICC: Nivae, Padawan to Master Phanius

Nivae entered the Galactic Corner Cantina, the smells of alcohol, smoke, several illegal substances, and Master Phanius passed beneath her sensitive nose. Her ears quickly quivered as the sounds of Republic Citizens surrounded her.

Glancing around she saw her Master seated a few meters from her. Seated next to him was a Mandolorian...

"Odd company my Master keeps these days" thought Nivae as she quickley walked to the seated figures.

"Master, I have come with all haste as you requested" Nivae purred as she took a seat opposite the Jedi Master. Nivae quickly began to examine her Master's strange companion. He appeared at rest, yet he still exuded a sense of readiness and danger. She noted that the Mandolorian had positioned himself for a quick escape if violence was the coin of the day. She glanced at Master Phanius, she was confident that he was aware of the Mandolorian's emotions. Phanius met her gaze and she saw the sparkle of hidden laugher in his eyes.

Nivae, began to relax. After a quick meal and banter, Master Phanius excused himself and moved toward the bar. The Mandolorian quickly got up and followed.

"A kid? I don't work with kids Phanius, I'm not a babysitter,"... The Mandolorian grumbled to Phanius.

Nivae, took a quick breath..... "Emotion, yet peace..." She thought

Tag All

12. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    As the two of you sit at the table the waitress takes orders and excuses herself. Phanius regards you both with a thoughtful look for a moment, then says, "The reason I brought the two of you here is because a personal item of mine," he displays a holo of a pyramidal object, "was stolen, I've discovered that the thief took the... object to his suite on Nar Shadaa, near the old Refugee Sector. The area is controlled by Aruba the Hutt so you'll have to be discreet. Nivae, I've spoken with the council and they are willing to count this as your trial for knighthood. And Shadow, the usual amount plus 5% will be in your account. The target's name is Tular Baruk, he's a Rodian, and a criminal." He hands you both datacards. "These are boarding passes for a shuttle here to Nar Shadaa. The pilot is ready whenever you are." Phanius stands and moves to the bar to give his lonely glass the company of Telosian ale. Shadow follows. "A kid?" The Mandalorian seemed peturbed, "I don't work with kids. I'm not a babysitter." Phanius placed his hand on Shadow's armored shoulder. "This isn't just some kid, this is Nivae, my Padawan. She won't slow you down I guarantee it." The Mandalorian continued to look at the Jedi Master. Phanius sighed. "Alright what about a 15% bonus?" As the Master and the Mandalorian exchanged words a Nautolan squeezed up next to Nivae. "You, uh, wanna buy some death sticks?" He then held out his hand with the illegal vials in them, and continued to not make eye contact.
    TAG Shadow and Nivae

13. Alewolf

Alewolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2010
    ICC: Nivae

"The reason I brought the two of you here is because a personal item of mine," he displays a holo of a pyramidal object, "was stolen, I've discovered that the thief took the... object to his suite on Nar Shadaa, near the old Refugee Sector. The area is controlled by Aruba the Hutt so you'll have to be discreet. Nivae, I've spoken with the council and they are willing to count this as your trial for knighthood. And Shadow, the usual amount plus 5% will be in your account. The target's name is Tular Baruk, he's a Rodian, and a criminal."

Nivae studied the halo, followed by her master and Shadow. "This will be harder than it appears, or the Council would not accept it as my Trial", she thought.

"Master, I am honored that you have decided that I am ready for this task. Nivae's voice warmed as she controlled her laughter. "This "kid" has waited for an opportunity to repay you for your time and support."

Tag: The Universe

14. john123abc

Jan 23, 2010
    IC: Passing Shadow

"Very well, I'll do everything I can to find your possession, and there's no need to worry your apprentice will be safe with me," said Shadow to Phanius and got up, "here kid, when you're done talking to Phanius head here, this is an hangar in which my Basilisk is kept, I will be waiting there for you," said Shadow to Nivae and walked out of the cantina silently ,even though he wore heavy Mandalorian armor.

TAG: anyone

15. Alewolf

Alewolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2010
    ICC Nivae

Nivae watched the Mandolorian exit the Cantina. She pursed her lips and puffed out a quick breath. "Manners were not part of the Mandolorian arsenal" she thought.
    Glancing at Phanius she, quietly asked. "Master are you sure about the Mando? I do not mean to question you... Its, its... just an arrogance. I don't know, something about him makes me question if the term discretion can be applied to him." Nivae gazed at her master intently. Then added "You know I will do all within my power to succeed for you. Trial or no trial, I will not allow failure.

