main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA A New Way To Help "Another Way"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jangosmom, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Hi, everyone. I came across an item in a magazine that talked about how you can sign up a charity to receive about a penny per search, everytime you used a certain search engine. I contacted the search engine called GoodSearch and they have added Another Way. It is actually under the Inland Counties Regional Center. Here is some info. on GoodSearch:
    GoodSearch.com is a new search engine that donates half its revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate. You use it just as you would any search engine, and it?s powered by Yahoo!, so you get great results.GoodSearch is a search engine with a unique social mission.They give 50% of our advertising revenue to the nonprofits and schools that our users choose. You and your supporters can make a difference in the lives of many just by changing the way you search the Internet!
    Just go to www.goodsearch.com and be sure to enter Inland Counties Regional Center as the charity you want to support. Just 500 of us searching four times a day will raise about $7300 in a year without anyone spending a dime! And, be sure to spread the word!

The Elephant Sanctuary has already earned more than $1600 just by using GoodSearchThe Bubel Aiken Foundation has earned more than $1000 just by using GoodSearch!
    Here's an example of how much your organization can earn:
    · 100 supporters search the internet just twice a day = $730/year

· 1,000 supporters search the internet just twice a day = $7300/year
    Spread the Word!
    While the press has done a great job in featuring GoodSearch, in order for your cause to earn as much money as possible, it?s important that you spread the word to your supporters. Here are some suggestions:
    Send an email out to all of your friends, family and supporters.
    Put a logo and link to GoodSearch on your website
    http://www.goodsearch.com/Logo.aspx
    Encourage everyone you know to download the GoodSearch toolbar.
    http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbar/
    Make GoodSearch the homepage on all of the computers in your company or school.
    http://www.goodsearch.com/MakeHomepage.aspx
    Write about GoodSearch on blogs and message boards.
    Thought I'd pass this on. If we all started using it and told our friends,co-workers etc. we could really make a difference without any effort!

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Cool, found it! I set up our new laptop with this as the homepage. Will change it in work too.

3. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Thanks. For those who couldn't find it Another Way is listed under Inland Counties Regional Center (San Bernardino).

4. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    thanks for the info :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.