main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A New View - Qui/Dook one-piece 8/6

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AthenaLeigh, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Title - A New View
    author - Athena Leigh
    rating - G
    main chars - Qui-Gon mostly and a bit of Dooku
    summary - Qui-Gon waits for his Master on a cold moon and learns a little lesson in the meantime.

notes - Hi, everybody. I thought I would start with this story since I never got much feedback on it, so please let me know what you think. And on the topic of astronomical stuff, if anyone is outside the next few nights, look at the sky, the Perseid meteor shower is in action. Sorry, lol, I saw a couple last night and they were so pretty, I didn't want anyone to miss out. Anyway, this is one of my favorites, so enjoy!

A New View

"Go, Padawan, we'll take separate ships, split their fire. It will give us a better chance of getting away."

Qui-Gon watched as his Master ran to one of the shuttles. Reluctant to part from his Master but trusting Dooku's judgment he sped to the nearest of the small transports. In a moment he was sky-bound and watching his Master's shuttle get farther away.

He sighed as the shuttle exited the atmosphere and the dark emptiness of space encompassed him, broken by the tiny lights so far away shining bright. Qui-Gon leaned back in the pilot's chair. He knew his Master meant to head out of the system and then meet up again. Dooku would not show it, but Qui-Gon knew he was frustrated and angry with these rebels that had attacked them. Everything with the mission had been going fine until the completely unexpected attack, of which the Jedi had been the targets. With them gone, the rebels would take control. Of course, once Qui-Gon and Dooku got back to the Temple, the Council would send in stronger security forces to right the situation.

The sudden rocking of his craft made Qui-Gon wonder if he would be getting back. He jumped up and checked the sensors. It seemed the rebels had their own ships and were determined to take out the Jedi ambassadors. Qui-Gon rebuked himself for not paying better attention; because he was worn out and eager to return home, he had not sensed the approaching ship as he should have.

Focusing on the present, he discovered his shuttle had no weapons. Picking a new course of action, he went into evasive maneuvers. Unfortunately, the first shot had hit the engines and he had little control over the vessel. As more fire battered him all around, the Padawan attempted to guide the vessel, veering roughly toward the outer gas giant in the system. Deciding that would be a good place to hide, Qui-Gon aimed for the night side of the planet.

As the shuttle careened through space, Qui-Gon noticed the fire had stopped. Well, of course. There's no need when the shuttle is going to fall apart any second now. Putting his own smart remarks to the side, Qui-Gon watched as the little ship headed not toward the planet but to one of its frozen moons. He strapped himself in as the surface quickly approached and hoped the hull would not breech. The ship landed heavily, dark blue and black dust spraying into the air around him.

He thanked the Force that the landing had not been any rougher and that his pursuers had apparently left him alone. Now in the relative peace on the moon, Qui-Gon wondered if his Master had been more successful. If he were to guess, he would think Master Dooku was giving them a hard time and that was why his attackers had gone off, thinking the apprentice had spiraled hopelessly into the planet.

Qui-Gon turned all the controls in the ship to minimal functioning to preserve power. He quickly felt the cold of the small ice world penetrating the ship. He did not know how long he would be there, unsure whether his Master would make it all the way back to Coruscant before realizing his Padawan was not on his way there also, or if he would come for him as soon as he took care of the rebel besiegers. What if he did not come at all? It was times like this when Qui-Gon wished his bond with his Master were stronger.

He found a thermal blanket in a supply cabinet. Settling against a bulkhead, he wrapped it around himself, hoping it w

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I really liked seeing this portrayal of Dooku and Qui-Gon. You did a great job of characterizing these two, you made them both warm and sympathetic. I liked! :D

"The Force provides in many ways, and often they are unexpected, my young apprentice. Now hurry on board. We've got to return to the Temple," Dooku answered. He had not seen whatever it was Qui-Gon was talking about, but he was glad he was all right and that there was something to distract his Padawan from his plight until he could arrive. Sometimes he thought his apprentice seemed simple and often younger than he was, but it always made him feel good to see the young one smile.

Qui-Gon sighed as they flew away, gazing out the back port in hopes of catching one last geyser wishing him farewell. He knew his Master did not appreciate it as he did, but that was not going to stop him. He smiled as just as Tryten was shrinking from sight, a blue flare shot out, one final burst of light glittering in the faint sunlight. He would not forget the lesson he had learned, or the wonder he had found.

Really good ending! Great work!

3. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Very nice, liked the hole qui-gon caring for dookie

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh that was a touching scene! Loved how Qui passed the time watching the 'show'. That was great! The things that can catch one's attention sometimes! ;)

And yes the meteor shower is great! ;) I've been watching it too at night :D

Great work!! Loved it!

5. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Read this piece on the other site -- just as wonderful the second time around :) Excellent job sweetie I love the way you portray Qui-Gon and Dooku's relationship :) brilliant work :)

6. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    VaderLVR64 I'm glad you liked the ending, I was never too sure of it. Thank you.

sdhfs thanks! dookie? *giggles* dookie want a cookie? *falls down laughing too hard*

Kynstar Thank you, glad you enjoyed. Glad you're watching the meteors too. Sadly, it's cloudy here tonight. :( Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Layren Thanks ;) Muchly appreciated. I have fun portraying them. Glad you like.

Thanks, everyone, I'm glad to have some readers for my Qui/Dooku stories, they're a lot of fun to write.

7. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Aw. Very keeping in Qui-Gon's character, as well as showing the contrasts between him and his Master. Great job and welcome to the boards. :)

8. AthenaLeigh

Aug 3, 2004
    LuvEwan Thank you, I very much enjoy writing Dooku and Qui-Gon because they're so different from Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, and Dooku is just so much fun. Thank you and I'm glad to be here.

9. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    A well written story. I liked the idea of Qui-Gon being trapped on a cold, desolate planet for a while.

10. Charmisjess

Charmisjess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2003
    *bump!*

I love this fic! It's the first one of yours I read, I think, I loved it then, I loved it now! :) Nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.