She glanced down at her finished meal and began to draw flowers in the fluid still clinging to her plate. "If he calls me kid again I will claw out whatever he uses for vision". She mumbled fiercely.

16. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    As the Mandalorian leaves Phanius says thank you and turns to his apprentice, who voices her concerns. "The Mandalorian," he says, "is an old friend, he can be stealthy when the situation calls for it. As for the council and your trial... this mission may not be a gauntlet of death and darkness, but it does represent a normal errand a Jedi Knight would find herself in, therefore it will take all your training to accomplish this. On an... honest note; things rarely go according to plan. Keep your wits about you and you'll be fine." Phanius stared at his Padawan for a moment. "You have become a wise young woman
    , Nivae. You will be a great Jedi." Phanius then turns to leave the cantina.

17. Alewolf

Alewolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2010
    ICC:Nivae

"You have become a wise young woman
    , Nivae. You will be a great Jedi." Phanius then turns to leave the cantina

Nivae stared at the back of Master Phanius and pondered her situation. With a deep sigh she got out of her chair and exited into the night. Quickly flagging down some transportation she returned to the Jedi Temple Complex. On the way home, she ran through stories she had heard from other Jedi. This was how she formed her starting list of needs.

Quitely She went to her room and packed. Humming as she worked. She packed up personal care items, a side arm, a hold out, 2 sets of nondescript clothing, 1 set of official cloths,several credit chips,and some additional odds and ends. She checked to see if her hold out (her stileto as well)fit securely and was properly concealed. Her flight suit fit correctly and she laid this upon her bed. Next, she made a few calls and made arrangements for all the documents, that she would need to travel; as a Jedi Padawan as well as a Republic Citizen. Then she sat upon the worn rug in the center of her room and meditated.

OCC: Stopped here to allow GM to add anything. I will post early this evening at the latest and meet up with Shadow.

TAG: GM

18. john123abc

Jan 23, 2010
    IC: Passing Shadow/ Spirba Dha Werda

Shadow entered a large hangar, in the middle of the hangar was his Basilisk. Basilisk was laying down with its "head" between its front paws, guns that made up its head had many marks of battles and age. As soon as Basilisk recogniezed Shadow, it stood up, walked up to the Shadow, and lowered itself again. Shadow climbed the droid, opened the cockpit on its back, and walked in. Shadow activiated communicational device and made a call, a Mandalorian appeared on the screen. The Mandalorian was wearing a golden armor and a red cape, his armor looked much older than Shadow's, it looked almost organic. "Greetings, my Mandalore," said Shadow to the Mandalorian, "hello, Spirba Dha Werda," replied Mandalore, "why did you called?" Mandalore added, "I'm in need of a transport with a hyperdrive," said Shadow, "very well, there will be a prototype ship waiting for you in a Assault ship nearby Coruscant, you will also receive a crew of five," said Mandalore, "thank you, my Mandalore, I'm sure they'll be useful, farewell," said Shadow, "Ret'urcye mhi Spirba Dha Werda," said Mandalore, Shadow bowed a little and turned off the device.

TAG: anyone

19. Alewolf

Alewolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2010
    ICC Nivae

The time had come to meet Shadow. Nivae once again took inventory of her possessions. Exiting the Jedi Temple she stopped and turned..

"This is my home and this will be the last time I see it as I am. I shall return as a Knight or I shall not return." She clenched her fist and swore to the Goddess that it would be so.

She hailed transportation. The driver a rather seedy human who smelled of lubericants and sweat asked "So where too."

She looked at the chip Shadow had given her, then handed it to the driver. "Take me here".

She watched the city pass by the windows until she saw the small group of hangers where Shadow was docked. She exited the vehicle and paid her fare. Turning quickly she failed to hear the driver's farewells.

"Sooo I am now on my own" she said. As she entered she saw the Basilisk. Showing no fear she strode toward the ship.

Tag: GM/Shadow

20. john123abc

Jan 23, 2010

Shadow came out of the bowels of Basilisk after refueling it and making some small repairs. He noticed a young Cathar walking in his direction, "ah, there you are, come on kid we have no time to waste," said Shadow while making a gesture to the Basilisk which caused it to lower itself, "there's a compartment space in the bowels of the Basilisk put your stuff there and join me in the cockpit," said Shadow and pointed at small door in the rear of Basilisk, then he activated his jetpack and flew into the cockpit. In the cockpit there were two seats, Shadow sat in the front seat and locked himself into the Basilisk.

TAG: Nivae

21. Alewolf

Alewolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2010
    Icc Nivae
    "ah, there you are, come on kid we have no time to waste," said Shadow while making a gesture to the Basilisk which caused it to lower itself, "there's a compartment space in the bowels of the Basilisk put your stuff there and join me in the cockpit," said Shadow and pointed at small door in the rear of Basilisk, then he activated his jetpack and flew into the cockpit.

Nivae started to respond, but the Mandolorian was gone almost as fast has his speech. Grinding her teeth she had no choice but to stow the bag and climb into the rear seat.

"Call me Nivae, Jedi or Cathar, Not kid. It will at a minimum undermine my ability to work with the Rodian." She growled in Shadow's ear.

TAG: Shadow

22. john123abc

Jan 23, 2010

As the Cathar growled into Shadow's ear he chuckled quietly, " you're a feisty one, aren't you? Something tells me we'll get along just fine," then the Basilisk got up and walked to the side of the hanger across the open hangar door. Shadow checked that cockpit was tightly sealed and that Basilisk was fully functional, "hang on my young jedi friend, this might be a bumpy ride," said Shadow and the Basilisk started to run towards open hangar door. Basilisk leaped from the hangar and activated its two main engines and engines in each of its legs. They were speeding away from the planet, as they started to exit atmosphere sky became dark and stars started to show up all around them. They broke away from planet's gravitotional pull and were flyin in space. Shadow put some coordinates into autopilot and activated it, "I need to make a small detour to pick up a ship with a hyperdrive, it will take few hours for us to get there, so why won't we get to know each other?"...

TAG: Nivae

23. Alewolf

Alewolf Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2010
    IC: Nivae

Nivae started to relax after the Basilisk climbed to the outer atmosphere..

I need to make a small detour to pick up a ship with a hyperdrive, it will take few hours for us to get there, so why won't we get to know each other?"...

Nivae was startled at Shadow's change of topic. She had been lost in thought, idley fileing his comments as chatter.

"That is an excellent idea. It will help pass the time as well as improve our chances of success", replied Nivae.

She scratched her chin lightly and began. "I grew up on Cathar, single parent, lots of brothers. I learned all the skills you would expect from a Cathar hunter. It was not always easy. Even though legally the sexes are equal, the law does not always reflect reality." Nivae thought back to her father and sighed.

"Well the shortened version is I was brought to the Jedi Temple at age 10 by Master Koltan Qui. Most padawans grow up in the temple, so I worked hard to catch up."

Nivae chuckled... "oh I like long walks at night, the color green, males who are secure, any cooked meat, and getting my way. Its easier that way. Nivae grinned, "So other than being an armored killing machine, any thoughts or questions?"

TAG SHADOW

24. john123abc

Jan 23, 2010

As soon as Nivae described him as "an armored killing machine" Shadow laughed, "I prefer term 'heartless inorganic being, who uses heavy protection, and whose goal is to terminate'," joke Shadow, " well I was born on Mandalore, I was also raised by a single parent, my mother, but I had no siblings. I went the harsh Mandalorian training, and at age of 15 I got my first suit of armor and I joined military. I was also a victim of discrimination, my father wasn't a Mandalorian you know, so other kids gave me a hard time until I was about 10, I fought them, all of them at the same time, I still remember the thrill I felt as I successfully dodged their attacks and quickly executed mine, from that day on they treated me as their equal. So as you can see we are not so different after all. I served in Mandalorian army for about 30 years, in free time I was trying to locate my father, most of the equipment I use now I got from him. Now I'm mostly looking for my father, sometimes I do mercenary jobs like this one, but as soon as new crusade is going to start I'm going to join other Mandalorians. I like to sneak up on people, sleep, and crush my enemies, I like the color gray, I don't have preferences when comes to women, I'm not married, and I used to have son. So how old are you anyway kiddo? 15?"...

OOC: GM I'm sorry but I didn't notice you made those changes and added the shuttle, I think it's too late to change the story so I'm still going to use that Mandalorian ship Mandalore gave me, also I accept the 15% bonus.

TAG: Nivae/kid

25. Master_Starsun

Jan 3, 2010
    OOC: That's ok, I forgot you had a basalisk. You guys are doing great, by the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.